BY ESSENCE #23 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

Buy on ULTA
Jessica B.
Review for: Blondy Brows 01
I've been making a huge effort to try more Essence products now that both my Ulta and Target carries their products. Up until this point, my only buys had been their holy effing grail eyeliners (seriously: buy) and because I was so impressed with the quality I did a bit of a haul.

First of all: drugstore brand eyebrow gel can be very complicated. A lot of misses and just a few hits. But Essence is definitely in the top ten when it comes to this one--I only wish they had a larger range of shades that could be better suited for my red hair.

That being said; yes, this is comparable to the highend brand you are thinking. Do I prefer it? Not-so much, but it is still a great money saver and starter product for those who are new to the eyebrow-stuff. You cannot say no to this price and if you are one of the lucky ones who have a match colour wise you should give it a try!
Rebecca T.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Browny Brows 02
I have been using the Benefit BrowVo! for a while now and was looking for an alternative. I was at Ulta and spotted this baby for only a couple bucks. After using for the first time, I was blown away! It's EXTREMELY comparable to the Benefit BrowVo!, if not better. It's very pigmented in the right places, emphasizing your brow hairs and making your brows look extremely real yet bold. The product is sleek and easy to fit into make up bags, perfect for traveling. Even the applicator is comparable to the Benefit BrowVo! (although it's a bit longer, but I don't mind too much) and applies product wonderfully. I really recommend this product if you're looking for a brow gel and don't feel like buying the Benefit one, although both are great products!
Purple d.
A few weeks after I started using my Benefit Gimme Brow, I decided to try this one out. I wanted to save money because I used to use the Gimme Brow everyday. Thankfully, this product does the same job the Gimme Brow does! The main difference between the two products is the wand size (Gimme Brow has a smaller one than this). When you get used to this one though, the wand size won't even be a problem.
Ashley R.
I've never been one for the bold eyebrows because I find that my brows are pretty full and not very sparse. I still like to keep them in place and looking tamed. I read that this was a dupe for the Benefit one so I thought I would give this a shot since I didn't want to spend a whole lot when I don't do much to my brows. This is the perfect product. Theres little fibers in this product to give your brows a little extra fill while still looking natural. It's the perfect shade because it pulls more cool toned than warm which I enjoy. This is super inexpensive and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to try tinted brow gel but don't know where to start or just like the natural brows like I do.
Nicole R.
Murrieta, CA
I got this hoping that the blonde shade would be an appropriate shade for my dark blonde brows, and it works perfectly! My eyebrows are generally very thick all over, but look more so on the inner half as on the outer half the second half of each hair is a clear bright blonde, which is not a great look. I just fill in a tiny bit where needed with a pencil or powder, and then go over it all with this to ensure that all of the hairs are evenly covered! For a quick look I'll just use this which is great as well. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that it could use a bit stronger of a hold, but that's not a huge concern for me as I just want natural brows.
Veronica C.
Greensboro, NC
Review for: Browny Brows 02
This is a GREAT budget eyebrow gel; love that it also has the tiny spoolie brush like some of the bigger, more well-known brow gels.  While the brush isn't quite as tiny as the Benefit or Glossier brush, it is on par.  This gives a nice hold to my brows without making them too crunchy or stiff.  All in all, if you're thinking of buying some of the more expensive gels and aren't sure if you want to commit, I love this little guy. In fact, I end up buying 2 at a time so I can keep one in my purse; one on my vanity.  The only critique I have (and it isn't just for essence) is that they could stand to have a few more shade options.
Jillian W.
Perrysburg, OH
Overall, I've been using this a week or so and I'm a huge fan. I will note this doesn't give a dramatic brow but rather give subtle volume for a great natural, daily look. I'm a dark blonde, light brunette and I purchased the lightest shade which I think is too light for me. It goes on easily and quickly and it holds my brows without being too stiff. It's not an exact dupe for Benefit Gimme Brow but for the price it works.
I purchased it at Ulta for $2.99! Excited to try other Essence products.
Alana N.
Lakewood, NJ
Bought this brow gel last night at #Target since I need a new one and I wanted to give #Essence another try. It was also very #cheap at $2.99. I prefer this product over their voluminous mascara. The shade looks #natural on me, however, it #flakes and has #fallout. It also is a bit #messy to apply because the wand is #thick considering I do not have big bushy eyebrows. The application is generally easy though.
Hayley B.
Caldwell, TX
Review for: Blondy Brows 01
This product is by far one of the best eyebrow products I have ever used. It goes on very easily and brushes out the hairs while it is going through. You can build it up to bold brows or just barely fill in them in. The blonde shade works perfectly for me and I am a ginger. It's also very cheap for the amazing work it does. Even someone who is not very skilled at makeup could use this product. The only product I used on my eyebrow in the photo was this one!
Theresa S.
Beverly, MA
This is not just a dupe for Benefit Gimme Brow, this is BETTER. Trust me, save your money this is TWO DOLLARS. I found the Benefit one can get clumpy very easily and apply too much product and be difficult to blend out, but not this one. It applies the perfect amount of product for a very natural looking, volumized brow. With the Benefit one I never felt like my brows looked naturally thicker and filled in but this one never lets me down. It's amazing. The ONLY thing I'll say that Benefit one has over this one is that it does keep your brows in place all day a little bit better, with this one I do set it down with a brow gel. But for $2 it's totally work it because Essence also has a really good clear brown get
Bry T.
Sayville, NY
Amanda C.
Reserve, NM
Does this product compare to to the Benefit Cosmetics gel?
Tammie D.