BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

24-hour staying power.

Flawless. Natural. Matte. Unifies uneven skintone, covers imperfections with buildable medium to full coverage.

Feels lightweight and so comfortable, you won’t believe it’s super long wear.

Oil-free.

Non-acnegenic: won't clog pores, which may help avert breakouts.

Waterproof. Transfer resistant.

Lasts in hot and humid weather.

Available in Cool, Neutral and Warm undertones.

Won’t look grey on deeper skintones.

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau; Cyclopentasiloxane; Trimethylsiloxysilicate; Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone; Butylene Glycol; Tribehenin; Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate; Magnesium Sulfate; Tocopheryl Acetate; Polymethylsilsesquioxane; Methicone; Laureth-7; Xanthan Gum; Alumina; Sodium Dehydroacetate; Disteardimonium Hectorite; Cellulose Gum; Propylene Carbonate; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Phenoxyethanol; [+/- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499); Mica; Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)] <ILN39010>

• What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the ...11 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 162 Answers
  • Do you prefer matte or dewy foundation? LIKE for matte C...13 Answers
Chris T.
Review for: 2W2 Rattan - Warm/Golden Undertone more...
This was my holy grail foundation for over 20 years.  Tried and true and never even thought to try anything else.  Go to the EL container in the mall and asked to be color matched using the EL foundation machine.  This machine is excellent in getting the right color.  There are alot of color ranges.

This is a medium coverage that is buildable to full coverage.  When I was younger, I applied this with my fingers.  But as I have gotten older, I prefer to use a wet sponge.  Sometimes I will stipple this foundation with a brush and then smooth it out with a wet sponge.  The foundation will look streaky with a brush.

This foundation stays tacky on me and since I am more on the oily side, must set this foundation to get it to say all day.  Once set, will stay in place all day.

When I turned 40, my skin changed and this settled into my pores on my cheeks.  I then went on a hunt to find another foundation.  After 2 years of trying all kinds of brands from drugstore to highend, I am back to Estee Lauder double wear.  This foundation is no fuss and you can go the entire day without touching up.

I wanted more coverage, so I do blend this with the maximum coverage version to cover my hyper pigmentation.

For the pores, I have a routine to get this foundation to work:

EL Pore toner
EL Idealist pore minimizer skin refiner
EL Revitalizing Supreme moisturizer
EL Primer
EL DW foudnation
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores pressed powder

It is alot of products, but this is how I minimize my pores.  I am happy and can call this my holy grail foundation once again.  But I am still on the hunt for a better foundation...

Luana A.
DEERFIELD BEACH
MY HG! Perfect for my oily and textured skin. I have huge pores, red spots around my nose, cheeks, chin and forehead and build up oil like crazy... I put this on around 8 am and take it off around 10pm - the oil control is amazing. I have tried other foundations but I always come back to this one. I use it with Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer..
It hides most of my skin's imperfections.
EDIT: i put up another pic so you can see my face BEFORE foundation...so you can see how this foundation works! Lol (plus my tarte shapetape concealer under my bags)
Kylie N.
Hartford
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: 2W0 Warm Vanilla - Warm/Golden Undertone more...
I’ve always been one to purchase drugstore foundations and make the best out of them, although after hearing so many bloggers swear by this luxury brand I had to give it a try. The EL representatives at my local mall color matched me and even provided me with samples of the TWO most likely shades to complement my skin tone the best. I only had to wear each shade once to decide to splurge on this foundation. On my 13 hour days on campus for college classes this foundation does not melt, transfer to my clothes, streak, or cake. This foundation is TRULY matte and does not let any oil seep through. Additionally, I don’t get any oily residue on the bridge of my glasses from foundation as I have experienced with every other liquid foundation I’ve used. This is a breakthrough in makeup and skincare and is worth every penny and more.
Liz H.
San Diego, CA
Review for: 2W2 Rattan - Warm/Golden Undertone more...
I've been looking for a long wearing and high quality foundation that will work for my oily skin. I decided to check this foundation out because I've heard so many great things about it. First, the  color range for this foundation is amazing! I love that it is matte, natural, easily blends into my skin. It's buildable from medium to full coverage. It's very light weight and comfortable on my face. I use it with a sponge instead of a brush to make it look flawless on my face. It does cling on to dry patches so beware of that. Overall, this is a beautiful foundation that works for my skin type. I think it works well for events and parties, but for an everyday foundation, I rather go for my all time favorite drugstore foundation.
Vanessa M.
Atlantis
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 4N2 Spiced Sand - Neutral Undertone more...
I have combo to oily skin and this is the only foundation that I trust for special occasion. I did my own hair and makeup for my wedding reception and this was the one that I choose to wear, it photograph beautifully and my skin looked flawless all day!

Here are some face base products that I use for shade reference:
- L'Oreal Paris Up To 24HR Fresh Wear Foundation in Golden Sun
- Estée Lauder double wear in 4N2 spiced sand
- MAC NC42
Meagan K.
Houston
Review for: 1N1 Ivory Nude - Neutral Undertone, 1W2 Sand - Warm/Golden Undertone more...
This is, by far, the best foundation I have ever used. I never really wore foundation until college when I started to struggle with acne. This foundation provides excellent coverage without caking onto breakouts. It’s provides an even, matte complexion. It also stays on all day. I live in a very humid climate and struggle with finding makeup that won’t smear or blotch on humid mornings. I have finally found one! This makeup rocks. It does feel heavy when you first put it on, however, once it dries it’s easy to forget it’s there. It’s provides medium to heavy coverage depending on how many layers you put on. Love love love it.
Gayatri B.
East Stroudsburg, PA
Review for: Other more...
I wear 4N3 Maple sugar. I currently pay $42 for this product and while it's expensive. It's worth the bucks spent on it.

