BY ESSENCE #21 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

Buy on ULTA
Melissa K.
Fountain Hill, PA
Review for: Browny Brows 02
Ive not had much experience doing my eyebrows, as I mostly never do anything to my brows except put a dark brown eyeshadow to slightly fill in sparse areas (my go to is the dark brown matte eyeshadow from Makeup Revolution's "Pink Fizz" Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette). I wanted to try something different in my makeup routine so I decided to pick up the Essence "Make Me Brow" at Ulta for only $2.99. I bought the darkest shade of the 3 colors they have to offer, "Browny Brows 02", which is the perfect shade match for my dark hair.

The way I typically like to use this product is by is by taking the small spoolie applicator and brushing off a little bit of the excess brow gel and then gently combing it through my eyebrows. This formula is very forgiving and easy to clean up if you make a mistake while applying. It does a great job of keeping the hairs in place and adding a little bit extra color and dimension. My brow hairs are still in place hours after application and wearing it all day in even in the humid summer weather. find it looks better on me when I pair it with a powder base (as mentioned above) but it applies and works just as well without any base product. It doesn't look perfect, but it is great to use if you have thicker brows and just need to keep the hairs in place, without need of a lot of extra coverage.

if you are looking for a cheap brow gel that performs just as well as the high end competitors, then I definitely recommend trying this!!
Alisha P.
Review for: Blondy Brows 01
Oh eM Geee! I absolutely love this product! And it’s super cheap! No got mine from Ulta but I have seen it at Fred Meyer. The small little brush is good so you only get it where intended and it is a nice taupe ash color that is nice and cool and not warm. I’m a light brunette and this matches my brows for a nice natural look look that doesn’t scream look at my brows they’re painted on and fake. It enhances what you have and looks polished!
Melanie L.
Middlesboro, KY
Review for: Soft Browny Brows 03
I should have gotten this in a darker color so I'm not going to deduct points for my mistake but... I don't use this on it's own, I use it as a setting gel after I fill my brows in with a pencil and I really like it! It doesn't make them super crunchy, but I use the smallest amount. I can't imagine it would fill in much if used on its own but I will repurchase for the price and the fact it does what I need it to do.
Michelle S.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
Review for: Soft Browny Brows 03
I love this stuff! I have been using Benefit’s product that is similar to this, but it’s also 8x the price. This Essence product gets the job done for me. Even with the Benefit product, I would apply it after I filled in my brows with a pencil just to add dimension and hold. This accomplishes that task. The only reason I took off one star is because the application is a little long so you need to be extra careful.
kelsey m.
Surrency, GA
Review for: Blondy Brows 01
First off I would like to say that this product is an absolute steel!! It's like $2.00 I mean you can't beat that! I fill my brows in with a brown pencil but this product is perfect for adding some added volume and texture to my brows which keeps them looking more natural. The brush/spoolie is the perfect size for combing through my brows. If you look really closely, there are little fibers in the product. This product makes my eyebrows look full and natural. It keeps my brow hairs glued in place. And for the days where I don't want to draw in my brows with a pencil, I run this through my brows and it adds some tint so they don't look so scarce. This is most definitely one of my Holy Grail products. I will always have this in my kit. Plus this brand is Cruelty Free which is an added bonus.
Hope B.
Review for: Soft Browny Brows 03
This was so cheap but I guess it was too good to be true. It always clumps in my eyebrows and they don't have a good range of colors. For soft brown brown color it's almost a cool color which is not my eyebrow color. Only 3 shades is not enough for people with many shades of eyebrows. I have straight eyebrows that never stay in place but if I have the right tool I can bring them down so they aren't very straight. At first this worked but then it wore off after about 1 hour. It Flakes so much all over my face. I do not recommend this.
America R.
Denver, CO
Review for: Soft Browny Brows 03, Browny Brows 02
I really like this product. When I'm just being lazy but I don't want my eyebrows to look so flat I apply this and it looks like I did them it's a great product it is pigmented and true to color it goes on well and doesn't leave clumpsball over your eyebrow
Hannah G.
Canton
Review for: Blondy Brows 01
I really love this stuff. It’s a great one-step product to get really good but natural looking brows. I don’t do super bold brows and I don’t get them shaped at a salon, so this product helps them keep a nice shape and look like I do get them done. I like that it has fibers to help fill it is and the blonde color almost exactly matches my dark blonde hair, so if you have very light hair and want your brows to match this might be too dark. But I really think it does a lot of my brows and it’s so easy and quick and CHEAP.
Hannah S.
Round Rock, TX
Review for: Blondy Brows 01
I subscribe to the Eleventhgorgeous youtube channel and they once said this was a decent low priced alternative to "Gimme Brow." Well I love Gimme Brow, so I decided to try it.

Pros:
Under $3
Their Blondy Brows works with my light ash blonde hair
It applies evenly

Cons:
The wand you use to apply it is much harder than the Gimme Brow wants, but it doesn't seem it affect how it applies

Now I've only been using it a week or so. My bottle of Gimme Brow has lasted me like 4 months (and I use it almost daily), I'm not sure how long this will last me, but being under $3, I can buy like 8 of them before it totals up to the price of one thing of Gimme Brow.
Elizabeth H.
Sioux Falls, SD
Review for: Browny Brows 02
I have mixed feelings about this product. I really like the small wand as it’s easier to be precise in application. The results are fairly subtle, definitely on the more natural side, but still very nice. I’m not sure if there just isn’t enough product in the small tube or what, but the first few times the results are a lot better, and then it either starts running out or drying out.

It’s only $3 or $4 so giving it a try isn’t a big deal. It’s also great if you just need something to keep your brows in place on “no makeup days.”
Bry T.
Sayville, NY
Amanda C.
Reserve, NM
Does this product compare to to the Benefit Cosmetics gel?
Tammie D.