Nikki R.
O Fallon, MO
I saw this in Honeydew which is one of my favorite flavors and really unique so I had to pick it up! A lot of people have them- I just see this little egg shaped lip balm pop up everywhere I go- so I thought it had to be great if everyone was using it right?
It just fell SO flat for me on my expectations. First the flavor was just not there, I was expecting a throwback to my lip smackers of my youth with a flavorful lip balm. The scent was strong so the flavor had to come with that right? Boy was I wrong! I was so disappointed it tasted like castor oil and wax.
Second the texture- it was hard and applied in a very thin layer like a dry lipstick. I was expecting a smooth creamy lip balm- this is a lip balm right? It made my lips almost feel dry and grainy.
I couldn’t figure out why these are so popular aside from the adorable packaging. I will say the package is fun and cute and so that part deserves at least a star.
I had to throw mine out I was so disappointed that it didn’t do anything for my lips at all :(