BY ESSIE #3 in Nail Polish

America’s nail salon expert since 1981, essie was founded in New York City by Essie Weingarten. essie is beloved for its visionary approach to nail lacquer featuring catchy, clever names that created a new standard for the category. A leader in luxury, essie is the go-to nail brand for beauty professionals, industry insiders, celebrities and women of style in over 100 countries. As the colour authority, essie is center stage on runways around the world from New York to Paris. essie offers highly-anticipated colour collections, exclusively curated by the brand’s Global Colour Designer, Rebecca Minkoff. essie is committed to safe standards with an award-winning line of nail care products and more than 900 shades to date.

Caitlin A.
Caitlin A.
Beaumont, TX
Review for: Pinks Off The Shoulder
I really did not want to give this such a poor review, since it has so many other fabulous reviews, but I was just really not happy with this nail polish. First of all, it's about $8 per bottle which is insane, because you can get Maybelline's nail polish (which is my favorite brand and they're amazing) for $4-$6 or sally hansen/OPI for around the same price if not cheaper. Everyone I know uses Essie and I always hear about how amazing it is. I finally got around to buying some, and ended up buying a few bottles just because of how high reviews it got. BIG mistake. Maybe it's just this color in particular (I have yet to try the others) but I was NOT impressed. The pigment and coverage wasn't what I expected for double what I normally pay for nail polish. After ONE day it was already chipping. I expected so much more from such an expensive product. The color was pretty, but I can find a dupe in another brand that will actually stay on my nails. Maybe I had a bad bottle, because the rest of the reviews leave nothing but phenomenal words. I will give it one more go with a different bottle and see if it works out! But for me, it wasn't worth the price point.
FELIX M.
FELIX M.
Review for: 1180 Playing Koi
I'm really happy with this polish. Below are the facts.

Firstly, Essie Licorice is a very true black, and by that, I mean it's the kind of black that is very obviously black. For the purpose of this review, let's forget the whole "black's not a color, it's a shade" routine. There are many different shades of black, some being blue-, green-, yellow-, and red-based. So sometimes, you might view a black thing as dark navy blue or dark brown, charcoal, dark burgundy, deep hunter green, etc. Essie Licorice doesn't have that problem. You'll know it's genuine, honest black as soon as the 2nd coat is on (the 1st coat will appear brown, but only because this polish needs 2 coats to achieve full opaqueness). To me, the truest black is yellow-based black. A yellow undertone only makes black blacker, with no hint of any other color, whereas any other color-based black will just over-power the black and turn it into whatever color the undertone is. That’s why sometimes black things appear a dark blue, brown, charcoal, green, burgundy, etc. Endless story short, Essie Licorice is yellow-based, and it’s good.
Abby G.
Abby G.
Racine , WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this nail polish so much it is honestly the best around ! I love this stuff because not only does it come in many beautiful colors but it also comes in mini and big bottles ! But besides that you can buy it in sets to ! I usually buy the sets because they seem to be cheaper I would say the only down side about this brand is it is more costly . That is why I will not buy it normal priced. Now since I do not usually wear nail polish a lot I tend to buy the mini bottles because they work out perfect for me (: but I do still buy the big bottles to ! And honestly this stuff last ! I use to do gel polish because I thought that stuff was great by in all honestly Essie out last gel . Places you can buy this at is Walmart Walgreens Tjmaxx shopko ulta etc. I just wanted to tell you my thoughts to make sure you knew truly how this product worked . Now please do me a favor and if you found this helpful please vote it helpful (:
Taylor G.
Taylor G.
Fargo, ND
The color is really pretty. It is a perfect nude shade that has a slight warm, pinky tone. I do have to say that it was a bit difficult to apply. It's kind of streaky and the brush is super tiny. The formula also dries fairly quickly, so it makes it difficult when trying to push the product around smoothly. It is also a very sheer color which means that multiple coats are needed in order to get the color opaque. The finish is really nice. It's smooth and it doesn't feel like my nails are still wet like I have experienced with other nail polish brands. I do think Essie is a bit over priced. $8.50 is quite high, especially since it is just nail polish and I can find cheaper nail polishes with similar in quality. With that said, I really wanted this color and couldn't find a shade similar so I went ahead and bought it. I do really like what my nails look and feel like.
Caroline S.
Caroline S.
Review for: cocktails & coconuts
I decided to try this product as I was looking for a pale white-ish pink. Cabi-o-lait is certainly a pale pink, but it has more cream, rather than white undertones, which prevents it from looking chalky and too harsh. It has a milky look about it, but it is still definitely pink, kind of giving it the colour of a strawberry milkshake! This polish is semi-sheer, and after three coats you can barely see your white tips underneath. Cabi-o-lait is also a cream polish, so has absolutely no shimmer in it. It is nice and shiny, but not quite as glossy as some Essie polishes I have tried. I had no problems with streaking and found it to last well (approx. 4 days), as all Essie's seem to on my nails. I may re-purchase this colour if I ever run out, but would like to try and find a pale pink with slightly whiter undertones than this, although that is just personal preference.
Manda H.
Manda H.
Papillion, NE
Review for: Garden Variety
My daughter picked this one out for me at Target this week. This was my first Essie purchase. The color saturation is on point. I found it to be less viscous than my usual gotos of OPI & China Glaze. I applied two thin coats to my left hand; two thicker coats to my right. I topped both with one coat of my staple Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. there was not a noticeable difference in coverage, so a little polish will go a long way. I did note that even after waiting 2 minutes to apply my top coat, a bit of the Essie came up on my applicator. I countered by applying a bit more quickly, and it did not appear to effect the saturation of my manicure. Overall. it appears to be a good value for the price, and the colours are fashionable. We will be getting additional colors. -1 star for the lifting and viscosity, but loving it otherwise.
Nora B.
Nora B.
Arlington, VA
Okay I'll give you the low down on this product. Run. Run far away. I'm giving it one star because all the colors are BEAUTIFUL. I wish, wish, wish the quality of the product was as great as the color selection. But alas, it sucks. This nail polish always smears and smushs, even when you wait a long enough time and dry it. I waited two hours after finishing painting my nails (bottom, two coats color, two coats top) before I went pee. And the second I tried to pull down my pants, my NAILS SMUDGED. This was TWO HOURS after painting my nails. And I've continually had really terrible experiences in terms of the nails staying nice. I think the longest might have been three days.

