BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

24-hour staying power.

Flawless. Natural. Matte. Unifies uneven skintone, covers imperfections with buildable medium to full coverage.

Feels lightweight and so comfortable, you won’t believe it’s super long wear.

Oil-free.

Non-acnegenic: won't clog pores, which may help avert breakouts.

Waterproof. Transfer resistant.

Lasts in hot and humid weather.

Available in Cool, Neutral and Warm undertones.

Won’t look grey on deeper skintones.

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau; Cyclopentasiloxane; Trimethylsiloxysilicate; Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone; Butylene Glycol; Tribehenin; Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate; Magnesium Sulfate; Tocopheryl Acetate; Polymethylsilsesquioxane; Methicone; Laureth-7; Xanthan Gum; Alumina; Sodium Dehydroacetate; Disteardimonium Hectorite; Cellulose Gum; Propylene Carbonate; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Phenoxyethanol; [+/- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499); Mica; Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)] <ILN39010>

• What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the ...11 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 162 Answers
  • Do you prefer matte or dewy foundation? LIKE for matte C...12 Answers
Izzy G.
BLOOMINGTON, CA
Purchased at: Macy's
Review for: 2N2 Buff - Neutral Undertone more...
I have mixed emotions about this foundation! Definitely not a sheer foundation, Estee Double Wear provides full coverage with a lot of pigmentation. Extremely long wear formula. I would dare say water/ sweat proof too . Unlike many other foundations that have to be built up; one pump will go a LONG way.
This foundation oxidizes , so after getting color matched make sure to wait 5-10mins before deciding it’s the color for you & making that purchase.
I am the only person that I know of having this issue, but I also think there is an ingredient in Double wear causing me to have a slight allergic reaction. Every time I wear it; my skin becomes casually itchy, and stays itchy until makeup removal. But it causes no other irritation to my skin.
Since this is a matte formula, my main concern / problem is that it clings to my smile lines. I moisturize properly so it shouldn’t be an issue, but through my day I notice my smile lines start to crease . I also notice breakage around my nose. So I would suggest the foundation but get yourself a good concealer & moisturizer of you want to look good!
Britta F.
Sanbornton, NH
Purchased at: Macy's
This used to be my go to foundation and I plan on picking a new one up there are so many different shades for so many different skin types and tone this used to be my go to foundation and I plan on picking a new one up there are so many different shades for so many different skin tones that everyone can find their true match of the shade they need this is a true full coverage foundation and will last all day it even holds up in very humid weather. One thing I will say about this foundation is that it does drive down pretty quickly so applying it as quickly as possible is the best application in my personal opinion, then setting it with a setting powder the end product: you will get very lasting full coverage foundation on your face all day It does not transfer and will not budge it truly is one of those all-time favorite foundations for me and many others it works well on all different types of skin including all oily and dry it just depends on how you apply it and if you need setting powder to set the foundation in place if you have more of a dry skin type you may not need to set it with powder.
Amy D.
Gilbert, AZ
Purchased at: ULTA
First of all...WOW!!! I have been using Bare Minerlas Powder Foundation for years and years. But I have always had a problem around my nose. After about 4 to 5 hours (with powder and a setting spray) the makeup would always start to slip off my oily skin. So I went into Ulta ater reading MANY reclviews about this being a holy grail foundation for oily skin and bought this foundation in Fresco. I brought it home and immediately tried it the following day. It lasted about 8 hours without me having to reset it with powder and setting spray. I was AMAZED!!! This is my new holy grail foundation after all. Highly recommend to oily skin girls!!
Lina J.
Philadelphia, PA
Purchased at: Macy's
Best foundation hands down. This is my holy grail foundation and I keep going back to buy it over and over again. In the winter, it is a little drying so I mix it with a drop of facial oil and it makes my skin look fresh the whole day long. In the summer, I put it on without the oil and my face's natural oils mix in great with it to create a healthy glow at the end of the day. It never gets cakey on me. The key is that because it is so full coverage, a little goes a long way. Truly the best foundation of all time.
Dana S.
I'm in the cult!

