BY ESSENCE #20 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

Reviews (2025)
Buy on ULTA
Kelsey B.
Minneapolis, MN
I like this a lot! The formula is thin so it's easy to use while not applying too much. I picked this up a while ago, without knowing that it was compared to the Benefit brow mascara. I've never tried the Benefit one, so I can't say how it compares, just that I think that this brow mascara truly stands on its own! Does a great job at adding a bit of color to your brows while keeping them in place!
Emily L.
North Andover, MA
Wow! I'm very very very impressed with this product! It is similar to many of the other high end brow volume products but drastically cheaper! This stays on all day without feeling crusty or hard, it has a very flexible hold to it! My only complaint would be that the color range is very small (only 2-3 shades) and the packaging is tiny, I wish it was a bit bigger for a few dollars more but over all it's fantastic!
Nicole J.
Temecula, CA
To be 100% honest, I really didnt like this brow gel. I feel the color could be pigmented more, more product should come out on the brush. The actual formula of the product was very watery and didn't sit well on my brows. I know it's cheap and I get what I pay for. After comparing my review to all of the others, I feel maybe I just got a bad batch and should purchase a new one to give it a second opinion.
Whitney J.
N Tazewell, VA
Review for: Soft Browny Brows 03 more...
For a quick pick-me-up to add some depth and appearance of fuller brows, this affordable brow Gel is very handy. No, it's not high end, so it's not a perfect fix... but it does add a little something and I keep one of these in my purse for those busy days when I forget to fill in my brows or want to go mostly au natural. I usually use it to go over my brows and fill in the gaps, and then use either my NYX Micro Pencil or ABH Brow Wiz to finalize the shape of my brows. I only give four stars because I know there are better things out there.
Alejandra M.
I bought this when everyone was raving about how great this product was and I needed to see it for myself. I tried their darkest shade because I have really dark brows and even though it was still a little bit too light for me, it did keep my eyebrow hairs in place and it made them look very nice and it wore well throughout the day. I've always had one stubborn eyebrow hair that never likes to be tamed and this did a great job at keeping it in place. It's also very cheap and such good quality for it being so cheap. Highly recommend!
Jasmin N.
I usually use Brow Benefit Eyebrow Gel Mascara "Gimme Brow" and have loved the product. My friend recommended I try this affordable alternative from Essence. Usually I believe the more you spend the better the quality. However this product may be better than the brow benefit gel mascara. The brush is not as good of quality but the solution is much more pigmented and holds my crazy eyebrow hairs better than the Gimme Brow.
Cindy H.
This will forever be my HG! I have fine eyebrow hairs and a simple swipe of Make Me Brow through them instantly makes them look thicker and fuller. That is enough for my no make up make up days, but I generally fill them in and then swipe Make Me Brow for a more put together look. You can't go wrong with the price! I use browny brows for my dark brown/black eyebrows and it looks great!
Mary Kate R.
Clemson, SC
I bought this brow gel because I heard it was a great dupe for the glossier boy brow which I love but it costs $17 and you have to order it. Also I had the issue that all the product was dried and used up in a month and a half so I didn't think it was worth my money. This product is very similar and less than $3 and you can buy it at target and Walmart so it's convenient to buy. The only thing I don't like about it is the brush tip is a little too big but I'll definitely sacrifice that for the price tag. I highly recommend!
Kayla G.
Review for: Browny Brows 02 more...
I purchased this to see how I liked it before ordering Glossier's Boy Brow, hoping it may be a cheaper dupe. I was disappointed. The color was nice, but it was difficult to apply without putting on too much product. Almost every time I used it there would be uneven streaks of product that I would have to blend out. Soon after using this I bit the bullet and ordered from Glossier, and I feel that this also doesn't keep my brows as structured as Boy Brow does. The price is great, but even so I will not be purchasing again.
Tina D.
Morgan Hill, CA
I loooove this product. It's supposed to be a dupe for the benefit eyebrow gel that was released recently, which is why I bought it and at a price point of ~3 dollars(?) I figured it wouldn't hurt me too much if it didn't work out. However, it looks great alone or over pencil and it does shape and keep your brow hairs in place. I think it's great for those lazy no makeup days where you're not trying to do a crazy instagram brow.
Bry T.
Sayville, NY
Amanda C.
Reserve, NM
Does this product compare to to the Benefit Cosmetics gel?
Tammie D.