BY ESSIE

Transform any high gloss nail colour into a sophisticated matte finish with the 'Matte About You' Matte Finisher from essie, the USA's nail salon expert since 1981. With a fast-drying formula, the top coat glides effortlessly onto the nail for smooth, long-wearing results. E.N. see more...

• I am looking for a good matte finish top coat. Does this ...1 Answers
  • Im in love with this . I tried many matte coats and this ...1 Answers
  • I love all of essie's nail polishes and bought a matte to...1 Answers
essie Matte About You Top Coat Matte Finisher
  • "I love black nail polish but I couldn't find a matte black that I really liked, until this!" in 3 reviews
  • "I had never used a matte finish for my nails before but Ive always seen pictures on instagram of beautifully done matte nails and I wanted to try it." in 2 reviews
  • "I absolutely love all Essie, but compared to some of their other top coats I felt it didn't protect the nails as well, seemed to chip rather quickly." in 1 review
  • "You can do some really cool designs by having some matte and some glossy parts." in 1 review
  • "You can turn any nail color into a matte finish just by using this as a top coat, and it dry's quickly." in 1 review
Ilze D.
Binghamton , NY
Let me start this by saying this is the first (and only) matte top coat I’ve ever used. It’s entirely possible that the things I didn’t like are just how matte top coats are. I found this very difficult to work with! It dries too quickly, so lumps and streaks are almost inevitable. I also seemed to get white dandruff-like flakes all over my nails! Ewwwwww. Now that I’ve had it for a year, it’s almost solid. I put some thinner in it, but no luck. Sad, because the matte effect is amazing!
Dani M.
Altamonte Spg, FL
I love most essie products, so when they came out with a matte top coat I knew I wanted to try it. This top coat definitely gives that velvety matte look that's so popular, I've just noticed I usually have to do two coats to make sure I thoroughly get that matte texture over every part of the nail. This does chip a little easier than a regular, glossy top coat but I think that goes for most matte top coats in general. Overall, I do really like this matte top coat and recommend it to anyone wanting to try!
Jessica R.
Tomkins cove, NY
Perfect product for making all your colors matte finish. Good product for the price. Lasts a long time and helps get that less than trendy shine off your nails. A little goes a long way so the bottle lasts long
Tiff! H.
Campbell
Perfect matte top coat. It is the perfect thickness to turn any polish matte. I only wish it wasn’t so thick and would dry faster - I’m used to quick drying top coats so I alway get so impatient with this one. The essie brush is great and very easy to control! Sometimes I have issues though as the top coat can split if you put it on too thick
Lexi T.
Davidson, NC
I searched for this product for a long time before I finally got my hands on it but it was worth it! Matte About You makes all my matte dreams come true! Turn your favorite colors that you already own into a new, matte version with this. It’s the best. Definitely will repurchase when I run out.
Abigail H.
Decatur
This matte topcoat makes a beautiful smooth matte color that looks great over dark polishes. It is easy to apply and has a more narrow brush. The matte effect does start to wear off after a few days, but it can be reapplied, but it can make the polish ripple on occasion.
Mallory S.
This top coat is so much fun! It really does make your polish completely matte! And it makes it dry down faster as well. It doesn’t do much for the longevity of your polish, but it does look great in the meantime so it’s a win for me!
Mary M.
Phoenix, AZ
this is the perfect matte top coat! it dries really quickly, and does a really great job at mattifying the nail polish. i️ don’t need to buy any other matte top coat, this is my go-to now! definitely worth buying.
Ashten N.
Webster, Tx
Beautiful matte top coat, but if you layer every couple of days it does leave a weird white mark. The first coat always looks amazing but the more coats. Might as well just change your nail color.
Kiley S.
Dallastown, PA
Maybe it's all matte polish or maybe I did it wrong but it scratched off. And the matte faded really fast. I wash my hands a lot for work and the top coat lasted maybe 3 days before it lost its finish.
Jordie H.
Also, the directions say to use an Essie color, but can this work with other brands of nail polish?
Dora P.
I'm looking into buying this product but I find it a bit pricey since I'm not fully convinced I'd like the outcome. Could anyone recommend a different alternative as a trial or is this really the best matte nail polish in the industry?
Summer B.
Hurst, TX
Does the matte effect instantly show after application?
Lauren P.
Kathleen, GA
Does anyone else find that this makes your nail color chip extremely easily? When I use the good to go too coat I feel like my color is much more durable. Anyone have any good tips for making this last longer?
Jordie H.
I just bought this yesterday, but I am kinda suspicious. Does this actually work?