Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

Estēe Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup delivers flawless, 15-hour staying power, and it is natural-looking for carefree coverage. A lightweight, oil-free, and buildable formula, it doesn’t change color, leaving your makeup looking as fresh as when you first applied it.

• What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the estee la...6 Answers
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation Does this found...4 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 145 Answers
Sophie G.
Madison, WI
Review for: Ivory Beige
Before trying this foundation I had been using the  Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation SPF 15 (which I also recommend, however Double Wear is better) and had not switched to another brand in five years. This past summer I started breaking out like crazy and couldn't figure out the cause, so I decided to switch up my skincare products. I tried a number of foundations, including the  Clinique Superbalanced™ Makeup Liquid Foundation (which I despised because it was so dewy that it made every bump and pore appear 5x larger and also gave more light-medium coverage when I needed full) and the  tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 (which I liked, however the coverage was still not where I wanted it to be--definitely medium--and it ended up making my breakouts worse as well). I have no idea why I was sleeping on the  Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation because OH MY GOSH it is amazing! I love semi-matte foundations that are super full coverage and this is it. By the time I started using this my skin was almost clear, however I had a lot of scarring left over. Double Wear completely covers it and it wears so pretty on the skin, my pores and couple of smaller, fading breakouts are barely noticeable. The formula is also FABULOUS! I was so surprised to find it to be so full coverage because the consistency is super lightweight. It barely feels like you have anything on. It also definitely stays in place. I have worn it from 7 am to 11 pm without a primer, needing not much more than a mid day blotting for the smallest bit of oil that came through (I set my makeup with  bareMinerals Mineral Veil . Also, and I know this is bad to do especially having acne-prone skin, I have slept in this makeup before. With this I have had two experiences: either it doesn't budge and looks pretty perfect in the morning, or it comes off super patchy and looks like a spray tan rubbing off (my face is a lot lighter than the rest of my body from tanning and spray tanning, so it looks especially strange when it rubs off). So I know this is a super long-winded review, but I really, really believe in this product and I don't think I will ever switch from this foundation in the future! Great for sensitive skin and people who love a lot of coverage and length of wear!
Erica P.
Morgantown
Review for: Desert Beige
I’m always on the hunt for a foundation that can keep my oily skin at bay. Time and time again, Estée Lauder’s Double Wear Foundation has been recommended as the oily girl’s hero. My local EL counter supplied me with a dram of my shade match in 2N1 Desert Beige to test out at home.

First and foremost, your skincare game better be on point, because Double Wear does not mess around. It is *matte*. It *needs* a well moisturized surface to not automatically cake up and look parched. I slapped it on without much forethought and my skin looked drier than the Prohibition. So if I am wearing Double Wear, I layer moisturizing products to make sure my skin is prepared. It also needs a good primer to keep from settling into pores, my favorite being Estée Lauder’s Illuminating Primer. I’ve applied with a damp blender sponge and with a brush, and I feel I got more flawless results with the sponge. A damp sponge also allowed me to sheer out the product for a more natural look. However, a brush provided much better coverage. The liquid dries down reasonably quickly, and doesn’t need set with powder.

In terms of controlling oil, Double Wear stands alone. I have little to no oil breakthrough in my t-zone, which no other foundation can boast. Some come close, but Double Wear is the sole product to control it outright. However, sometimes it can work a little too well. If I am in a very dry environment, my skin is not as oily as normal, or my skin is not properly prepped, the foundation can get dry, cakey, and flakey. This is exceedingly rare, however, and is usually due to my error in preparation.

When I need a foundation to keep from looking like an oil slick, or to stay put for way longer than would be considered reasonable, I reach for Double Wear. It’s not a daily product in my mind, but definitely the product I’d choose if forced to eschew all other foundations.
Hannah S.
Round Rock, TX
Review for: Bone
Let's start off by saying, I don't think this was the right time for me to use this product. My face was all dried out and flakey and painful from another foundation, so this one unfortunately didn't help solve the issue.

Major Pro: I am pale a sin and have rosacea and the color bone blended in SO well. It really was a gorgeous color. If I was going out for the night and wanted full coverage makeup, I'd honestly consider this one. It covered my redness for the whole day. Lauder just makes amazing makeup and products, simple as that.

My Cons:
- It's expensive. $42 for 1 oz. I paid $27 for a similar cinque product (which was the one that my face hated, so I guess that's not a great comparison). I've also paid like $6 for the Maybelline fit me, which matched almost the same, had the same coverage and lasted just as long.
- Even though my face was painfully dry, it made me greasy after only a few hours around my nose.
-It felt heavy. I know I live in Texas and it's hot, so that doesn't help with the whole "feels like it's melting off my face" thing, but it did not feel as light as some other full coverage makeups. It truly felt like I had a mask on my face.

I would recommend this product, especially to someone looking for a good full coverage makeup that has sensitive skin and maybe a hard to match skin tone. In the future, I might look into the new Double Wear nude. It appears to be lighter
Courtney H.
Greencastle, PA
Review for: Desert Beige, Other
This foundation has been a life saver for me. I have really bad discoloration and dark spots due to hormones. They call it pregnancy mask. Most women's go away, but mine only got worse. It makes me very self conscious. I used to be able to wear a tinted moisturizer, or a bb cream and be out the door. Someone suggested this foundation. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want anything heavy and make me look like I had a ton of makeup on.

