Essie First Base Base Coat uploaded by Liz H.

BY ESSIE #6 in Nail Polish Base Coats

First Base Base Coat - Helps bind nail polish to nail plate for a longer lasting manicure. - First Base Base Coat

Laura R.
Winter Garden, FL
I bought this because Ulta was out of my usual Opi base coat. I went into using this with extremely low expectations because, for me, the Essie brand typically chips quickly. This base coat blew me away with how well it holds up. It applies smoothly, dries quickly, and ensures a lot of abuse. My manicures hold up for 5-7 days with this base coat and endure tons of abuse such as grooming horses, sewing, dish washing, and other hands on projects. The small size allows me to fit it easily in my purse for lunch time manicures! I would happily buy this again for use with Opi, Essie, China Glaze, and other nicer nail polish brands!
Jamie L.
Niles, OH
I never paint my nails without a base coat and this one has worked really well for me. My polish usually stays on unchipped for about a week and I think this base coat is a huge contributor to that! I'll definitely be repurchasing this base coat after I run out.
Sabrina Y.
Bayside, NY
I wear this alone and it helps my nails grow in nicely and my nails are always strong people think I have a manicure. Definitely recommend for those trying to grow their nails out. In 2 weeks they always grow out nicely
Hannah N.
Little Rock, AR
I do not use base coat often, but this one was great. I love the Essie brand. It never seems to let me down. The base coat dried quickly and helped keep my polish on even longer. I would buy the product again.
Dani M.
Altamonte Spg, FL
I use this base coat as a first step in every at-home manicure I do. It dries very fast so there's not a lot of waiting before putting on the next coat of polish. It works well to keep the polish lasting longer and prevent any staining that may happen with richer polish colors. It's only $9 so it's very affordable when I need to repurchase a new bottle. I've gone through countless bottles of this stuff and will continue to do so as long as they keep making it!
Cayli N.
Lexington, KY
This is the best base coat I’ve ever used. It fills in the ridges of the nail and allows for a smoother application of polish. Used along with a top coat, it extends the wear of nail polish for up to two weeks!
Lo K.
Hudsonville
I really like this base coat. It dries pretty fast and makes the polish really stick. I have a job where I'm constantly washing my hands, and I can honestly say my polish stays on and looks good for a week!
Christina S.
Pace, FL
This is by far the best base coat I have ever used! I've tried so many and thought I had found a favorite from Sally Hansen, but this one from Essie leaves me with absolutely zero chipping after an entire seven days of wear. It's magic! Visit my blog at christinaschiccorner.com to read my full review I posted about it along with pictures for proof of wear time.
Lily W.
Bronx, NY
I just started using Essie First Base Coat prior to using nail polish and it has kept my nail polish from chipping longer and I use it with the No Chips Ahead top coat. They work great together. One bottle lasts me a good while and yes i would re purchase this base coat in the future.
Brittany E.
Savannah , GA
Love this base coat. I highly recommend for use under any red, green, or dark colored polished that normally stain the nail beds. I have also used it by itself, because it creates a waxy almost matte look on the natural nails, that actually looks nice without having to polish on top of. Recommend for sure
Prescilla L.
Does this help your nails grow stronger and longer?
Andrew O.
San Francisco, CA
Does this prevent your nails from getting stained/yellow?