Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

Estēe Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup delivers flawless, 15-hour staying power, and it is natural-looking for carefree coverage. A lightweight, oil-free, and buildable formula, it doesn’t change color, leaving your makeup looking as fresh as when you first applied it.

• What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the estee la...7 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 149 Answers
Itzel S.
laredo tx
Review for: Cool Pebble more...
I really love this foundation and it is the closest thing to perfect that I can find, which is why I see myself sticking to it for a long time to come. My skin is acne-prone and also very oily.

PROS-
Shade- a very good match to my fair, neutral skin (I use 1N1).

Coverage- a medium to full coverage. I find it covers my redness and acne/scarring quite well, but a little bit of redness does peek through.

Finish- definitely a matte foundation, although I find it isn't too much of a flat matte. If I don't set it, after about 15-30 minutes it becomes more of a soft matte.

Longevity- this foundation has the longest wear time that I have found on my very oily skin, about 7-9 hours of it looking quite good and me blotting once or twice. If I'm only wearing it for a few hours I've begun to not set my face w powder afterwards which is something unheard of w my skin.

CONS-
Formula- for me this is the biggest con. I find the liquid to be so thick and set so fast that it can be difficult to work with as it's more time consuming and feels heavier on the skin. It also cannot build on itself- I used to apply a little like concealer over any spots I had, but it would always set much darker than the rest of my face so I would end up having little orange splotches over the places I tried to cover. If you want full coverage you have to go in heavily w it cause once it sets, that's it. However I imagine this is the price one pays for a foundation with such good coverage and decent wear time.

Price- $46CAD is a lot for a foundation, however because you need so little to get the medium coverage I most often go for that to me it's worth it.

Longevity- as a con, my ideal foundation would last for about 12 hours, which this foundation simply cannot do on my oily skin. It just gets way too oily, begins to separate, and can sometimes pool into my pores so it looks like I have freckles of foundation.

Packaging- of course, cause no one likes that it doesn't come w a gd pump lol

OVERALL-
I had been on the hunt for a foundation that matched me well, did not break me out, and lasted a long time with my very oily skin for so damn long that for now ELDW is close enough. For now I am pleased with ELDW and very much recommend it to anyone w oily skin (altho my bff has very dry skin and it's her HG!)
Vi💋👑 J.
This is one of my favorite foundations. I finished the whole bottle and that is that the shade the lady matched me was a bit off but i made it work when i wore it in the summer. I have very oily/ acne prone skin and it covered everything lasted all day. I didn’t have to even wear primer just moisturizer underneath. It flashes back horrific though in pictures since it does have spf, but I’ve been dying to get another bottle. I love this stuff!!! Worth your money.
Heather M.
Columbia, TN
I purchased estee lauder double stay foundation when a rep for them was in ULTA showing off their products. I originally went to repurchase my tarte foundation but, I let her match me and thought let's give it a shot! I really liked the light feeling of the foundation it was not heavy on my face throughout the day, it also lasted very well like I had hoped and heard so much about. I had wanted to try this before but it was only offered online and I was just scared to guess my shade so I never tried. My one complaint would be the color selection, there isn't really a shade light enough for me just one that kind of works. The rep had said they got rid of their lighter shades at some point and that really stinks! It's so hard to find brands that carry shades for such light skin tones. This was a great foundation but I have to take a star off for color selection.
Jessie J.
Frazeysburg
Review for: Other more...
I got the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place foundation as a sample from Elder Beerman that carries Estée Lauder products at a mall near me. I had heard it was supposed to be long lasting and full coverage that you can build without it looking cakey. I love this product! I’ve always bought drugstore foundations which are okay for me but I wanted to try something even better. I would say I have a normal skin type, sometimes a little on the dry side. I set my face with maybelline fit me loose powder and this stuff stays on for so long!!! I wore this foundation for about 13-14 hours and to me it looked the exact same as when I first put it on. I didn’t touch up my makeup at all throughout the day either. If you’re thinking about buying this product I think you should. I liked the idea that I could get a free sample because $42 for a foundation is kind of expensive but totally worth your money, at least to me it is. I used their universal perfecting primer with this (I got a free sample when I ordered a gift set with some of their advanced night repair products).
Brittany S.
Whittier, CA
Review for: Warm Tawny more...
My daily use foundation and always to go to foundation for everything is going to be Estée Lauder full coverage foundation in Twany. This foundation is great for oil & combination skin like myself and a little dime size will cover your face flawlessly. I have not yet found another foundation I could replace this with and I always find myself going back to purchase this product every few months I run out! It’s the perfect amount of full coverage but it looks like skin!9 flawless with or without a powder if you want a matte look. I don’t even have to use concealer!! If you haven’t had yet tried out this foundation I would recommend going to your nearest beauty store of Sephora or Macy! This foundation will change your makeup routine! Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
Review for: Ecru more...
I spent like $40-50 on this so I'm a little more than just upset to be writing this bad review. The woman at the makeup counter promised me that this foundation would work for my oily skin, boy, did she lie. First, I moisturized my face with my favorite moisturizer that I use every day. I've worn it with my other foundations and it's worked well. This time though, as soon as I applied this, my face felt horribly dry. After about 30 minutes, it began separating on my nose. After an hour, it completely disappeared from my nose and began to do the same on my forehead. You could count the pores on my cheeks which is odd because I don't usually have noticeable pores. I used this the next day and didn't use moisturizer and had the same result. I threw it away. I'd rather throw away money than use this again.
Teri B.
Review for: Fresco more...
I tried this foundation out because of a youtuber named Samantha Schuerman. This foundation really does stay in place all day. I love the coverage of it. Even though it is not a full coverage foundation, for me at least, you can build it up. It covers us my dark spots and redness really well and gives me a nice and even skin tone. This better suits oily skin, so I don't think you would like this if you have dry skin, because it clings to my dry patches. I have combination skin. I don't tend to reach for this very often though because the shade I have tends to oxidize to a more pinkish color on me. I may just have to try and find another shade that will better suit me. But other than the shade issue this is a really good foundation.
Hannah S.
Round Rock, TX
Review for: Bone more...
Let's start off by saying, I don't think this was the right time for me to use this product. My face was all dried out and flakey and painful from another foundation, so this one unfortunately didn't help solve the issue.

