Essie skinny dip

light peach pink with a slight hint of black (sheer)

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Essie skinny dip!
Danielle M.
Essie skinny dip uploaded by Danielle M.
Purchased at: Walgreens
I love this color (*even though I realized after purchasing it that it is very similar to Essie’s Ballet Slippers, which I already own). It applies evenly and neatly and the time from application to chipping is about average. I did need probably four-five coats to achieve good color payoff, but I’ve come to realize that seems to be more of the rule, not an exception when working with very light-colored nail shades. Nonetheless, this color is one that is a neutral in the realm of “your nail tone, but better.” It goes with any look and gives an extra bit of polish and sophistication.
Noelia R.
Caldwell, ID
Essie skinny dip uploaded by Noelia R.
Essie skinny dip uploaded by Noelia R.
Purchased at: Kohl's
(Don’t mind my messy paint job🤣). I love painting my nails and Essie will always be my go to brand. The reason for 4 stars is with this color there was a bit of streaking other than that I definitely recommend. Color posted is “You’re a catch” couldn’t find.
Sidney M.
San Francisco
Essie skinny dip uploaded by Sidney M.
I love this polish it’s perfect as a base coat for nail art looks or french dips! It has more pigment than some of their other shades but it’s still quite natural looking. Like most Essie polishes the wear is great. I’m wearing it as the base in my photo.
Jessica L.
Jacksonville Beach, FL
Purchased at: Walgreens
Perfect natural and versatile clear/pink shade. High shine, smooth even finish and long lasting. All it takes is one thick coat on finger and toe nails for a naturally pretty look. Doesn't chip, lasts for literally months. Bonus: Essie excludes harmful chemicals found in other nail polishes.
Kareemma H.
Valley Stream, NY
This is my go to nail polish. I don’t like bright colored nails this gives just the right hint of pink that I like. It looks completely natural but not like you only have clear nail polish on. I would recommend this when you want a cute natural look.
Karin Joy R.
Silver Spring, MD
Essie skinny dip uploaded by Karin Joy R.
Essie skinny dip uploaded by Karin Joy R.
Purchased at: Walgreens
A #quarantine favorite now that the nail salons are closed. The color is a sheer nude that complements my dark skin tone. The polish is easy to apply and dries evenly. My polish ritual is as follows: I apply two coats of Sally Hansen Advanced Hard as Nails® to my bare nails. I let each coat dry down. Then, I apply three coats of Essie Skinny Dip. I let each coat dry down. Finally, top my nails with one coat of Essie gel setter top coat. This may sound like a long ritual. But I got time!
Heather S.
Madison, AL
I love the color of this product but the only bad thing is that it always looks streaky when I put it on, even if I use a base coat.
Valarie S.
Eagle, ID
I got this  Essie skinny dip on sale at my local Sally Beauty Supply so I decided to give it a try.  It is a really nice everyday shade.  The brand is a very nice quality brand that I had not tried before and very glad I did.  I did not have to use more than 2 coats to get the color I wanted.  Left a nice smooth coat, no streaks and can't wait to try another color.
Brittany  D.
Spring Hill, FL
I love this polish!! This is the color I use when I do my own french manicures. Its easy to apply and lasts a while.
Alyssa H.
Cincinnati, OH
Such a perfect, pretty nude color. Like a very light pink hue to it. I love this for a classy, polished look on my nails. It’s lasted as long as 8 days without a chip, too!

Looking for your answer?