165 colors available

BY ESSIE #1 in Nail Tools

Gel Couture - Essie Gel Couture provides up to 14 days of color and shine in unique, couture-inspired shades. No lamp required. Easy removal.Step 1: Luxurious Couture Color:Pure color pigment technologyRich, streak-free colorNo basecoat requiredPatented swirl stem brush (exclusively in Gel Couture Step 1)Step 2: Flawless Gel-Like Top Coat:Protects color and magnifies shineUltra-glossy finishShatter-proof, hard shell technology extends wear and prevents chippingQuick-dryingFour families linked to key moments in couture:The Atelier: embodied by the neutrals (whims & pins)The Backstage: embodied by the pastels (preview peek)The Runway: embodied by the brights (runway reveal)The After Party: embodied by the deeps (after the after party)Benefits:Professional, salon manicure lookGel-like finishHigh-qualityProvides a protective coating to nailsTop coat consistencyLess color transferFaster dry-timeLess scuffing - Gel Couture see more...

• Manicure or pedicure?8 Answers
  • What the difference between the regular nail polish and this one?5 Answers
  • Is this really worth the money and hype. Regular nail polish chips ...4 Answers
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Chapel Hill, NC
**UPDATE** I've tried several more colors since first trying it months ago and I still stand by my original review below.  It has such amazing staying power, the shades are gorgeous, and it is most definitely my HG nail polish!  So recommend!!!  **ORIGINAL REVIEW** I think I finally found my HG nail polish! I purchased this after hearing Tati from Glam Life Guru rave about it and I have to say, she definitely hit the nail on the head with this one! I purchased both a color and the top coat, and somehow they create magic together! I'd say this lasts about 2 weeks. After seven days, I started to notice super minor tip wear. At about the 10 day mark I noticed some chipping. And now I've had them on for a full two weeks, and the polish has finally started to chip more noticeably. I was surprised but oh so pleased with how long it lasted. Previously, I used OPI several times, but it would chip after 2-3 days. Even though this Essie Gel Couture formula is more expensive, I think the price is totally justified, especially if you don't want to have to repaint your nails every week. They have so many colors and all of them are gorgeous. It did take two coats to get full opacity (I wore a pretty grey color from their Ballet Nudes collection); paler shades may need three. Overall, highly recommend!
Karen M.
Karen M.
Bayonne, NJ
Essie has always been one of my favorite nail polish brands. I can say after using this for a couple of months now I have to say it is really an amazing gel nail polish. I have an infant and washing bottles can take a toll on your hands and nails. I would normally have wear and tear on a regular nail polish, but ever since I have been using the Essie Gel nail polish system, I am impressed. There is some controversy with the chipping by day 7, I have seen reviews on YouTube regarding the chipping as early as the next day. They also show the application techniques and I must say that they apply too much polish (like 3 coats) **nail polish will start to chip because is has been applied on thick and able to lift from your nail beads. I do NOT have that problem because I do not apply too much product and the colors are already opaque, so there is no need to layer on the coats. Some colors I must admit tend to be sheer.
Alice D.
Alice D.
Cary, NC
I finally got it! I've been trying to hunt this down at my local Ulta and Target stores. I gave up and got it from Amazon. I got it last night and couldn't wait to try it. I am sooo in love with the brush shape!!! Please make all Essie nail polishes with this special nail brush! I love the Perfect Posture shade so much. I did my nails last night and I got so many complements today from various mom friends at a birthday party. Regular nail polishes only last 1 day on me before it the polish usually starts cracking and chipping. I have several other colors from Essie gel couture and other than some minor tip wear that isn't noticeable to anyone other than me, the polish lasts 7 week and possibly longer if I didn't like to change my polish so often. Love this product!
Dorina B.
Dorina B.
Tallahassee, FL
