Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

Estēe Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup delivers flawless, 15-hour staying power, and it is natural-looking for carefree coverage. A lightweight, oil-free, and buildable formula, it doesn’t change color, leaving your makeup looking as fresh as when you first applied it.

• What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the estee la...7 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 149 Answers
Emily S.
Vinemont, AL
This is my absolute favorite foundation! It comes in so many shades and is the perfect build-able coverage. I currently wear 1N1 ivory nude but in the summer I wear darker shades. I have acne and dark marks and this foundation covers it better than anything I have ever tried. It stays on all day and with a good setting spray it doesn't move! I apply it with an e.l.f. stipple brush. I used to use a beauty blender but this works so much better for me. Using my finger I dab on spots of foundation then blend it in with the brush. For full coverage I dab on a second layer and pat it in with the brush. It costs just under $40 but it is so worth it! The bottle lasts me about 5-6 months and I wear it everyday. I have bought it from Sephora and Belk. If you're trying it for the first time it is best to buy it from an Estée Lauder counter at a department store like Belk. They will color match you and give you a 10-day sample to try. They are great about color exchanges even if you have used the product once or twice.
Kristina N.
Thomaston , CT
Review for: Desert Beige more...
I’ve always heard great things about this foundation and have wanted to try it for a while. I just can’t believe I waited so long!
This foundation is amazing!! This provides the most beautiful natural looking finish while still providing excellent coverage without ever looking cakey. This foundation feels so lightweight I don’t even know that I’m wearing foundation. I applied with my MAKE UP FOR EVER 108 Large Foundation Brush and it applied so easily and did not leave any streaks what so ever.
It is medium to full coverage and it is easily buildable to create a more full coverage look. It is definitely a more matte/natural finish so I would recommend more for oily/combination skin or if you have dry skin just make sure to use a good moisturizer before applying.
This covers imperfections effortlessly, helps minimize the appearance of pores and does not settle into fine lines. This foundation is extremely long lasting. It does not oxidize and looks as it it was just applied hours and hours later. It also does not separate or transfer onto clothing etc.
The only thing that I do wish is that this came with a dispenser as I find it would be a lot easier to apply. I know that they do sell them for $10 but I think it should be included.
Overall this is now my all time favorite foundation. It is totally worth the $42. I definitely recommend this to everyone!
Maggie B.
San Diego
Review for: Bone more...
!!!VISIT MY PROFILE FOR SHADE MATCHES!!!

I am in the shade bone (1w1) but sometimes (1w2)
BEST BRIDAL MAKEUP. NOT FOR TEXTURED SKIN. BE PATIENT WITH WORKING WITH THIS FOUNDATION. read on..

EVRYONE IS RIGHT! this is amazing! I never thought of buying this foundation because its is "heavy" and too full coverage based on reviews. besides that everyone says ofcourse this is flawless awesome longevity...me personally I don't like a full on heavy thick coverage because I like my face to breathe through out the day.
But what made me buy it because I was looking online for a bridal foundation. Everyone recommended this. they were saying this is the ultimate bridal makeup.

I spent almost a month watching and reading reviews. there were mixed reviews but of course I settled with buying it!

JUST FOR EXTRA INFORMATION. personally this foundations is not heavy in feeling. it is so lightweight I get surprised throughout the day! but fair warning, I don't recommend this for skin with too much texture. because it can settle in pores. as I said, you have to be patient and have to have extra time when applying this foundation. It dries quickly and can be hard to move around. but again if you have patience and take time to work with this foundation, it is worth it!

