by Equate

Equate Ultra Strength Antacid Chewable Tablets relieve acid indigestion, heartburn and can be used as a daily source of calcium. They are naturally and artificially flavored and relieve heartburn, sour stomach, acid indigestion, and upset stomach...

Does anyone know if these work as well as Tums. They are a lot cheaper and I know equate brand sometimes is the exact same thing. Thanks!
Is this comparable with tums?
Start your review of Equate - Antacid Tablets, Ultra Strength, 1000 mg, 160 Chewable Tablets, Peppermint Flavor!
Bassett, VA
For occasional heartburn and indigestion, these work well. The peppermint flavor is quite strong, so be prepared for a kick in the taste buds. However, it's well worth it for the fairly quick relief of the heartburn. Recommended.
Pomona , CA
Equate - Antacid Tablets, Ultra Strength, 1000 mg, 160 Chewable Tablets, Peppermint Flavor uploaded by Christian S.
So this is the store brand of Tums and they work well! My fiance and I both use it when our stomachs are upset and it works within a few minutes. Cheaper than actual tumbs and I feel like you get more for what you pay.
Morgantown, WV
If I can find a product in generic form that works as well as the brand name, then I go for it.  That is what I have experienced with many Equate products, including this one.  It works quickly and gets the job done.  It is affordable and always in stock.
E Greenville , PA
My husband takes the Equate antacids fairly frequently for heartburn. They help to smooth his stomach and aren't overly flavored or chalky. They are very affordable especially in the bigger size. I would definitely recommend as a less expensive option to Tums.
Lanham, MD
These antacids are just as effective as the name brand and are 1/2 the cost. They have a softer texture than tums and seem less chalky. I think they have a better taste, especially the fruit flavors. Highly recommended for all your heartburn fighting needs.
Easton , PA
Works well to help immediately get rid of heartburn . It is the same as buying brand name in my opinion, but just a lower cost to purchase. I believe I bought it in Walmart. I will buy again in the future to relieve heartburn.
Danville, VT
These are a great value for the money. A must in our house. They work fast in relieving heartburn and are also an added source of calcium. Very minty and easy to chew.
Anchorage AK
This one or the 500mg one. the only tums like tablets I can handle. the fruit ones are just disgusting. the green mint ones are ok but leave a nasty film in my mouth. so gross. but these....if they ever discontinued these...omg I'm screwed! I ate these before I got pregnant with my first child...could only stomach these, again second child the same thing. in between pregnancy and before I was pregnant I still stand by these.
significant other keeps these on the side of the bed because of heart burn and occasional indigestion - i think they're super chalky and the mint flavor kind of makes me gag, but they do the trick. takes a little over 15 min to kick in, but they definitely help.
Warren, MI
Equate - Antacid Tablets, Ultra Strength, 1000 mg, 160 Chewable Tablets, Peppermint Flavor uploaded by Nicole S.
The antacids are kinda big. It reminds me of a big piece of candy. I usually use 2 at a time. I have tried other brand and the Equate version does a great job. I have no complaints and I would buy it again. They also work pretty quickly.