BY ESSIE

Don't let your mani fall short. Essie no chips ahead top coat resists chipping and peeling and helps protect color from fading. Just let the tried and tested anti-chip formula do all the work to extend your manicure for days. see more...

Kari V.
Kari V.
Potosi, MO
Maybe I'm just hard on my nails, but this topcoat doesn't really work for me. From the name of it, I would expect to be able to apply the topcoat and go several days without any chips in my nail color. However, when I wear this topcoat my nail polish starts chipping off by the next day. It was easy to apply, dries about average (dry time), and upon initial application my nails appeared shiny and beautiful. However, since they don't really do the job they are supposed to do, I will not repurchase, nor would I recommend the product.
Kelsey W.
Kelsey W.
I really like this top coat and find that it works better than most others I've tried. I managed to snag it for free with any Essie nail color purchase a while back and have been using it since. It does seem to add some wear time to my polish but it doesn't work miracles. It does the job but if I were to purchase a top coat again I may go with something cheaper since it doesn't make a huge difference.
Kat A.
Kat A.
Inverness, FL
Review for: essie Nail Care - No Chips Ahead Top Coat
I love Essie because the colors are beautiful and they are constantly creating new ones, but man the staying power is just not there. This top coat did nothing for me in terms of preventing chips. I switched to a fast-drying cheap brand after this and was shocked at how much better it was, especially considering how expensive Essie is. I wouldn't buy this if you're looking for a nice top coat.
Alysania J.
Alysania J.
Not a big fan of this one. It doesn't dry quickly and you almost need to reapply it every day to keep your nail polish from chipping. The shine is nice, but it just isn't durable enough to last a whole week without needing to reapply. Used this over nail wraps one time and they were destroyed within three days when I can usually get them to last over a week. Disappointing.
GENESIS S.
GENESIS S.
This is a great top coat. It makes all my polishes last at least 1.5 weeks without chipping. After that, some chips and wear begins to show. Regardless, this is the best top coat I've tried. And considering I'm not exactly gentle on my hands. I'm always impressed when my manis last so long.
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Rosamond, CA
I really like this top coat because it's a nice finish to my nails and does protect them and keep them nice for about a week on average if I treat them well. It doesn't work with all my polish brands so that's something to be aware of when purchasing but overall I think it's a good choice.
Sara P.
Sara P.
Dublin, OH
Love this top coat! It is my go to. I hate spending time to paint my nails only to have them chip after a few days. I can use this top coat and have my nails stay shiny and chip free for a week. It is a good cost value and is easy to find at any drug store. I would totally recommend!
Crystal C.
Crystal C.
This did an okay job. I wouldn't say it prevented chipping. I don't feel like there was a noticeable difference in the amount of chipping that occurred with my polish. I think it's a perfectly decent topcoat, but also nothing special. I still experienced chipping.
Hannah H.
Hannah H.
Best top coat ever! I usually use this top coat on bare nails. It helps keep my thin nails from tearing and does NOT chip. I prefer to remove and reapply every two weeks to keel my nails looking fresh. A little goes a long way so it is totally worth the price.
Alexandria A.
Alexandria A.
Chapel Hill, NC
Essie top coats are a staple in my nail care routine because they leave my nails looking glossy and prevent chipping. I can't imagine painting my nails without using this product. It protects and nourishes, which increases its value in my opinion.
Lisa T.
Lisa T.
Melville, NY
How long will my nails stay chip free?