BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

24-hour staying power.

Flawless. Natural. Matte. Unifies uneven skintone, covers imperfections with buildable medium to full coverage.

Feels lightweight and so comfortable, you won’t believe it’s super long wear.

Oil-free.

Non-acnegenic: won't clog pores, which may help avert breakouts.

Waterproof. Transfer resistant.

Lasts in hot and humid weather.

Available in Cool, Neutral and Warm undertones.

Won’t look grey on deeper skintones.

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau; Cyclopentasiloxane; Trimethylsiloxysilicate; Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone; Butylene Glycol; Tribehenin; Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate; Magnesium Sulfate; Tocopheryl Acetate; Polymethylsilsesquioxane; Methicone; Laureth-7; Xanthan Gum; Alumina; Sodium Dehydroacetate; Disteardimonium Hectorite; Cellulose Gum; Propylene Carbonate; Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate; Phenoxyethanol; [+/- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499); Mica; Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)] <ILN39010>

• What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the ...11 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 160 Answers
  • Do you prefer matte or dewy foundation? LIKE for matte C...11 Answers
Media (1962)
Rhonda M.
Review for: 3C2 Pebble - Cool/Rosy Undertone more...
My best friend works a Christmas and Spring show every year at a local arena. There is a booth next to hers that had Estée Lauder makeup of all kinds. She began trading her trinkets for makeup and made a friendship and bond with the representative with Estée Lauder. Throughout the years they have became really good friends. My friend was gifted every year bottles of Estée Lauder foundation and other products. She gifted me my first bottle of Estée Lauder double wear about three years ago. Since the shade was already picked out for me I was a little unsure if it would be a good shade for me or not. It has been great. I received about 4 ounces in a “ not for resale “ plastic bottle. This stuff is amazing people. I didn’t know how amazing it was until I ran out of my Clinique makeup and started using it. First of all it is full coverage. Beautiful full coverage. You only have to apply one application you don’t have to build it up or work beyond the first layer. It is rich formula without being heavy. It last on me about twelve to fourteen hours. I have combination skin. I do not use a primer underneath I only use moisturizer only. It is truly a stay in place makeup. It’s flawless wearing and natural matte formula. It unifies my uneven skin tone. It covers imperfections. It is oil free. It controls shine. The claims on their makeup says it’s non-allergic , won’t clog pores, waterproof, won’t run, rub off or smudge. It also states that it lasts during hot and humid weather. I would have to say I agree to all of these claims. I absolutely love this foundation.
Dana S.
I'm in the cult!

