BY ESSENCE #23 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

Buy on ULTA
Holly R.
Cincinnati, OH
I thought this brow gel mascara was pretty good. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was because it appeared a little dark on my blonde eyebrows, so I had to apply the product lightly. I think this would work awesomely on someone who has darker eyebrows! The first picture is of my eyebrow with no product, and the second picture is of my eyebrow with the product. Here is my list of pros and cons:
Pros:
-Creamy Formula
-Easy to Apply
-Makes Your Eyebrows Stay in Place All Day
-Fills in Eyebrows Just Enough to Give a Natural Looking Brow
Cons:
-Darker Color
-Has a "Hard" Effect (the gel makes your eyebrows a little stiff, but it helps them stay in place)

I think this eyebrow gel mascara is good for someone looking to have a natural brow, or if you wanted to use it as more of a "top coat" if you are going for a more dramatic look. I really do like this product and I like the way it fills in your brows- not to harsh and it doesn't look fake. If you are looking for something to keep your eyebrows in place as well as give them a fuller look, this would be a great product for you!
I received this product at a discount for an honest review. This does not effect the hard work, time, and effort I put into my reviews. Each review is 100% honest and genuine.
Jennifer S.
I used a deluxe sample of Benefit's Gimme Brow for a while, and as it was starting to run low I began a search for a comparable drugstore dupe. I loved the product but $25 is out of my typical price range. I'm occasionally willing to shell out that much for a lip product but for everything else it's drugstore products for me. I came across this Essence brow gel at Target and it appeared to be super similar to the Benefit one, so I purchased it to try out. For the most part it's a decent dupe for Benefit, but not completely the same. I feel like I have to work a little more with this Essence gel and spend more time getting the same result. And the wand with this one is a little scratchy. But it shapes and fills in my brows exactly like the Gimme Brow does, so overall this was a winner. I only wish it came in more than two shades - the brunette was just a tad too dark for my liking but hopefully they'll expand the color range at some point. Otherwise a great bargain for three bucks.
Brittany H.
Atlanta, GA
All I have to say is WOW! First off, let me say that I am a big fan of Essence products, I love their eyeshadow primer. But this stuff is definitely holy grail for me. I have really thick brows so I don't usually purchase any brow products at all, I normally just get my brows waxed and I'm good to go. But this stuff has been a life saver for me. I use it when I'm in between weeks of getting my brows done, just to fill in some sparse areas and it works like a gem. Although I've never purchased the other products myself, many people even say this is better then theirs Anastasia brow products for more then half the price.
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
I picked this up to compare to my Benefit Gimme Brow and oh wow, this one is replacing it as my dupe. I have black hair and black eyes, "Browny Brows" the darkest shade, is a perfect match for me. It truly does enhance my brow hairs and mimic natural full brows without going overboard. The fibers are great for helping with that. Their packaging is okay, nothing fancy. I do like their brow wand vs. the Benefit's tiny itsy bitsy one that can get messy. I can see the limited color range being a problem for some people, but luckily it works for me. Score for it being so cheap also!
Kaytlyn C.
Schertz, TX
I just bought this about a month ago, and I'm liking it, but I'm not to the point of loving it. I like how it makes my brows look when I work with it a bit, but for me, it's not quite one of those "throw it on, 5 minute makeup look" products. I find that the shades pull a bit red, not a ton, but still something I'm not a huge fan of. I also notice that the wand comes out gooped up with a ton of product, which I often have to waste by wiping it on a tissue. It a decent product & im growing to like it more as I continue to try it. :)
Rachie K.
This is an awesome brow mascara. I wear it everyday. It's such good quality and so cheap! My eyebrows are already thick, but they have some gaps and the color lightens in certain areas. This makes my brows look fuller and keeps them in place at the same time.
If you have thin or sparse eyebrows, I would recommend filling them in first and putting this on top to give them some fullness.
Also, this mascara lasts all day and doesn't run out quickly. It's easily accessible too so you can grab it at Ulta or Target.
Maggie B.
As someone who is always on the look for drugstore priced dupes for high end products, I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up this product. Easily the same product as the Benefit Gimme Brow, however much cheaper in price. I love the hold that this product gives to my eyebrows for an all day look. Towards the ends of my eyebrows, there are less hairs and this product attaches to each hair and makes my eyebrows look very full. I highly suggest to anyone looking to have awesome and full eyebrows.
Charmaine D.
This brow gel is really amazing. It's affordable and it makes the brows look nice. I think I would be a dupe for the Benefit Give Me Brow but I haven't tried that on myself so I can't really say. I really like how it fills in my brows and keeps my brows in place. It doesn't hold as strong as the Anastasia brow gel but it doesn't leave my brows feeling crispy either. Its convenient to travel with and put in your makeup bag because of how small it is. I definitely recommend it if you find it.
Lori B.
O Fallon, MO
I looooooove this product. It brought my brow game to a new level. It makes it so easy to fill in my brows. I use a pencil to shape my brows and then use this product. This has mini fibers in it which help plump my brows. It is such a great value! You can't get much better than this!

The only thing I wish is that there was more color variety. The brown is a little to dark and the blonde would be too light. I am going to Prichard the blonde to try and make my own custome shade.
Emily T.
Knoxville, TN
I was so excited to find a dupe for Benefits Gimmie brow and for $3 it quickly made it's way into my basket. For the price it's perfect for a quick brow fill in, but I can't say I love it! I found the brush size to be a bit larger than benefit and the dark was too dark for me but the light much too light. Overall I recommend this product to someone just starting out when filling in their brows or someone that just wants a cheap alternative to keep on hand for quick fill ins.
Bry T.
Sayville, NY
Amanda C.
Reserve, NM
Does this product compare to to the Benefit Cosmetics gel?
Tammie D.