BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

24-hour staying power.

Flawless. Natural. Matte. Unifies uneven skintone, covers imperfections with buildable medium to full coverage.

Feels lightweight and so comfortable, you won’t believe it’s super long wear.

Oil-free. Controls shine.

Non-acnegenic: won't clog pores, which may help avert breakouts.

Waterproof. Won’t run, rub off or smudge.

Lasts in hot and humid weather.

Available in Cool, Neutral and Warm undertones.

Won’t look grey on deeper skintones.

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau; Cyclopentasiloxane; Trimethylsiloxysilicate; Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone; Butylene Glycol; Tribehenin; Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate; Magnesium Sulfate; Tocopheryl Acetate; Polymethylsilsesquioxane; Methicone; Laureth-7; Xanthan Gum; Alumina; Sodium Dehydroacetate; Disteardimonium Hectorite; Cellulose Gum; Propylene Carbonate; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Phenoxyethanol; [+/- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499); Mica; Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)] <ILN39010>

• What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the ...11 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 160 Answers
  • Do you prefer matte or dewy foundation? LIKE for matte C...11 Answers
Media (1911)
Natalie G.
Review for: 1N2 Ecru - Neutral Undertone, 4C3 Softan - Cool/Rosy Undertone more...
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE SECRET TO WEARING THIS!!! I'M SO THRILLED.
Note: I tested this six times, and got this to work..and it was an 18-hour day that included a dehydrating plane ride!!!

I've included a long list of directions below, but it works!! I'm so happy. Long story short: Moisturize, leave time for layers to set, AND DON'T USE A LOT OF THE PRODUCT. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY...AND USING TOO MUCH RESULTS IN CAKING, COMING OFF ON CLOTHES, ETC.

Skin Type (cause with this foundation, your natural skin type is important to how it will work): Combination skin: 30s, so starting to have wrinkles, but still get breakouts. And my skin is on the more "sensitive" side.

Confession: I placed this bottle in a box to return it to Sephora no less than six times. (Husband was like, "Make a decision already!") But, with all the good reviews, I WAS DETERMINED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO WEAR THIS WITHOUT CAKING, WITHOUT EMPHASIS ON LINES, ETC....AND I think I found it! Here goes:

1-You have to make sure you moisturize your face big time. At night, I use Philosophy's face wash that removes every spec of makeup. It can be drying, so then I use Sephora's night cream (which, I hear, is made by Estee Lauder). I MAKE SURE MY UNDER-EYES ARE ALSO MOISTURIZED! I also try to hydrate as much as I can (water, water, water!).

2-In the morning, before I get out of bed, I put on a thin layer of an oil-free moisturizer with sunscreen. I use one from Target. Sometimes, I'll also use a shimmering serum. I got one at TJ Maxx that was made by Crabtree and Evelyn. Whatever.

3-LET THE MOISTURIZER DRY. Say, about 20 minutes.

4-Totally optional: Use Laura Mercier Primer and let it sit for 10 minutes. TOTALLY OPTIONAL IF YOU'VE DONE STEPS 1-3. If you want shimmer/dewy look, then use A TINY BIT of that. You could even use the Smashbox Primer with shimmer. Haven't seen it in a couple years, but you can find it if you search! LET IT DRY. SO ANOTHER 10 MIN.

5. For those who found that this dried out/caked out, etc.: Put on another thin layer of moisturizer, if needed. If not, then take out the back of your hand and do the following:

a) take a drop of moisturizer---HAVE THAT AS YOUR MAIN BASE, and put it on the back of your hand.
b) You can add in a little bit of Dr. Jart's BB cream, too, if you'd like. (Small amounts!!!)
c) Mix in A DROP of Estee Lauder Double Wear (A TINY DROP! THE SIZE OF A DIME!!!) and mix it all together.
d) Apply it with your fingers. But when you do, make sure that there aren't any "paint lines." So if you see finger-print lines on your face, just dab.

I CAN'T SAY THIS ENOUGH....THE MORE PRODUCT YOU USE, THE MORE IT WILL MELT OFF OR DRY OUT YOUR FACE!