There is a reason that Estee Lauder double wear foundation is a cult favorite, because this product does exactly what it says it will.  No marketing tricks here, just a great product!  To start, if you cannot find a color match with all the selections available you are just to picky, or you are picking the wrong foundation shade.  I find with some foundations, choose the color below and color above your desired foundation, mix them together equal parts and boom, there you have it, your color.  I was color matched by a excellent Estee Lauder makeup artist at a mall kiosk.  She glanced at the skin under my chin, poured me two samples (because I already had foundation on) and told me to try both.  Both samples were enough to wear a couple times to discover if this foundation was right for me or not.  I settled on the lighter of the two shades because I did find (like almost all foundations) it did oxidize and by the end of the day you are a shade darker.
The packaging was simple and sleek. The smell was not bothersome to me at all.  The foundation itself I find to be of medium consistency.  Not to liquid not to thick.  Shake that bottle up really well or you will end up with an inconsistent formula.  If you do not already know, this is a FULL coverage foundation.  No if and or butts, this stuff will cover up the darkest of circles, scars ect.  I usually pour out a quarter size or just a little bit more size of foundation for my whole face.  What I do like about the packaging is you can put product back into the bottle if you over estimate the amount you need.  While a pump applicator is clean and easier, I prefer not to waste of drop of this precious stuff.  Many a time I have over poured, or decided I wanted a lighter coverage and put some back.  I spread the foundation on my face, and down my chin and a little bit of my neck with a mask brush. I usually spread it on my entire face because it does not dry  up quickly.  I then use a damp beauty sponge and stipple the foundation into my face.  I do not use a primer because quite frankly I have not found one that either doesn't break me out, or doesn't control oil ect as it say it will.   If anyone has any recommendations on a primer that actually does what it says it will, without breaking you out, for someone with combination skin, please let me know. I am desperate to find a primer for I have large pores and I really want to fill them in and have a smooth matte look.
I love how this stuff dries into a flawless matte finish.   No glow here, just a blank canvas to work with for sculpting with bronzer, highlight and blush.  I use this on my eyelids as well for a great eye lid primer before I do my eye shadow.
The staying power of this stuff is AMAZING, they don't call it double wear for nothing.  Yes I still have oil break through depending on my diet. A simple blot of a tissue and poof, back to original application look. This stuff has got me through some LONG days and even at the end of the day I had to use a balm to remove it.
I have repurchased this product at least a dozen times.  No matter how many other foundations I try I always come back to this one.  It was my first high end foundation purchase, while not my last, still my favorite. They say a dupe for this is the Revlon color stay foundation, I have tried it, not even close, but will do in a pinch.  I find the Revlon has me oily within hours. I would consider using the BB creamof ELDW for a lighter look during summer time.  I may just do that right after I write this review....Ulta here is another paycheck of mine ;)
To summarize:  full coverage, matte finish, staying power awesome, price on the high end but well worth it.
Once you try it, you'll be hooked....
Kristina N.
Thomaston, CT
Review for: 2N1 Desert Beige - Neutral Undertone more...
I’ve always heard great things about this foundation and have wanted to try it for a while. I just can’t believe I waited so long!
This foundation is amazing!! This provides the most beautiful natural looking finish while still providing excellent coverage without ever looking cakey. This foundation feels so lightweight I don’t even know that I’m wearing foundation. I applied with my MAKE UP FOR EVER 108 Large Foundation Brush and it applied so easily and did not leave any streaks what so ever.
It is medium to full coverage and it is easily buildable to create a more full coverage look. It is definitely a more matte/natural finish so I would recommend more for oily/combination skin or if you have dry skin just make sure to use a good moisturizer before applying.
This covers imperfections effortlessly, helps minimize the appearance of pores and does not settle into fine lines. This foundation is extremely long lasting. It does not oxidize and looks as it it was just applied hours and hours later. It also does not separate or transfer onto clothing etc.
The only thing that I do wish is that this came with a dispenser as I find it would be a lot easier to apply. I know that they do sell them for $10 but I think it should be included.
Overall this is now my all time favorite foundation. It is totally worth the $42. I definitely recommend this to everyone!
Analyssa B.
Review for: 3N2 Wheat - Neutral Undertone more...
My all time favorite foundation and holy grail is this, Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup . People always ask what I am wearing and I proudly say "Estee Lauder." My journey to stumbling upon this, is the hype this product gets, however when Tati (famous YouTuber GlamLifeGuru) reviewed this foundation on her YouTube channel, I was sold! Just for a little back story of my skin type, my T-Zone is oily, all year, does not matter the season or weather; however the rest of my face changes from normal to dry with the seasons. As I live in Florida, it fluctuates from extremely hot and humid, to cold and windy. I wanted to give this a try as my skin has been adjusting lately, going from extremely oily, to oily combination, and in the winter drying down to a dry combination. When I am going to be out and about all day and don't really have time to put my makeup on, I can always count on this one to be my primer, and foundation; as its lasting power, or at least the wear I get is 15 hours! Only recently, has it been separating in the crease of my nose, and maybe around my lips, and that is after about 12 hours of wear with no other touch up (again, it’s summer here and it is HOT.) I do have fine lines underneath my eyes, and a bit of a smile line, nothing too major, but this fills and smoothed my face like a dream, and paves the way for a flawless concealer application. Also, I would like to add that I would appreciate if this product came with a pump, I just don't like that I have to pay additional $10 to keep my product sanitary.
Laura S.
Milwaukee, WI
Review for: 2W1 Dawn - Warm/Golden Undertone more...
I feel so conflicted about how I feel with this foundation.  I have oily skin, so I love that it has a great mattifying finish and I love that it stays put.
Unfortunately, no matter what I do, I always end up looking cakey and super oily.  The foundation also ends up creasing.  It's so disappointing because I love the finish of it and how it looks when I first apply it.  It also looks amazing in photos which makes me even more upset that this does not work for me.
I also dislike how this foundation emphasizes my pores or any tiny bumps that I have on my face, which is why I hesitate to wear this foundation when it's sunny out.  I also feel like this foundation kinda "dries" out of my face since it's mattifying.  It's terrible because I have combination skin so then my face looks cakey around my nose, and around my mouth and cheeks, it looks dry.
It's so disappointing because I really wanted to like this foundation and I expected more from it because of the brand and the price.  I'm still trying to figure out what I can do so I can wear it comfortably.  Until then, I don't think that I will be buying another bottle.
Itzel S.
laredo tx
Review for: Matte Oil Control Spf 15 05 Cool Pebble 5 Cool Pebble more...
I really love this foundation and it is the closest thing to perfect that I can find, which is why I see myself sticking to it for a long time to come. My skin is acne-prone and also very oily.

