Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

Estēe Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup delivers flawless, 15-hour staying power, and it is natural-looking for carefree coverage. A lightweight, oil-free, and buildable formula, it doesn’t change color, leaving your makeup looking as fresh as when you first applied it.

• What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the estee la...6 Answers
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation Does this found...4 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 145 Answers
l i.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
Review for: Desert Beige
DO YA SELF A FAVOR AND TRY THIS OUT! I have seen double wear advertised on many platforms BUT  i never gave it a try because to be honest, I hated the packaging AND I thought this was meant for older skin types. I have never been so wrong in my life lol not only is this truly a long wear and full coverage foundation--it does'nt make me break out. Now, let me elaborate-- as long as you take off your makeup and follow a steady skincare routine, this doesn't make you break out. I have always been really skeptical when I hear or read someone say that but the truth is wearing this foundation has no bad effects on me (other than drying because it is a verrrry matte foundation). My biggest issues is the drying aspect--I'll notice it around my nose and my eyes so  its irritating. Due to this reason I did try other foundations that were full coverage, but more hydrating, but I ALWAYS  come back to you Este (due to everything else either breaking me out or not giving me the flawless look at Este does). I do recommend a good primer (I use either Lancome or Tarte poreless primer), a primer water like Smashbox Priming Water, and a dang good moisturizer (I use Belief moisture bomb). I'm continuing to experiment with the different ways this foundation can be worn to showcase its longevity and finish.
Brittany P.
Gretna, LA
Review for: Other
I used this based on reviews I got here, and answers I got to a question I asked here and I am so glad I did! I have combination skin so thought it would make my tzone oily but it didn't at all. It was super cheap too! I love the coverage and that it's so light on my skin, I also love that it didn't make me breakout like other foundations I've tried. It isn't matte, but it isn't dewy either. It's the perfect combination. And it looks just as good by itself as it does with powder over it. I'd 100% buy it again, it's my new favorite foundation. I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a good foundation to buy and wear
Bree F.
Review for: Pure Beige
I have to start off by saying that this foundation used to be one of my favorites a couple of years ago and I stop using it. I recently rediscovered it on sale so I purchased it once again I do find that this product is very very full coverage and it is very thick. This product I find tends to kris alone my smile line and four head I have to set it very well and make sure that I moisturize and prime and prep my face very well before using this or else I will have a lot of creative and a lot of kicking this. But then I tend to find if I set this very well that I get some flakiness as well. I like the product I will always like it but I am reluctant sometime to keep purchasing it because of my smile line and four head lines. I wish the product would stay put longer. I do recommend this product Kylie but you must use a lot of setting spray and prep and prime your face prior. You can find this product at the forum online or in stores I found it at Dillards as well.
Kayla D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I tried so many different foundations before purchasing this one. It is pricy and you only get 1 FL oz. It looks so small in the bottle, but this foundation is the best. I have very oily skin and it keeps me looking beautifully matte ALL DAY without ever slipping or fading. It is a perfect foundation for girls looking for a foundation to fight the oil and unwanted shine throughout the day. Just get a sample from the Estee Lauder counter if you are iffy. You WILL NOT be disappointed. This product is worth the hype. Spend the $42 dollars because you will be surprised how amazing it looks!!
Meagan G.
Kenansville, NC
Review for: Desert Beige
My holy grail, full coverage, matte foundation!

This is a very full coverage foundation, so if you prefer the lightweight look, you won't like it. I use this on days where I need a very full face of makeup and have no time to touch up. For example, I threw a birthday party for my mother after a long day of training at work - I put this on at 6:30 am and took it off when I got home at 1:30 am. My face still looked great! I've found that it's very easy to color match and the Estee Lauder counters will give you a free sample that lasted me much longer than the 10 days it's marketed for. I've found that it can look heavy on the skin if you go overboard, so keep in mind that a little goes a long way! My only complaint about this product is that it doesn't come with a pump. The packaging is very nice and I feel for $42, Estee Lauder could add a pump. I ended up purchasing one off Amazon, but Clinique and MAC pumps also fit these bottles.

