essie Fill the Gap! Ridge Smoothing Base Coat uploaded by Autumn W.essie Fill the Gap! Ridge Smoothing Base Coat uploaded by Autumn W.

BY ESSIE #41 in Nail Polish Base Coats

What it is: Hydrates aging nails and smoothes unsightly deep ridges while preventing brittleness and breakage. What it Does: Replenishes and levels the nail plate with a special blend of strengtheners, conditioners, micro-fibers and natural fillers. Mica boasts natural reflective properties that help fill in extremely deep ridges and conceal imperfections. Yucca, the natural plant extract helps moisturize and reduce inflammation. Creates an ultra-smooth base allowing for maximum adhesion of nail polish. see more...

Emma U.
This base coat doesn't do anything different than a regular base coat, besides it's yellowy nude color. It takes a while to dry as well. I wouldn't say it's very ridge filling at all, but it works just fine as a base coat. I wouldn't invest any extra money in it because you can get a erred quality base coat for much cheaper somewhere else. Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat
Victoria S.
Dix Hills, NY
I've recently gotten more serious about keeping my nails in good condition, as I've finally stopped my life-long habit of biting them. However, since it's taken me 21 years to start caring about my nails, they are not in very good condition. They have fairly deep ridges, and are very brittle and dry, and I was growing irritated when I'd give myself a manicure and the ridges would show throw the polish, making my nails look old and dry. I'd heard about this ridge filler treatment, and decided it was worth a shot. I am so happy that I tried it, it works marvelously! I don't have much patience when I do my nails, and I don't like waiting very long for them to dry (I always seem to get an itch somewhere!) and I was very happy to find that this base coat takes seconds to dry--and looks great just on its own, as well! Nail polish looks excellent and shiny on top, there are no traces of the ridges on my nails underneath the nail polish, and they look so professional! My nails also feel much harder and less brittle--much sturdier! I am so much more confident about my how my nails look, and much more invested in keeping them healthy and looking nice now! I am very glad I invested the money into this ridge filler, it is definitely part of my nail care regimin now!
Caitlin T.
S Hamilton, MA
I have pretty deep ridges in my nails - I think it comes from years of biting, followed by several more years of acrylics. When I started doing my own nails, I was looking for something that would basically do exactly what this product says - "Fill The Gap"! So far, so good... provides a solid base for a mani.
Liza D.
Love this product soooo much! I have used this to smooth my discolored, uneven, and ridges on my nail beds and it actually works! It is almost like a foundation for the nails, worn alone it makes my nails look very healthy and hides any imperfections. I have not used any other nail smoothing products so I have nothing to compare it to, but I love this!
Tina D.
I would like to try this my nails have ridges really bad. I will have to look for this when I go out again I am trying to get my nails to grow out more and get them in better shape.
Gabrielle K.
Love Essie! Fill the gap is nice because it creates an even coat before you apply your nail polish. It's been sold out on the Essie website but I got mine off amazon!
Christy E.
Fulton, MD
I generally like Essie products. While they aren't "super crunchy", they do have fewer nasty chemicals.
Alexandra H.
Mississauga
This nail harder is the best that I've used. It keeps my nails from chipping and peeling, and also strengthening them from always being in water. This hardener can't even be compared to others. You my end up paying a little more for it, but it is worth the extra few dollars. Would definitely buy again.
Sharon Y.
Unionville, ON
Before i got this, i would get deep, horizontal ridges every single time i applied nail polish. when i use this as a base coat, it prevents those ridges from forming. however, it doesn't really fill in the ridges. you could get away with applying a single coat of this; it mattifies and looks like nothing is there. I'm not sure how it helps with the staying quality or anything but I'm happy that it prevents my ridges!
Yisset P.
Santiago
Lo mejor, me tienen las unas preciosas, hermosas, gracias a este esmalte que se pone como base es excelente y por cierto el color que te pongas encima de la base te dura muchisimo.