PROS-
Shade- a very good match to my fair, neutral skin (I use 1N1).

Coverage- a medium to full coverage. I find it covers my redness and acne/scarring quite well, but a little bit of redness does peek through.

Finish- definitely a matte foundation, although I find it isn't too much of a flat matte. If I don't set it, after about 15-30 minutes it becomes more of a soft matte.

Longevity- this foundation has the longest wear time that I have found on my very oily skin, about 7-9 hours of it looking quite good and me blotting once or twice. If I'm only wearing it for a few hours I've begun to not set my face w powder afterwards which is something unheard of w my skin.

CONS-
Formula- for me this is the biggest con. I find the liquid to be so thick and set so fast that it can be difficult to work with as it's more time consuming and feels heavier on the skin. It also cannot build on itself- I used to apply a little like concealer over any spots I had, but it would always set much darker than the rest of my face so I would end up having little orange splotches over the places I tried to cover. If you want full coverage you have to go in heavily w it cause once it sets, that's it. However I imagine this is the price one pays for a foundation with such good coverage and decent wear time.

Price- $46CAD is a lot for a foundation, however because you need so little to get the medium coverage I most often go for that to me it's worth it.

Longevity- as a con, my ideal foundation would last for about 12 hours, which this foundation simply cannot do on my oily skin. It just gets way too oily, begins to separate, and can sometimes pool into my pores so it looks like I have freckles of foundation.

Packaging- of course, cause no one likes that it doesn't come w a gd pump lol

OVERALL-
I had been on the hunt for a foundation that matched me well, did not break me out, and lasted a long time with my very oily skin for so damn long that for now ELDW is close enough. For now I am pleased with ELDW and very much recommend it to anyone w oily skin (altho my bff has very dry skin and it's her HG!)
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Estée Lauder NEW SHADES Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup more...
I heard so many rave reviews about this foundation, but could never bring myself to pull the trigger due to the high price tag. Here's the thing: I'm an oily girl, and I love a good full coverage, matte foundation. This sounded like it hit all my bases, so I took a deep breath and purchased my first bottle...and it was love at first application.

This foundation is no joke. The packaging is luxurious, though I DO wish it came with a pump. The foundation itself is a thicker formula, but it blends out over the skin beautifully with a damp beauty sponge. This is a medium-full coverage foundation, leaning more towards the full coverage side of that scale. The finish is matte, which I love, and this stuff truly does cover any discoloration or imperfections that I may be experiencing.

Double Wear truly does Stay-In-Place, all day long. I set it with powder and setting spray, and I don't have to worry about my makeup until I remove it at night, and like I said, I'm an oily girl...so color me impressed. This foundation is a definite splurge, but it remains my holy grail foundation. You can't beat the staying power and the coverage. Estee Lauder, bravo.
Felicity A.
Review for: 1N2 Ecru - Neutral Undertone more...
With oily, acne prone/scarred skin, I need a foundation that will
provide medium to full coverage, not look too overdone (if you're having
the notorious cakey problem that can come with this product try a damp
brush), blendable application, control my oil, will not oxidize, resist
transferring, and match my gold undertone (4W1 is lovely). After many
months of trying to tick all my foundation requirement boxes, I thought
the search was over when I stumbled upon this gem. Allow me to take a
moment to say how GORGEOUS this foundation wears throughout my 10+ hour
days while only needing to blot once. Never have I ever been so excited
to pass a reflective surface and give a content sigh thinking, 'Ah, just
as I applied you..'