I would highly recommend this foundation to brides with oily or acne prone skin, anyone who desires the fullest of full coverage, or mature skin. It's well worth the $42 price tag!
Jovy C.
Suwanee, GA
Review for: Tawny
Full coverage, transfer-proof, matte, long lasting foundation I have tried. By far, it doesn’t cake up on me. Always have creamy application for either damp beauty blender or a flat too brush. I enjoy using this everyday and for special occasions. It looks very natural on my skin but at the same time hides my pores and blemishes. Not too heavy but blurs out the skin’s imperfection. You can buy a pump from estee lauder counter at macy’s if you want to control the amount of product. But it lasts me for a good 3 months if I use it everyday. This is by far my favorite foundation.
Roxy S.
Review for: Desert Beige
I've been using this foundation for over 10 years and will always have it in my beauty stash. I have combo skin with a lot of acne scars & discoloration. This has always given me flawless coverage and the confidence to know my foundation is NOT gonna budge until I remove it. I am an early riser doing my glam routine as early as 445 AM most days. This stays on through workouts, a full day of work, and only comes off with makeup remover. I will say if you don't like the look of makeup on your skin, this foundation may not be for you. It looks like makeup in natural light. Gives no flashback in photos, & is a true matte. I do mix it with becca opal luminizer to make it dewy or to shear the medium to full coverage out a bit from time to time. I simply love this!! Try it, you will not regret it. It might seem pricey, but a bottle tends to last me 6 months even with daily use.
Meagan L.
Frisco
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wish I could give this foundation 10 stars. O . M . G . First off, if you don't like creamy full coverage makeup, you can stop reading this review. Lol. But I've used this foundation for I don't even know how long, you barley need any at all to give your face a flawless finish. Literally covers EVERYTHING. has the most beautiful colors/tones. I have slept in this makeup and s*** you not my makeup still looked perfect the next day... Even went to work with slept in makeup wearing double wear and got compliments. I will forever use this foundation, end of story.
Grace K.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Cashew
Had I written this review just 2.5-3 years ago, I'd have given this product 5-stars. When I had oily skin, this was the ideal foundation - a total workhorse of a foundation that kept you as matte as possible and looking fresh.

Fast forward to now, and I have really, REALLY dry skin. The Double Wear still is wonderful in coverage. It applies on quite heavy with your fingers, but with a damp sponge, you can easily customize how thick or thin you want areas to be. But within 30-40 minutes, I begin to feel my skin drying out and I basically live with my  Avène Thermal Spring Water in-hand, spritzing like a maniac all day long. (For what it's worth, it works, and the foundation powers through the nonstop blasts of water like a trooper.)

So overall, this is not my go-to foundation anymore, but on special nights, I'll still pull this one out, mix it up with some Chanel or other more dewy foundations. My color - Cashew - has a really yellow base, which I love, and for those of you who love the matte look like I used to -- it works WONDERFULLY with the . Ben Nye Banana Powder .
Annie N.
Dewey, AZ
Review for: Desert Beige
I really wanted to love this foundation. I've been on the hunt for a full coverage, demi-matte foundation that won't irritate my sensitive skin. After reading so many reviews I finally decided to give it a try. I do not find it to be full coverage. I'm not sure if it's because the shade is a little light for me or the liquid formula. I've been wearing it everyday for a week now and it doesn't oxidize do that's a definite plus. I have a dry patchy area on my chin with small bumps that showed up 2 days into use and I've never had anything like this on my oily skin. I'm not sure if it's connected to the foundation out not, but I'm going to discontinue use for a few days to see if it goes away. All in all this foundation is amazing. I just wish it was a little more full coverage because I can see redness through my foundation.
Brittany H.
Southington, OH
Is this worth money and how much coverage is it?
Sarah A.
Chaska, MN
Does this foundation cover really good?
Brooke N.
Could this foundation make your face look dry for someone that has combination skin? Does this foundation look natural on the skin when you look up close?
Heather P.
Tallahassee, FL
Is this worth the price? does it come in fair?
Christina S.
Duluth, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is it just this one from Estee Lauder that you like/dislike or do you like their other ones? And If you dislike it what do you recommend?