Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

Estēe Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup delivers flawless, 15-hour staying power, and it is natural-looking for carefree coverage. A lightweight, oil-free, and buildable formula, it doesn’t change color, leaving your makeup looking as fresh as when you first applied it.

• What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the estee la...6 Answers
  • Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation Does this found...4 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 145 Answers
Sophie G.
Madison, WI
Review for: Ivory Beige
Before trying this foundation I had been using the  Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation SPF 15 (which I also recommend, however Double Wear is better) and had not switched to another brand in five years. This past summer I started breaking out like crazy and couldn't figure out the cause, so I decided to switch up my skincare products. I tried a number of foundations, including the  Clinique Superbalanced™ Makeup Liquid Foundation (which I despised because it was so dewy that it made every bump and pore appear 5x larger and also gave more light-medium coverage when I needed full) and the  tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 (which I liked, however the coverage was still not where I wanted it to be--definitely medium--and it ended up making my breakouts worse as well). I have no idea why I was sleeping on the  Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation because OH MY GOSH it is amazing! I love semi-matte foundations that are super full coverage and this is it. By the time I started using this my skin was almost clear, however I had a lot of scarring left over. Double Wear completely covers it and it wears so pretty on the skin, my pores and couple of smaller, fading breakouts are barely noticeable. The formula is also FABULOUS! I was so surprised to find it to be so full coverage because the consistency is super lightweight. It barely feels like you have anything on. It also definitely stays in place. I have worn it from 7 am to 11 pm without a primer, needing not much more than a mid day blotting for the smallest bit of oil that came through (I set my makeup with  bareMinerals Mineral Veil . Also, and I know this is bad to do especially having acne-prone skin, I have slept in this makeup before. With this I have had two experiences: either it doesn't budge and looks pretty perfect in the morning, or it comes off super patchy and looks like a spray tan rubbing off (my face is a lot lighter than the rest of my body from tanning and spray tanning, so it looks especially strange when it rubs off). So I know this is a super long-winded review, but I really, really believe in this product and I don't think I will ever switch from this foundation in the future! Great for sensitive skin and people who love a lot of coverage and length of wear!
Erica P.
Morgantown
Review for: Desert Beige
I’m always on the hunt for a foundation that can keep my oily skin at bay. Time and time again, Estée Lauder’s Double Wear Foundation has been recommended as the oily girl’s hero. My local EL counter supplied me with a dram of my shade match in 2N1 Desert Beige to test out at home.

First and foremost, your skincare game better be on point, because Double Wear does not mess around. It is *matte*. It *needs* a well moisturized surface to not automatically cake up and look parched. I slapped it on without much forethought and my skin looked drier than the Prohibition. So if I am wearing Double Wear, I layer moisturizing products to make sure my skin is prepared. It also needs a good primer to keep from settling into pores, my favorite being Estée Lauder’s Illuminating Primer. I’ve applied with a damp blender sponge and with a brush, and I feel I got more flawless results with the sponge. A damp sponge also allowed me to sheer out the product for a more natural look. However, a brush provided much better coverage. The liquid dries down reasonably quickly, and doesn’t need set with powder.

In terms of controlling oil, Double Wear stands alone. I have little to no oil breakthrough in my t-zone, which no other foundation can boast. Some come close, but Double Wear is the sole product to control it outright. However, sometimes it can work a little too well. If I am in a very dry environment, my skin is not as oily as normal, or my skin is not properly prepped, the foundation can get dry, cakey, and flakey. This is exceedingly rare, however, and is usually due to my error in preparation.

When I need a foundation to keep from looking like an oil slick, or to stay put for way longer than would be considered reasonable, I reach for Double Wear. It’s not a daily product in my mind, but definitely the product I’d choose if forced to eschew all other foundations.
Keisha B.
Moundsville
Review for: Other
I use the shade Honey Bronze and i love it. My skin is combination dry so i struggle with finding a foundation that doesn't make me look scaly and after moisturizing good i love using estée lauder double wear. The coverage i like is a heavy medium which is easy to achieve and you can even build it to a full coverage. Sometimes it breaks up a little around my nose but so far every foundation has done that to me and you can't tell much. This foundation stays for hours and hours without budging. This is worth every penny. Yes it's pricey but it's worth it because the foundation outshines all others. a little goes a long way. I recommend using a damp beauty blender with this because it does dry fast but it's amazing. It will last you a while too. Be careful not to use too much or it can get cakey.
Brandy M.
Pelham, AL
Review for: Desert Beige
#GiftCrush #contest @ Influenster I've been crushing on this #@ [product:estée-lauder-double-wear-stay-in-place-foundation] every since I've heard so many great things about its coverage on #@ The Influenster App so I just went to #@ Belk and got a sample bottle to try and I must say I am going back to buy the bottle I love it I'm obsessed with it!! It has the best coverage of any foundation I've tried!! Its a great coverage, has a flawless finish and look and seems to last a long time!! Compared to every other foundation I've tried it's got the best coverage I highly recommend it if you need a medium to full coverage that's build able. ( I received this product for free #@ Belk and am doing this review for a #contest to win a prize on #@ The Influenster App
Hannah S.
Round Rock, TX
Review for: Bone
Let's start off by saying, I don't think this was the right time for me to use this product. My face was all dried out and flakey and painful from another foundation, so this one unfortunately didn't help solve the issue.

