BY ESSIE #12 in Nail Polish

America’s nail salon expert since 1981, essie was founded in New York City by Essie Weingarten. essie is beloved for its visionary approach to nail lacquer featuring catchy, clever names that created a new standard for the category. A leader in luxury, essie is the go-to nail brand for beauty professionals, industry insiders, celebrities and women of style in over 100 countries. As the colour authority, essie is center stage on runways around the world from New York to Paris. essie offers highly-anticipated colour collections, exclusively curated by the brand’s Global Colour Designer, Rebecca Minkoff. essie is committed to safe standards with an award-winning line of nail care products and more than 900 shades to date.

ashlee w.
Review for: mint candy apple more...
I had very high hopes for the Essie brand being as many of my friends have suggested it to me. The other day I heard even the Queen wears this particular brand in the color Ballerina Shoes. I had just recently cleaned out all my old polishes and finally was in the market for a few new colors. Essie! I had thought, should be the brand I try next since I had been hearing such great remarks on it. In a local drugstore I stood for what felt like forever, gazing at the vast array of colors I had to choose from. I settled on Mint Candy Apple, recently deciding I needed to try colors that weren't black or red. Applying was a cinch, the color rich in pigment and only needed two coats. I used my favorite top coat and with my new manicure was ready to get my day started. Not even two hours and I already had a few chips. How strange, I hadn't being doing anything that would cause this! By the end of the day my new nails looked like I had painted them a week ago ;( I went back and tried a few more colors thinking this was just a bad color, but sadly something in their formula causes the polish to chip incredibly bad on me.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: maki me happy, marshmallow, chinchilly, ballet slippers more...
Essie polishes are talked about all of the time as being some of the best...but honestly, I think they're completely over-rated. Especially for the price!

I've picked up quite a few of these colors - the shade selection is GORGEOUS, and Essie is always coming out with great new colors. The packaging is adorable on the outside, but once you open the bottle is where my complaints begin. The brush is annoyingly small! I prefer a wider brush that allows me to coat more of my nail at one time. On top of that, the formula is lackluster. If I paint my nails in the morning with an Essie polish, I'm almost sure to have a chip or two by dinner time.

Maybe I'm just too rough with my hands, but I can get cheaper polishes at the drugstore that perform better. These shades truly are stunning, but the wear time makes them a pass for me.
Anne R.
Essie is one of my favorite brands of nail polish! Whenever I see a polish from Essie at the store I can’t help but want them all! This brand has the most beautiful color selection I’ve seen in a nail polish brand. The soft colors like the nudes, lavenders, mint greens, and more, are personally my favorite. These colors are absolutely beautiful and inviting to the eye. The formula is well made and applies smoothly to the nails. Some nail polish brands can be sticky and hard to apply. Essie is definitely not one of those.. I also love their mini holiday sets they release every year. The packaging is simple but clean and beautiful. I will continue to purchase these nail polishes! Every time I enter the store they always have new colors. There’s so many to try out! I always recommend this brand to all nail polish lovers!
Jackie H.
Review for: petal pushers more...
I had an itch for a grey colored nail polish that was more on the bluer side. Im so happy that Petal Pushers easily popped up on my Google search because I became instantly obsessed with the color after ! I was on a HUNT for this color in stores. After not finding it in my local CVS and Walgreens, I purchased it on Target since I had a coupon :)

I think this color is PERFECT for the fall! I'm normally a warm-toned nail polish wearer, but I think this looks absolutely beautiful on the nails.

Essie's polish formula is a hit or miss at times, but this polish is definitely a hit. Goes on super smooth, not streaky, opaque in two coats, and wears great ! I use Health Hoof Lacquer Top Coat atop this nail polish and it holds up just the same as other polishes. That's good considering I pick at my nails, am always drying them out with hand sanitizer, wash my hands frequently, and don't really care to "preserve" my manicure.

