BY ESTÉE LAUDER

12-hour wear. Natural-looking. Long-wearing.

This soothing liquid-creme makeup is designed to camouflage all skin imperfections, including surgical and acne scars, tattoos, birthmarks, sun spots and varicose veins. Helps protect with SPF 15.

Becky S.
I stumbled upon this several years ago by accidental when I realized I left most of my makeup at home while visiting my grandma.
I didnt think that there was a chance our skin would react positively to the same product formulation AND shade but it did...and still does!
If that doesn't say it all, I dont know what else does. What I mean is it worked for two different women, one 28 and the other 78 years old.
This is definitely a full coverage formula; I've actually heard people dub their "second skin" product. I have a lighter skin tone with mostly neutral undertones and shade 03Vanilla is normally what works for me. I often thin it out and lighten it up (colour and texture) with NYX Total Control Drop Foundation , ironically by the same name; Vanilla.
It will last all day, a little goes a long way and the price point is pretty high. I dont think I've ever seen it on sale either (another reason why I mix it with a different product).

***I've found the best way to apply and blend this is to use a brush like IT Brushes For ULTA Airbrush Blurring Foundation Brush #101 , a blender sponge or even your fingers...just dont try a flat foundation brush without expecting some frustration..unless you're a pro- but you wouldn't be reading this if that's the case :) Cheers!
Jennifer W.
Hawarden, IA
Review for: 01 Ivory more...
For those days when your medium-full coverage go-to isn't getting the job done, this is the best for maximum full coverage that I've come across so far! I had no luck with Dermacol (and beginning to think that I may have been duped on a knockoff because of how much that one does NOT work for me) so I returned to this one for the times when my adult acne issues flare up. It's a life saver! I have finger tattoos and this covers them up nicely as well. I will say that I wish they would come out with more shade options as the Ivory is still a bit off on my fair skin, but I've tagged teamed it with the regular EL DW in the shade that matches me best to get the coloration I've after. ***Use a light hand on this one ladies and gents!*** A little goes a LONG way and using too much can definitely cause creases and cakeiness, but I'm eager to re-stock so I can put my new Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Brush on my Mia2 to work and see how it turns out when paired with this foundation. If you have blemishes, acne scars, dark spots, etc give this a try! Pro Tip - Nordstrom sells it with free shipping & free returns, so if it's not what you're after once you've tried it you can return without issue.
Tonya W.
Review for: Other more...
If you have normal skin and need very full coverage then this foundation is for you. I bought this to cover my hyper pigmentation and it does the job but can feel heavy on my dry skin. I find it works better if I mix it with a dewy foundation or a moisturizer. It will cling to dry patches regardless so I always make sure to exfoliate and moisturize my skin very well if I know I’m going to be wearing this foundation. I only gave it 3 stars because the shade range is horrible and I have never found a good match.
member-41064
Review for: 2W2 Rattan more...
I bought this one because my all time favorite Estée Lauder Double Wear was not available in my color. I bought the color 2w2 rattan which is my color in ELDW. At home I realized the colors are different. It’s darker and more orange. The good thing is it has a really good coverage. The downsides are: it does not look natural and really looks like you’re wearing a mask. But this might be because of the color. I watched on YouTube a review by Wayne Goss and he recommends to mix it with Mac strobe cream. This gave a nice glowy look, but I prefer a matte finish. Another problem is that it’s hard to blend, you have to work quickly. It is not as long lasting as ELDW and after 3-4 hours my skin got really oily. Definitely going back to ELDW.
Christina L.
Southgate, MI
Review for: 3C4 Medium/Deep more...
I’m in my late 30’s. I have all sorts of blemishes, including the worst kind to conceal...dark acne scars, malasma, dark circles under eyes, etc...Agh!!! But this my pretties, this foundation is the holy grail of all mid-high end foundations I have tried, and my pretties, this girl has tried on more than she can count! 😔 if you have oily skin or combo skin I highly recommend it, if your skin is dry, I would say to maybe try a moisturizer before applying. It beats out Estée Lauder Double Wear original foundation, Becca’s Ultimate Coverage foundation, Kat Von D’s Lock it and Dermacol concealer, and those were my faves until I found the mama of all mamas!!!  If you have dark acne scars, you can thank me later!!!  Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup for Face and Body SPF 15
Stephanie O.
Tiffin, OH
Review for: 2N1 Desert Beige more...
I got this on sale at an elder beerman going out of business sale. It’s a very matte finish. The coverage is unbelievable! But I found it hard to work with. I applied it with my hands and then attempted to blend it with a damp real techniques sponge. It wouldn’t budge, so I had to add some other foundation on top of it to get it to blend in.
Bridget M.
Bothell, WA
Review for: 01 Ivory more...
This is a full coverage concealer, however I use just a dab to brighten up my under eye area and I place tiny specks on any imperfections on my face. It blends amazing, last all day as long as I set it with a pressed or loose powder. I have combination yet sensitive skin and every other face make up I try (even other foundations/concealers from Estée Lauder) cause my skin to go haywire. On numerous occasions I've tried cheaper products and way more expensive products, only to return to this staple beauty product in the end. It's amazing! So amazing that this is the first time I'm taking the time to write a review (even though I've used this product for years..lol..I know, how selfish for me to keep this juicy chunk of knowledge to myself for so long). Keep in mind that only need a VERY small amount because a little goes a LONG LONG way.
Kim K.
Alpharetta, GA
Review for: 2N1 Desert Beige more...
This is one of favorite foundations of all time. I have combo skin and my skin LOVES this stuff. It’s so full coverage, you need the finest amount to cover your full face! It last crazy well and I love mixing this in with other products and on its own. It does have a satin matte finish so if that’s not your thing, I don’t think this is for you. Just amazing.
Kyleigh L.
Uniontown, OH
i am OBSESSED with this foundation. I am a full coverage girl with some pretty severe oily skin. I can put this on in the mornings before i start my day, and have to make minimum touch up and if i do its only a little bit of blotting. I did learn the hard way that this needs to be washed off every night, since it is full coverage it can clog pores.
kristina r.
Bloomington, IN
Review for: 1C1 Cool Bone more...
Well if you’re looking for super high coverage this is it. But unfortunately it is Cakey and settles in fine lines so bad and I’m only 23. It easily aged me years and that was a terrible look I couldn’t wait to wipe it off. I would recommend concealing what you want concealed and then building up coverage with the double wear original formula
Beatriz S.
I have been searching for a new makeup base! And I've heard good reviews on this, how is it? I need it maximum coverage because my skin has many imperfections. If anyone could answer me. Thanks
Brittany S.
Crowley , TX
What's the coverage really like on this? Completely full or medium coverage? What's the finish like?
Maria Fernanda A.
Maracaibo
What is your high coverage favorite foundation? MINE isssssss.... Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup for Face and Body SPF 15
Heather N.
How full coverage is this and is it matte? Also does it work better with their primer or can I use what I have?
Brittany B.
Jennings, FL
Is this good? Does it last all day?

back