BY ESSENCE #23 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

Buy on ULTA
Melissa K.
Fountain Hill, PA
Review for: Browny Brows 02
Ive not had much experience doing my eyebrows, as I mostly never do anything to my brows except put a dark brown eyeshadow to slightly fill in sparse areas (my go to is the dark brown matte eyeshadow from Makeup Revolution's "Pink Fizz" Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette). I wanted to try something different in my makeup routine so I decided to pick up the Essence "Make Me Brow" at Ulta for only $2.99. I bought the darkest shade of the 3 colors they have to offer, "Browny Brows 02", which is the perfect shade match for my dark hair.

The way I typically like to use this product is by is by taking the small spoolie applicator and brushing off a little bit of the excess brow gel and then gently combing it through my eyebrows. This formula is very forgiving and easy to clean up if you make a mistake while applying. It does a great job of keeping the hairs in place and adding a little bit extra color and dimension. My brow hairs are still in place hours after application and wearing it all day in even in the humid summer weather. find it looks better on me when I pair it with a powder base (as mentioned above) but it applies and works just as well without any base product. It doesn't look perfect, but it is great to use if you have thicker brows and just need to keep the hairs in place, without need of a lot of extra coverage.

if you are looking for a cheap brow gel that performs just as well as the high end competitors, then I definitely recommend trying this!!
Ashley F.
Naples , FL
Review for: Soft Browny Brows 03
WOW! I love this, I have never used a brow gel or anything of the sort. I generally use a pencil or pomade. This is great.. I have never used the benefit brow gel because “dats espencive” 😂 but seriously I don’t want to spend over $20 on a brow gel..

This I put in my brows first and the fibers help create the natural full brow look I love. I still have to fill in a little with my pencil but that is because I have thin eye brows so if you have thick beautiful brows this is all you will probably need!

It does make your brows a little stiff which is fine for me because it keeps them in place but I just take my spoolie and brush them out a little.

I recommend this to everyone (unless you have very light brows because they are a little dark)
Sammi Z.
Review for: Soft Browny Brows 03
THIS IS MY FAVORITE BROW GEL TO GRAB. It is literally $3 at Ulta and I usually buy multiple when Ulta has a buy one get one 50% off sale because this is a brow gel that is good for such a reasonable price. It has a slight tint to it so I just fill in my brows lightly before I apply the gel over. It is a dupe for Benefit's Gimme Brow!! So you can save $21 by buying this instead :)
Renae S.
Georgetown, KY
Review for: Browny Brows 02
I would have given this 5 Stars.. The only reason I didn't was the product is a bit runny.  I do love the brush!  I will say that the price point is the main reason I gave it a shot.  This is the first Essence product I've ever purchased.  I was a bit worried bc it does look to me like it's a kids makeup from the packaging.  It's well worth the money and it does compare well to the Benefit give me brow.  I have dark brows, so the dark shade worked perfectly for me.  They do stay in place all day.  I didn't think I would like the fact that it has fibers, but it makes my brows full and sets them off.  I still use my brow pencil to fill them in though.  I highly recommend you give this a shot!  I'm all about getting a great look for less.  I will definitely be trying out more of their products.
kelsey m.
Surrency, GA
Review for: Blondy Brows 01
First off I would like to say that this product is an absolute steel!! It's like $2.00 I mean you can't beat that! I fill my brows in with a brown pencil but this product is perfect for adding some added volume and texture to my brows which keeps them looking more natural. The brush/spoolie is the perfect size for combing through my brows. If you look really closely, there are little fibers in the product. This product makes my eyebrows look full and natural. It keeps my brow hairs glued in place. And for the days where I don't want to draw in my brows with a pencil, I run this through my brows and it adds some tint so they don't look so scarce. This is most definitely one of my Holy Grail products. I will always have this in my kit. Plus this brand is Cruelty Free which is an added bonus.
Hope B.
Review for: Soft Browny Brows 03
This was so cheap but I guess it was too good to be true. It always clumps in my eyebrows and they don't have a good range of colors. For soft brown brown color it's almost a cool color which is not my eyebrow color. Only 3 shades is not enough for people with many shades of eyebrows. I have straight eyebrows that never stay in place but if I have the right tool I can bring them down so they aren't very straight. At first this worked but then it wore off after about 1 hour. It Flakes so much all over my face. I do not recommend this.
Marianne Z.
Review for: Browny Brows 02
This is my first brow gel product (I had seen this everywhere as a great product and dupe for pricier ones). So far so good, it does the job in managing my brow hairs while adding some color/texture. Because my brows are pretty sparse, it doesn't do the full job of filling in so I use it after a pencil or alone on days where I just want a quick/natural look.
Hannah G.
Canton
Review for: Blondy Brows 01
I really love this stuff. It’s a great one-step product to get really good but natural looking brows. I don’t do super bold brows and I don’t get them shaped at a salon, so this product helps them keep a nice shape and look like I do get them done. I like that it has fibers to help fill it is and the blonde color almost exactly matches my dark blonde hair, so if you have very light hair and want your brows to match this might be too dark. But I really think it does a lot of my brows and it’s so easy and quick and CHEAP.
Hannah S.
Round Rock, TX
Review for: Blondy Brows 01
I subscribe to the Eleventhgorgeous youtube channel and they once said this was a decent low priced alternative to "Gimme Brow." Well I love Gimme Brow, so I decided to try it.

Pros:
Under $3
Their Blondy Brows works with my light ash blonde hair
It applies evenly

Cons:
The wand you use to apply it is much harder than the Gimme Brow wants, but it doesn't seem it affect how it applies

Now I've only been using it a week or so. My bottle of Gimme Brow has lasted me like 4 months (and I use it almost daily), I'm not sure how long this will last me, but being under $3, I can buy like 8 of them before it totals up to the price of one thing of Gimme Brow.
Kailey P.
Pooler, GA
Review for: Blondy Brows 01
When I bought this product I was under the impression that it would be pigmented enough so that I wouldn’t have to use a pencil when I was in a rush, but that’s not the case. This is EXCELLENT as a gel! Within minutes of putting it on I can’t even hardly push my eyebrows out of line lol- it really doe keep them in place all day long! And for that I have it 4 stars since I think that’s the main purpose of it and for the price you just can’t beat it! But it doesn’t have much pigment to it- so if you’re looking for a quick and easy solution to filling in your brows this is probably not the product you need.
Bry T.
Sayville, NY
Amanda C.
Reserve, NM
Does this product compare to to the Benefit Cosmetics gel?
Tammie D.