6-TO FINISH: You can use a translucent powder to set it. With my skin, that can sometimes be a tad drying. So just use a tiny bit.

7-Then, if you want, try a setting spray. (I'M STILL IFFY ON THIS ONE...CAN'T TELL IF IT MAKES IT COME OFF EASIER Plus, those sprays make me break out.) ***I just started using "Infallible" by Loreal. You can also try the Urban Decay stuff, but I'm not a fan.

8-If you have combination skin/dry patches/breakouts, this is the way to wear it!

9-At night, use the Philosophy face wash to get it all off, followed by the night cream from Sephora.

10-On other days, I just moisturize and then put on the Estee Lauder Double Wear BB Cream.

This really is long-lasting. It's just important to figure out how to wear it!!!
Nicole A.
Baltimore
Review for: 2N1 Desert Beige - Neutral Undertone, Estée Lauder double wear foundation, Other more...
Where to begin with this one?  I don't hate it but I don't love it.  I had a hard time getting this to work for me and to perform consistently.  I have the same skin prep routine but tried different moisturizers, primers, and setting sprays and haven't found a great combination yet.  Sephora's website provides the following claims: Good for all skin types offering full coverage with a matte finish.  Here are my thoughts based on my experience with this product and their claims:

Shade: I am between shades 1N2 Ecru (pale ivory beige with neutral undertones) and 2N1 Desert Beige (light to medium beige with warm neutral undertones).  I did not want to spend the money on two foundations to mix so I bought 2N1 thinking I could add in my Cover FX Custom Cover Drops if necessary.  The shade was a decent shade match and works best for in the summer when I have more color.  I did find that this is difficult to match.

Coverage: This is definitely full coverage.  Is it the fullest coverage I have tried? No - but it is probably in the top 3.  I found myself having to sheer it out with a moisturizer as it was just to full for me.  I played with different application methods and definitely prefer a damp beauty blender with this one.  It takes away a bit of the coverage but leaves a much nicer finish and more flawless application.  When using a brush, I found this applied to heavily and emphasized texture on the skin.  I also noticed that in areas where I tend to produce more oils, this ended up separating and looking pretty cakey (usually around my nose, between my eyes and on the apples of my cheeks).

Finish: This definitely has a matte finish but I found it to be a bit more natural and not super matte/tightening.  It has a very thin consistency.  This definitely dries down quickly and I found that other products were easy to blend on top of this.  My biggest complaint is that this settled into every crease and fine line.  I tried setting it with powder but that only left my face looking dry and cakey after a little while.  I tried using smoothing primers and soft focus/blurring primers and this did nothing.  I made sure to use water based products as well.  On the plus side, this transferred very little if I set using a powder and setting spray and does look very nice from a distance and in photos.  It also lasts all day IF you can keep it from settling and separating.

I will keep playing with this foundation and trying it with different products to see if I can get it to work.  It looks really nice when you first apply it and I love that it is a more natural matte finish and has lasting power.  I really enjoy the  Estée Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Makeup SPF 30 and wanted to give this a try for days where I need more coverage and lasting power.  At this time, I would not repurchase unless I can find a combination that works.
Dana S.
I'm in the cult!

