Essie gel couture top coat

platinum grade finish top coat

Does this product really last as long as a gel manicure and not chip?
Does this look weird when using with regular nail polish as opposed to gel?
Is it a matte finish or glossy?
Start your review of Essie gel couture top coat!
Christina  T.
Yaphank, NY
Essie gel couture top coat uploaded by Christina  T.
I got this top coat as a Christmas gift and I have to say it’s become my favorite. It drys pretty quick and it leaves your nails looking like you’ve just had a gel manicure with out the uv lamp. When I run out of this I will definitely be buying another bottle. Id highly recommend this product!
Lucy D.
Essie gel couture top coat uploaded by Lucy D.
I googled a safe nail polish to use while pregnant and Essie was one of the safe options for nail polish!
Kathleen G.
Jackson, NJ
Essie gel couture top coat uploaded by Kathleen G.
Purchased at: CVS
When I reach for nail polish, I reach for Essie products. They are consistent and the polishes are long lasting. With the addition of their gel line, they released this top coat often in combination with one color. It isn’t the most expensive drugstore top coat, but it is up there. However, because this top coat works well on colors that aren’t part of their gel line, I find it cost effective. Would recommend.
Nicole G.
Essie gel couture top coat uploaded by Nicole G.
I have been using this every two weeks and it seems to keep the colors well. No chips. I pair it with their polishes for a clean and shiny finish.
Melissa A.
Van Nuys, CA
Essie gel couture top coat uploaded by Melissa A.
Purchased at: Walgreens
I used Essie gel top coat nail polish. It lasted one week on my nails. It did look shiny. I only wished this nail polish lasted longer on my hands. I had to keep reapplying this gel nail polish every week when I used it at my job. Therefore, I rated it four stars.
Kristen L.
Orlando, FL
Essie gel couture top coat uploaded by Kristen L.
Essie gel couture top coat uploaded by Kristen L.
Purchased at: Target
This is a really great top coat! It is thick and shiny and keeps my nail polish from chipping, usually for a whole week (which is great for at home nails). I love the super glossy finish because it looks like my nails were done at the salon. I definitely recommend this product!!
stella W.
LA
Essie gel couture top coat uploaded by stella W.
BEST TOP COTE I EVER USED! this is so smooth and drys lowkey fast! just make sure that if you are doing a design then to make sure it drys all the way. its almost like thick water so it glides right onto the nail. i definitely recommend
Claudia  M.
Essie gel couture top coat uploaded by Claudia  M.
I'm very surprised with this top coat by Essie. It's ultra shiny and my nails look like a Gel manicure, really glossy.. but I think what I like most is that my manicure lasts longer. It helps my nail polish don't chip. Easy to use and dries fast. I recommend it at all!
Jessica S.
Asheville, NC
Essie gel couture top coat uploaded by Jessica S.
**UPDATE** I've tried several more colors since first trying it months ago and I still stand by my original review below.  It has such amazing staying power, the shades are gorgeous, and it is most definitely my HG nail polish!  So recommend!!!  **ORIGINAL REVIEW** I think I finally found my HG nail polish! I purchased this after hearing Tati from Glam Life Guru rave about it and I have to say, she definitely hit the nail on the head with this one! I purchased both a color and the top coat, and somehow they create magic together! I'd say this lasts about 2 weeks. After seven days, I started to notice super minor tip wear. At about the 10 day mark I noticed some chipping. And now I've had them on for a full two weeks, and the polish has finally started to chip more noticeably. I was surprised but oh so pleased with how long it lasted. Previously, I used OPI several times, but it would chip after 2-3 days. Even though this Essie Gel Couture formula is more expensive, I think the price is totally justified, especially if you don't want to have to repaint your nails every week. They have so many colors and all of them are gorgeous. It did take two coats to get full opacity (I wore a pretty grey color from their Ballet Nudes collection); paler shades may need three. Overall, highly recommend!
Celine S.
Las Vegas, NV
Essie gel couture top coat uploaded by Celine S.
This is seriously the best too coat of all time! It is a gel like top coat that dries extremely smooth and very solid. I currently have it on and the wear on it has seriously lasted me quite a while! I’d definitely recommend this product along with Essie products as they’re beautiful and durable! Definitely a worthy purchase!!!

440 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...