Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017
33 colors available

BY ESTÉE LAUDER #1 in Liquid Foundation

Estēe Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup delivers flawless, 15-hour staying power, and it is natural-looking for carefree coverage. A lightweight, oil-free, and buildable formula, it doesn’t change color, leaving your makeup looking as fresh as when you first applied it.

• Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation Does this foundat...3 Answers
  • What shade do you wear and were you color matched at the estee laud...5 Answers
  • Is this worth money and how much coverage is it? 140 Answers
Q&A (2073)
NICOLE H.
NICOLE H.
Seattle, WA
Foto

Before I begin ranting on about this foundation I will just say this so everyone can see it: CLINIQUE SELLS $2 PUMPS THAT FIT THE BOTTLE FOR DOUBLE WEAR. You ladies can thank me later although I'm unlikely to be the first to discover this ☺
I might be an unusual buyer of this foundation because my skin is neither oily or acne prone. I guess people figure if you have decent skin you'd definitely prefer the ultra lightweight skin-perfecting type of base that are flooding the market these days. I like them and while I do have a few of those in my collection I own this too because every girl needs to have a full coverage foundation in her collection. This is just damn good. I don't care who you are. I wear two shades, 1N1 Ivory Nude and 2N1 Desert Beige. Ivory Nude is a brilliant match for me in my palest state and I have Desert Beige around for when I am indulging the good ol' fake tan. I have to day that Estee Lauder's shade range for this foundation is fantastic, expansive and modern. I wish some other companies like Dior and Chanel would wake up and jump on that bandwagon. That might seem like a snarky dig but I just tried Dior's new reformulated version of their Diorskin Forever foundation and was actually a little appalled to be honest. The color selection reminded me of the unfortunate peachy orange days of the 90's and the coverage has been drastically decreased. They did themselves a big disservice... which is how I ended up with Double Wear. Anyways this stuff has a very pretty soft matte finish and can last through a zombie apocalypse. It's also noticeably less expensive than pretty much every other high end foundation out there. I'd say the biggest challenge with this baby is making sure you get ALL of it off at night or else you risk clogged pores and subsequent breakouts. I also recommend wearing either a silicone or hydrating primer underneath to create a barrier between your skin and this foundation. Another huge plus is that the color you put on your face in the morning will be the same color you see 2, 5, 8, 11 hours later. This stuff doesn't oxidize. What you see is what you get and I love that. No unattractive peachy pink tinge in daylight (unless you select a color from the cool undertone category which leans on the pink side.)
All in all I can't say I'm impressed because everyone knows how amazing this makeup is but I think pretty much everyone can wear it and it's been a staple for so long for a reason.
Sabreena H.
Sabreena H.
Brookings, OR
Oh. My. Gosh. I have tried too many foundations since January. The Estee Lauder Double Wear is my 3rd favorite foundation at this time but it is ny go to for those days when my face is under hormonal attack and I need fuller coverage with lasting finish. I purchased Ecru after being matched on an online foundation matrix which used colirs I already owned and knew matched. The color was a perfect match. After about 5 hours it does settle into some of my deeper lines but that is almost always an issue as you get older and have made some of the same facial expressions too often for your alloted elasticity. One reason it has moved to 3rd in my line up is I have found 2 foundations with matching longevity but less oil throughout the day. For some reason this one can have me blotting up to 3 times in a day. Since I do have an oily t-zone I don't hold SOME oil against a product since it is topical and cannot alter chemistry. The oil issue with this foundation wasn't awful and I would have overlooked it if I had not discovered the Lancome Tient Idol and the Dior Perfect Wear recently. I have an application routine which I use with every brand that includes primer, finishing powder and sprays but apply this with a flat top brush paired with my blending sponge since that seems to create the best finish for me (start with brush then go over with sponge to press in). If you need a full coverage foundation which has long, quality wear this should be at the top of a short list.

