BY ESTÉE LAUDER #4 in Liquid Foundation

24-hour staying power.

Flawless. Natural. Matte. Unifies uneven skintone, covers imperfections with buildable medium to full coverage.

Feels lightweight and so comfortable, you won’t believe it’s super long wear.

Oil-free. Controls shine.

Non-acnegenic: won't clog pores, which may help avert breakouts.

Waterproof. Won’t run, rub off or smudge.

Lasts in hot and humid weather.

Available in Cool, Neutral and Warm undertones.

Won’t look grey on deeper skintones.

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau; Cyclopentasiloxane; Trimethylsiloxysilicate; Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone; Butylene Glycol; Tribehenin; Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate; Magnesium Sulfate; Tocopheryl Acetate; Polymethylsilsesquioxane; Methicone; Laureth-7; Xanthan Gum; Alumina; Sodium Dehydroacetate; Disteardimonium Hectorite; Cellulose Gum; Propylene Carbonate; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Phenoxyethanol; [+/- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499); Mica; Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)] <ILN39010>

• What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the estee la...8 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 150 Answers
Adriana M.
Lawrence, KS
Review for: 2W1 Dawn - Warm/Golden Undertone more...
Okay. This made my face look cakey and accentuated my pores. I like a natural look, I like looking hydrated, not even necessarily dewy. I have normal to dry skin.

This was awful on me. I applied with a damp beauty blender, I tried brushes. No matter what I did, no matter what high end primer I used, it looked terribly fake and DRY. And it showed me huge pores I never even knew I had. But since the shade was pretty good on me, and my hg foundation hunt has been so unsuccessful, I was determined to make it work (and not have to show my face at Ulta with yet ANOTHER return)

So I tried something I had heard about but had no faith in, oil.
I prepped my face with my usual sunscreen and Becca First light primer. Got my off brand beauty blender fully damp and ready. I put a nickel size amount of foundation on the back of my hand, and mixed in about a drop and a half of squalane oil (from The ordinary) and mixed it together.

I applied it, working in sections around my face, and IT LOOKS 10x BETTER. No giant moon crater pores, no cake face, just natural looking healthy skin finish.

You can also use rose hip oil, or jojoba oil, and you can really control the glow level this way. If you wanted like Rihanna level glow but don't want to be shimmery from a highlighter, this would do it.

TRY THIS TECHNIQUE. Changed my life, my search is over...until my next paycheck.

Kristina N.
Thomaston , CT
Review for: 2N1 Desert Beige - Neutral Undertone more...
I’ve always heard great things about this foundation and have wanted to try it for a while. I just can’t believe I waited so long!
This foundation is amazing!! This provides the most beautiful natural looking finish while still providing excellent coverage without ever looking cakey. This foundation feels so lightweight I don’t even know that I’m wearing foundation. I applied with my MAKE UP FOR EVER Foundation Brush - Large - 108 and it applied so easily and did not leave any streaks what so ever.
It is medium to full coverage and it is easily buildable to create a more full coverage look. It is definitely a more matte/natural finish so I would recommend more for oily/combination skin or if you have dry skin just make sure to use a good moisturizer before applying.
This covers imperfections effortlessly, helps minimize the appearance of pores and does not settle into fine lines. This foundation is extremely long lasting. It does not oxidize and looks as it it was just applied hours and hours later. It also does not separate or transfer onto clothing etc.
The only thing that I do wish is that this came with a dispenser as I find it would be a lot easier to apply. I know that they do sell them for $10 but I think it should be included.
Overall this is now my all time favorite foundation. It is totally worth the $42. I definitely recommend this to everyone!
Jennifer L.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Other more...
I received a sample size of this foundation in a Birchbox a few months ago and was hesitant to try it. I have yellow undertones to my skin and very few foundation samples ever tend to match me dead-on. Additionally, I have combination skin that is INCREDIBLY oily in the T-zone, so I very rarely wear foundation anymore as it tends to be a fool's errand even with primer & powder. I gave this a try anyway (hey, I'd already paid for it) and was immediately floored by how exact the color was. I was also very impressed by how little I needed to get the amount of coverage I wanted (I have relatively clear, even skin and I hate feeling and looking like my make up is caked on). The true test came at the end of the first day I wore it--it not only held on, it stayed on my nose and forehead without getting streaky or weird. Furthermore, it didn't exaggerate the dry skin on my cheeks like many other matte formulas do. I used the small sample over a period of 4 months before I finally ran out and bought a full-sizes product. Absolutely worth the money. It's especially great on-stage when I'm performing, when that long-wear is really put to the test. Love this product and recommend it for people with oily or combo skin!
Anna C.
Review for: 1N2 Ecru - Neutral Undertone more...
I recommend that you go to your local Macy's or Nordstrom to get a sample of this foundation first, because once you do, this will quickly become your favorite foundation. I love that one of the brand's values is to provide a 10-day sample to anyone who asks because they greatly believe in the power of their product (now I sound like I'm trying to sell it to you, hahaha). This is one of the only liquid foundations that I have found to live up to its claims, where it truly does stay in place. I have exceptionally dry skin, and I find that if I prime with a moisturizing primer, such as  First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer , the make up stays on the face the entire day and doesn't dry me out like other foundations do. Because of my dry skin, I find that I don't need to set the foundation at all! It doesn't dry completely down to where it feels like natural skin, but it does dry to where it doesn't rub off of the face or leave a residue on your fingers. It dries semi-matte, so it looks like natural skin! It IS water-based and oil-free, so it won't do well with oil-based or silicone-based primers or cosmetic products, so keep that in mind.
Danielle D.
Kng Of Prussa, PA
Review for: 1N2 Ecru - Neutral Undertone more...
I am a Sephora employee so I am given a lot of foundations for free. I currently have about 11 from various brands but I tried this once and knew I had to buy it! I have very good skin but when I heard other people say they saw a blurring effect with foundations I never saw the same effect. Until I tried this! My skin looked so smooth and I heard it was very matte so I hydrated the heck out of my skin with a serum, moisturizer and hydrating primer and my skin had a beautiful glow without getting oily. Ecru was my perfect shade and I like to be a tad bit darker so when my sample was finished I ordered Desert Beige (we do not have it in my store to swatch) so hopefully that works out! Also I did apply with a brush first and then a sponge to get coverage but keep it from getting too heavy. If you’re thinking of getting this 10/10 you will not be disappointed. By far my favorite foundation I have tried so far in my two years at Sephora
Itzel S.
laredo tx
Review for: Matte Oil Control Spf 15 05 Cool Pebble 5 Cool Pebble more...
I really love this foundation and it is the closest thing to perfect that I can find, which is why I see myself sticking to it for a long time to come. My skin is acne-prone and also very oily.