Needless to say I fell in love after an estee lauder beauty advisor matched me and applied it all over. She sent me home with a sample and told me to test it out. That was a Thursday and on Saturday I was back buying it! Among other double wear products. It's an amazing line. I get so many compliments and get told my makeup looks "natural". I don't think these people realize how much they make my day when being told that!

Here are before and after pictures with NO filters (promise 🤞)! [product:estée-lauder-double-wear-stay-in-place-foundation] [product:estée-lauder-double-wear-stay-in-place-flawless-wear-concealer]
Jordi L.
Review for: Desert Beige
This foundation is my absoloute HOLY GRAIL when it comes to foundation! I've tried countless ones over the years but nothing compares to this one. It gives the skin a matte but not completely dry looking finish. I love that it blends easily and doesn't oxidize, like a lot of foundations unfortunately do. I also like that it provides meditum to full coverage, depending on how much you like or prefer. It's easy to build to your liking. With or without primer it truly lasts all day. The shade range is amazing too, so it makes finding the perfect shade for you easy to do. This foundation is worth every penny it costs and more. If you're looking for a long lasting foundation that doesn't oxidize or leave your skin looking cakey and dry, this is the perfect foundation for you.
Natalie T.
Austin, TX
Review for: Tawny
This is my go to holy grail of foundation! When they say stay in place, what they mean is DOES NOT MOVE OR TRANSFER FROM YOUR FACE TO PHONE SCREENS OR CLOTHING, which is a godsend because no one wants to see their foundation on their phone after using it or on your tissue when you blow your nose. The color is pretty true and does not oxidize or break down throughout the day like some foundations which is important because we all want our foundation to stay the same shade and not need touchups throughout the day. I'm a medium with warm yellow undertones and the variety of shades available is perfect for me. The coverage is full but feels extremely light weight to the point that I have NEVER felt that cakey full coverage feeling on my face which before this foundation I thought was an impossible combination. It doesn't clog my pores since it kind of drys after applying and gives you a matte finish. For a while I was iffy about going matte since dewy looks more natural but this foundation does not dry out my skin as it mattifies and even more, its a matte that seems very natural.   A little bit goes a long way, and a bottle last me around 4-6 months which is great because it is a little on the pricy side. Overall, if you are wanting a full coverage foundation that is lightweight, last all day, and does not transfer, then this is for you!
Jennifer T.
Chicago
Review for: Tawny
I am living for this foundation! This is by far one of the best foundations i've tried so far! i have dry/combo skin and i think this sits beautifully on my skin. Some foundations i have tried in the past make my skin look like I have texture even though I have none. This foundation does not do that! it looks like my skin, but better! it also dries down enough where I feel like i wouldn't even have to set every part of my face. Also, I really like that they digitally matched me to the right shade at Ulta!
Sabrina R.
Review for: Other
I bought this foundation because I was looking for a new med.-full coverage foundation. I just want to say that I am IN LOVE with it and I can't believe it took me so long to try. It is not too thin and not too thick, so easy to blend, and literally seamlessly blends into my skin. It doesn't sit on top of my face like others do it looks nature while being med-full coverage. It is easily buildable and the Dawn shade matches my skin tone perfectly. I also love the sleekness of the bottle. THe only downside is that it doesn't have a pump. I used my old Smashbox foundation pump and it works perfectly, just wish Estee Lauder would add it's own pump instead of having to purchase one separately.
l i.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
Review for: Desert Beige
DO YA SELF A FAVOR AND TRY THIS OUT! I have seen double wear advertised on many platforms BUT  i never gave it a try because to be honest, I hated the packaging AND I thought this was meant for older skin types. I have never been so wrong in my life lol not only is this truly a long wear and full coverage foundation--it does'nt make me break out. Now, let me elaborate-- as long as you take off your makeup and follow a steady skincare routine, this doesn't make you break out. I have always been really skeptical when I hear or read someone say that but the truth is wearing this foundation has no bad effects on me (other than drying because it is a verrrry matte foundation). My biggest issues is the drying aspect--I'll notice it around my nose and my eyes so  its irritating. Due to this reason I did try other foundations that were full coverage, but more hydrating, but I ALWAYS  come back to you Este (due to everything else either breaking me out or not giving me the flawless look at Este does). I do recommend a good primer (I use either Lancome or Tarte poreless primer), a primer water like Smashbox Priming Water, and a dang good moisturizer (I use Belief moisture bomb). I'm continuing to experiment with the different ways this foundation can be worn to showcase its longevity and finish.
Brittany P.
Gretna, LA
Review for: Other
I used this based on reviews I got here, and answers I got to a question I asked here and I am so glad I did! I have combination skin so thought it would make my tzone oily but it didn't at all. It was super cheap too! I love the coverage and that it's so light on my skin, I also love that it didn't make me breakout like other foundations I've tried. It isn't matte, but it isn't dewy either. It's the perfect combination. And it looks just as good by itself as it does with powder over it. I'd 100% buy it again, it's my new favorite foundation. I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a good foundation to buy and wear
Kelsi S.
I have been looking for a new foundation. I was wondering if this turns your face orange? And also how long does it last? What do "you" set it with to make t last longer??
Veronica G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this work for oily skin??
gabriela b.
moreno valley , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
how good is the coverage
Kristal C.
Canoga park , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am currently looking for a new holy grail foundation. I have tried plenty, from drug store to high end and whenever I would type on google's search bar for best foundation for oily skin this would pop out. So is it worth the hype?
Bells M.
What are the pros and cons of this foundation? I've been looking for a good foundation that I can wear daily.