**I am actually wearing this foundation in my Influenster profile picture.
Abigail D.
Abigail D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am obsessed with foundation. I've been on a long quest to find one that would be my holy grail. It is a frustrating process to find the formula that works best for you. I remember when I first started using make up years ago, someone gifted me this but it was the wrong shade. Since then, Kat Von D has been my go-to; although it has been more consistent than others, it is still too much for everyday wear sometimes (although I can't bash it too much because it has been there for me during the sweatiest of workouts and the hottest summer days). I recently tried Too Faced's Born This Way because it received so much hype and it was a waste of money. This foundation is the same price and WAY better quality and blendability. I recently returned to this foundation and will never look back. Coverage is buildable and does not look cakey. I've come to the conclusion that all foundations/liquid makeup crease in some capacity, but this barely does! I really don't even need concealer with this foundation, which is awesome because I have fair skin with dark undereye circles and redness in my blemishes. For reference, my skin type is combination: very dry undereye as well as all over yet I still have breakouts somewhat often. This will NOT disappoint. The *one* issue I guess is the packaging -- it doesn't have a pump and you have to shake it out yourself, but that would NEVER deter me from re-purchasing this. I'm in love!!!!
Lola M.
Lola M.
If you are hella oily like the supremes of the supremes of sebum you need this. I am not much of a fan of full coverage foundations but I needed something that was going to last, stay in place and not show my oils and that is exactly what this foundation claims to do. I wore this for my sisters wedding, it went on at around 9am and came of at around 4am yes am and it looked amazing it didn't creep into my smile lines, my blush and contour was still on and on point and although I was sweating my life out on the dance floor my f ace sTAYED ON!!! ! ! And no it doesn't end there because I have the most oily t-zone know to the gods and you know who didn't make an appearance that night ? Thats right. My oils. That day I used the smashbox photofinish primer and the skindinavia oil control setting spray and I thought that was what made it indestructible but after the wedding I used it religiously with and without different primers and rotated with setting sprays and although pairing the foundation with the right primer, setting powder, and spray plays a huge part in how it'll last (as with any foundation), I strongly believe that the foundation itself is a good 80% of the success. It is a full coverage foundation but if you would like to sheer it out just add a drop or two of jojoba oil, it gives a beautiful lighter finish! If you have oily skin and/or acne prone I really recommend this foundation.
Cristina m.
Cristina m.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have very oily skin - as in on the extreme as you can get side. Even with this foundation, the oil does come out - this foundation is made to prevent that - if you have normal to oily skin it probably does. However, if your skin is on the extreme side of oily, it will cause this foundation to look "muddied" and "greasy" after a few hours... in my opinion, the fact this is a thick full coverage foundation makes it look worse when a lot of oil comes through. This can be controlled using blotting papers and a translucent mattifying powder.

Lastly, this product does not look as good applied with your fingers as a brush. I prefer to use my fingers as brushes waste product and you have to clean them... but when I use my fingers with this, it never blends right and that shows. So you will want to use a good quality foundation brush for flawless application and blending. When done right, this product is almost "painted" and "sealed" over top of the face giving a flawless complexion airbrushed look... but it takes some work.

In summary, this is an awesome foundation. It will cover up acne scars, large pores or uneven skin tone with no problem. However, it takes a little work to learn to apply correctly and is not a "quick" make up cosmetic. I use mine for certain occasions when I want my skin to look great - but this is not my every day go-to foundation. Hope I helped <3
Annie C.
Annie C.
I really love this foundation, I think even more than my Lancôme one. There are so many great qualities with this foundation and of course there a couple of cons. The price on this one is a lot better than the Lancôme one, about $10 less, which in the long run it is a big deal lol. I have been using is for about two weeks non stop, so I can get a pretty good idea of how much I will like this one.

Pros of this foundation:
1. Long lasting wear
2. Medium to full coverage
3. Leaves a matte finish, in my skin it does
4. Great for oily skin
5. Color variation is great
6. Doesn't irritate my skin, hasn't caused any breakouts
7. Very little transfer of makeup

Cons:
1. Dries quick so it makes it hard to build up
2. Doesn't come with a pump ( I bought a pump from MAC and fits perfectly)