PROS-
Shade- a very good match to my fair, neutral skin (I use 1N1).

Coverage- a medium to full coverage. I find it covers my redness and acne/scarring quite well, but a little bit of redness does peek through.

Finish- definitely a matte foundation, although I find it isn't too much of a flat matte. If I don't set it, after about 15-30 minutes it becomes more of a soft matte.

Longevity- this foundation has the longest wear time that I have found on my very oily skin, about 7-9 hours of it looking quite good and me blotting once or twice. If I'm only wearing it for a few hours I've begun to not set my face w powder afterwards which is something unheard of w my skin.

CONS-
Formula- for me this is the biggest con. I find the liquid to be so thick and set so fast that it can be difficult to work with as it's more time consuming and feels heavier on the skin. It also cannot build on itself- I used to apply a little like concealer over any spots I had, but it would always set much darker than the rest of my face so I would end up having little orange splotches over the places I tried to cover. If you want full coverage you have to go in heavily w it cause once it sets, that's it. However I imagine this is the price one pays for a foundation with such good coverage and decent wear time.

Price- $46CAD is a lot for a foundation, however because you need so little to get the medium coverage I most often go for that to me it's worth it.

Longevity- as a con, my ideal foundation would last for about 12 hours, which this foundation simply cannot do on my oily skin. It just gets way too oily, begins to separate, and can sometimes pool into my pores so it looks like I have freckles of foundation.

Packaging- of course, cause no one likes that it doesn't come w a gd pump lol

OVERALL-
I had been on the hunt for a foundation that matched me well, did not break me out, and lasted a long time with my very oily skin for so damn long that for now ELDW is close enough. For now I am pleased with ELDW and very much recommend it to anyone w oily skin (altho my bff has very dry skin and it's her HG!)
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Estée Lauder NEW SHADES Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup more...
I heard so many rave reviews about this foundation, but could never bring myself to pull the trigger due to the high price tag. Here's the thing: I'm an oily girl, and I love a good full coverage, matte foundation. This sounded like it hit all my bases, so I took a deep breath and purchased my first bottle...and it was love at first application.

This foundation is no joke. The packaging is luxurious, though I DO wish it came with a pump. The foundation itself is a thicker formula, but it blends out over the skin beautifully with a damp beauty sponge. This is a medium-full coverage foundation, leaning more towards the full coverage side of that scale. The finish is matte, which I love, and this stuff truly does cover any discoloration or imperfections that I may be experiencing.

