BY ESSIE #11 in Nail Polish

Gel Couture - Essie Gel Couture provides up to 14 days of color and shine in unique, couture-inspired shades. No lamp required. Easy removal.Step 1: Luxurious Couture Color:Pure color pigment technologyRich, streak-free colorNo basecoat requiredPatented swirl stem brush (exclusively in Gel Couture Step 1)Step 2: Flawless Gel-Like Top Coat:Protects color and magnifies shineUltra-glossy finishShatter-proof, hard shell technology extends wear and prevents chippingQuick-dryingFour families linked to key moments in couture:The Atelier: embodied by the neutrals (whims & pins)The Backstage: embodied by the pastels (preview peek)The Runway: embodied by the brights (runway reveal)The After Party: embodied by the deeps (after the after party)Benefits:Professional, salon manicure lookGel-like finishHigh-qualityProvides a protective coating to nailsTop coat consistencyLess color transferFaster dry-timeLess scuffing - Gel Couture

Reviews (2024)
Tara H.
Review for: Pre-Show Jitters more...
I used to get gel manicures at the nail salon, but due to cost/time I’ve decided I’d rather just do it at home. I tried Sensationail which was good for a while, but I hated how hard it was to remove the polish. I also tried the Essie gel setter topcoat, which was just OK.

Then these came out. At first I purchased the kit that comes with one polish and the topcoat. The first time I tried I wasn’t impressed. It did not last as long as it claimed, so into my bin of polish it went.

Last year I tried these again and fell in love. With a little trial and error I have realized that you really need to take your time with this polish. With certain colors you need three/four coats, and it’s super important to wait some time in between layers. It’s time consuming, but personally I’d rather be home than stuck in a salon chair. I just paint my nails while watching tv and it’s not so bad.

I have a toddler and a baby and I wash my hands constantly during the day, as well as dishes, bath time, etc. Despite that I can’t believe how well these wear. Around day 5-6 I start getting the fading on the tips of my nails. After a week they start chipping. This is the longest wear time I’ve ever gotten from any other polish I’ve done at home.

My favorite shade is Pre Show Jitters. It’s a beautiful creamy pinky white that looks fantastic when I have a tan in the summer. It’s so clean and classy looking. I absolutely love it. For winter I have been loving the shades Model Clicks and Berry In Love. I have about ten shades now and will continue to purchase more!
Kaicey W.
Review for: Princess Charming more...
I was pretty excited about testing out this gel polish when I received it from Influenster. I usually don’t wear polish on my fingernails because I can never seem to keep it on. I have a terrible habit of picking at my nails and cuticles so one chip, and it’s game over for my manicure. I recently had gel polish applied at a salon and was able to keep it on for two weeks. So when I received this gel polish from Influenster a few days ago, I figured it was perfect timing! I can’t afford to have them professionally done every few weeks but I certainly loved being able to keep polish on my nails for a change.

I just applied the color a few hours ago so I can’t speak to the longevity but I will update in a few weeks with how long it lasted me. I do like the results so far, though. I was sent the shade “Princess Charming” which is an almost mauve, nude pink. Not something I would typically pick out myself but I was pleasantly surprised once I applied it to my nails. It’s a very natural shade that would be perfect for work. My biggest complaint with the product would be how thick the product is when applying. It is difficult to apply evenly and even with a light touch, it leaves streaks. Thankfully the topcoat helps meld it together and covers many of the imperfections. This may just be the shade I tried since other reviews mention it being thinner. I do love the round tip of the brush. It helps to get close to the cuticles without touching. I’m usually pretty bad about staying within the lines when painting my own nails but the applicator made it much easier for precise application. It dried quickly and even before the top coat, it was very shiny. It doesn’t seem to set to quite the same hard/thick layer as salon gel polish but I actually appreciate that since it can be hard to do some things with such thick nails. Overall, I really like the look of the manicure, especially for something I did at home, and I am definitely looking forward to purchasing in other colors. I’ve already got my eye on quite a few! I think with practice and becoming more familiar with the consistency of the product, this could easily be one of my new favorites. Especially since my current results are great even though I had some difficultly with application. I look forward to seeing how it holds up and will report back! essie® Gel Couture Nail Color
Jordan G.
Glendale , CA
Review for: Closing Night more...
I was really not expecting to like this polish as much as I do. Most at-home gel polishes I’ve tried chip basically as quickly as any other traditional polish. But this one I was very pleasantly surprised by! I had it on for at least a week and a half before I saw any chipping at all, and the chips that did appear after that were pretty minor. What was also great, was that when I did take it off, it came off just as easily as normal polish! Much less of a hassle than salon gel.
For me, it didn’t have the look of salon gels, with that perfect, thicker smoothness. But it is for sure my favourite at home polish. I even went and bought another colour, and am sure I will buy more. The only little complaint that I have, is that in the bottle, it appears to have a lovely shimmer to the color, that didn’t really transfer to my nails. I personally don’t mind that it didn’t have the sheen it appeared to, but some people may think the colour they’re getting is different than what it really is.

Loved it, and would definitely recommend to others looking for a good at-home no light required gel polish.

Kym B.
Denver, CO
Review for: Top Coat, Sheer Fantasy more...
I absolutely love the combination of these two polishes that I received in my Finesse Vox Box! I've used Essie polishes before and so I know their polishes work well for me, but I haven't used colors like this (I use mostly darker, which is what I tend to prefer). I applied two coats of the sheer pink and then one coat of the clear top coat. I gave the polish a few minutes to dry between coats and it was pretty much dry about 20 minutes after I did the last coat. I didn't push into it, but I had to do a few things around the house and it didn't get messed up.

