BY ESSIE #16 in Nail Polish Base Coats

Don&Rsquo;T Let Your Mani Be Your Weakest Link Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat With Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, And Mineral Strengtheners Protects To Help Fortify Nails.&Nbsp; Nails Become Smoother, Stronger Feeling, And More Resilient For Reduced Breakage. Dbp, Toluene And Formaldehyde Free. Made In Usa see more...

• Is this a good base coat? I'm looking to purchase a new o...1 Answers
  • I'm looking for a good top coat, does this improve the le...1 Answers
  • Was this effective?2 Answers
essie Grow Stronger Base Coat
  • "I wanted a nail strengthening treatment that could also double as a base coat if I wanted to paint my nails and this stuff is right on the money." in 4 reviews
  • "I usually end up peeling my nail polish off (I know that sound's gross) but this base coat is so strong that I physically cannot." in 4 reviews
  • "It does not take a long time to dry for you to put on your nail color which is really nice." in 2 reviews
  • "hollllyyyyyyy graill to my nail care routine i absolutly love this product so much , it helps my nails grow faster and stronger and fast my nails usually take for ever to grow or end up chipping this product is a must !" in 2 reviews
  • "I usually get lazy and use top coat for my base coat..." in 1 review
Linda M.
This is my go to nail base since I stopped getting acrylics about 2 years ago. It has helped my nails recover from that trauma and it does keep my polish intact for a long time, I'm not so sure it's truly making a difference in the strength of my nail.
Alysia S.
Allentown, PA
I LOVE THIS BASE COAT. I have shorter brittle nails and I swear this made my nails grow faster and kept my nail polish on longer! I'm someone who will pick at my nails/pick off polish when I'm anxious, but this stuff stays ON. I put my hands through a lot and this stuff will usually keep my nail polish on chip free for 5 days.
I'm never buying another base coat again, sticking with this for life.
Ravan A.
Pittsburgh, PA
I love Essie. This is the best growth base coat in its price range and out performs many that are much more expensive. it dries really fast. I would suggest this to anyone, ever over any other growth base coat.
Lauren N.
Fort Worth, TX
I love anything designed to make my nails stronger. This polish is great but it doesn’t last for very long. I wash my hands frequently for work and general cleanliness so after 1-2 days this polish is very chipped. I’ve tried putting top coats over it but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.
Angelique A.
These are actually very awesome. Once my nail broke and this kept it from falling off . I've used this stuff a ton of times and swear by it . It's so easy to apply and would recommend this to anyone who wants strong nails
Kendall K.
I'm not sure if this is actually making my nails stronger but it helps the color go on smoothly and look great. Also can wear this by itself and it makes your nails look nice. Bought this at Macy's for $8 I believe.
Katie H.
Westland, MI
This has seriously saved my nails. I work in healthcare and am constantly washing and sanitizing my hands. Due to this my hands get terribly dry and my nails became weak and starting peeling all the time. I wanted a nail strengthening treatment that could also double as a base coat if I wanted to paint my nails and this stuff is right on the money. It's kind of a buff/nude color so you can wear it by itself and your nails just look nice and shiny but not obviously painted. It also works well as a basecoat; any polish I put on over it stays put for about a week with minimal chipping. The health of my nails has definitely improved since I started using this so I think I've found my perfect nail treatment for life.
Lauren R.
Asheville, NC
I REALLY love this base coat! I feel like whenever I use it, my nail polish lasts twice as long, and that is not an exaggeration. It might be little pricey, but I feel like it is totally worth it. I used to be someone who bit my nails, and since stopping my nails have felt extremely weak. Once I started using this, my nails have started to feel much stronger and they do not break nearly as often. It applies smoothly and dries fairly quickly as well. I totally recommend.
Meghan B.
I absolute love this stuff!! I am one of those girls who never goes without nail polish. With all the fun colors out there, who would ever want plain nails?! However, I decided to give my nails a little break a few days ago when I removed my polish and noticed that my nails didn't look as healthy as they once did. I went out and purchased this base coat and less than a week later my nails are in PERFECT condition!
Paige S.
Springfield, MO
I bought this product on Amazon to compare it to my OPI Nail Envy. Nail Envy is the clear winner in my book. Essie's Grow Stronger base coat was too thick to paint nail polish over. I apply one coat of this followed by two coats of polish and a top coat; within the next day all of the polish PEELS off in one layer. I've tried this several times allowing it dry a full ten minutes and with different brands of polish on top. Peels off every time.

Not too upset because I only paid $8.50 for it. But OPI's Nail Envy reigns supreme over this Essie product!
Perla V.
Inglewood, CA
I use Essie Nail Polish but I've never bought this product. Does this product work? Do you girls recommend it ?
Melissa P.
Los Angeles, CA
I have tried regular Essie nail polish is there really a difference from this product??
Shelia C.
Saint Louis, MO
Will Essie stop you from biting your nails?
Kristen S.
Schenectady, NY
Was this effective?
Kayla J.
Waterford, MI
I'm looking for a good top coat, does this improve the length of wear for your nail polish? And does it really strengthen your nails? Mine are very thin and break easily.