Double Wear truly does Stay-In-Place, all day long. I set it with powder and setting spray, and I don't have to worry about my makeup until I remove it at night, and like I said, I'm an oily girl...so color me impressed. This foundation is a definite splurge, but it remains my holy grail foundation. You can't beat the staying power and the coverage. Estee Lauder, bravo.
Sophie G.
Madison, WI
Review for: 3N1 Ivory Beige more...
Before trying this foundation I had been using the  Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation SPF 15 (which I also recommend, however Double Wear is better) and had not switched to another brand in five years. This past summer I started breaking out like crazy and couldn't figure out the cause, so I decided to switch up my skincare products. I tried a number of foundations, including the  Clinique Superbalanced™ Makeup Liquid Foundation (which I despised because it was so dewy that it made every bump and pore appear 5x larger and also gave more light-medium coverage when I needed full) and the  tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 (which I liked, however the coverage was still not where I wanted it to be--definitely medium--and it ended up making my breakouts worse as well). I have no idea why I was sleeping on the  Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup because OH MY GOSH it is amazing! I love semi-matte foundations that are super full coverage and this is it. By the time I started using this my skin was almost clear, however I had a lot of scarring left over. Double Wear completely covers it and it wears so pretty on the skin, my pores and couple of smaller, fading breakouts are barely noticeable. The formula is also FABULOUS! I was so surprised to find it to be so full coverage because the consistency is super lightweight. It barely feels like you have anything on. It also definitely stays in place. I have worn it from 7 am to 11 pm without a primer, needing not much more than a mid day blotting for the smallest bit of oil that came through (I set my makeup with  bareMinerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder . Also, and I know this is bad to do especially having acne-prone skin, I have slept in this makeup before. With this I have had two experiences: either it doesn't budge and looks pretty perfect in the morning, or it comes off super patchy and looks like a spray tan rubbing off (my face is a lot lighter than the rest of my body from tanning and spray tanning, so it looks especially strange when it rubs off). So I know this is a super long-winded review, but I really, really believe in this product and I don't think I will ever switch from this foundation in the future! Great for sensitive skin and people who love a lot of coverage and length of wear!
Theresa M.
Review for: 2C3 Fresco - Cool/Rosy Undertone more...
I rarely write any reviews with low ratings. I wore double wear foundation for many years until I began to have breakouts and the foundation wasn't the same as it had been.
Maybe it was MY skin that changed I don't know. This stuff used to be liquid gold to me the finish was consistently natural and beautiful. I have tried this foundation on 2 separate occasions in the hopes that I would get those results I used to but nope.
I recently tried the shade Fresco and while the coverage was wonderful it just lacked that dewy beautiful finish. Instead it felt difficult to apply it was almost too thick.. and it was not easy to blend with a beauty sponge of all things!!
I tried using a foundation brush and that resulted in  a streaky and patchy finish! Finally just a morphe 449 brush and patience got the job done.
I don't want to entirely give up on this foundation but at this point I am concluding that it just doesn't work for me any longer and I need to stick with what does. The formula is absolutely long wearing and  comes in a variety of shades.
It won't rub off on clothing, has a good fragrance, it stays put and feels light on the skin all day. You can even get yourself matched at some Ulta stores with the imatch shade finder.
Maggie B.
San Diego
Review for: 1W1 Bone more...
!!!VISIT MY PROFILE FOR SHADE MATCHES!!!

I am in the shade bone (1w1) but sometimes (1w2)
BEST BRIDAL MAKEUP. NOT FOR TEXTURED SKIN. BE PATIENT WITH WORKING WITH THIS FOUNDATION. read on..

EVRYONE IS RIGHT! this is amazing! I never thought of buying this foundation because its is "heavy" and too full coverage based on reviews. besides that everyone says ofcourse this is flawless awesome longevity...me personally I don't like a full on heavy thick coverage because I like my face to breathe through out the day.
But what made me buy it because I was looking online for a bridal foundation. Everyone recommended this. they were saying this is the ultimate bridal makeup.

I spent almost a month watching and reading reviews. there were mixed reviews but of course I settled with buying it!

JUST FOR EXTRA INFORMATION. personally this foundations is not heavy in feeling. it is so lightweight I get surprised throughout the day! but fair warning, I don't recommend this for skin with too much texture. because it can settle in pores. as I said, you have to be patient and have to have extra time when applying this foundation. It dries quickly and can be hard to move around. but again if you have patience and take time to work with this foundation, it is worth it!

Brittany H.
Southington, OH
Is this worth money and how much coverage is it?
Sarah A.
Chaska, MN
Does this foundation cover really good?
Brooke N.
Could this foundation make your face look dry for someone that has combination skin? Does this foundation look natural on the skin when you look up close?
Heather P.
Tallahassee, FL
Is this worth the price? does it come in fair?
Christina S.
Duluth, GA
Is it just this one from Estee Lauder that you like/dislike or do you like their other ones? And If you dislike it what do you recommend?