BY ESSENCE #12 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

• Is this a true dupe for the Gimme Brow by Benefit?5 Answers
  • Does it really works??5 Answers
  • People keep saying it's comparable to the Benefit gimme b...5 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "I really like this eyebrow gel. It is a great filler for the eyebrows and super easy to use!" in 293 reviews
Sydney R.
Review for: Blondy Brows 01 more...
this works really well! it keeps my brow hairs in place and it lasts throughout the whole day. it doesn't get clumpy or thick either. it's super affordable and i really like it.
Jessica B.
Review for: Blondy Brows 01 more...
I've been making a huge effort to try more Essence products now that both my Ulta and Target carries their products. Up until this point, my only buys had been their holy effing grail eyeliners (seriously: buy) and because I was so impressed with the quality I did a bit of a haul.

First of all: drugstore brand eyebrow gel can be very complicated. A lot of misses and just a few hits. But Essence is definitely in the top ten when it comes to this one--I only wish they had a larger range of shades that could be better suited for my red hair.

That being said; yes, this is comparable to the highend brand you are thinking. Do I prefer it? Not-so much, but it is still a great money saver and starter product for those who are new to the eyebrow-stuff. You cannot say no to this price and if you are one of the lucky ones who have a match colour wise you should give it a try!
Rebecca T.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Browny Brows 02 more...
I have been using the Benefit BrowVo! for a while now and was looking for an alternative. I was at Ulta and spotted this baby for only a couple bucks. After using for the first time, I was blown away! It's EXTREMELY comparable to the Benefit BrowVo!, if not better. It's very pigmented in the right places, emphasizing your brow hairs and making your brows look extremely real yet bold. The product is sleek and easy to fit into make up bags, perfect for traveling. Even the applicator is comparable to the Benefit BrowVo! (although it's a bit longer, but I don't mind too much) and applies product wonderfully. I really recommend this product if you're looking for a brow gel and don't feel like buying the Benefit one, although both are great products!
Emily L.
Escondido, CA
I got turned on to tinted brow gels from "Queen of the Fill" and I really loved that product. Unfortunately its $20 so I was hesitant to repurchase. I was searching for an alternative and came across this Essence gel and saw it had pretty good reviews. For $3, its totally worth giving a try. For me it does the job. Since I naturally have pretty full brows, I don't usually fill them in with a pencil or pomade, I just brush a little gel through them to darken them slightly and it fills them in the perfect amount. I will repurchase in the future!
Purple d.
A few weeks after I started using my Benefit Gimme Brow, I decided to try this one out. I wanted to save money because I used to use the Gimme Brow everyday. Thankfully, this product does the same job the Gimme Brow does! The main difference between the two products is the wand size (Gimme Brow has a smaller one than this). When you get used to this one though, the wand size won't even be a problem.
Ashley R.
I've never been one for the bold eyebrows because I find that my brows are pretty full and not very sparse. I still like to keep them in place and looking tamed. I read that this was a dupe for the Benefit one so I thought I would give this a shot since I didn't want to spend a whole lot when I don't do much to my brows. This is the perfect product. Theres little fibers in this product to give your brows a little extra fill while still looking natural. It's the perfect shade because it pulls more cool toned than warm which I enjoy. This is super inexpensive and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to try tinted brow gel but don't know where to start or just like the natural brows like I do.
Neecole E.
Panorama City, CA
now that the brow gel from benefit has been discontinued, this was always a great dupe for it!! I used this one first and I have loved it ever since!! It is extremely comparable to the benefit one!! this has good color pay off and it works really well for the people who have finer, thinner hairs like I do because this really builds of up the color and volumizes it making it look like you have a thick natural brow. my hairs always stay in place with this but be careful not to put TOO much or brush too hard, that will leave you with square lookin brows! this is perfect for those who like filling in the front of the brow and not wanting to use too much product.
Elizabeth H.
Sioux Falls, SD
Review for: Browny Brows 02 more...
I have mixed feelings about this product. I really like the small wand as it’s easier to be precise in application. The results are fairly subtle, definitely on the more natural side, but still very nice. I’m not sure if there just isn’t enough product in the small tube or what, but the first few times the results are a lot better, and then it either starts running out or drying out.

It’s only $3 or $4 so giving it a try isn’t a big deal. It’s also great if you just need something to keep your brows in place on “no makeup days.”
Paige G.
Vista, CA
Review for: Soft Browny Brows 03 more...
I had this product recommended to me when I was looking to mix up my brow routine, but I was a little skeptical on how good of a quality it would be due to the extremely affordable price tag. However this product is such great quality and applies effortlessly. I get up early and applied it before I went to the gym and sweated a ton and then went to my full time job after and when I got home my brows still looked amazing and completely in place, without any bleeding of the product!
Katherine A.
Spartanburg, SC
For the price, you can't go wrong. I have really sparse brows and this product really darkens my eyebrows and makes them appear fuller, yet still more natural than completely filling them on on my "no-makeup" makeup days. It also looks good over brow pencil/powder to make them appear a little more natural. I will say it's not a gel - in the sense that it does not hold my brows in place. So if you are someone with unruly brow hairs you won't like this. Mine are so few it doesn't matter!
Bry T.
Sayville, NY
Veniza J.
Where can I buy?
Amanda C.
Reserve, NM
Does this product compare to to the Benefit Cosmetics gel?
Tammie D.