I really love a good at home gel polish. I love the variety of colors that Essie offers so far. It's very easy to apply and doesn't require a lot of coats to make the color opaque (like I've noticed with other brands). It definitely doesn't chip, but there are some down sides to the gel polish. I usually am able to only go about a week to a week and a half before the polish begins to lift at my cuticles. This entirely depends on how often I have my hands in water or cleaning with chemicals. Once it starts lifting, it will peel off in sheets. I don't mind this, but it definitely does damage my nails and causes peeling of my nail itself. I have tried out at least 5 colors and some chip or lift sooner than others. So far my favorite is model citizen!
Theresa T.
Theresa T.
San Jose, CA
Hands down -- the BEST nail polish on the market! I can't say enough great things about this: wide color range, ergonomic bottle, curved brush tip, and great staying power. After reading and watching raves about this product, I purchased a bottle with the top coat (the top coat is absolutely critical). I decided to test the staying power with my business trip. The Essie Gel Couture polish lasted the entire week with little to NO chipping. I was impressed because my regular manicure takes a beating and looks gross by the end of my trip. These polishes are more expensive than average, but they are completely worth it (and cheaper than a shellac manicure at the nail salon).
Maggie D.
Maggie D.
Laveen, AZ
I must say, hands down this is the best nail polish that has come out in years?! I was so very excited to see it at Ulta on a shopping trip. I googled it and looked at a couple videos and was blown away! I own 5 of the shades, with the way the brush is made, even for people like me who have shaky hands or who aren't dominant in your other hand this brush just takes one easy swipe and your whole nail is painted. I will never go to another polish out there after I have experienced these. Also I don't want to forget to mention, the wearability is awesome!! If done correctly I have had my nail polish last over two weeks!
Christina S.
Christina S.
Pleasantville , NJ
I bought the nail polish online and got the polish in but not the top coat. I wanted to test it out to see if I needed it , I do have to say I'm busy body , work with my hands, clean my apt a lot with a messy bf lol, any way had on for four days and washed dishes three out of four days , I been rough with them, and have to say , they lasted longer then ANY normal nail polish with minimal chip( I see two nails only with chips) and again this is without the top coat! I'm so impressed I bought two more bottles! I think I found my staple polish ! I will write a review on when I get the top coat , it comes in today!
Karen N.
Karen N.
These are wonderful. I have four different colors already. I haven't had mine on for 14 days yet so I'm not quite sure if it holds up that long but it's been a week now and only a tad bit has chipped and that is only because I had to peel tons of stickers at work. Usually nail polish doesn't last long on me at all but man this polish actually stays on and looks great. I work at Ulta and none of my customers have had complaints on this at all in fact one lady loved it so much she bought 8 bottles. They cost 11.50 and require no last. It dries a lot faster than most gels and the formula of this polish is perfect.
Jenah L.
Jenah L.
I LOVE this new collection by Essie! I used to swear by getting a gel manicure every 2 weeks, but that absolutely destroyed my nails and made them very thin and damaged. I went back to regular nail polish but got frustrated with how fast it chipped. I picked up this color and the top coat and decided to give it a try. I am blown away! It lasted over a week and had very minimal chips. I am a preschool teacher so I'm constantly using my hands and this held up! It has the staying power and shine of a gel manicure, but with no damaging light...definitely purchasing more colors!
Lori I.
Lori I.
Now THIS is how you gel!! Essie's gel couture dries pretty quickly, much faster than the regular polish. It comes in gorgeous Essie colors, and to get good coverage really only takes 2 coats. And the best part is the brush. The way it is kinda twisted (like the bottle) helps you glide the polish on smoothly. I have two colors so far, plus the top coat. My manicures are lasting just about 2 weeks, and that makes me happy. Oh, and I know many of you will love this..you can take the polish off just like regular polish!! No foil needed!! (Featured color is 90 Make the Cut)
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
Bedford, TX
How long does this really last?
Kelly G.
Kelly G.
Buffalo, NY
How long did this last for people without chipping?
Delaney D.
Delaney D.
Manicure or pedicure?
Paige A.
Paige A.
Has anyone tried using just a basic color polish and topping it with this gel top coat? If so, how'd it compare to using the color gel couture?
Nida L.