All in all, DEFINITELY pick up this nail polish if you're looking for a grey/blueish toned polish :) I'll be wearing this color all year around when I want to give myself a change from my normal nude colors.
Terri P.
Savannah, GA
Review for: ballet slippers more...
This Essie Nail Color Polish - Ballet Slippers  is the BEST Essie Nail Color Polish - Ballet Slippers nail polish I have ever used -- and I'm 57 years old.  It goes on smoothly and evenly.  It last without cracking and peeling for over a week.  I use two coats with no sealer.  I shower, wash dishes, clean, and still no chips.
The price is medium range:  I paid $6 for mine.
BALLET SLIPPERS is lovely light pink, delicate, and very feminine. It's perfect for young girls, bridesmaids, brides, appropriate for Church and formal gatherings.
Kim M.
I've tried a million different nail polishes and Essie polishes fall more or less in the middle. They are okay, but nothing special. The formula tends to be quite thin meaning I have to use 3-4 coats for opacity and they tend to chip sooner than others. I usually only buy Essie if there is a unique color I have to have. The brush is just a basic round polish brush which I don't like, I really prefer the paddle shapes. The price seems a bit high for what it is and I think they should be closer in price to China Glaze than OPI. Everyone has their preferences when it comes to polish so you might like these but my favorite ones are Marc Jacobs Beauty, Revlon colorstay gel, and Deborah Lippmann.
sarah o.
Review for: going incognito, truth or flare, going guru, cocktail bling, mint candy apple, go ginza, mojito madness, fashion playground, bikini so teeny, sunday funday, blossom dandy, resort fling, udon know me, first timer more...
These are ideal for those who have small nails or if you're doing nail design since the brushes are very thin. I prefer OPI's medium sized brushes since I have large nails but Essie has some cool colors that I couldn't resist :) Usually I purchase these nail polish goodies online through either Ulta or Target. In my collection I own several shades and I use them throughout the year. Some are timeless seasonal colors so it's easy to reach for them. On my nails they last for about 7-8 days. I apply a sticky base coat then 2 coats of Essie polish and finally a quick-dry top coat. Even though I prefer OPI, Essie is a nostalgic brand which I'll continue to appreciate.
Leslie G.
Pittsford (town)
Review for: berried treasures, play date, muchi, muchi more...
One of my favorites in spring and going into summer nail colors!! By my favorite brand- Essie goes on smooth and doesn’t clump. Not bad pricing either and you can find it from your local drugstore to places like Ulta. I definitely recommend anything Essie!!Essie Nail Color Polish, 0.46 fl oz - Muchi, MuchiEssie Nail Color Polish, 0.46 fl oz - Play DateEssie Nail Color Polish, 0.46 fl oz - Berried Treasures
Brigid C.
Fort Collins, CO
Review for: blushing bride, topless & barefoot, sand tropez more...
I am a nail polish fanatic, I own waaaay to many colors! Going through my collection to find a nude color that i could use, I came across a few Essie colors (that I own already) and tried them all on to see. They all looked great, the formula is amazing, and I rarely get chips unless I'm doing crazy things with my hands. Even when I don't have any color on my nails, I use the Essie top coat to give my nails some shine ( and keep me from biting!) This is my go to item to get at Target when I don't need to be buying anything anyway!
Noelle E.
Review for: now and zen, lady like, Imported bubbly, trophy wife, navigate her, turquoise & caicos, for the twill of it, sew psyched, forever yummy, ballet slippers, chinchilly, petal pink, petal pushers, naughty nautical, miami nice, bikini so teeny, wicked, buy me a cameo more...
I have so many Essie polishes and love almost every single one of them. They all go on beautifully and wear very nicely. I find with a good top and base coat that these wear for a good amount of time. The only polish that I've ever had a problem with is Imported Bubbly, it is a little bit streaky and sheer. Chinchilly and Wicked are my very favorite nail polishes. Chinchilly wears like a dream! It doesn't chip and when it starts to wear on the edges it isn't noticeable. I always recommend Essie polishes to my friends!
Ashley R.
Never tried ant Essie brands, are they worth all the hype?
christine f.
Palm Harbor, FL
How many coats does this need for the color to show up well? Essie is a pricier nail Polish, so just want to make sure before I purchase. Thanks in advance😊
dalia a.
sydney
Does essie have good pastel nail colors?
Katelynn M.
I have been looking for this color, who would carry this color? I hate to order it online & can't seem to find it in stores.
Madi A.
Does this nail polish require a lot of coats to be pigmented?