Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

Estēe Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup delivers flawless, 15-hour staying power, and it is natural-looking for carefree coverage. A lightweight, oil-free, and buildable formula, it doesn’t change color, leaving your makeup looking as fresh as when you first applied it.

• Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation Does this found...4 Answers
  • What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the estee la...5 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 142 Answers
Jenetta T.
Jenetta T.
Abilene
The holy grail of makeup.

I have tried numerous foundations to the point of not wearing any at all for over 10 years. That all changed when I found this last year in October. I was searching for a foundation that wouldn't shine, rub off or cake. I wanted a ultra matte finish in as few steps as possible. This foundation dies that for me. Being 40, makeup wear is a bit different and can be a challenge with not looking even older. This foundation is a ultra matte finish, full coverage, won't rub off on clothes and stays put for 24 hours or more. I have pushed this foundation to the limit, I've worn it during sweaty workouts and in the sauna. This stuff does not budge. It doesn't break me out or cake. I can go for light, medium, or full coverage with this one bottle. No powder needed because it dries matte and it's not heavy or oily. At the same time it doesn't make my face dry. I wear a gel clinique moisturizer on my face all the time. I have yet to find another foundation like this.
Deedee S.
Deedee S.
Minneapolis, MN
I have worn Estee for years and was looking for a shade close to the one I love in a different formula. The shade is Newport Beige in the fresh air line which is so old you must order it online these days. I bought the double wear in fresco which is supose to be shade that is closest. As I was looking more at color matching first it wasn't as close as i hoped this shade was too light compared to my Newport beige. but it it did give me the opportunity to try the #1selling estee foundation and it was as i expected i only wore 2 times and put it aside till. last week, because it is slightly lighter than i wished i was using my newport beige and my best girlfriend said she had never considered. estee.lauder she is like so many thinking its for older. ..i assured her i started in my early 20's and nothing compared except channel for the high quality and i have never switched long especially my main estee products like my foundation and skin creams!
she using the foundation now!
Hanna K.
Hanna K.
Surprise, AZ
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Liquid Foundation IS BY FAR MY HOLY GRAIL! It stays put and sets perfectly matte but looking semi dewy so no need for a setting powder! I favor full coverage foundations that don't feel like full coverage but stay put throughout the day without needing touch ups and let me tell you, this foundation never lets me down. It is amazingly full coverage and stays on my combination skin without getting oily and nasty at the end of the day. I am hooked, obsessed, in love....whatever you want to call it...it is my holy grail that I can always count on! I always get compliments from colleagues who say my makeup looks flawless! Thank you Estee Lauder! Totally worth every penny! Especially since a little dab here and there leaves you with a flawless face! Only downside for me is that I wish it had a better way of distributing the product such as a pump or a sponge stick applicator like the Clinique's Beyond Perfecting foundation.
Latoya G.
Latoya G.
Inman, SC
Estee Lauder double wear stay in place makeup is a gift sent from heaven. I suffer from adult acne and the effects of it have not only scarred my face but my self confidence as well. So when I was searching for a foundation not only was i looking for a good quality product but a product that would help bring my confidence back. This foundation covers like no other! Blemishes disappear when I apply this foundation and it leaves my skin smooth . It is a buildable foundation so the coverage is up to you. There is no "cakey" feeling and it stays in place ALL DAY LONG! I wore this makeup for my beach wedding in July because it was light on my skin and through the tears ,sweating, hugs and kisses it held up perfectly and I still looked beautiful hours later at the reception. I absolutely love the Estee Lauder double wear stay in place makeup because it gives me a little boost of self confidence everytime I wear it. It will forever be my ride or die foundation.
Vivianne S.
Vivianne S.
This is my holy grail foundation! Since it is Estée Lauder, you're paying a little more for a foundation but it's definitely lightweight and full coverage. I've noticed it works best on combination/oily skin being as it is so mattifying. I use the shade 2W1 Dawn and I'm rather light toned as it is, but the foundation does oxidize a little darker than is shown in the bottle. I set it with my MAC studio fix powder in NC25 and it will literally last me ALL day. I've worn this foundation for early 24 hours straight and it never looks cakey or patchy. Using a primer that has glycerin in it will definitely help it be more long wearing than usual but is long lasting on its own. The scent of the foundation can take some getting used to but is definitely that can be looked over for such an amazing product. I go through a bottle in about a month and a half or so, and that's by using it every day. Definitely recommend it to anyone looking to purchase!!
