BY ESSENCE #34 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

If you prefer pressed powder, this fine, compact powder is for you! It can be applied above foundation to mattify your skin and set your make-up. For a matt, natural and smooth complexion. It’s perfect when you’re out and about with your girls!

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

• Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder does it cre...5 Answers
  • Does this cause flashback with flash photos?4 Answers
  • what do you think about this beauty product??6 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "this is an amazing product, it reduce the oil during the day, keep the make up really in place. doesn't lighten you foundation, it really leaves no colour att all. it is easy to re-aply. this is one of the better fixing powder i have ever tried. i buy it over and over again, and even got my friends addicted. " in 299 reviews
Lindsey P.
Muskegon, MI
Great mattifing setting powder and the price is too good to be true! I pickled up Essence All About Matt fixing compact powder during a BOGO 50%off sale since I had heard some good reviews and I'm always looking for new setting powders. I'm oily, not as bad as I used to be but this keeps my oil from breaking through my foundation and it gives me a lovely velvety finish. A little goes a long way, be careful, you can go overboard quickly. I really like that I can use multiple tools for application and they all work the same in the end, that's not common for me at least. A powder brush to dust all over, a more dense brush for pressing onto the skin, a damp OR dry beauty sponge Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder ... they all easily work with this powder and give a airbrush finished look. Give it a try for a few dollars!
Angie G.
Having an oily t-zone, I'm always on the lookout for the most amazing mattifying product. While this one is not that, I do like it in general. It helps extent the matteness of my matte foundation by about an hour or so, but it does eventually have to be reapplied. I kind of just ended up using as a blotting powder for when I get oily. The powder is really fragile and breaks easily. I like the price and I do like how it looks over my foundation, I just wish it lasted longer. I'm going to keep searching for the perfect product and won't be repurchasing this.
Asha N.
South Windsor, CT
This is an amazing setting powder! I use this everyday to bake my under eyes, and set my makeup overall. It does a wonderful job keeping my makeup looking matte, and I’m an extremely oily person! I was very shocked that I didn’t “leak” my oils through this. I’m in love.

There is the flashback though, and I don’t use flash very much in my selfies; but it has a lot of flashback. You might as well be the Holy Ghost if you are wearing this but use flash.

Not an issue for me because I use natural lighting in my photos.
Sara S.
This is my favorite setting powder of all time! Since I'm fair skinned, it's so hard to find a powder that's "translucent" that doesn't turn orange on my skin. I've tried to many before, but this is my go to. It's cheap, lightweight, and doesn't leave a white cast behind. It melts into my skin and leaves me looking fresh and matte all day long.
Mary anne M.
West Covina, CA
This powder does a great job of helping to mattify my face, especially as my skin type is oily. I wear this on top of my foundation & the  ULTA Mattifying Balm . Those two products combined have kept my face matte in Southern California summers for at least 10 hours. The one down-side to this product is that it is not translucent, so it will make you look a little bit lighter if you apply too much of it or don't do anything to add more color on top of it. I usually sweep my foundation brush over my face again after I add this powder, just to try to even things out a little bit. You could also do a very thin layer of your regular face powder if you want, but I stopped using one after I starting use the combo of the Essence powder & ULTA balm. If you are going to use a face powder, I suggest a loose one because anything more can feel cakey on top of the Essence powder.
Kelsee H.
Fryeburg, ME
This stuff is lifechanging! I've got shiny skin all the time, no matter the season, and this stuff stays put and reduces shine at a great price.

I just happened to see it at Ulta on my last trip and for $4, I couldn't say no. I've used it over a full face of makeup and then just on my t-zone area with a little moisturizer when I'm feeling more lazy about makeup.

Highly recommended!
Mariel G.
San Antonio, TX
This stuff is highly rated for a reason. It really packs a punch for being such a small product. I use it with a big fluffy brush and apply it all over my face to set my foundation. It does leave a bit of a white cast. I don’t love it as much as Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder but it’s better for those who are on a shoestring budget or don’t like the fragrance of the other product.
Sarah l.
Penfield, NY
This was the first setting powder i ever used when i was first starting out on my make up journey. It’s a great product to start with especially for the price! My only pushback is that the presses powder will get everywhere if you’re not gentle with it and use the right brush. Other than that it goes on translucent and doesn’t leave you Cakey. It sets everything decently too!
Celia S.
Henderson, NV
I used this powder a few years ago and really loved it. It does exactly what it claims to do. It gets rid of shine and gives a matte finish. I was very disappointed when I couldn’t find it anymore at the store. I would definitely repurchase. It’s soft and doesn’t give the look of a flash back on photos. Price point is very affordable as well.
Susana T.
Oakland, CA
This is a superb deal for those who can’t splurge on the higher end mattifying face powders. It is not completely colorless as we all know white powders cast ashy on certain skin tones. But overall this is great, my issue with mine was that it fell and the packaging didn’t prevent breakage but it is a powder after all.
Claire L.
Would I be able to use this for baking?
Cathy W.
How does it work for acne-prone and sensitive skin? I'm very scared about breakouts. Thanks!
Karla bm-179736 J.
Doral, FL
what do you think about this beauty product??
Nela K.
Gregorovce
Hey, beauties. I'm going to the drugstore tomorrow and I want to know if this powder leaves your foundation cakey or not because I am broke somehow so the only thing available for me at the moment is this one!
Kelsey L.
Where can I get this at?! I've been looking what feels like everywhere for it!