BY ESSIE #12 in Nail Polish Base Coats

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Ridge Filling Base Coat - Gives natural nails with ridges or discoloration a smooth, even base. Its ingredients leave a translucent finish, the perfect base for manicures. - Ridge Filling Base Coat see more...

Buy on ULTA
Erica F.
Dublin, OH
This was first "higher end" base coat I ever purchased. It worked well for awhile. It does tend to get sticky quickly, and eventually, it gobs up and is unusable. I've found better products that work much better now.
Angela O.
Lutz, FL
Love this ridge filler. It really does disguise disco.orations on the nail bed. It fills in lumps and ridges that I got from using acrylic nails in the past. It creates a much smoothr foundation for polish and yields a much more professional look.
Gabriela A.
Atlanta
This is just okay, I feel like I've used other bases that do a great job of filling ridges and also helps the nail polish LAST. I use gelous base/top coat and not only is it cheaper but makes your polish last so much longer. I won't be re-purchasing it.
liatt c.
S San Fran, CA
I love all things essie. This ridge filler is amazing. It goes on easy and dries quickly. It really helps make the nail color go on smooth and even. I have used the OPI brand, but this one is way better. I would totally recommend the purchase of this item.
Noelle B.
hartford, CT
This base coat is just okay I don't find it really makes a difference in my polish application. I purchased it at tj maxx for a discounted price so I am not upset about it it just doesn't make a real difference.
Emily J.
Brooklyn, NY
Quick drying formula means I can put on a coat in the morning and still be out the door in no time. I only use it without polish and it makes my nails shiny and strong. So far, no splitting or peeling even though I've been working with chemicals this week, specifically water based paints and various household cleaning products. The shine remained even after I peeled latex paint off my nails. Impressive!
Pamela H.
Muskogee , OK
Nice base coat that works surprisingly well in my opinion! I use mostly Essie with it comes to my nail care needs so I’d definitely recommend.
Amelia S.
It works nicely as a ridge filler but I'm not fond of the color. I also feel that it takes a few tries because it has an interesting consistency to get used to.
Bryanna P.
Saint Louis, MO

I have deep ridges on my nails and I like how it fills in the ridges and makes my nail polish look great. Recommend to others that have ridges. I love it!
Melissa T.
The ridge filling base coat is super helpful if you have uneven nails and its barely noticeable after you put it on. Just be sure to let it dry enough!

back