Epocrates uploaded by Marie N.

BY EPOCRATES

Access Epocrates’ trusted clinical resources faster and more conveniently than ever from your iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, or iPod touch. More than 1 million active members, including 50% of U.S. physicians, rely on Epocrates to enable better patient care by delivering the right information, right when it’s needed. Healthcare professionals worldwide use Epocrates routinely to: -Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory -Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs -Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time -Select national and regional healthcare insurance formularies for drug coverage information -Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics -Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR -Access timely medical news and research information Disease information, alternative medications, lab guides and more clinical tools and content are available on all Epocrates supported platforms by upgrading to an Epocrates Essentials subscription. A 1-year Epocrates Essentials subscription is available for $159.99. The cost will be billed to your iTunes account when your purchase is confirmed. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your account settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Epocrates Terms of Services are available here: https://www.epocrates.com/termsOfUse.do and the Epocrates Privacy Policy can be viewed here: http://www.epocrates.com/privacy see more...

• So is this like a medical encyclopedia? 9 Answers
Maria A.
Marion , VA
I am not a md (I do have my phd,tho, although not relevant) but I am a patient and I can document my meds and cross reference my meds to make sure there are no interactions, check side effects, know what levels of tests are suppose to be and keep that documented, look up terminology. It has everything the common person needs to know.
Marie N.
Grand Rapids , Mi
My go to medical app. I have used it throughout my schooling and professional career. The upgrades keep me informed of new medications and potential interactions.
April M.
Mauldin, SC
It should not be surprising to me that there is an app such as this. However, hopefully this will help me to spend less $$$$$ at the doctor's office.
Brynn B.
Syracuse, NY
I am a physician assistant student and I can honestly say that I use epocrates daily! This is the most useful app. I recommend this app to everyone!
Karen C.
All the medical info you could ever need at your fingertips. great for physicians, medical assistants and patients
Christiana H.
Edmond, Oklahoma
I'm a Paramedic and have this app on my tablet and cell phone. great app and I don't leave home without it
Kelli M.
I'm in the medical field, and while I was training I used this as a reference all the time!
Angel F.
As a nursing student, I use this app as a reference when I'm at clinical and when I need to do a quick cross check with my lectures! It's reliable and was recommended by my tutors!
Ashley P.
I'm a health professional and I use this app all the time - it's got a ton of useful info right at my fingertips.
Zorimel V.
New Bedford , MA
So is this like a medical encyclopedia?