ERGObaby Original Collection uploaded by Ginamarie M.ERGObaby Original Collection uploaded by Ginamarie M.ERGObaby Original Collection uploaded by Natasha T.

BY ERGOBABY

ERGOBABY® Original Baby Carrier Functional Comfortable Award-Winning. Sleeping Hood. Large Zippered Storage Pocket. Machine Washable. Padded Shoulder & Waist Straps The Original ERGOBABY Carrier, the design that started it all, has evolved to be more comfortable than ever.  Composed of soft & durable cotton canvas, with high-density padding & adjustable straps, the Original ERGOBABY Carrier provides a perfect fit for parent & baby.  As with all ERGOBABY carriers, this keeps baby safe, close & comforted while giving you freedom of movement. From the moment your baby is born, there is nothing y. see more...

• Is this comfy for a 2 month old?1 Answers
  • Does this one allow baby to face forward? 2 Answers
  • Would this work well for someone with a short torso?2 Answers
ERGObaby Original Collection
  • "Didn't like it when she was little and I had to use the infant insert but once she was big enough to use it without it has become our go to carrier no matter what we are doing!" in 7 reviews
  • "We wore this front carry until my son was probably 8 months or so (he's tiny) and now do back carry." in 5 reviews
  • "The hood is also perfect for concealing baby eating, holding their head when in a back carry and they fall asleep or even just sheltering from the sun or catching crumbs when I'm out eating and using my two hands while all the other moms stare ;)" in 5 reviews
  • "It's made it very easy for both my husband and I to get things done and still have our little munchkin with us." in 3 reviews
Loralyn P.
Norman, Ok
I bought every kind of baby carrier out there. A Moby wrap, a mei tie, a baby sling, and finally an ergo baby. I'm mad that I bought it last b/c I wasted my money on every other carrier. Everything else is thrown into storage and I don't even know where they are. Moby wrap was way too complicated to do by myself. I've heard people say that once you figure it out and practice it, it's easy, but most moms have to lay down and do some sort of crazy aerobics routine to put it on in the morning and then end up having to wear it all day if they're going out. I figured out how to use it, but it never got easier for me. The mei tie was alright and probably the 2nd best carrier IMO, so we still use that as a secondary carrier for my toddler if my husband is going to wear her while I wear our 11mo. The baby sling scared b/c of the risk of suffocation if her head was bent too much. I've heard too many horror stories about that. The ergobaby was recommended to me and I went ahead and purchased it off eBay for less than retail, but given how much I've used it and how much i LOVE it, I'd pay well over retail for it. I use this LITERALLY every single day. It's so easy to do by myself, simple and fast enough to put on that my 2yo doesn't have a toddler meltdown waiting for mommy to strap little sister in. I recommend this to ALL of my friends who are about to have a baby or know someone who is. As far as I'm concerned, all a new paren't needs (aside from diapers) is a crib and an ergo baby. If you baby wear, there's no need for a swing, a bouncer, a rocking chair or anything b/c you can do EVERYTHING handsfree. I have the original ergobaby and I'd LOVE to try the sport b/c we do get a little warm, but that's not even a problem.
Cameron R.
I'm going to give this product a B ranking because it has many pros and cons. Pros: 1) I believe it is one of the best made carriers out. 2) it is comfortable for the adult and child. 3) the zipper pocket is convenient for the adult to store things like a phone and money or a baby toy. 4) they are rather easy to put on vs the Moby or other similar cariers. The Cons: 1) way too expensive. 2) No front carry position. 3)they have too many different styles to choose from which are all basically the same. 4) you pay all the money only to have to purchase an infant insert for your newborn.

