Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

Estēe Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup delivers flawless, 15-hour staying power, and it is natural-looking for carefree coverage. A lightweight, oil-free, and buildable formula, it doesn’t change color, leaving your makeup looking as fresh as when you first applied it.

• Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation Does this found...4 Answers
  • What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the estee la...5 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 142 Answers
Elisa H.
Elisa H.
Clearfield, UT
One word...AMAZING
This is my holy grail foundation and I wear shade spiced sand 4N2...I am usually 1 or 2 shades darker than the middle of most brands. This makeup goes on smooth stays wet long enough to blend beautifully and dries to a beautiful matte finish but not flat. It literally looks like my skin but better. A single application is all I need to get almost full coverage. With primer, I've had it last all day into the evening with little touch up and I touch my face a lot!
The shade range is better than many other companies, so you're sure to find your perfect shade.
I totally suggest it's worth a try.
I have combination/normal skin and I'm 50. Another plus I'd it doesn't settle in wrinkles tho I don't have many...lol
mollie s.
mollie s.
front royal, VA
I love this foundation so. freaking. much. I had heard rave reviews of it on youtube and i was debating between this and another high priced foundation, and settled on this because it was slightly lower in price. Holy wow am I glad I picked this! The coverage is build able, it feels incredibly lightweight on the skin, and doesn't make me look dry. I have weird combo oily as heck in some parts and dry as the sahara in others as well as large pores and this just works. It works it works it works! It has a slight scent to it, but honestly I love it. It's not overpowering and goes away once it dries down. Which, speaking of drying down, it has a not too matte not too dewy look which is exactly what I've been looking for.
Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is beyond my favorite foundation ever. You truly get what you pay for. I went to Macy's to get matched and I got Tawny. It matched my face and neck perfectly. I still was not sure if I wanted to spend $40 on small bottle of foundation so the lady gave me a sample. The formula is not thick, but it is a full coverage foundation. It covered my acne and acne scars beautifully, and was not at all cakey. Even though it is full coverage, it does not feel heavy on the skin. I have a combination (oily and dry) face, but this foundation worked great! I definitely recommend it. If you're not sure either, try the 10 day sample and find out for yourself. I ended up buying it about a month ago, and I do not regret it.
Jennifer V.
Jennifer V.
Peyton, CO
Amazing, oily skin friendly foundation. It may claim to be semi-matte, but for me it's truly matte upon application and even hours after wear! The product can be applied for medium coverage as it is not thick, but more of runny easy to distribute formula. I find that it does oxidize a bit, so I always go half a shade lighter - but no big deal, easy to remedy. I also love how it covers all blemishes flawlessly and no caking whatsoever experienced. I noticed it also says over my pores making them much less visible. The range of color options in cool, neutral, and warm is spectacular as well. This is definitely my holy grail go to foundation! Oh yes, and 15 hour power wear? It truly holds up that long!
alex b.
alex b.
Double Oak, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN PLEASE GET THIS. this literally changed my whole life. i have oily combo skin but my t-zone just gets so oily and especially in the Texas summer i'm so so oily and i could never find a foundation that wouldn't budge and could hold up with my oil and i figured i never ever could and that i had tried everything, until this one it changed my whole life, its full coverage but doesn't look cakey and and it goes on so flawless. i can work 12 hours and only need to touch up once if that i barely get oily its so amazing the only thing i do wish was it that they had more shades like very pale shade with neutral undertones. but besides that its great i really really recommend this
Julie T.
Julie T.
I enjoyed Estee Lauder's DW foundation while I used it, but I most likely won't be buying it again.

Pros:
-Full coverage
-Lasts all day, even through 100 degree weather
-Great color selection

Cons:
-Would sometimes look cakey on dry areas. I would often have to remove the foundation from certain areas and reapply using a lot less product.
-Sets super quickly, not enough time to fully blend.
-Looked a little "obvious" on the skin.

I would apply the foundation with the Real Techniques sponge, and while most of the time it looked nice, there were several days where it just looked too cakey. For the price, I want something that works for me all the time, not just when my skin is good.
Kerra V.
Kerra V.
Abingdon, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
MY HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION!! I cannot say enough about this foundation, and neither can my family! I have acne prone, oily skin, especially on my T Zone and I couldn't love this foundation anymore than I do. It is definitely worth the price for sure! I have golden, orange undertones and this foundation in Desert Beige is just the perfect match and a little goes a long way. Because I am so oily, I generally put an Estee Lauder powder foundation over top just to seal everything in and keep it looking fresh, but for others a powder isn't necessary. Why I ever stray away from this foundation over and over, I'll never know! If you're thinking about this product, please take the plunge!
Brandi G.
Brandi G.
S Chesterfld, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love Estée Lauder's Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation, one of my makeup favorites from the brand! First, it offers a wide variety of shades so finding the color that fits you is simple! From cool, warm to neutral tones, you're guaranteed to get your perfect match. I have normal to dry skin & this product helps keep my face moisturizer all day. It has amazing coverage but is light weight, so you don't feel like you're wearing a lot of makeup. It hasn't creased on me, doesn't get cakey & will last all day long! Lastly, for the price you pay, it's totally worth it! This foundation only requires a small amount so it will last you a lot longer than you can imagine.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
Madison, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
There's a reason this stuff is getting 5 stars! I've thought about buying this for years, but I never did because I was hesitant about guessing my shade to buy it online since Sephora doesn't sell it in store, and I'm not a huge fan of a matte finish....well I bought it, got the wrong shade, and then realized after visiting Estee lauders website, that they have a make up counter in a store nearby. So I went in, got samples of
Two close shades so I could pick my fav, and literally the same day I wore it...I bought 2 bottles. It's amazing. My skin looks natural, and my blush, contour, and highlight just slid
Right on beautifully over top of it. LOVE LOVE LOVE! New holy grail!
Krystal R.
Krystal R.
I live in a tropical country where it's mainly HOT year round. This foundation is a staple in my kit. My oily skin in hot weather is no match for ELDW. Beware of flashback if using poor quality cell phone flash to take pics because this has titanium dioxide that acts as a sunscreen & does reflect light. As a MUA I have used this foundation on all skin types and all ages. It is medium to buildable full coverage & one does not need concealer with this foundation (that's my favorite thing about ELDW). Be sure to colour correct where necessary to avoid ashy appearance if you have a lot of dark areas, then apply foundation. In my opinion there shade range is mainly good
Brittany H.
Brittany H.
Southington, OH
Is this worth money and how much coverage is it?
Sarah A.
Sarah A.
Chaska, MN
Does this foundation cover really good?
Brooke N.
Brooke N.
Could this foundation make your face look dry for someone that has combination skin? Does this foundation look natural on the skin when you look up close?
Heather P.
Heather P.
Tallahassee, FL
Is this worth the price? does it come in fair?
Christina S.
Christina S.
Duluth, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is it just this one from Estee Lauder that you like/dislike or do you like their other ones? And If you dislike it what do you recommend?