For the price? It should be better quality. I'm no longer an Essie customer. But I'll stare longingly at the color choices from across the isle.
Daniella C.
Daniella C.
What happens when your nails look horrible? Essie to the rescue! Now I know what might come to mind... Yes, they are expensive for one bottle of nail polish, but here are some reasons why they are TOTALLY worth it! The bristles of the nail polish are a life-saver. Once you begin painting, there are no surprises! So that means no paint getting on your cuticles! The brush is designed to work with you. Thank God. Also, once you shake the bottle, no sticky polish! Don't you hate when you buy a new nail polish & once you open it up, everything is all gooey & just "ew"? Yeah, I definitely know that feeling. Essie is an amazing product that I recommend to anyone who wants nails that look like you just came from the salon! Also, we all can agree that the polish itself is super cute! What's more to love? 😍
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
I am obsessed with Essie nail polish and I really love how they are always trying to improve their products especially formula wise. It's been really noticeable that they have upped their game too because the last several seasonal launches have been gorgeous as well as the new couture gel line. I like how they listen to their consumers and really stay up to date with the latest trends in fashion as well as the popular color palettes. As for the fall 2016 collection, this is definitely one that I'm already in the midst of buying, the colors are so unique and have been chosen by one of my favorite designers, Rebecca minkoff. You really can't go wrong when she's picking the palette, so if you love Essie, check out their new fall collection 'Japanese if you must.'
Mariee C.
Mariee C.
Winnsboro, SC
Review for: lilacism
I absolutely love this nail polish! It's drys fairly quickly and hardly chips. I've been wearing the same color for a week (without a top coat) and only one nail has a small chip. The only thing I noticed was if you wear it for long without a top coat, it does start to crack but you can hardly notice it. I'd say that's a lot better than chipping. The brush does take some getting used to since the handle is short and the brush is pretty thin. When you start putting it on, it does start out streaky but once I put 3-4 coats, there are no more streaks. The polish is pretty thin, so that might explain why it drys so quickly compared to other polishes like OPI and China Glaze. Plus Essie has TONS of colors to chose from!
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Never tried ant Essie brands, are they worth all the hype?
christine f.
christine f.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How many coats does this need for the color to show up well? Essie is a pricier nail Polish, so just want to make sure before I purchase. Thanks in advance😊
dalia a.
dalia a.
sydney
Does essie have good pastel nail colors?
Katelynn M.
Katelynn M.
I have been looking for this color, who would carry this color? I hate to order it online & can't seem to find it in stores.
Madi A.
Madi A.
Does this nail polish require a lot of coats to be pigmented?