Erno Laszlo Light Controlling Lotion uploaded by Alyssa S.

BY ERNO LASZLO

Tried and true. Our very first toner ever made, this cult-favorite has remained an essential part of a skin-detoxifying routine thanks to its gentle but effective exfoliation and pore-tightening powers. By sweeping away oil and bacteria while binding moisture to the skin, this toner leaves your face soothed, pH-balanced and perfectly prepped for what comes next. Features a cast of refining ingredients such as:

• Sweet birch to lightly exfoliate dead skin cells and clear the way for newer, younger ones.

• Clove oil, a soothing antiseptic, to help eliminate the oil and bacteria that can lead to breakouts or dullness while calming irritation.

• Glycerin, a natural moisture magnet, to attract and hold hydration for a glowing complexion.

What It's Formulated Without
Phthalates, Parabens, Petrolatum, Colorants, Sulfates and Mineral Oil

Water (Aqua/Eau), Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Parfum (Fragrance), Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene.

Marissa R.
I really wanted to love this, but I had to knock off 2 stars for the horrendous fragrance and 1 for the product itself. It smells EXACTLY like a powdered baby diaper and it didn't go away even after applying makeup and wearing for my 12-hour day. I tried it day and night for about 2 weeks, and I would get constant whiffs of it throughout the day every single time. For the product itself, I didn't notice much of a difference. I did feel "cleaner" and "fresher", but I didn't notice any skin benefits besides that. Maybe it just wasn't the product for me and would work out for someone else.
Monsita S.
Dallas
I was excited to try this after hearing so many positive things about it but I wasn't impressed. For starters, it's pretty expensive (although I would've been willing to overlook that if I had liked the product). Second of all, the toner burns my skin and the feeling is pretty unbearable. Thirdly, it has done nothing positive for my skin, despite using it for about 1 month and a half now. I will say that it does make my face feel cleaner but that's pretty much it.
Samantha S.
Staten Island, NY
“If it burns it’s working”? I think my skin might be a bit too sensitive to this toner but it does clean very well and I definitely feel like my face is balanced after use. However this toner is INCREDIBLY expensive. So if you aren’t looking to spend more than $20 on a toner, definitely look somewhere else.
Maggie H.
Sacramento, CA
I use this toner along with the whole Erno Laszlo system. My skin feels so clean and healthy afterward. It doesn’t sting like other brands and it really gets out the dirt that gets left behind after washing my face.
Deanna C.
Russell, MA
I received a sample of this in my boxycharm subscription box and love it! I apply this to my face after cleansing like a toner. After it dries your face will feel so incredibly soft. Just be careful you don't use it near your eyes. I will be purchasing more when I run out!
Jen C.
Mebane, NC
I liked this toner. It left my skin feeling clean, looking bright, and ready for moisturizer. It’s pricey, but a good buy. I got a free sample in one of my Sephora orders, and will consider buying it the next time I shop for a toner.
Ashley L.
Marysville, PA
I love this product! I’ve been using it since I was a teen and it is a staple in my daily skin care routine. It leaves my skin fresh and clean without any harsh chemicals. I highly recommend anything Erno Lazlo creates! Love this product and the brand.
Michaela T.
I love this toner! I swear by it and use it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night before I go to bed. When I have extra oily skin, I use it in the afternoon as well. Swipe a cotton ball of this toner over your face and you can see all the dirt and oil that has been soaking into your skin all day. This has no salicylic acid so if you are taking acne medications and/or creams you do not have to worry about interactions with this product. This does seem expensive, but it does last for a while and it is well worth it if you have oily skin.
Brianne R.
I use this on my T-Zone in the summer. It doesn't over-dry my sensitive combination skin, and when I use it I don't get breakouts. In the winter when I don't use it daily, if I happen to get a breakout, I dab this on the zit, and it takes care of it without drying out my skin. It's probably not for everyone, but for those of us who find most traditional astringents too strong, it's a great product.
Alyssa S.
El Paso, TX
I absolutely love this toner and anything Erno Laszlo for that matter! This toner is a bit pricey, but it makes my skin feel so smooth and not tight like most toners. I really love the way this makes my skin look and I use it in my everyday routine. I highly recommend!
Roma D.
Is this heavy and does it work under makeup?