There is a reason that Estee Lauder double wear foundation is a cult favorite, because this product does exactly what it says it will.  No marketing tricks here, just a great product!  To start, if you cannot find a color match with all the selections available you are just to picky, or you are picking the wrong foundation shade.  I find with some foundations, choose the color below and color above your desired foundation, mix them together equal parts and boom, there you have it, your color.  I was color matched by a excellent Estee Lauder makeup artist at a mall kiosk.  She glanced at the skin under my chin, poured me two samples (because I already had foundation on) and told me to try both.  Both samples were enough to wear a couple times to discover if this foundation was right for me or not.  I settled on the lighter of the two shades because I did find (like almost all foundations) it did oxidize and by the end of the day you are a shade darker.
The packaging was simple and sleek. The smell was not bothersome to me at all.  The foundation itself I find to be of medium consistency.  Not to liquid not to thick.  Shake that bottle up really well or you will end up with an inconsistent formula.  If you do not already know, this is a FULL coverage foundation.  No if and or butts, this stuff will cover up the darkest of circles, scars ect.  I usually pour out a quarter size or just a little bit more size of foundation for my whole face.  What I do like about the packaging is you can put product back into the bottle if you over estimate the amount you need.  While a pump applicator is clean and easier, I prefer not to waste of drop of this precious stuff.  Many a time I have over poured, or decided I wanted a lighter coverage and put some back.  I spread the foundation on my face, and down my chin and a little bit of my neck with a mask brush. I usually spread it on my entire face because it does not dry  up quickly.  I then use a damp beauty sponge and stipple the foundation into my face.  I do not use a primer because quite frankly I have not found one that either doesn't break me out, or doesn't control oil ect as it say it will.   If anyone has any recommendations on a primer that actually does what it says it will, without breaking you out, for someone with combination skin, please let me know. I am desperate to find a primer for I have large pores and I really want to fill them in and have a smooth matte look.
I love how this stuff dries into a flawless matte finish.   No glow here, just a blank canvas to work with for sculpting with bronzer, highlight and blush.  I use this on my eyelids as well for a great eye lid primer before I do my eye shadow.
The staying power of this stuff is AMAZING, they don't call it double wear for nothing.  Yes I still have oil break through depending on my diet. A simple blot of a tissue and poof, back to original application look. This stuff has got me through some LONG days and even at the end of the day I had to use a balm to remove it.
I have repurchased this product at least a dozen times.  No matter how many other foundations I try I always come back to this one.  It was my first high end foundation purchase, while not my last, still my favorite. They say a dupe for this is the Revlon color stay foundation, I have tried it, not even close, but will do in a pinch.  I find the Revlon has me oily within hours. I would consider using the BB creamof ELDW for a lighter look during summer time.  I may just do that right after I write this review....Ulta here is another paycheck of mine ;)
To summarize:  full coverage, matte finish, staying power awesome, price on the high end but well worth it.
Once you try it, you'll be hooked....
Marlie S.
jennings
For many years I tried many many foundations in hopes of finding something that would cover the scarring and redness on my face. I had friends tell me about double wear but was skeptical because of the price. I finally decided to give it a try and boy am I happy I did! A little goes a long way and it covers so nicely. It’s all buildable and that comes in handy on bad skin days. The only thing I have found that’s not so great is how it covers over dry patches but that’s easily fixed with moisturizer and primer! Love this stuff and so thankful for it!
Kristina N.
Thomaston, CT
I’ve always heard great things about this foundation and have wanted to try it for a while. I just can’t believe I waited so long!
This foundation is amazing!! This provides the most beautiful natural looking finish while still providing excellent coverage without ever looking cakey. This foundation feels so lightweight I don’t even know that I’m wearing foundation. I applied with my MAKE UP FOR EVER 108 Large Foundation Brush and it applied so easily and did not leave any streaks what so ever.
It is medium to full coverage and it is easily buildable to create a more full coverage look. It is definitely a more matte/natural finish so I would recommend more for oily/combination skin or if you have dry skin just make sure to use a good moisturizer before applying.
This covers imperfections effortlessly, helps minimize the appearance of pores and does not settle into fine lines. This foundation is extremely long lasting. It does not oxidize and looks as it it was just applied hours and hours later. It also does not separate or transfer onto clothing etc.
The only thing that I do wish is that this came with a dispenser as I find it would be a lot easier to apply. I know that they do sell them for $10 but I think it should be included.
Overall this is now my all time favorite foundation. It is totally worth the $42. I definitely recommend this to everyone!
Erica M.
Lebanon Jct, KY
Literally the ONE and ONLY foundation I keep finding myself coming back to! I've been using this off and on for about 5-6 years(?) I always like trying new things when it comes to makeup, but I keep coming back to this! I've tried MAC, Born This Way, Nars, and recently almost bought Makeup Forever, but just restocked with this! It's a full coverage, beautiful, matte finish, great for oily, acne prone skin and stays PUT! I have zero negative things to say about this and I don't think many people that have tried it think so either!
Heather H.
Massillon, OH
Purchased at: Macy's
I would give this foundation 10 stars if I could. This foundation is magic in a bottle. Keeps in place all day and if I’m bad it can go even into the next day still looking good haha. I have oily skin and have tried soooo many foundations and haven’t found one to beat this. I keep coming back to my tried and true. Not to heavy and is full coverage and sinks into my skin making it look flawless. I can’t say enough good things about this! Absolute hands down holy grail.Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup
NiKkI L.
Tucson, AZ
This stuff is “the bomb”. Yes, an old saying haha. Anyhow you get full coverage that is matte. Matte seems to be all the rage now, of course I understand that nobody wants an oily face! The downside in this is that you have to work quickly in application because it sets in a blink of an eye. It’s around $42 a bottle which is another downside. I love the stuff but the price is just kinda high. Of course a little goes a long way. Findation.com helped me to find the perfect shade for me which is 1n1.
Brittany H.
Southington, OH
Is this worth money and how much coverage is it?
Sarah A.
Chaska, MN
Does this foundation cover really good?
Brooke N.
Could this foundation make your face look dry for someone that has combination skin? Does this foundation look natural on the skin when you look up close?
Heather P.
Tallahassee, FL
Is this worth the price? does it come in fair?
Christina S.
Duluth, GA
Is it just this one from Estee Lauder that you like/dislike or do you like their other ones? And If you dislike it what do you recommend?

Sephora