BY ESSENCE #12 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

• Is this a true dupe for the Gimme Brow by Benefit?5 Answers
  • Does it really works??5 Answers
  • People keep saying it's comparable to the Benefit gimme b...5 Answers
Essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara
  • "I really like this eyebrow gel. It is a great filler for the eyebrows and super easy to use!" in 293 reviews
Veronica C.
Greensboro, NC
Review for: Browny Brows 02 more...
This is a GREAT budget eyebrow gel; love that it also has the tiny spoolie brush like some of the bigger, more well-known brow gels.  While the brush isn't quite as tiny as the Benefit or Glossier brush, it is on par.  This gives a nice hold to my brows without making them too crunchy or stiff.  All in all, if you're thinking of buying some of the more expensive gels and aren't sure if you want to commit, I love this little guy. In fact, I end up buying 2 at a time so I can keep one in my purse; one on my vanity.  The only critique I have (and it isn't just for essence) is that they could stand to have a few more shade options.
Kaytlyn C.
Schertz, TX
I just bought this about a month ago, and I'm liking it, but I'm not to the point of loving it. I like how it makes my brows look when I work with it a bit, but for me, it's not quite one of those "throw it on, 5 minute makeup look" products. I find that the shades pull a bit red, not a ton, but still something I'm not a huge fan of. I also notice that the wand comes out gooped up with a ton of product, which I often have to waste by wiping it on a tissue. It a decent product & im growing to like it more as I continue to try it. :)
Theresa S.
Beverly, MA
This is not just a dupe for Benefit Gimme Brow, this is BETTER. Trust me, save your money this is TWO DOLLARS. I found the Benefit one can get clumpy very easily and apply too much product and be difficult to blend out, but not this one. It applies the perfect amount of product for a very natural looking, volumized brow. With the Benefit one I never felt like my brows looked naturally thicker and filled in but this one never lets me down. It's amazing. The ONLY thing I'll say that Benefit one has over this one is that it does keep your brows in place all day a little bit better, with this one I do set it down with a brow gel. But for $2 it's totally work it because Essence also has a really good clear brown get
Jillian W.
Perrysburg, OH
Overall, I've been using this a week or so and I'm a huge fan. I will note this doesn't give a dramatic brow but rather give subtle volume for a great natural, daily look. I'm a dark blonde, light brunette and I purchased the lightest shade which I think is too light for me. It goes on easily and quickly and it holds my brows without being too stiff. It's not an exact dupe for Benefit Gimme Brow but for the price it works.
I purchased it at Ulta for $2.99! Excited to try other Essence products.
Hayley B.
Caldwell, TX
Review for: Blondy Brows 01 more...
This product is by far one of the best eyebrow products I have ever used. It goes on very easily and brushes out the hairs while it is going through. You can build it up to bold brows or just barely fill in them in. The blonde shade works perfectly for me and I am a ginger. It's also very cheap for the amazing work it does. Even someone who is not very skilled at makeup could use this product. The only product I used on my eyebrow in the photo was this one!
Miriam F.
Chicago
Review for: Browny Brows 02 more...
I love the benefit gime brow and heard this was a dupe for it. I agree with that statement however the only difference is the benefit gime brow hols my hairs in place and the essence one not so much. I love this because when I'm running out the door in the morning this is the only makeup I wear to work. It makes my brows look a little but more full and put together without doing too much considering it's the only makeup I'm wearing . I also love using this as well after filing in my brows to as well make my brows look a bit more fullerbas it covers any places that may have been brushed away with the spoli
Aneisa A.
Staten Island , NY
It’s a little dark in my opinion but it definitely does a good job filling brows. I didn’t love this product enough to repurchase and I prefer my previous brand over this one.
Kailey P.
Pooler , GA
Review for: Blondy Brows 01 more...
When I bought this product I was under the impression that it would be pigmented enough so that I wouldn’t have to use a pencil when I was in a rush, but that’s not the case. This is EXCELLENT as a gel! Within minutes of putting it on I can’t even hardly push my eyebrows out of line lol- it really doe keep them in place all day long! And for that I have it 4 stars since I think that’s the main purpose of it and for the price you just can’t beat it! But it doesn’t have much pigment to it- so if you’re looking for a quick and easy solution to filling in your brows this is probably not the product you need.
Veronica F.
Jackson, NJ
Review for: Browny Brows 02 more...
I am so obsessed with this stuff! I picked it up at Ulta because it was only $3, and WOW. It works amazingly! It is so easy to use too. I can just apply it on my bare brows and it fills them in so naturally. But I like to fill them in a bit with a pencil (NYX Micro Brow Pencil in ash brown) and then I use this gel to set it. This combination makes my relatively thin and patchy eyebrows look so full, but still natural! The shade Browny Brows 02 is perfect for my dark brown brows; it isn't reddish like many drugstore brow products. And it lasts all day! This is a fantastic product.
Rachie K.
This is an awesome brow mascara. I wear it everyday. It's such good quality and so cheap! My eyebrows are already thick, but they have some gaps and the color lightens in certain areas. This makes my brows look fuller and keeps them in place at the same time.
If you have thin or sparse eyebrows, I would recommend filling them in first and putting this on top to give them some fullness.
Also, this mascara lasts all day and doesn't run out quickly. It's easily accessible too so you can grab it at Ulta or Target.
Devin H.
How is the shade range on this? I am looking for an alternative to benefit gimme brow in shade 1. Thanks!
Lauren Y.
How does this compare to Benefit's Gimme Brow?
Caitlin B.
Loves Park, IL
Does this flake after application?
💖Emmy 💖.
Wilmington, DE
Is this product long lasting? And does it dry down matte?
Esteban A.
From 1 to 10 how much would you use this product, and why use it?