BY ESSIE #9 in Nail Polish

America’s nail salon expert since 1981, essie was founded in New York City by Essie Weingarten. essie is beloved for its visionary approach to nail lacquer featuring catchy, clever names that created a new standard for the category. A leader in luxury, essie is the go-to nail brand for beauty professionals, industry insiders, celebrities and women of style in over 100 countries. As the colour authority, essie is center stage on runways around the world from New York to Paris. essie offers highly-anticipated colour collections, exclusively curated by the brand’s Global Colour Designer, Rebecca Minkoff. essie is committed to safe standards with an award-winning line of nail care products and more than 900 shades to date.

ashlee w.
Review for: mint candy apple more...
I had very high hopes for the Essie brand being as many of my friends have suggested it to me. The other day I heard even the Queen wears this particular brand in the color Ballerina Shoes. I had just recently cleaned out all my old polishes and finally was in the market for a few new colors. Essie! I had thought, should be the brand I try next since I had been hearing such great remarks on it. In a local drugstore I stood for what felt like forever, gazing at the vast array of colors I had to choose from. I settled on Mint Candy Apple, recently deciding I needed to try colors that weren't black or red. Applying was a cinch, the color rich in pigment and only needed two coats. I used my favorite top coat and with my new manicure was ready to get my day started. Not even two hours and I already had a few chips. How strange, I hadn't being doing anything that would cause this! By the end of the day my new nails looked like I had painted them a week ago ;( I went back and tried a few more colors thinking this was just a bad color, but sadly something in their formula causes the polish to chip incredibly bad on me.
Janine M.
Review for: topless & barefoot, ballet slippers, nude beach more...
Essie is an excellent brand of nail polish.  I use Essie for the lighter more natural colors.  The ballet slippers color and many other light pinks and beige colors are always sophisticated and give my nails a good finished look when I want a more natural look.  The only downside to Essie is that I don't really like the smallish size of the brush that you paint your nails with.
Teresa L.
Hands down the best nail polish you can find! I’ve tried just about every single brand of nail polish just forward it to Peel within 24 hours. Essie is the only brand that last for way over a week. Not only does the polish last long but the colors are amazing, the variety is endless! I love to mix and match colors and use different ones for an accent nail.
Emily P.
Glencoe, MN
The whole color lineup of Essie's is fantastic, but this shade is the perfect fall shade for when you want to have dark nails but don't want to look goth with black nail polish. Recommend it to everyone! Another color I really like is called Off Tropic - it's the perfect foresty-jade green color, and I seriously cannot find it in any other nail polish brand.
Belle M.
Purchased at: ULTA
The color selection is beautiful. I feel like these nail polishes could last more than a week with proper care. I took off two stars because it is so hard to find the colors that you want. Also, you have to go to several stores to find the shade you want. I would totally try my colors out because the longevity of these is amazing
Jennifer S.
Cushing
I have found Essie polishes to work very well, they have the most beautiful collections and the colors are always vibrant and pretty. Though the price point is a bit high for me I do think it is worth the price if you would like to have beautiful nails and  a polish that lasts a little longer than the cheaper brands.
Kate D.
Lutz, FL
Review for: mademoiselle more...
Essie consistently has the best color selection of any drugstore or salon polish. The trouble is how frequently their polishes are sheer, requiring many coats to show up at all, and even worse, how easily they chip. I have never applied an Essie polish that has lasted longer than 24 hours, despite using quality top coats and not doing anything too intense with my hands. They are time intensive to apply due to how sheer they are, and while I keep getting sucked in because I love the color of the bottle, it only ever takes one application for me to remember that I should have stuck with OPI.

I wish Essie would update its formula - the colors are beautiful! It's always a disappointment to be unable to actually get the same color onto my nail, and even worse to watch it get ruined in a matter of hours.
Jackie H.
Review for: petal pushers more...
I had an itch for a grey colored nail polish that was more on the bluer side. Im so happy that Petal Pushers easily popped up on my Google search because I became instantly obsessed with the color after ! I was on a HUNT for this color in stores. After not finding it in my local CVS and Walgreens, I purchased it on Target since I had a coupon :)

I think this color is PERFECT for the fall! I'm normally a warm-toned nail polish wearer, but I think this looks absolutely beautiful on the nails.

Essie's polish formula is a hit or miss at times, but this polish is definitely a hit. Goes on super smooth, not streaky, opaque in two coats, and wears great ! I use Health Hoof Lacquer Top Coat atop this nail polish and it holds up just the same as other polishes. That's good considering I pick at my nails, am always drying them out with hand sanitizer, wash my hands frequently, and don't really care to "preserve" my manicure.

All in all, DEFINITELY pick up this nail polish if you're looking for a grey/blueish toned polish :) I'll be wearing this color all year around when I want to give myself a change from my normal nude colors.
Therese C.
Hartland, MI
Purchased at: ULTA
Essie has always and will always be my go-to. Beautiful shades and this one in particular #wirelessisbest is such a gorgeous lavender shade mixed with a silvery-grey shimmer. I just love Essie colors and IMHO they're worth every penny!!
Cheryl Greer P.
Titusville
Purchased at: CVS
Review for: ballet slippers more...
Perfect polish for everyday! This polish blends into my professional world and the ease of application makes it a quick pick me up. The formula allows it flow across the nail for a smooth finish. I hate when polish is too think and the dry time is long and the finish is streaky. Not a problem here.
Ashley R.
Never tried ant Essie brands, are they worth all the hype?
christine f.
Palm Harbor, FL
How many coats does this need for the color to show up well? Essie is a pricier nail Polish, so just want to make sure before I purchase. Thanks in advance😊
dalia a.
sydney
Does essie have good pastel nail colors?
Katelynn M.
I have been looking for this color, who would carry this color? I hate to order it online & can't seem to find it in stores.
Madi A.
Does this nail polish require a lot of coats to be pigmented?