This foundation is great for people with oily skin. It applys wet and drys matte. This is also the first foundation that I found to match my skin tone perfectly. Many foundations don't make a lot of shades for us "Coloured".

This foundation gives great coverage with just little product. However it's a bit hard to blend once the product is dry, but I recommend to everyone. Else those who suffer from acne scars. This does help with lighting the scars pigmentation (at least I found so)

Also a plus! It gives you a more natural look 🤩
Emma G.
Atlanta, GA
Review for: 2C3 Fresco - Cool/Rosy Undertone more...
You know those days where your skin just isn’t working for you and all you really need is a hug from your foundation? This is my go-to on those days. This foundation will not only cover-up anything, it will also last through the battlefield of even the most aggressive night out. Not to mention it doesn’t upset my super sensitive skin.

I use a damp beauty blender for application (yeah I had to specify damp bc I was that girl using it dry and wondering what the heck the hype was about). Also, I highly recommend going into a Estée Lauder counter to get color matched.

#Alissa’sChoice
Dana S.
I'm in the cult!

There is a reason that Estee Lauder double wear foundation is a cult favorite, because this product does exactly what it says it will.  No marketing tricks here, just a great product!  To start, if you cannot find a color match with all the selections available you are just to picky, or you are picking the wrong foundation shade.  I find with some foundations, choose the color below and color above your desired foundation, mix them together equal parts and boom, there you have it, your color.  I was color matched by a excellent Estee Lauder makeup artist at a mall kiosk.  She glanced at the skin under my chin, poured me two samples (because I already had foundation on) and told me to try both.  Both samples were enough to wear a couple times to discover if this foundation was right for me or not.  I settled on the lighter of the two shades because I did find (like almost all foundations) it did oxidize and by the end of the day you are a shade darker.
The packaging was simple and sleek. The smell was not bothersome to me at all.  The foundation itself I find to be of medium consistency.  Not to liquid not to thick.  Shake that bottle up really well or you will end up with an inconsistent formula.  If you do not already know, this is a FULL coverage foundation.  No if and or butts, this stuff will cover up the darkest of circles, scars ect.  I usually pour out a quarter size or just a little bit more size of foundation for my whole face.  What I do like about the packaging is you can put product back into the bottle if you over estimate the amount you need.  While a pump applicator is clean and easier, I prefer not to waste of drop of this precious stuff.  Many a time I have over poured, or decided I wanted a lighter coverage and put some back.  I spread the foundation on my face, and down my chin and a little bit of my neck with a mask brush. I usually spread it on my entire face because it does not dry  up quickly.  I then use a damp beauty sponge and stipple the foundation into my face.  I do not use a primer because quite frankly I have not found one that either doesn't break me out, or doesn't control oil ect as it say it will.   If anyone has any recommendations on a primer that actually does what it says it will, without breaking you out, for someone with combination skin, please let me know. I am desperate to find a primer for I have large pores and I really want to fill them in and have a smooth matte look.
I love how this stuff dries into a flawless matte finish.   No glow here, just a blank canvas to work with for sculpting with bronzer, highlight and blush.  I use this on my eyelids as well for a great eye lid primer before I do my eye shadow.
The staying power of this stuff is AMAZING, they don't call it double wear for nothing.  Yes I still have oil break through depending on my diet. A simple blot of a tissue and poof, back to original application look. This stuff has got me through some LONG days and even at the end of the day I had to use a balm to remove it.
I have repurchased this product at least a dozen times.  No matter how many other foundations I try I always come back to this one.  It was my first high end foundation purchase, while not my last, still my favorite. They say a dupe for this is the Revlon color stay foundation, I have tried it, not even close, but will do in a pinch.  I find the Revlon has me oily within hours. I would consider using the BB creamof ELDW for a lighter look during summer time.  I may just do that right after I write this review....Ulta here is another paycheck of mine ;)
To summarize:  full coverage, matte finish, staying power awesome, price on the high end but well worth it.
Once you try it, you'll be hooked....
Kristina N.
Thomaston, CT
I’ve always heard great things about this foundation and have wanted to try it for a while. I just can’t believe I waited so long!
This foundation is amazing!! This provides the most beautiful natural looking finish while still providing excellent coverage without ever looking cakey. This foundation feels so lightweight I don’t even know that I’m wearing foundation. I applied with my MAKE UP FOR EVER 108 Large Foundation Brush and it applied so easily and did not leave any streaks what so ever.
It is medium to full coverage and it is easily buildable to create a more full coverage look. It is definitely a more matte/natural finish so I would recommend more for oily/combination skin or if you have dry skin just make sure to use a good moisturizer before applying.
This covers imperfections effortlessly, helps minimize the appearance of pores and does not settle into fine lines. This foundation is extremely long lasting. It does not oxidize and looks as it it was just applied hours and hours later. It also does not separate or transfer onto clothing etc.
The only thing that I do wish is that this came with a dispenser as I find it would be a lot easier to apply. I know that they do sell them for $10 but I think it should be included.
Overall this is now my all time favorite foundation. It is totally worth the $42. I definitely recommend this to everyone!
Brittany H.
Southington, OH
Is this worth money and how much coverage is it?
Sarah A.
Chaska, MN
Does this foundation cover really good?
Brooke N.
Could this foundation make your face look dry for someone that has combination skin? Does this foundation look natural on the skin when you look up close?
Heather P.
Tallahassee, FL
Is this worth the price? does it come in fair?
Christina S.
Duluth, GA
Is it just this one from Estee Lauder that you like/dislike or do you like their other ones? And If you dislike it what do you recommend?

Sephora