First Base Base Coat - Helps bind nail polish to nail plate for a longer lasting manicure. - First Base Base Coat

Is this product gluten free?
I have a very sensitive gluten allergy, is this product gluten free?
Start your review of Essie First Base Base Coat!
LISA M.
Eau Claire, WI
Essie First Base Base Coat uploaded by LISA M.
Purchased at: ULTA
I love Essie First Base Base Coat. I use it every time I paint my nails. It helps my nail polish stay on longer and it helps protect my nails from getting stained by my polish. I like it because it works and it's a decent price.
Laura R.
Montverde, FL
I bought this because Ulta was out of my usual Opi base coat. I went into using this with extremely low expectations because, for me, the Essie brand typically chips quickly. This base coat blew me away with how well it holds up. It applies smoothly, dries quickly, and ensures a lot of abuse. My manicures hold up for 5-7 days with this base coat and endure tons of abuse such as grooming horses, sewing, dish washing, and other hands on projects. The small size allows me to fit it easily in my purse for lunch time manicures! I would happily buy this again for use with Opi, Essie, China Glaze, and other nicer nail polish brands!
Erika C.
Dover, NH
Essie First Base Base Coat uploaded by Erika C.
Purchased at: Amazon
I absolutely love how this base coat protect my nails from the polish stains. It’s easy to apply and dries quick. It also helps my nail color last longer when used top coat as well. Highly recommend!
Angelica O.
Apple Valley, CA
Essie is an excellent brand but also on the pricer side, I like to make purchases with Essie as a treat I would like or when I find them on sale , this polish lasts and I feel like it adds strength to my nail
Rachel B.
Lynbrook, NY
I think this works as an average base coat. I don't think that it makes my nail polish last longer like some of my other base coats do however, if I don't have then on hand and I have this one I will go and use this one. It does its job I just don't find it to be anything special.
Minerva M.
Winter Garden, FL
Essie First Base Base Coat uploaded by Minerva M.
I’m use this product because my nails broke so this product help me and now my nails look strong 🥰 so I loved and I recommend
Angie O.
Really good base coat, my manicures always last longer when I use it, def a great buy💚
Stella C.
San Diego, CA
Purchased at: CVS
Really helps my manicure to last longer. I like the essie version more than others I have tried. I also love how easy it is to find at all drugstores, and its pretty affordable. I dont find that spending more on base coat will help.
Nicole S.
Auburn Hills, MI
This is a great base coat. It goes on fast and smooth and dries quick. It also makes my nails polish stay put for longer and allows my nail to take the color in just one coat. Essie makes great products
Vanessa G.
I highly recommend the Essie Base Coat as well. I have natural nails and when I use this base coat my nail polish lasts longer without chipping.