So why 4 stars and not 5?
While I adore this foundation, I cannot wear it.

I
break out once a month and once a month only, in small unimpressive
blemishes. But when I was hit with a barrage of cystic acne after a week
of using DW, on my off cycle, and with no changes in my stress levels,
diet, or skincare, I couldn't continue.

Missing all the wonderful
things the foundation provided a month or so later I tried again, only
to have more cystic acne, but this time in only 3 days of wear, again
off cycle and no lifestyle changes.

I believe that the foundation
itself is just too heavy for my skin to manage. The beauty blender, a
flat top brush, a round buffing brush, and my fingers didn't change the
fact that the product had weight to it, I just didn't think it would
pose an issue.

It's disappointing that I not only had to return
my DW, but I'm still on the hunt for that perfect base. I'm excited to
see what Double Wear Light has to offer, as I'll be testing it this week
in shade Intensity 3.5.

I encourage everyone to give the mother
of all foundations a try at least once. The coverage, shade range and
hours and hours of wear time can't be beat. It works for a lot of people
with different skin types, tones, moisture levels and sensitivities.
Unfortunately, I just wasn't one of them.
Maggie B.
San Diego
Review for: 1W1 Bone more...
!!!VISIT MY PROFILE FOR SHADE MATCHES!!!

I am in the shade bone (1w1) but sometimes (1w2)
BEST BRIDAL MAKEUP. NOT FOR TEXTURED SKIN. BE PATIENT WITH WORKING WITH THIS FOUNDATION. read on..

EVRYONE IS RIGHT! this is amazing! I never thought of buying this foundation because its is "heavy" and too full coverage based on reviews. besides that everyone says ofcourse this is flawless awesome longevity...me personally I don't like a full on heavy thick coverage because I like my face to breathe through out the day.
But what made me buy it because I was looking online for a bridal foundation. Everyone recommended this. they were saying this is the ultimate bridal makeup.

I spent almost a month watching and reading reviews. there were mixed reviews but of course I settled with buying it!

JUST FOR EXTRA INFORMATION. personally this foundations is not heavy in feeling. it is so lightweight I get surprised throughout the day! but fair warning, I don't recommend this for skin with too much texture. because it can settle in pores. as I said, you have to be patient and have to have extra time when applying this foundation. It dries quickly and can be hard to move around. but again if you have patience and take time to work with this foundation, it is worth it!

Adriana M.
Lawrence, KS
Review for: 2W1 Dawn - Warm/Golden Undertone more...
Okay. This made my face look cakey and accentuated my pores. I like a natural look, I like looking hydrated, not even necessarily dewy. I have normal to dry skin.

This was awful on me. I applied with a damp beauty blender, I tried brushes. No matter what I did, no matter what high end primer I used, it looked terribly fake and DRY. And it showed me huge pores I never even knew I had. But since the shade was pretty good on me, and my hg foundation hunt has been so unsuccessful, I was determined to make it work (and not have to show my face at Ulta with yet ANOTHER return)

So I tried something I had heard about but had no faith in, oil.
I prepped my face with my usual sunscreen and Becca First light primer. Got my off brand beauty blender fully damp and ready. I put a nickel size amount of foundation on the back of my hand, and mixed in about a drop and a half of squalane oil (from The ordinary) and mixed it together.

I applied it, working in sections around my face, and IT LOOKS 10x BETTER. No giant moon crater pores, no cake face, just natural looking healthy skin finish.

You can also use rose hip oil, or jojoba oil, and you can really control the glow level this way. If you wanted like Rihanna level glow but don't want to be shimmery from a highlighter, this would do it.

TRY THIS TECHNIQUE. Changed my life, my search is over...until my next paycheck.

Brittany H.
Southington, OH
Is this worth money and how much coverage is it?
Sarah A.
Chaska, MN
Does this foundation cover really good?
Brooke N.
Could this foundation make your face look dry for someone that has combination skin? Does this foundation look natural on the skin when you look up close?
Heather P.
Tallahassee, FL
Is this worth the price? does it come in fair?
Christina S.
Duluth, GA
Is it just this one from Estee Lauder that you like/dislike or do you like their other ones? And If you dislike it what do you recommend?

Walmart