This polish was really easy to apply -- the brush is nice and wide and I was able to put it on fairly thick and I didn't see any bubbles. I hate when I get bubbles in my polish so it's always a happy day when it doesn't happen. The polish also goes on nice and even without looking patchy.

I love this look because it kind of looks like I had a manicure (aside from my dry cuticles). You could use a white polish on the tips and go for a French manicure look, or just keep it natural. This polish makes my nails feel nice and strong, which helps because my nails tend to break easily.

It has been six days since I first applied it and it still looks great. (The photo was taken on day four.) It's starting to peel away a tiny bit at the cuticles, but as long as I resist the urge to pick at it, I think the polish will look nice for a couple more days before I have to take it off (I can't stand having chipped polish on my nails). Anytime I can do my nails myself and have it last a full week, I'm a happy girl. I really don't spend a ton of time on my nails, but I do like them to look nice and I also like to keep them from breaking. On that note, I absolutely recommend these polishes from Essie.
Dana L.
Nails are just something I can’t give a lot of time to. I’m blessed with thin nails yet my nail-beds are oily. Standard manicure nail polish sticks to my nails for maybe 2 days before starting to peel off. Acrylic nails start lifting away after 6 days (8 if I’m lucky). Seriously guys my cousin is a nail tech and my nails give her nightmares because she can’t figure out why *exactly* nothing stays put no matter who does my nails. Because of this it just doesn’t make sense for me to waste $15+ on a mani every 2-3 weeks.
Queue last Christmas. My roommate got me a bottle of the color “Model Clicks” so I gave it a whirl. This actually stays on my nails (by my standards). It doesn’t begin to chip for me until day 6/7 but it doesn’t completely peel away like other nail polishes do. It also dries super fast. After applying the polish my nails are dry within 15 minutes, there’s no light curing needed, & another big plus is that there’s no base coat needed so it’s just 3-4 coats (2-3 color & 1 top). Highly recommend! My favorite shades are 370 - Model Clicks & 70 - Take Me To Thread!
Catie H.
Review for: Platinum Grade Finish Top Coat, Fairy Tailor more...
When I first saw Essie Gel Couture in Target I was intrigued yet skeptical... A fast drying two step no light gel nail? I’ve tried other no light gel nails and none of them measure up to Essie Gel Couture, this stuff is incredible. It lasts so long, IT DRYS SO FAST, the colors and shine is next level, and it protects your natural nails. My nails grow so long when I wear this polish(I’ve always had nails that peel and break). You have to get the color and the top coat for it to work which seems pricey but realistically is around the price of a single gel manicure. Application is a breeze and it removes like normal polish but wears like gel, and even fools nail techs. I had broke a nail while on vacation and went to get it patched at a salon and the girl told me it was an extra $10 to remove my gel polish, when I told her it wasn’t gel she was shook. I highly recommend you try Essie Gel Couture it’s a game changer.
Cyndia G.
Madera, CA
I loved my new Essie top coat and closing night nail polish. They both have a great width and leave no clumps. It leaves your nails nice and shinny looking like a gel manicure without a UV light. I would recommend this top coat for any nail polish. I did not notcie any chipping until about 8-10 days later. The color nail polish did go on light but i used 2 coats and it gave a nice pretty color with no clumps. I received these product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. I will purchase this product when i am out of my current bottle. essie Gel Couture Top Coat
Alissel D.
orange, CA
Review for: Sheer Fantasy more...
this product was sent in the recent voxbox. it came with this particular color and the coordinating top coat. i wasn’t too impressed with the color, but i tested the polish for its longevity. while it lasted pretty well during days 1-4, days 5-9 it started to chip. i believe their claim is that it lasts 2 weeks. i do work in a place where we use our hands a lot and work with heavy machinery, so that might have been a factor but overall i was impressed with the formula. super easy to use. and the stem of the polish brush is twisty, making the excess product drip onto the brush. the color is super light. ended up looking just like my nail, but if u like that sort of thing, go for it. i ended up buying more colors and the formula is the same throughout the whole collection. well done essie!
Sumiyyea A.
Huntersville, NC
Review for: Gala-Vanting more...
I received this nail polish free for review and I absolutely loved it! The bottle has an interesting shape that’s pretty cool. I really liked how the brush is wider at the bottom because it made application a lot easier. I love the color, I’ve been obsessed with these burgundy-ish, ox blood colors for a while. I also loved how shiny it was even before putting a top coat on. And the drying time was not long at all, maybe 1 minute or 2. My only problem with this nail polish was that, like a previous Essie polish I had in a similar color, it stained my nails slightly but the staining wasn’t overly noticeable and didn’t last very long.
Tiana V.
Tustin , CA
Review for: Wearing Hue more...
Was really excited to try this since I never really wear nail polish, and I didn’t want to spend the time/money at a salon. I read great reviews and YouTube tutorials all saying that this lasted for two weeks. I painted my nails with this before my vacation, and 4 of my nails were already chipped before I got on the plane. One nail in particular had cracked but not fallen off so it kept catching on things. I figured I’d just take off the flake so it would stop bothering me AND IT TORE OFF PART OF MY NAIL.
I’m so disappointed in this. I’m looking at the other 6 good nails I have and the color is so pretty. Really wish this lived up to expectations
Sky G.
Lockleaze, Bristol
What is your favourite nail colour?
Jessica R.
Bedford, TX
How long does this really last?
Melanie C.
Do you prefer bold or nude colours?
Kelly G.
Amherst, NY
How long did this last for people without chipping?
Delaney D.