BY ESSENCE #22 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

Buy on ULTA
Veronica C.
Greensboro, NC
Review for: Browny Brows 02
This is a GREAT budget eyebrow gel; love that it also has the tiny spoolie brush like some of the bigger, more well-known brow gels.  While the brush isn't quite as tiny as the Benefit or Glossier brush, it is on par.  This gives a nice hold to my brows without making them too crunchy or stiff.  All in all, if you're thinking of buying some of the more expensive gels and aren't sure if you want to commit, I love this little guy. In fact, I end up buying 2 at a time so I can keep one in my purse; one on my vanity.  The only critique I have (and it isn't just for essence) is that they could stand to have a few more shade options.
Theresa S.
Beverly, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is not just a dupe for Benefit Gimme Brow, this is BETTER. Trust me, save your money this is TWO DOLLARS. I found the Benefit one can get clumpy very easily and apply too much product and be difficult to blend out, but not this one. It applies the perfect amount of product for a very natural looking, volumized brow. With the Benefit one I never felt like my brows looked naturally thicker and filled in but this one never lets me down. It's amazing. The ONLY thing I'll say that Benefit one has over this one is that it does keep your brows in place all day a little bit better, with this one I do set it down with a brow gel. But for $2 it's totally work it because Essence also has a really good clear brown get
Alana N.
Lakewood, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Bought this brow gel last night at #Target since I need a new one and I wanted to give #Essence another try. It was also very #cheap at $2.99. I prefer this product over their voluminous mascara. The shade looks #natural on me, however, it #flakes and has #fallout. It also is a bit #messy to apply because the wand is #thick considering I do not have big bushy eyebrows. The application is generally easy though.
Hayley B.
Caldwell, TX
Review for: Blondy Brows 01
This product is by far one of the best eyebrow products I have ever used. It goes on very easily and brushes out the hairs while it is going through. You can build it up to bold brows or just barely fill in them in. The blonde shade works perfectly for me and I am a ginger. It's also very cheap for the amazing work it does. Even someone who is not very skilled at makeup could use this product. The only product I used on my eyebrow in the photo was this one!
Miriam F.
Chicago
Review for: Browny Brows 02
I love the benefit gime brow and heard this was a dupe for it. I agree with that statement however the only difference is the benefit gime brow hols my hairs in place and the essence one not so much. I love this because when I'm running out the door in the morning this is the only makeup I wear to work. It makes my brows look a little but more full and put together without doing too much considering it's the only makeup I'm wearing . I also love using this as well after filing in my brows to as well make my brows look a bit more fullerbas it covers any places that may have been brushed away with the spoli
Veronica F.
Jackson
Review for: Browny Brows 02
I am so obsessed with this stuff! I picked it up at Ulta because it was only $3, and WOW. It works amazingly! It is so easy to use too. I can just apply it on my bare brows and it fills them in so naturally. But I like to fill them in a bit with a pencil (NYX Micro Brow Pencil in ash brown) and then I use this gel to set it. This combination makes my relatively thin and patchy eyebrows look so full, but still natural! The shade Browny Brows 02 is perfect for my dark brown brows; it isn't reddish like many drugstore brow products. And it lasts all day! This is a fantastic product.
Abby A.
Versailles, Ohio
Beauty Junkie Expert
I tried this out because I heard it is a dupe for the benefit gimme brow, and while they are similar in packaging and the type of product, the formula is not the same. Don't get me wrong, it is still an amazing brow gel and it does do what it is supposed to, but if you get it thinking it's going to be exactly the same you will be disappointed. There are only two shades of this, so that isn't the best, but I paid $2.99 for this and it has lasted for 5 months. I love using this on its own or layered over my brow pencil. I probably won't buy the benefit gimme brow again because this is enough for my brows
Elizabeth K.
I have tried Benefit's Give Me Brow and I really couldn't tell the difference between the two. I like that this is a fiber mascara as well, and the price is amazing. 03 Browny Browns is a dupe of #3 in Benefit - a true medium brown. However, though my hair is medium brown, as my brows are thin I thought 02 Soft Brown looked better on me - it was more of a taupe color. The brush is also very similar to Benefit's Give Me Brow - it's a mini spoolie for better precision. This is great, because a lot of brow mascaras have a big brush that is difficult to use. For the price I really can't think of a reason to go with Give Me Brow unless you just want a big tube of product.
Nicole H.
Toledo, OH
I personally feel like Essence doesnt get the recognition it deserves. I had never head of the brand until I got a mascara a while back in I belive my Ipsy box, and I loved that mascara! I was completely shocked when I found out this brand is actually SUPER CHEAP and they carry it at Ulta! I just got this not that long ago, and I'm just starting to experiment with gel on my eyebrows. I found that if I apply this very lightly and kinda comb and place my brows with the wand, let it dry and then do the pencil is the best way to go about it. don't overcoat though!
Whitney J.
N Tazewell, VA
Review for: Soft Browny Brows 03
For a quick pick-me-up to add some depth and appearance of fuller brows, this affordable brow Gel is very handy. No, it's not high end, so it's not a perfect fix... but it does add a little something and I keep one of these in my purse for those busy days when I forget to fill in my brows or want to go mostly au natural. I usually use it to go over my brows and fill in the gaps, and then use either my NYX Micro Pencil or ABH Brow Wiz to finalize the shape of my brows. I only give four stars because I know there are better things out there.
Bry T.
Sayville, NY
Amanda C.
Reserve, NM
Does this product compare to to the Benefit Cosmetics gel?
Tammie D.