There is a reason that Estee Lauder double wear foundation is a cult favorite, because this product does exactly what it says it will.  No marketing tricks here, just a great product!  To start, if you cannot find a color match with all the selections available you are just to picky, or you are picking the wrong foundation shade.  I find with some foundations, choose the color below and color above your desired foundation, mix them together equal parts and boom, there you have it, your color.  I was color matched by a excellent Estee Lauder makeup artist at a mall kiosk.  She glanced at the skin under my chin, poured me two samples (because I already had foundation on) and told me to try both.  Both samples were enough to wear a couple times to discover if this foundation was right for me or not.  I settled on the lighter of the two shades because I did find (like almost all foundations) it did oxidize and by the end of the day you are a shade darker.
The packaging was simple and sleek. The smell was not bothersome to me at all.  The foundation itself I find to be of medium consistency.  Not to liquid not to thick.  Shake that bottle up really well or you will end up with an inconsistent formula.  If you do not already know, this is a FULL coverage foundation.  No if and or butts, this stuff will cover up the darkest of circles, scars ect.  I usually pour out a quarter size or just a little bit more size of foundation for my whole face.  What I do like about the packaging is you can put product back into the bottle if you over estimate the amount you need.  While a pump applicator is clean and easier, I prefer not to waste of drop of this precious stuff.  Many a time I have over poured, or decided I wanted a lighter coverage and put some back.  I spread the foundation on my face, and down my chin and a little bit of my neck with a mask brush. I usually spread it on my entire face because it does not dry  up quickly.  I then use a damp beauty sponge and stipple the foundation into my face.  I do not use a primer because quite frankly I have not found one that either doesn't break me out, or doesn't control oil ect as it say it will.   If anyone has any recommendations on a primer that actually does what it says it will, without breaking you out, for someone with combination skin, please let me know. I am desperate to find a primer for I have large pores and I really want to fill them in and have a smooth matte look.
I love how this stuff dries into a flawless matte finish.   No glow here, just a blank canvas to work with for sculpting with bronzer, highlight and blush.  I use this on my eyelids as well for a great eye lid primer before I do my eye shadow.
The staying power of this stuff is AMAZING, they don't call it double wear for nothing.  Yes I still have oil break through depending on my diet. A simple blot of a tissue and poof, back to original application look. This stuff has got me through some LONG days and even at the end of the day I had to use a balm to remove it.
I have repurchased this product at least a dozen times.  No matter how many other foundations I try I always come back to this one.  It was my first high end foundation purchase, while not my last, still my favorite. They say a dupe for this is the Revlon color stay foundation, I have tried it, not even close, but will do in a pinch.  I find the Revlon has me oily within hours. I would consider using the BB creamof ELDW for a lighter look during summer time.  I may just do that right after I write this review....Ulta here is another paycheck of mine ;)
To summarize:  full coverage, matte finish, staying power awesome, price on the high end but well worth it.
Once you try it, you'll be hooked....
Analyssa B.
Orlando, Florida
Review for: 3N2 Wheat - Neutral Undertone more...
My all time favorite foundation and holy grail is this, Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup . People always ask what I am wearing and I proudly say "Estee Lauder." My journey to stumbling upon this, is the hype this product gets, however when Tati (famous YouTuber GlamLifeGuru) reviewed this foundation on her YouTube channel, I was sold! Just for a little back story of my skin type, my T-Zone is oily, all year, does not matter the season or weather; however the rest of my face changes from normal to dry with the seasons. As I live in Florida, it fluctuates from extremely hot and humid, to cold and windy. I wanted to give this a try as my skin has been adjusting lately, going from extremely oily, to oily combination, and in the winter drying down to a dry combination. When I am going to be out and about all day and don't really have time to put my makeup on, I can always count on this one to be my primer, and foundation; as its lasting power, or at least the wear I get is 15 hours! Only recently, has it been separating in the crease of my nose, and maybe around my lips, and that is after about 12 hours of wear with no other touch up (again, it’s summer here and it is HOT.) I do have fine lines underneath my eyes, and a bit of a smile line, nothing too major, but this fills and smoothed my face like a dream, and paves the way for a flawless concealer application. Also, I would like to add that I would appreciate if this product came with a pump, I just don't like that I have to pay additional $10 to keep my product sanitary.
Rhonda M.
Review for: 3C2 Pebble - Cool/Rosy Undertone more...
My best friend works a Christmas and Spring show every year at a local arena. There is a booth next to hers that had Estée Lauder makeup of all kinds. She began trading her trinkets for makeup and made a friendship and bond with the representative with Estée Lauder. Throughout the years they have became really good friends. My friend was gifted every year bottles of Estée Lauder foundation and other products. She gifted me my first bottle of Estée Lauder double wear about three years ago. Since the shade was already picked out for me I was a little unsure if it would be a good shade for me or not. It has been great. I received about 4 ounces in a “ not for resale “ plastic bottle. This stuff is amazing people. I didn’t know how amazing it was until I ran out of my Clinique makeup and started using it. First of all it is full coverage. Beautiful full coverage. You only have to apply one application you don’t have to build it up or work beyond the first layer. It is rich formula without being heavy. It last on me about twelve to fourteen hours. I have combination skin. I do not use a primer underneath I only use moisturizer only. It is truly a stay in place makeup. It’s flawless wearing and natural matte formula. It unifies my uneven skin tone. It covers imperfections. It is oil free. It controls shine. The claims on their makeup says it’s non-allergic , won’t clog pores, waterproof, won’t run, rub off or smudge. It also states that it lasts during hot and humid weather. I would have to say I agree to all of these claims. I absolutely love this foundation.
