BY ESSIE #1 in Nail Polish Top Coats

quick drying top coat that seals and helps protect, to magnify shine for an ultra-glossy flawless finish.

• Does anyone else find that this dries up quickly? I’ve go...18 Answers
  • Who has used the Essie gel nail polish? Is it worth it an...20 Answers
  • Is this top coat good? And does it need a lamp?14 Answers
Essie Gel Couture Top Coat

Start your review of Essie Gel Couture Top Coat!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Teresa W.
Rhome, TX
Absolutely amazed by this product! I am the champion of chipping manicures - before I discovered this top-coat no matter how careful I tried to be I could never get a manicure to last more than about a day without chipping. With this top coat I have gotten my home manicures to last 5+ days consistently with zero chips! It's also made my home pedicures last for multiple weeks (usually about 3) without any chips - highly recommend it for home mani/pedis :)
WHITNEY B.
Lenore , WV
Purchased at: Amazon
BEST top coat I’ve ever used. I was hesitant to buy it but I’m so glad that I did!! Usually my nail polish doesn’t last a couple of days without chipping pretty bad, I’m constantly washing dishes and banging my fingers into stuff causing my nail polish to chip but I’ve had it on for over a week now and there’s maybe one little tiny chip that’s not even too noticeable. It makes your nails look so shiny and pretty and makes them feel stronger, too.
Elayna H.
San Diego , CA
I thought I had reviewed this before already, but maybe not. I received this complimentary in a voxbox in exchange for my honest review. I LOVE this top coat! The color that I received with it was not my style, but I put this topcoat over every single color that I paint my nails with. It keeps my nails looking fresh and prevent them for chipping for weeks. When I run out I definitely will be buying a replacement just of this topcoat
Kristen F.
Narragansett, RI
Purchased at: ULTA
This top coat is one of the best I’ve ever tried. The gel formula definitely helps with the longevity of my polish and helps prevent chipping. I also really like the width of the brush applicator as it makes the coat go on smoothly and seamlessly. I feel it is worth the price tag and I will for sure purchase again when I run out!
Reem K.
I love this top coat. It’s not one of the thickest and “hardening” top coats that I’ve used but it’s much better than the standard top coat that you buy from drugstores. Anytime I give myself a manicure, I use this and my nail polish lasts a good week, shiny, and hard enough to protect my nails from breakage so that they grow long!! I recommend it although it’s not the cheapest!
Amanda W.
Pittsburgh, PA
I LOVE this gel top coat. The application process is extremely easy - the wide applicator help the polish go on smoothly and doesn’t leave any streaks. I have even used this top coat with regular nail polish and it has helped my regular polish last a lot longer. Definitely recommend to use as a top coat for all types of polish!
Erica D.
Bell, CA
This gel topcoat has easily become my favorite nail product to use at home! I use it with a whole wide array of other different nail products and even after trying other gel coat products, I find myself coming back to every single time!! I love it so much I even use it as a topcoat with other regular Essie nail polishes:)
Lindsay S.
Shawnee, KS
This is the the best top coat I have used! I think the formula is really great because it makes my nails look like I got them done at the nail salon and it also makes my nails last much longer! You also get a lot of product for the price. I got this product over a year ago and I still have product left and I paint my nails every two weeks or so. I highly recommend this product!!
Cathy O.
Sunnyvale, CA
Ok Essie Gel is my new favorite! The top coat I even use it with my other Essie products. I swear by Essie products and both their original Top Coat and this one! A little pricey but you only buy it once. Definitely a must buy to keep in your drawer for touch ups.
Courtney B.
Saint Peter, MN
Best clear gel topcoat I have ever used. It goes on with no streaks at all. It also doesn’t crack like other top coats and keeps my nails unchipped for almost two weeks. I recommend this to anyone who does their own nails at home and who wants an amazing top coat.
Kaity L.
New City, NY
How is the Essie gel couture?
Sarah W.
Two questions! 1. How fast does this top coat take to dry? 2. How does this top coat work with polishes which are not within the same line? I sometimes find that 'gel' topcoats don't work so well with non-'gel' polishes.
Crowned G.