BY ESSENCE #20 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

Reviews (2028)
Buy on ULTA
Miriam F.
Chicago
Review for: Browny Brows 02 more...
I love the benefit gime brow and heard this was a dupe for it. I agree with that statement however the only difference is the benefit gime brow hols my hairs in place and the essence one not so much. I love this because when I'm running out the door in the morning this is the only makeup I wear to work. It makes my brows look a little but more full and put together without doing too much considering it's the only makeup I'm wearing . I also love using this as well after filing in my brows to as well make my brows look a bit more fullerbas it covers any places that may have been brushed away with the spoli
Kailey P.
Pooler, GA
Review for: Blondy Brows 01 more...
When I bought this product I was under the impression that it would be pigmented enough so that I wouldn’t have to use a pencil when I was in a rush, but that’s not the case. This is EXCELLENT as a gel! Within minutes of putting it on I can’t even hardly push my eyebrows out of line lol- it really doe keep them in place all day long! And for that I have it 4 stars since I think that’s the main purpose of it and for the price you just can’t beat it! But it doesn’t have much pigment to it- so if you’re looking for a quick and easy solution to filling in your brows this is probably not the product you need.
Rachie K.
This is an awesome brow mascara. I wear it everyday. It's such good quality and so cheap! My eyebrows are already thick, but they have some gaps and the color lightens in certain areas. This makes my brows look fuller and keeps them in place at the same time.
If you have thin or sparse eyebrows, I would recommend filling them in first and putting this on top to give them some fullness.
Also, this mascara lasts all day and doesn't run out quickly. It's easily accessible too so you can grab it at Ulta or Target.
Veronica F.
Jackson, NJ
Review for: Browny Brows 02 more...
I am so obsessed with this stuff! I picked it up at Ulta because it was only $3, and WOW. It works amazingly! It is so easy to use too. I can just apply it on my bare brows and it fills them in so naturally. But I like to fill them in a bit with a pencil (NYX Micro Brow Pencil in ash brown) and then I use this gel to set it. This combination makes my relatively thin and patchy eyebrows look so full, but still natural! The shade Browny Brows 02 is perfect for my dark brown brows; it isn't reddish like many drugstore brow products. And it lasts all day! This is a fantastic product.
Shonda C.
Sparta, TN
I bought this before Christmas. Low price, convenient to use.. I use it two to three times a week. It does keep everything in place, as it says. I'd gotten the brown color, it fills in color and holds. I'd recommend for someone with natural brows that wants to hold in place. If you are looking to fill in spots, or don't have much for eyebrows, I'd try something else. This is more of a colored gel with some fibers. It is super easy to use though.
Abby A.
Versailles, Ohio
I tried this out because I heard it is a dupe for the benefit gimme brow, and while they are similar in packaging and the type of product, the formula is not the same. Don't get me wrong, it is still an amazing brow gel and it does do what it is supposed to, but if you get it thinking it's going to be exactly the same you will be disappointed. There are only two shades of this, so that isn't the best, but I paid $2.99 for this and it has lasted for 5 months. I love using this on its own or layered over my brow pencil. I probably won't buy the benefit gimme brow again because this is enough for my brows
Elizabeth K.
I have tried Benefit's Give Me Brow and I really couldn't tell the difference between the two. I like that this is a fiber mascara as well, and the price is amazing. 03 Browny Browns is a dupe of #3 in Benefit - a true medium brown. However, though my hair is medium brown, as my brows are thin I thought 02 Soft Brown looked better on me - it was more of a taupe color. The brush is also very similar to Benefit's Give Me Brow - it's a mini spoolie for better precision. This is great, because a lot of brow mascaras have a big brush that is difficult to use. For the price I really can't think of a reason to go with Give Me Brow unless you just want a big tube of product.
Angela L.
Palm Springs, CA
I bought this at my local Ulta, and was super excited since it was an inexpensive find! My brows are a bit sparse in the tail area, just to give some background. The brow gel doesnt add as much color to my brows as I would like, and it doesn't seem like it's doing anything to hold my brows in place either.

If your brows are already semi full, this may work for you, but I don't think it will do much to tame unruly brows!
Alex M.
Massapequa, NY
Favorite drug store brow gel! I would say this is a really close dupe for the Benefit gimme brow gel. It has tiny fibers in it that mimic the look of hairs-perfect if you're in a rush and don't have time to do your brows with pencil. Just run it through your brows a few times. If you are a taupe ABH brow wiz user like me, this gel in the shade "01 blondy brows" is the most cool tone gel I've found. I hate blonde/taupe shades that pull more warm because they give me red ginger brows. This is so great for the price! Found mine at Target!
Nicole H.
Toledo, OH
I personally feel like Essence doesnt get the recognition it deserves. I had never head of the brand until I got a mascara a while back in I belive my Ipsy box, and I loved that mascara! I was completely shocked when I found out this brand is actually SUPER CHEAP and they carry it at Ulta! I just got this not that long ago, and I'm just starting to experiment with gel on my eyebrows. I found that if I apply this very lightly and kinda comb and place my brows with the wand, let it dry and then do the pencil is the best way to go about it. don't overcoat though!
Bry T.
Sayville, NY
Amanda C.
Reserve, NM
Does this product compare to to the Benefit Cosmetics gel?
Tammie D.