Jennifer G.
United States
Review for: 3N1 Ivory Beige - Neutral Undertone more...
I have combination skin at times my t-zone can be quite oily while my cheeks and chin lean towards the dry almost flaky side. I tend to use some lotion on my face such as the Embryolisse lait creme concentre from beautylish then use Dr. brandt pores no more refiner primer before I put on makeup. Usually with foundations I can never really find an exact match it's either too light/dark or it oxidizes after a few hours. I tried this foundation out in my local Dillard's just while I was browsing the makeup they carried. They used this neat scanner on my face to determine my shade and matched me with the 3N1 Ivory Beige- Neutral Undertone shade and it suited me perfectly. My face looked free of acne scars and my dark eye bags were almost non-existent. The foundation felt light on my face so it can be built up from medium to full coverage. I loved it but it was $42 for 1 oz. so I waited till a sale and bought this product online at Sephora's website for $36 after using a discount code. When I first got it I was so exited I opened it and it did have a noticeable chemical smell. The container isn't practical without a pump I have to use a tray to spill some foundation on it then use a sponge/brush to apply. Sometimes this can waste more of the product than I'd like to admit. I do like that it's water-proof and has some SPF 10 and even more being non-acnegenic. It claims to have a 15 hr staying powder and while I have yet to have it on my face for that long. It does stay on when I go to work which is about an 8 HR shift so for me it gets the job done.
Kristina N.
Thomaston, CT
Review for: 2N1 Desert Beige - Neutral Undertone more...
I’ve always heard great things about this foundation and have wanted to try it for a while. I just can’t believe I waited so long!
This foundation is amazing!! This provides the most beautiful natural looking finish while still providing excellent coverage without ever looking cakey. This foundation feels so lightweight I don’t even know that I’m wearing foundation. I applied with my MAKE UP FOR EVER Foundation Brush - Large - 108 and it applied so easily and did not leave any streaks what so ever.
It is medium to full coverage and it is easily buildable to create a more full coverage look. It is definitely a more matte/natural finish so I would recommend more for oily/combination skin or if you have dry skin just make sure to use a good moisturizer before applying.
This covers imperfections effortlessly, helps minimize the appearance of pores and does not settle into fine lines. This foundation is extremely long lasting. It does not oxidize and looks as it it was just applied hours and hours later. It also does not separate or transfer onto clothing etc.
The only thing that I do wish is that this came with a dispenser as I find it would be a lot easier to apply. I know that they do sell them for $10 but I think it should be included.
Overall this is now my all time favorite foundation. It is totally worth the $42. I definitely recommend this to everyone!
Audrey M.
NYC
Review for: 1N2 Ecru - Neutral Undertone, 5W1.5 Cinnamon - Warm/Golden Undertone more...
Estée Lauder is one of my Holy Grails. It's Long Wearing Matte &
Medium-Full Coverage. I love both this Foundation & Lancome Teint
Idole, not sure which Foundation I love more. They're both Matte &
long wearing, and almost Full Coverage (I have hyperpigmentation &
sadly some always peeks through regardless of Foundation claiming to be
Full Cover). Sadly right now I'm mixing 2w2 & 3w1 3w2 trying to make
a perfect Medium Yellow Tone. I only wish Estée Lauder came out with a
more Yellow Tone Foundation.
I also love Lancome Foundation which is
almost, almost identical to Estée Lauder, I used to use 320B Warm but it
was a tad too light but omg they made new shade 380 Bisque Warm &
it's the perfect color. Since I have to mix Estée Lauder Colors I might
just stick with Lancome since the new color matches my skin tone better.
Otherwise I love Estée Lauder. Estée Lauder Please come out with a new
Medium Yellow Tone Shade in between 2w2-3w1. 3w2 is too dark & 3w1
too Pink.
But I Recommend everyone to try Double Wear
Laura S.
Milwaukee, WI
Review for: 2W1 Dawn - Warm/Golden Undertone more...
I feel so conflicted about how I feel with this foundation.  I have oily skin, so I love that it has a great mattifying finish and I love that it stays put.
Unfortunately, no matter what I do, I always end up looking cakey and super oily.  The foundation also ends up creasing.  It's so disappointing because I love the finish of it and how it looks when I first apply it.  It also looks amazing in photos which makes me even more upset that this does not work for me.
I also dislike how this foundation emphasizes my pores or any tiny bumps that I have on my face, which is why I hesitate to wear this foundation when it's sunny out.  I also feel like this foundation kinda "dries" out of my face since it's mattifying.  It's terrible because I have combination skin so then my face looks cakey around my nose, and around my mouth and cheeks, it looks dry.
It's so disappointing because I really wanted to like this foundation and I expected more from it because of the brand and the price.  I'm still trying to figure out what I can do so I can wear it comfortably.  Until then, I don't think that I will be buying another bottle.
Itzel S.
laredo tx
Review for: Matte Oil Control Spf 15 05 Cool Pebble 5 Cool Pebble more...
I really love this foundation and it is the closest thing to perfect that I can find, which is why I see myself sticking to it for a long time to come. My skin is acne-prone and also very oily.

