BY EQUATE #49 in Nail Polish Remover

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

• What is the best nail polish remover?2 Answers
  • I wonder if this long-term nail polish remover damages?3 Answers
  • Does any one know if it comes in acetone?7 Answers
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
Windham, ME
Every at-home spa day needs the perfect nail polish remover. But you have to be careful what you choose. There's nothing worse than spending 20 minutes trying to scrub off old nail polish, and having to settle. That's why I always make sure to pick up my favorite nail polish remover, Equate Regular Nail Polish Remover.

No one wants to spend an arm and a leg for such a simple product, and they shouldn't have to. Equate Regular Nail Polish Remover gets the job done, and at a great cost. This nail polish remover can be found at almost any grocery store, as well as some high end stores. They've been one of the most trusted brands for many years, and I've personally been using them since I was a little girl.

So if you're planning a spa day with your girlfriends, or just looking to relax on your own, start it off with Equate Regular Nail Polish Remover.
Sunita R.
Sunita R.
Doral, FL
This product is perfect for removing solid colour nail polishes, it comes off really easy with only a little amount of product. You can also apply some onto the cotton ball and use that amount to remove the polish of at least three fingers before needing more product and a new cotton ball. It's also very cheap which is a plus. However, it doesn't work well to remove polishes containing any sort of glitter, the more glitter it contains, the harder it will be to take off, it usually entails scrubbing the product onto your finger, but it still doesn't come off resulting in a loss of product. Apart from this, it does contain a high scent. I would recommend using it for talking off simple polishes but for glitter ones, another remover may be required.
Maureen B.
Maureen B.
Mundelein, IL
The best thing about this nail polish remover? It's about $1.50 for 10 ounces!!!! It also does the job! I can quickly remove my polish (unless it's glitter, which can take some work unless you apply an Elmer's glue 'base') without having to go over the nails several times.

Equate is Walmart's brand, so it's easy to find, as well.

The only problem with it is that this contains some ingredients that can be harsh on the nails, so I'm knocking it down one star. Finding a good balance between stripping your nails of nutrients and taking four hours to remove the polish using a product that doesn't strip the nails, seems impossible.

Does the same job the pricier brand does!
Yinka S.
Yinka S.
Elk Grove Village, IL
This I'll polish remover is great! It gets rid of your old crusty they'll polish fast and replaces it with freshly clean nails my trick is to let it soak up on a cotton ball so that it will really get all that product on the cotton ball so that it'll remove the nail twice as fast that's just my little trick! above that this is a really good product should really consider buying it if you enjoy having no trouble removing your nail polish five out of five stars for sure this is the only nail polish remover I would ever use in my entire life! Amazing quality and for such a cheap price of two dollars it is totally worth it at my Walmart!!! 😂😍❤️
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Boyertown, PA
I tend to change my nail polish about once a week and use this remover as part of the process. It is a pretty basic remover and does a good job removing light colored polish without excessive rubbing. However, when I try to remove darker polish (that deep red that we all love to put on yet dread to try to remove) it doesn't completely remove the color on the nail. This could be due to the polish more than the remover, but I can't be sure. I buy this remover based on the price since I go through nail polish remover often with changing my nail colors. Overall, it's not a bad product and usually does exactly what I need it to.
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
Equate brand is often overlooked mostly because it's walmart's store brand, but to be honest they make some pretty great products, such as this nail polish remover. It's priced at only a $1, works just as well as higher end brands and the formula is gentle on my sensitive skin, which is a good sign that again equate products aren't bad at all. I see no point in paying more for a product in the name brand if I can get the same quality from a store brand! If you're hesitant to purchase this brand, don't be, nail polish remover all does the same thing and you'll be saving money because this is only a buck!
Cynthia G.
Cynthia G.
Hollywood, FL
I change my nail polish like every two days. I only use this particular polish remover when I have a light/nude nail polish that won't require much effort to take off or if I am having some kind of brittle nail crisis which I get from time to time from gel products. I like it the most because it doesn't feel as harsh as my onyx pure acetone on my nails and cuticles. It also doesn't smell as strong as the pure acetone which drives my dog crazy because I guess he really picks up that acetone smell and he clearly hates it--this stuff doesn't make him go nuts.
maya t.
maya t.
This nail polish remover is actually pretty decent for the price. I am a repeat user of this product; it is the price that I want, and it works just as well as other nail polish removers. It is like a brand name, but with a little less potency. I would most definitely recommend this product to others because of the price it is and how it works. The only con that this product has is that it is sometimes hard to remove multiple coats of nail polish. It isn't as strong as some brands. You are getting a little over what you paid for. It is worth the buy.
Mayra G.
Mayra G.
Tucson, AZ
This is a great product i have tried several brands and find myself going back to this one. The major problem i run into is that the nail polish removers lose strenght and potency when u leave the bottle open over time this one doesn't. I use it all up before it loses its strenght. Its strong enough formula to strip your shellac or gell polish off your nails but not so strong that it will caise damage. Its very affordable and it lives up to my polush remover standard. Would definitely recommend any of the variations of this product
Katy T.
Katy T.
Tyler, TX
This polish remover is about average. I am a polish picker. When I am bored and my polish is cracking and crumbling, I pick at it. I also prefer to stick to neutrals when painting my nails. So I have not presented this nail polish remover with any articulately difficult tasks ( like a full time 10 fingers of red polish). It takes the polish off. Sometimes I may have to do a little extra scrubbing. I do not paint my nails, or remove said paint, too often. So for the price, this polish remover gets the job done alright.
Lesly R.
Lesly R.
N Branford, CT
Is it ok for sensitive skin ?
Ebony W.
Ebony W.
Does this contain any acetone??
Shara C.
Shara C.
Memphis, TN
Does any one know if it comes in acetone?
Lacey K.
Lacey K.
Portland, OR
Is this more or less affordable than the non-acetone version?
Claudia A.
Claudia A.
estado de México
I wonder if this long-term nail polish remover damages?