A clear topcoat that will give your nails gel-like essie color and shine day after day.

essie pro tip: to further extend the life of your nail polish, apply a thin layer of top coat every two days after your manicure. this re-stabilizes the polish, further preventing chips, and refreshes the shine.

How many layers of this should usually be applied?
I have a very sensitive gluten allergy, is this product gluten free?
Anyone find that this only lasts a few days before chipping?
Start your review of Essie Gel-Setter Top Coat!
How would you rate this product?
Marisol C.
Coral Springs, FL
Essie Gel-Setter Top Coat uploaded by Marisol C.
The absolute best manicures without getting them at the salon are with Essie products for me. Manicures topped with this gel-setter top coat really last a long time with no chipping. I’ve even tried it on other brand polishes and this does the trick. I prefer to use this top coat on top of Essie polishes and they have many colors available. The manicure lasts a long time. Will continue to purchase.
Sarah S.
Rome, NY
Essie Gel-Setter Top Coat uploaded by Sarah S.
This is my go-to top coat. It gives your manicure or pedicure a high gloss shine. It dries pretty fast. I only use one coat typically. No UV light required. People always ask me if I use one. Literally all you need is this top coat for a gel like shine. It is very easy to remove, I never have to soak my nails.
Angie O.
Another one of my favorite top coats, dries quickly, the finish is glossy with a gel like look to it..
Stephanye O.
Newnan, GA
Essie Gel-Setter Top Coat uploaded by Stephanye O.
Purchased at: Walmart
Let me introduce you to the best nail topper I found ever. So, I was initially looking for the Seche Vite nail polish since a lot of people was talking about how great it was on keeping your nails looking good for a long time and I was tired of doing my nails myself and them getting ruined after a couple hours. I went to the drugstore and I found that Seche Vite is available only at sally beauty’s supply and I couldn’t get there and I just saw this one. At first I didn’t have any high expectation and I was a little mad since it was a little expensive, but then I found out that is is actually a great nail polish!! This makes my regular nail polish color last for so long and keep them looking very glossy, it almost looks like I got my nails done at the salon. This is honestly great, and the price point is worth it. I’m adding a picture here of my nails after 1 whole week of doing them, I must say that I just did two coats of my regular nail polish color and one of this essie gel setter and I also use my hands a lot, I wear gloves at work for the virus (which tend to chip my nails) and I do dishes and all sort of home stuff. So, this is great I’m very happy I got this one instead of buying the Seche Vite.
Olya N.
Jacksonville, FL
Omg I am so happy essie came out with gel setter top coat it honestly works exactly the same as if you went to the solan and got your nails done. Save your money and paint your nails yourself if you are horrible at it than a reason for a beauty party with your friends:)
Lekha M.
Essie Gel-Setter Top Coat uploaded by Lekha M.
Purchased at: Target
This is such an excellent topcoat. Not only does this make my nails shiny and make my color stay but it will last for about a week. This topcoat is an excellent value because it is priced moderately. I would highly recommend this product to others if you are interested in keeping your nails looking beautiful.
Kristie A.
This is a pretty good top coat. It leaves a nice shine and a slight thickness. I just wish it dried faster.
Victoria J.
Columbia, SC
Essie Gel-Setter Top Coat uploaded by Victoria J.
Purchased at: Target
I just tried this product for the first time and it makes a HUGE difference to the look and feel of my nails. I love it! It makes my nails look more shiny and more thick. Just one coat of this stuff makes my nails look as if they were professionally done.
Tyronda C.
Elkins Park, PA
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
Essie gel setter top coat is currently my favorite top coat. I’m not a fan of gel polish, my nails peel or weaken every time I’ve gotten gel. The Essie gel setter top coat extends the length of days that regular polish lasts on my natural. It drys quickly & shines great. 👍🏽
Saira C.
Essie Gel-Setter Top Coat uploaded by Saira C.
This product is good. Pros and cons of it are that it has a very glossy finish which makes it look like gel, and a con is that if you get some on your skin, it can peel off. I would improve it by making the bottle slightly bigger because mine seemed to run out fast, otherwise great product and I would buy again!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Heather S.
il y a 2 ans
Does anyone use non-essie gel polish with this top coat Essie Gel-Setter Top Coat ? Does it work as well making the gel like finish on regular polish?
Amy A. il y a un an
Yes, this is actually not meant for gel polishes - it's meant for regular polishes.