Major Pro: I am pale a sin and have rosacea and the color bone blended in SO well. It really was a gorgeous color. If I was going out for the night and wanted full coverage makeup, I'd honestly consider this one. It covered my redness for the whole day. Lauder just makes amazing makeup and products, simple as that.

My Cons:
- It's expensive. $42 for 1 oz. I paid $27 for a similar cinque product (which was the one that my face hated, so I guess that's not a great comparison). I've also paid like $6 for the Maybelline fit me, which matched almost the same, had the same coverage and lasted just as long.
- Even though my face was painfully dry, it made me greasy after only a few hours around my nose.
-It felt heavy. I know I live in Texas and it's hot, so that doesn't help with the whole "feels like it's melting off my face" thing, but it did not feel as light as some other full coverage makeups. It truly felt like I had a mask on my face.

I would recommend this product, especially to someone looking for a good full coverage makeup that has sensitive skin and maybe a hard to match skin tone. In the future, I might look into the new Double Wear nude. It appears to be lighter
Shelbe O.
Review for: Fresco more...
I started using this foundation when I got really into makeup right after high school and I haven't found anything that can top it and probably never will!!  I have used 3 different shades over the last 5 years depending on how tan I was or wasn't and none of them disappointed.  This stay in place foundation doesn't lie when it says it is sweat proof, humidity proof, water proof, and everything else.  I lived in AL and this stuff lasted through hot UA Sorority Recruitment and it is always SUPER hot, muggy, and usually rains during that week.  This foundation did not budge.  I will keep buying this over and over and over again.  Keep on doing great things Estée Lauder and I will keep buying.
Mor G.
Elysburg , PA
Review for: Desert Beige more...
I've repurchased this foundation many times. At first I loved it, however I only gave it three stars because I do find that this foundation is extremely heavy. If you're looking for a good coverage foundation, this is the one for you! I think for occasions this is a great foundation, but for everyday wear it almost feels like it's just sitting on top on your face like a mask. I do find patchy spot over time and it does tend to oxidize quite a bit.  Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place FoundationEstée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place FoundationEstée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation
Brittany H.
Southington, OH
Is this worth money and how much coverage is it?
Sarah A.
Chaska, MN
Does this foundation cover really good?
Brooke N.
Could this foundation make your face look dry for someone that has combination skin? Does this foundation look natural on the skin when you look up close?
Heather P.
Tallahassee, FL
Is this worth the price? does it come in fair?
Christina S.
Duluth, GA
Is it just this one from Estee Lauder that you like/dislike or do you like their other ones? And If you dislike it what do you recommend?