Tammi J.
Chesterfield, VA
Review for: Deep Spice more...
Before using Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation , I was using BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème in Sandalwood &  Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation SPF 15 #520.  I would just switch up between the two because i bought them and while the match i thought was great, i was not completely sold.  Hence the reason I was still looking for the perfect match.  I decided to try Estee Lauder and boy was i impressed.  The MUA applied the product to one side of my face and i could not determine where the product began and where it ended.  So i had her try it one on the other side while i watch carefully with a mirror.  Same thing.  This product looks like skin and give you a flawless finished.  I used my Sigma f80 brush. My only grip with estee is that it does not come with a pump, you purchase the pump for an additional $10, which in my opinion is not cool at all.  Hopefully one of the becca or lancome pumps fits the bottle.  I am totally sold on Estee Lauder Double Wear.
Jennifer L.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Other more...
I received a sample size of this foundation in a Birchbox a few months ago and was hesitant to try it. I have yellow undertones to my skin and very few foundation samples ever tend to match me dead-on. Additionally, I have combination skin that is INCREDIBLY oily in the T-zone, so I very rarely wear foundation anymore as it tends to be a fool's errand even with primer & powder. I gave this a try anyway (hey, I'd already paid for it) and was immediately floored by how exact the color was. I was also very impressed by how little I needed to get the amount of coverage I wanted (I have relatively clear, even skin and I hate feeling and looking like my make up is caked on). The true test came at the end of the first day I wore it--it not only held on, it stayed on my nose and forehead without getting streaky or weird. Furthermore, it didn't exaggerate the dry skin on my cheeks like many other matte formulas do. I used the small sample over a period of 4 months before I finally ran out and bought a full-sizes product. Absolutely worth the money. It's especially great on-stage when I'm performing, when that long-wear is really put to the test. Love this product and recommend it for people with oily or combo skin!
Sophie G.
Madison, WI
Review for: Ivory Beige more...
Before trying this foundation I had been using the  Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation SPF 15 (which I also recommend, however Double Wear is better) and had not switched to another brand in five years. This past summer I started breaking out like crazy and couldn't figure out the cause, so I decided to switch up my skincare products. I tried a number of foundations, including the  Clinique Superbalanced™ Makeup Liquid Foundation (which I despised because it was so dewy that it made every bump and pore appear 5x larger and also gave more light-medium coverage when I needed full) and the  tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 (which I liked, however the coverage was still not where I wanted it to be--definitely medium--and it ended up making my breakouts worse as well). I have no idea why I was sleeping on the  Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation because OH MY GOSH it is amazing! I love semi-matte foundations that are super full coverage and this is it. By the time I started using this my skin was almost clear, however I had a lot of scarring left over. Double Wear completely covers it and it wears so pretty on the skin, my pores and couple of smaller, fading breakouts are barely noticeable. The formula is also FABULOUS! I was so surprised to find it to be so full coverage because the consistency is super lightweight. It barely feels like you have anything on. It also definitely stays in place. I have worn it from 7 am to 11 pm without a primer, needing not much more than a mid day blotting for the smallest bit of oil that came through (I set my makeup with  bareMinerals Mineral Veil . Also, and I know this is bad to do especially having acne-prone skin, I have slept in this makeup before. With this I have had two experiences: either it doesn't budge and looks pretty perfect in the morning, or it comes off super patchy and looks like a spray tan rubbing off (my face is a lot lighter than the rest of my body from tanning and spray tanning, so it looks especially strange when it rubs off). So I know this is a super long-winded review, but I really, really believe in this product and I don't think I will ever switch from this foundation in the future! Great for sensitive skin and people who love a lot of coverage and length of wear!
Theresa M.
Review for: Fresco more...
I rarely write any reviews with low ratings. I wore double wear foundation for many years until I began to have breakouts and the foundation wasn't the same as it had been.
Maybe it was MY skin that changed I don't know. This stuff used to be liquid gold to me the finish was consistently natural and beautiful. I have tried this foundation on 2 separate occasions in the hopes that I would get those results I used to but nope.
I recently tried the shade Fresco and while the coverage was wonderful it just lacked that dewy beautiful finish. Instead it felt difficult to apply it was almost too thick.. and it was not easy to blend with a beauty sponge of all things!!
I tried using a foundation brush and that resulted in  a streaky and patchy finish! Finally just a morphe 449 brush and patience got the job done.
I don't want to entirely give up on this foundation but at this point I am concluding that it just doesn't work for me any longer and I need to stick with what does. The formula is absolutely long wearing and  comes in a variety of shades.
It won't rub off on clothing, has a good fragrance, it stays put and feels light on the skin all day. You can even get yourself matched at some Ulta stores with the imatch shade finder.
Michelle N.
Detroit, MI
Review for: Other more...
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place FoundationI use the Honey Bronze 4W1 shade and I absolutely love it. I have combination skin with an olive/yellow undertone. Originally I was matched with 4N1 (which may be Tawny) and that color reflected red in photographs. However with my 4W1, I honestly can’t see myself switching to another foundation again. Not only is this foundation full and buildable coverage, but it smells amazing and doesn’t feel heavy on your face AT ALL! Plus, during long days I can be a culprit of falling asleep with my makeup on, and I wake up with absolutely ZERO breakouts. I’m literally, in love. Oh and the pump adapter can be bought at MAC (Estée Lauder owns MAC so the adapter is a perfect fit).
Caitlin M.
Being an oily skinned girl that up until very recently always had problem skin that needed higher coverage this stuff is a god send. It is lightweight but covers thoroughly and doesn't look heavy at all. And it really does stay in place. I have gone swimming in this stuff and it didn't budge. It stays so well it's actually kind of a pain to get it all off lol (at least when you are tired after working late and just want to get your makeup off ASAP and go to bed lol). My only complaint would be that I wish the lightest shade "Shell" was more easily available. I feel that it would be my ideal shade but the department store I used to work at and would buy it at didn't carry it. I haven't looked online yet. But I find that was a problem with the Double Wear Max as well. I was at a point with my acne that I used that as well and the "lightest" shade was too dark and the truly lightest shade wasn't available. I have used both Cool Bone and Ivory Nude and while I can get away with either I find Cool Bone to be too cool for me so it looks pink and dark on me...and while I've come to the conclusion that the Ivory Nude is certainly better as it's a neutral tone (which I feel I look best in) at times I still feel it's a bit too warm and a bit yellow. It may just be me but I wish it was at least easier to get the other shade and give it a go. Overall not a super big problem but it was a long process to choose which one I liked better.
Shasha S.
Review for: Desert Beige, Desert Beige, Sand, Fresco, Bone, Ecru more...
 Its best product . Bestiiiiieeee bestttt product,,,,I loveeeee this product. I really enjoy free samples. If its good I definitely upload in my vlog and recommend to friends ,colleagues and family . I usually buy from drugstores. Love to use branded products and love to try new samples. Crazy to try  new samples but  cost effective :(The product has this light lotiony texture that spreads very easily, and I have not experience it feeling greasy or tacky on my face at all. It dries down rather quickly. Now when it comes to how it performs in making my makeup last any longer than other primers that I own, I can personally say that this primer does allow for my makeup to stay on a very long time. The only major difference is that it provides a level of hydration to my skin at the same time, while it's doing it's job towards keeping my face well primed, and keeping my makeup look as fresh as possible, for as long as possible. So it's really like using a light hydrator+moisturizer all-one.
Rana I.
Canton, MI
Would you apply this with a beauty blender or brush ?
Kimberly V.
I've heard many great things with this foundation, how is the longevity of this foundation ? And is it more of a satin finish or demi matte ?
Does this foundation cover really good?
Brooke D.
Lewis Center, OH
Is this good for oily skin???
chloe f.
Is this product good coverage?