All in all I like the product and the way it functions. It didn't work out too well for us as my son wanted to only face out. The prices of these products are ridiculous when a paren't has so many other expenses with a new baby. It really shows how the baby industry is so money hungry. For me to get the outward facing carrier it will be $40 ish dollars more which is why we haven't purchased it.
Lillian G.
I tried two other carriers that I got as gifts before turning to this one. The others ones hurt my back SO BADLY, and then one day I saw a paren't wearing this one... I asked her what she thought of it, and she only had good things to say about it. She said when she wears her baby on her back that she can't even feel the weight! Another paren't who was there said she loved hers as well, but she had one criticism - that it is hard to put on by yourself, and almost impossible to put it on your back by yourself. So I went out and bought one for myself and I have to say... don't even bother with any other carriers - this is the one that works!! It has an infant insert for newborns, and it is just so comfortable! Amazing.
Ashlee B.
Long Grove , IA
I love my ergo, love may not even be a strong enough word, this thing has made my life easier more times than I can count. I bought my ergo while on a last minute trip, I had forgotten my normal carrier and needed something to carry my newborn for the day. I went into a little shop and ended up buying the ergo with the infant insert, BEST DECISION EVER! My son is now 18 months and we still use the ergo. It is perfect for trips to the farmers market or days working on our farm. I love that I can wear him on my back and still have 2 hands available to do whatever needs done whether it is cooking dinner, picking out groceries, or feeding cattle.
Amber J.
Tucson, AZ
This carrier is AMAZING. I have used it with my son since he was 2 months old. I would of used it sooner but he didn't meat the weight requirement. This carrier is unlike most carriers out there because most carriers now a days are considered crotch danglers where they hold the baby from their crotch, the Ergo baby original carrier doesn't do that, it places the baby in a seated position allowing you to carry your baby for how ever long you would like without cause them pain or injuries. I would recommend this carrier to ANYONE. It comes in many different patterns so it is very gender neutral.
Jordan C.
Marshfield, MO
Carrying a new baby is fun because they are all tiny and sweet and smell like new baby crack. Carrying a toddler is like carrying a bag of wet cats. The Ergo is the only carrier I have found, and I have a closet full of rejects, that has held up against my almost 3 year old. She never complains about having to be in it and still has plenty of room to grow with it. Most carriers leave you with some sort of pain; shoulder, back, hip, or just plain pain in the butt to use. The Ergo has never left me sore from use even when we've used it for several hours at a time. Highly recommend this product.
Ginamarie M.
Tampa , FL
I could rave for ever and ever about this product. I am an active baby wearer with many carriers, wraps and slings but this is my go to. I use it for my 2 year old and my 7 month old. I am able to get whatever I need done. It's very easy to accomplish a back carry in and great for breastfeeding mommas. The hood is also perfect for concealing baby eating, holding their head when in a back carry and they fall asleep or even just sheltering from the sun or catching crumbs when I'm out eating and using my two hands while all the other moms stare ;)
Lorena D.
When looking for a baby carrier, it is important to do your research and read about the different varieties of carriers. The Ergo is a SSC (soft structured carrier) and it carries your child well from infancy (with an insert) through toddlerhood with ease. The Ergo distributes the weight of the child on your hips so that it does not strain your back to carry. It is also a fantastic carrier for mom or dad be cause it adjusts easily and quickly if there is a difference in body size. I have had my ergo for almost 4 years now and I LOVE it.
Beth B.
Martinez, GA
I have tried several carriers: ring slings, pouch slings, and the mei tei, as well as woven wraps and the Ergo. While I love my slings, my Ergo is my favorite. It's incredibly comfortable for both mom and baby, and keeps baby's legs in proper position. We wore this front carry until my son was probably 8 months or so (he's tiny) and now do back carry. It's easy to use after a little practice and never leads to back pain. It's durable, and comes in many colors. I recommend it to all baby-wearing parents.
Jessa S.
Mount Joy, PA
If I'm being honest, I did not buy my Ergo. I honestly couldn't see spending that kind of money on a carrier that isn't used often. I was lucky enough to have a friend who passed hers along. Now I wonder what the heck I was thinking, they are worth every dollar! Life saver!! This ergo has made my shopping requirements so much easier to obtain, seriously... we went from whining/screaming trips to pleasant/sleeping trips. 5 stars for product, still wish is could be more affordable for the average mommy
Valerie W.
Colorado Springs, CO
Has anyone used an ergo to exercise? Was thinking to strap kiddo on to use an elliptical.
Danielle W.
Reedsburg, WI
Would this work well for someone with a short torso?
Mikael S.
Spanish Fork, UT
Has anyone used the ergo do take their toddler on hikes? Was it comfortable?
Tristyn B.
Cowarts, AL
Does this one allow baby to face forward?
Lauren C.
Morgan City, LA
Is this comfy for a 2 month old?