BY ESSIE #3 in Nail Polish Base Coats

First Base Base Coat - Helps bind nail polish to nail plate for a longer lasting manicure. - First Base Base Coat see more...

Buy on ULTA*
Laura R.
Winter Garden, FL
I bought this because Ulta was out of my usual Opi base coat. I went into using this with extremely low expectations because, for me, the Essie brand typically chips quickly. This base coat blew me away with how well it holds up. It applies smoothly, dries quickly, and ensures a lot of abuse. My manicures hold up for 5-7 days with this base coat and endure tons of abuse such as grooming horses, sewing, dish washing, and other hands on projects. The small size allows me to fit it easily in my purse for lunch time manicures! I would happily buy this again for use with Opi, Essie, China Glaze, and other nicer nail polish brands!
Jamie L.
University Ht, OH
I never paint my nails without a base coat and this one has worked really well for me. My polish usually stays on unchipped for about a week and I think this base coat is a huge contributor to that! I'll definitely be repurchasing this base coat after I run out.
Sabrina Y.
Bayside, NY
I wear this alone and it helps my nails grow in nicely and my nails are always strong people think I have a manicure. Definitely recommend for those trying to grow their nails out. In 2 weeks they always grow out nicely
Hannah N.
Little Rock, AR
I do not use base coat often, but this one was great. I love the Essie brand. It never seems to let me down. The base coat dried quickly and helped keep my polish on even longer. I would buy the product again.
Cayli N.
Lexington
This is the best base coat I’ve ever used. It fills in the ridges of the nail and allows for a smoother application of polish. Used along with a top coat, it extends the wear of nail polish for up to two weeks!
Lo K.
Hudsonville
I really like this base coat. It dries pretty fast and makes the polish really stick. I have a job where I'm constantly washing my hands, and I can honestly say my polish stays on and looks good for a week!
Lily W.
Bronx, NY
I just started using Essie First Base Coat prior to using nail polish and it has kept my nail polish from chipping longer and I use it with the No Chips Ahead top coat. They work great together. One bottle lasts me a good while and yes i would re purchase this base coat in the future.
Brittany E.
Savannah , GA
Love this base coat. I highly recommend for use under any red, green, or dark colored polished that normally stain the nail beds. I have also used it by itself, because it creates a waxy almost matte look on the natural nails, that actually looks nice without having to polish on top of. Recommend for sure
Thessa C.
Denver, CO
I like this product. While I don’t think it differs to greatly from other base costs necessarily, it does a good job. My nails have never stained from a bright or dark polish while wearing this and it gives a smoother base for the polish to go over
Madeline C.
Lock Haven, PA
Love anything by Essie. Drys so so fast and looks great! Most of my other nail polish smudges even if i let it dry for a long time. This nail polish does not do that. It lasts a long time too. I would recommend.
Prescilla L.
Does this help your nails grow stronger and longer?
Andrew O.
San Francisco, CA
Does this prevent your nails from getting stained/yellow?