Overall thoughts, my favorite foundation! I would still say my Lancôme one is more of a full coverage. This one is still a full coverage, but you have to use a little more product to get it to a full affect. I only blot once all day and I wear it for at least 10 hrs everyday and looks great. The formula is liquidly, but still gives you great coverage. I typically use my sigma F80 brush to apply it for a full coverage look and my real techniques sponge for more of a medium coverage.
Samantha A.
Samantha A.
Holly Hill, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
My favorite foundation of ALLLLL time! Seriously! I purchased this foundation a few months ago from Sephora.com and I have sensitive combination skin (oily tzone/normal cheek area) that is also acne prone. I've been battling acne and acne scars for years now. This is the only foundation I have found that not only matches my skin tone perfectly, but also is long wearing on my oily areas and covers any redness from my acne as well as my acne scars. I usually have trouble finding a good foundation that matches my skin tone. It is full coverage and still buildable for those areas that need a little extra coverage. This is my holy grail foundation and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It lasts a long time, at least 8 hours, in my case. It's semi-matte, so if you want a more dewy finish, just add an illuminating primer to it. (Which is what I do hehe). It does not budge, even in the humidity and heat here in Florida that makes you sweat like crazy! I love it and if you're like me, then I definitely suggest trying this foundation. Actually, no matter who you are, I suggest you try this foundation! IT. IS. AMAZING!
Danelle M.
Danelle M.
Littleton, Co
Beauty Junkie Expert
AMAZING MEDIUM TO FULL COVERAGE MATTE FOUNDATION WITH INCREDIBLE SHADE RANGE! I used to use MAC Studio Fix and then switched to Nars. Neither were giving me that flawless skin (without suffocating it and making it go nuts) I tired this based on good reviews. I have combo skin, fairly oily T Zone and this foundation does not budge. From 7 am to 11-12 PM at night it looks great! Lasting through work and going out with friends. My skin doesn't feel like it's suffering either! Foundation comes off nicely with makeup remover wipes.
The only negative is that it does not come with a pump. I purchased a $10 MAC pump which fits perfectly. I also heard you can get a cheaper pump from clinique.
For reference I got Desert Beige. I am usually a NC20 in MAC and was Deauville in the Nars All Day foundation.
I get minor breakouts, a few zits here and there at times, I have some little forehead wrinkles and decent sized pores. My skin looks FLAWLESS in this foundation!!

I set it with a light translucent powder (by Clinique- THE BEST!)
Emily S.
Emily S.
Philadelphia, PA
I just purchased this foundation last week and I am in love with it. I have been on the hunt for my holy grail, go to foundation for a while now and I feel that I have finally found it! I would say i have oily/combination skin. I apply it with a damp beauty blender. I wouldn't say that it is matte, it definitely looks to have more a satin/natural finish. Its medium to full coverage and builds nicely. It holds up great throughout the day. I think it looks like you're wearing makeup, but not in an unflattering way.. More of a "you look flawless" kind of way. I can truly see what all of the hype is about. If you are looking to try a new foundation, I would highly recommend this one! Also, I was at first intimidated by the wide shade selection. When I went to the counter and color matched myself with the help of the consultant, I was pleased to see that there were several shades that I could probably get away with- just in case you were as overwhelmed as me or were trying to order online!
Nadia S.
Nadia S.
Queens Vlg, NY
Review for: 5N1 Rich Ginger
For someone who has oily skin, texture, and hyperpigmentation, this foundation works great. It covers my dark spots and it goes over my texture without making me look too cakey. At first when I was putting this foundation on, I was very skeptical about the coverage because the consistency is a bit watery, however I've found that it does give coverage but the consistency makes it a very lightweight foundation (it doesn't feel heavy on my face) or it doesn't feel like I have a ton of product on. The light consistency also makes it that you can build it up for super maximum coverage. One problem that I have encountered is that the finish of this foundation is natural which for my overly oily face means it's more dewy than I would like. So for someone like me with SUPER oily skin (not slightly oily), all you really have to do is set your foundation or use a mattifying primer. This foundation is a bit pricey (for me at least) so I'd recommend you try to get your hands on a sample first!
Brittany H.
Brittany H.
Southington, OH
Is this worth money and how much coverage is it?
Sarah A.
Sarah A.
Chaska, MN
Does this foundation cover really good?
Brooke N.
Brooke N.
Could this foundation make your face look dry for someone that has combination skin? Does this foundation look natural on the skin when you look up close?
Heather P.
Heather P.
Tallahassee, FL
Is this worth the price? does it come in fair?
Christina S.
Christina S.
Duluth, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is it just this one from Estee Lauder that you like/dislike or do you like their other ones? And If you dislike it what do you recommend?