Major Pro: I am pale a sin and have rosacea and the color bone blended in SO well. It really was a gorgeous color. If I was going out for the night and wanted full coverage makeup, I'd honestly consider this one. It covered my redness for the whole day. Lauder just makes amazing makeup and products, simple as that.

My Cons:
- It's expensive. $42 for 1 oz. I paid $27 for a similar cinque product (which was the one that my face hated, so I guess that's not a great comparison). I've also paid like $6 for the Maybelline fit me, which matched almost the same, had the same coverage and lasted just as long.
- Even though my face was painfully dry, it made me greasy after only a few hours around my nose.
-It felt heavy. I know I live in Texas and it's hot, so that doesn't help with the whole "feels like it's melting off my face" thing, but it did not feel as light as some other full coverage makeups. It truly felt like I had a mask on my face.

I would recommend this product, especially to someone looking for a good full coverage makeup that has sensitive skin and maybe a hard to match skin tone. In the future, I might look into the new Double Wear nude. It appears to be lighter
Courtney H.
Greencastle, PA
Review for: Desert Beige, Other
This foundation has been a life saver for me. I have really bad discoloration and dark spots due to hormones. They call it pregnancy mask. Most women's go away, but mine only got worse. It makes me very self conscious. I used to be able to wear a tinted moisturizer, or a bb cream and be out the door. Someone suggested this foundation. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want anything heavy and make me look like I had a ton of makeup on.

Needless to say I fell in love after an estee lauder beauty advisor matched me and applied it all over. She sent me home with a sample and told me to test it out. That was a Thursday and on Saturday I was back buying it! Among other double wear products. It's an amazing line. I get so many compliments and get told my makeup looks "natural". I don't think these people realize how much they make my day when being told that!

Here are before and after pictures with NO filters (promise 🤞)! [product:estée-lauder-double-wear-stay-in-place-foundation] [product:estée-lauder-double-wear-stay-in-place-flawless-wear-concealer]
Jordi L.
Review for: Desert Beige
This foundation is my absoloute HOLY GRAIL when it comes to foundation! I've tried countless ones over the years but nothing compares to this one. It gives the skin a matte but not completely dry looking finish. I love that it blends easily and doesn't oxidize, like a lot of foundations unfortunately do. I also like that it provides meditum to full coverage, depending on how much you like or prefer. It's easy to build to your liking. With or without primer it truly lasts all day. The shade range is amazing too, so it makes finding the perfect shade for you easy to do. This foundation is worth every penny it costs and more. If you're looking for a long lasting foundation that doesn't oxidize or leave your skin looking cakey and dry, this is the perfect foundation for you.
Natalie T.
Austin, TX
Review for: Tawny
This is my go to holy grail of foundation! When they say stay in place, what they mean is DOES NOT MOVE OR TRANSFER FROM YOUR FACE TO PHONE SCREENS OR CLOTHING, which is a godsend because no one wants to see their foundation on their phone after using it or on your tissue when you blow your nose. The color is pretty true and does not oxidize or break down throughout the day like some foundations which is important because we all want our foundation to stay the same shade and not need touchups throughout the day. I'm a medium with warm yellow undertones and the variety of shades available is perfect for me. The coverage is full but feels extremely light weight to the point that I have NEVER felt that cakey full coverage feeling on my face which before this foundation I thought was an impossible combination. It doesn't clog my pores since it kind of drys after applying and gives you a matte finish. For a while I was iffy about going matte since dewy looks more natural but this foundation does not dry out my skin as it mattifies and even more, its a matte that seems very natural.   A little bit goes a long way, and a bottle last me around 4-6 months which is great because it is a little on the pricy side. Overall, if you are wanting a full coverage foundation that is lightweight, last all day, and does not transfer, then this is for you!
Jennifer T.
Chicago
Review for: Tawny
I am living for this foundation! This is by far one of the best foundations i've tried so far! i have dry/combo skin and i think this sits beautifully on my skin. Some foundations i have tried in the past make my skin look like I have texture even though I have none. This foundation does not do that! it looks like my skin, but better! it also dries down enough where I feel like i wouldn't even have to set every part of my face. Also, I really like that they digitally matched me to the right shade at Ulta!
Sabrina R.
Review for: Other
I bought this foundation because I was looking for a new med.-full coverage foundation. I just want to say that I am IN LOVE with it and I can't believe it took me so long to try. It is not too thin and not too thick, so easy to blend, and literally seamlessly blends into my skin. It doesn't sit on top of my face like others do it looks nature while being med-full coverage. It is easily buildable and the Dawn shade matches my skin tone perfectly. I also love the sleekness of the bottle. THe only downside is that it doesn't have a pump. I used my old Smashbox foundation pump and it works perfectly, just wish Estee Lauder would add it's own pump instead of having to purchase one separately.
Nou L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's the best method for applying this foundation? Brush, beauty blender/ sponge, fingers, silicone sponge, etc.?
Aleyda S.
Half Moon Bay, CA
I have oily skin 😏 Do you recommend this foundation for my skin?
Nadine N.
Is this foundation suitable for oily skin ?
Mykenzie M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm thinking this will be my next foundation purchases. I've only heard great things about it. Reviews? How are the colors? Where can you buy it. I don't think my Sephora carries it anymore. Thanks.
Jessica T.
Sydney
Looking for a new foundation that will match my fake tan with full coverage. Have only heard good things about Estée Lauder double wear. What are your opinions on the foundation and what is the best way to apply it?