BY ESSIE

America’s nail salon expert since 1981, essie was founded in New York City by Essie Weingarten. essie is beloved for its visionary approach to nail lacquer featuring catchy, clever names that created a new standard for the category. A leader in luxury, essie is the go-to nail brand for beauty professionals, industry insiders, celebrities and women of style in over 100 countries. As the colour authority, essie is center stage on runways around the world from New York to Paris. essie offers highly-anticipated colour collections, exclusively curated by the brand’s Global Colour Designer, Rebecca Minkoff. essie is committed to safe standards with an award-winning line of nail care products and more than 900 shades to date.

Hannah Z.
Cincinnati
Essie is my favorite nail polish brand. While I think OPI has a strong hold on the market, Essie is definitely coming for their market. I can find more colors of Essie polishes that I truly love and want to buy over any other nail polish brand. My favorite of all time is Chinchilly -- I have bought this shade 3 times and used each and every bottle completely. My favorite light pink form Essie is Van D'go. Then my favorite darker purple is Velvet Voyage. I think everyone can enjoy Essie polish.
ashlee w.
Review for: mint candy apple more...
I had very high hopes for the Essie brand being as many of my friends have suggested it to me. The other day I heard even the Queen wears this particular brand in the color Ballerina Shoes. I had just recently cleaned out all my old polishes and finally was in the market for a few new colors. Essie! I had thought, should be the brand I try next since I had been hearing such great remarks on it. In a local drugstore I stood for what felt like forever, gazing at the vast array of colors I had to choose from. I settled on Mint Candy Apple, recently deciding I needed to try colors that weren't black or red. Applying was a cinch, the color rich in pigment and only needed two coats. I used my favorite top coat and with my new manicure was ready to get my day started. Not even two hours and I already had a few chips. How strange, I hadn't being doing anything that would cause this! By the end of the day my new nails looked like I had painted them a week ago ;( I went back and tried a few more colors thinking this was just a bad color, but sadly something in their formula causes the polish to chip incredibly bad on me.
Amanda O.
stillwater, ok
Purchased at: Walmart
I love Essie nail polish! The Essie brand makes it look very professional looking. It is a bit more pricey than others but it is the best brand so far that I love. It stays on for awhile, but it stays on longer if you use a top coat. They also have very fun colors! I love all of Essie's nail polishes!! They are expensive but definitely worth the money. It stays on for awhile and looks very professional. Love Essie!
Kate D.
Lutz, FL
Review for: mademoiselle more...
Essie consistently has the best color selection of any drugstore or salon polish. The trouble is how frequently their polishes are sheer, requiring many coats to show up at all, and even worse, how easily they chip. I have never applied an Essie polish that has lasted longer than 24 hours, despite using quality top coats and not doing anything too intense with my hands. They are time intensive to apply due to how sheer they are, and while I keep getting sucked in because I love the color of the bottle, it only ever takes one application for me to remember that I should have stuck with OPI.

I wish Essie would update its formula - the colors are beautiful! It's always a disappointment to be unable to actually get the same color onto my nail, and even worse to watch it get ruined in a matter of hours.
Jackie H.
Review for: petal pushers more...
I had an itch for a grey colored nail polish that was more on the bluer side. Im so happy that Petal Pushers easily popped up on my Google search because I became instantly obsessed with the color after ! I was on a HUNT for this color in stores. After not finding it in my local CVS and Walgreens, I purchased it on Target since I had a coupon :)

I think this color is PERFECT for the fall! I'm normally a warm-toned nail polish wearer, but I think this looks absolutely beautiful on the nails.

Essie's polish formula is a hit or miss at times, but this polish is definitely a hit. Goes on super smooth, not streaky, opaque in two coats, and wears great ! I use Health Hoof Lacquer Top Coat atop this nail polish and it holds up just the same as other polishes. That's good considering I pick at my nails, am always drying them out with hand sanitizer, wash my hands frequently, and don't really care to "preserve" my manicure.

All in all, DEFINITELY pick up this nail polish if you're looking for a grey/blueish toned polish :) I'll be wearing this color all year around when I want to give myself a change from my normal nude colors.
Terri P.
Savannah, GA
Review for: ballet slippers more...
This Essie Nail Color Polish - Ballet Slippers  is the BEST Essie Nail Color Polish - Ballet Slippers nail polish I have ever used -- and I'm 57 years old.  It goes on smoothly and evenly.  It last without cracking and peeling for over a week.  I use two coats with no sealer.  I shower, wash dishes, clean, and still no chips.
The price is medium range:  I paid $6 for mine.
BALLET SLIPPERS is lovely light pink, delicate, and very feminine. It's perfect for young girls, bridesmaids, brides, appropriate for Church and formal gatherings.
Kim M.
I've tried a million different nail polishes and Essie polishes fall more or less in the middle. They are okay, but nothing special. The formula tends to be quite thin meaning I have to use 3-4 coats for opacity and they tend to chip sooner than others. I usually only buy Essie if there is a unique color I have to have. The brush is just a basic round polish brush which I don't like, I really prefer the paddle shapes. The price seems a bit high for what it is and I think they should be closer in price to China Glaze than OPI. Everyone has their preferences when it comes to polish so you might like these but my favorite ones are Marc Jacobs Beauty, Revlon colorstay gel, and Deborah Lippmann.
Kaleigh N.
Pascagoula, MS
Review for: find me an oasis more...
Really liking this color! Its a subtle, bluish white when it is applied. Its really a sort of neutral, which I love. I apply it over a white base coat to make the color really pop. I have used it several times and I would recommend it for a pastel, subtle color!
sarah o.
Review for: going incognito, truth or flare, going guru, cocktail bling, mint candy apple, go ginza, mojito madness, fashion playground, bikini so teeny, sunday funday, blossom dandy, resort fling, udon know me, first timer more...
These are ideal for those who have small nails or if you're doing nail design since the brushes are very thin. I prefer OPI's medium sized brushes since I have large nails but Essie has some cool colors that I couldn't resist :) Usually I purchase these nail polish goodies online through either Ulta or Target. In my collection I own several shades and I use them throughout the year. Some are timeless seasonal colors so it's easy to reach for them. On my nails they last for about 7-8 days. I apply a sticky base coat then 2 coats of Essie polish and finally a quick-dry top coat. Even though I prefer OPI, Essie is a nostalgic brand which I'll continue to appreciate.
Gina C.
Stephens City , VA
Purchased at: Target
This Product is AMAZING! ok I have to give it to ESSIE. Besides the OPI brand ESSIE is my TOP favorite nail polish brand and I’ve been using it for years. The color options to the quality is just amazing. I definitely would recommend purchasing their brand!
Ashley R.
Never tried ant Essie brands, are they worth all the hype?
christine f.
Palm Harbor, FL
How many coats does this need for the color to show up well? Essie is a pricier nail Polish, so just want to make sure before I purchase. Thanks in advance😊
dalia a.
sydney
Does essie have good pastel nail colors?
Katelynn M.
I have been looking for this color, who would carry this color? I hate to order it online & can't seem to find it in stores.
Madi A.
Does this nail polish require a lot of coats to be pigmented?