PROS-
Shade- a very good match to my fair, neutral skin (I use 1N1).

Coverage- a medium to full coverage. I find it covers my redness and acne/scarring quite well, but a little bit of redness does peek through.

Finish- definitely a matte foundation, although I find it isn't too much of a flat matte. If I don't set it, after about 15-30 minutes it becomes more of a soft matte.

Longevity- this foundation has the longest wear time that I have found on my very oily skin, about 7-9 hours of it looking quite good and me blotting once or twice. If I'm only wearing it for a few hours I've begun to not set my face w powder afterwards which is something unheard of w my skin.

CONS-
Formula- for me this is the biggest con. I find the liquid to be so thick and set so fast that it can be difficult to work with as it's more time consuming and feels heavier on the skin. It also cannot build on itself- I used to apply a little like concealer over any spots I had, but it would always set much darker than the rest of my face so I would end up having little orange splotches over the places I tried to cover. If you want full coverage you have to go in heavily w it cause once it sets, that's it. However I imagine this is the price one pays for a foundation with such good coverage and decent wear time.

Price- $46CAD is a lot for a foundation, however because you need so little to get the medium coverage I most often go for that to me it's worth it.

Longevity- as a con, my ideal foundation would last for about 12 hours, which this foundation simply cannot do on my oily skin. It just gets way too oily, begins to separate, and can sometimes pool into my pores so it looks like I have freckles of foundation.

Packaging- of course, cause no one likes that it doesn't come w a gd pump lol

OVERALL-
I had been on the hunt for a foundation that matched me well, did not break me out, and lasted a long time with my very oily skin for so damn long that for now ELDW is close enough. For now I am pleased with ELDW and very much recommend it to anyone w oily skin (altho my bff has very dry skin and it's her HG!)
Brittany H.
Southington, OH
Is this worth money and how much coverage is it?
Sarah A.
Chaska, MN
Does this foundation cover really good?
Brooke N.
Could this foundation make your face look dry for someone that has combination skin? Does this foundation look natural on the skin when you look up close?
Heather P.
Tallahassee, FL
Is this worth the price? does it come in fair?
Christina S.
Duluth
Is it just this one from Estee Lauder that you like/dislike or do you like their other ones? And If you dislike it what do you recommend?