Adriana M.
Lawrence , KS
Okay. This made my face look cakey and accentuated my pores. I like a natural look, I like looking hydrated, not even necessarily dewy. I have normal to dry skin.

This was awful on me. I applied with a damp beauty blender, I tried brushes. No matter what I did, no matter what high end primer I used, it looked terribly fake and DRY. And it showed me huge pores I never even knew I had. But since the shade was pretty good on me, and my hg foundation hunt has been so unsuccessful, I was determined to make it work (and not have to show my face at Ulta with yet ANOTHER return)

So I tried something I had heard about but had no faith in, oil.
I prepped my face with my usual sunscreen and Becca First light primer. Got my off brand beauty blender fully damp and ready. I put a nickel size amount of foundation on the back of my hand, and mixed in about a drop and a half of squalane oil (from The ordinary) and mixed it together.

I applied it, working in sections around my face, and IT LOOKS 10x BETTER. No giant moon crater pores, no cake face, just natural looking healthy skin finish.

You can also use rose hip oil, or jojoba oil, and you can really control the glow level this way. If you wanted like Rihanna level glow but don't want to be shimmery from a highlighter, this would do it.

TRY THIS TECHNIQUE. Changed my life, my search is over...until my next paycheck.