Angelica M.
Angelica M.
One of my favorites on the market. I have combination/sensitive skin with hyper pigmentation, acne scars(box and pitted) , uneven texture and skin tone. This works great as a full coverage makeup. I purchased this for $38 and it lasts because it is concentrated you don't need to use a lot to get the full coverage. I apply with a beauty blender or a real techniques foundation brush. It lasts all day and I've worn through a hard work out and my makeup stays put. You would have to make sure you're really getting all the makeup off your skin at the end of the day. I have broken out from using this makeup and not cleansing my skin properly. So I would suggest using a clarisonic or some form of a gentle exfoliate to get the product out of your pores as well as a deep pore cleansing mask. Overall a great product that lives up the hype and is worth the price in my opinion. It does feel heavy on the face if you're not used to wearing makeup
Amy K.
Amy K.
Corvallis, OR
It's been awhile since I've used this foundation but this is the most full coverage foundation I have ever used. It's definitely thick so be careful when you're pouring it out of the bottle! Definitely can come out too quickly and spill. Which is why I only give it four stars. If it had a pump or something where I didn't have to pour out the foundation, this would definitely be 5 stars. Other than the packaging, the color selection is really good in my opinion. They have a lot of colors that you can definitely find your shade which is great since not everyone has such a vast color selection. I am also very oily so I get a beautiful matte finish with full coverage that doesn't look too cakey when I use the correct amount! If the packaging doesn't bother you, I don't know what else I could say to persuade you to buy it now. If you are considering this, and want a full coverage foundation and have oily skin, this is a must have!
April B.
April B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Everything I look for in a foundation! For anyone with oily/combo/acne prone skin, I HIGHLY recommend!
-longwear; it claims to be a 15-hour wear foundation, um yes! First foundation I've seen that does not smudge or melt off my face.
-I usually only need one layer, but it can be buildable! When I have problem spots, I usually add a drop or more to help cover. Best part is I do not even feel like I'm wearing make-up. It does not look or feel cakey. (I use mainly a beauty blender to apply with)
-semi-matte finish; love love love the finish. Even with my oily skin, I do not experience a shine throughout the day. I personally do not feel like this foundation needs a setting powder. However, in the summer I usually still apply one just to be secure.
Ive tried multiple foundations, this one beats all! Best part is they have sooo many shades, so I found a shade perfect for my skin tone. (:
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Braselton, GA
I bought this because of all of the rave reviews that I had seen from youtubers and I had to give it a try! I would say that it definitely has a matte finish to it. This foundation was not the worst foundation I have ever used, but I honestly did not like it.
I almost felt like my face was smothering. It clogged my pores, and left a lot of patchy spots. I have oily skin and by the end of the day, the oil had taken off most of this foundation around my mouth and t zone. :( Other than that, it was so hard to get off. You would definitely need a scrub.
I used this for about 2 weeks before deciding to just return it.
It seems in other peoples reviews that it is amazing- but honestly with foundations, it is one of those things that you have to try on your own and see if it works for you! I wish I could have had the same experience as others.
Vickie  S.
Vickie S.
Cherryville , NC
This is my holy grail foundation. I have tried almost every brand of foundation known to man, so much money wasted. I have dry patchy spots that goes oily later in the day, I also have fair skin. I tried this product after watching a YouTube video and going to visit the Estee Lauder counter. I was so impressed with the variety in color, I have always just settled for somewhere in the middle they have a wide variety and I finally have my perfect match! I apply this with a beauty blender and it stays wet long enough to blend my entire face and dries perfect, not drying at all. It last all day with a few touch ups depending on activity...Chasing toddlers! It is worth every dime and I recommend it to everyone anyone has a question about foundation. It is honestly the best, my entire family has been using this line now! #EsteeEditContest
Brittany H.
Brittany H.
Southington, OH
Is this worth money and how much coverage is it?
Sarah A.
Sarah A.
Chaska, MN
Does this foundation cover really good?
Brooke N.
Brooke N.
Could this foundation make your face look dry for someone that has combination skin? Does this foundation look natural on the skin when you look up close?
Heather P.
Heather P.
Tallahassee, FL
Is this worth the price? does it come in fair?
Christina S.
Christina S.
Duluth, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is it just this one from Estee Lauder that you like/dislike or do you like their other ones? And If you dislike it what do you recommend?