eos® Organic Smooth Sphere Lip BalmInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

eos® Organic Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

eos lip balm is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.

• Long-lasting moisture
  • Paraben-free
  • Petrolatum-free
  • Phthalate-free
  • 0.25 oz

Ingredients: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (Cire D'abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Natural Flavor (Aroma), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*

*Organic. **Component of Natural Flavor. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth.

Malika T.
Philadelphia, PA
I tried these lip balms on a whim mainly because of the fun packaging, but after using them I'm hooked. There super easy to apply, they smell delicious and they moisturise my lips better than most products I've tried. The product lasts quite long on my lips so I don't find myself continually applying. The shape makes it easy to find in my bag, however it gets a bit finicky to get the product out of the packaging when it gets near the bottom.
Kellie-Ann B.
Kitchener, ON
The price is rather expensive for what the product is - a lip balm. Chapstick is $0.99, and you get basically the same amount of product. What you're paying for is the gimmicky spherical packaging - which I'll admit is unique and easy to find in your purse or bag. The colours are very bright and pleasing to look at. I don't mind leaving an EOS on the counter because it looks rather pretty - compared to a regular lip balm that just looks like clutter.

The product itself is coated in a thin wax layer. When you first open the EOS balm, you have to use it a couple times until the waxy coating goes away. The wax can leave your lips a bit dry and it is quite thick. But don't give up on the product until you get rid of the wax layer.

The scent on these balms varies, but there is typically no flavor with these once you put them on your lips. The only exception is the mint one, which provides a wonderful tingly mint flavor.  Flavor Descriptions:
Summer Fruit - Strongest scent - Peaches and Strawberries (My favorite!)
Pomegranate Raspberry - Mild pomegranate scent
Tangerine SPF - Not very strong, smells more like plastic but has a hint of tangerine
Honeysuckle Honeydew - A very light and fruity honeydew scent.
Sweet Mint - Strong mint scent (and flavor) mixed with a light sweet sugary scent so the mint isn't too strong
Blueberry Acai - A very sweet blueberry scent, like a blueberry candy. Not a true blueberry fruit scent.
Passion fruit - A limited edition scent, smells vaguely fruity.
Vanilla - Another limited edition scent, smells very synthetic and fake. This is my least favorite. FORMULATION: The visibly smooth balms are much thinner, and more moisturizing. I find them to be a lot less waxy than the original line - but that was one thing I actually liked about the regular EOS balms so it's a bit of a toss up for me on which line I like better. There isn't a The visibly smooth line feels a bit more like melted butter (but less greasy) on the lips.PACKAGING: There's only two types out so far, and they are Vanilla Mint and Coconut Milk. The easiest way to tell the difference between the two lines of EOS balms is that the original balms are one solid colour, while the visibly smooth ones are one main colour with small stripes of an accenting colour. The Vanilla Mint balm is a light blue with pale blue (almost white) stripes, and the Coconut Milk is light pink with pale pink stripes.

SCENT: The Vanilla Mint one is very much like the original line "sweet mint" (the blue-green coloured one), but much less minty. The Coconut Milk smells sort of like coconut cream pie, minus all the sugar. It's a very nice scent, but the Vanilla Mint is definitely my favorite.

Overall, I really like these balms and if you like the original line, I think you will also enjoy the new visibly soft line! I hope they come out with more scents in the future, because I really enjoy this line of EOS balms.
Jess L.
Review for: Blueberry Acai more...
So where do I start... We'll I thought these lib balms were so cute and they have all these different colors and scents. So, one day I went and bought one and I was so excited to start using it. I started using it every day about a few times throughout the day. Then I started noticing that my lips were drying up. So I thought, oh, well I better put some more on because my lips are chapped. So I would put more on and the more I put on, the more chapped my lips were getting. And I'm not talking about just any ol' chapped lip, I mean my lips were really bad! They started to crack and I got a blister on my lip. It didn't matter how much of the EOS lip balm I would put on, my lips seemed to get worst.It got to the point where I couldn't even drink out of a cup because it would sting my lips so bad. Finally, my husband was like "you need to go to the doctors and get some kind of ointment for your lips because they look really bad." So I went and saw my doctor and she told me to throw away whatever I was using because I was having an allergic reaction to it. She gave me a prescription and it cleared up my lips within a week. My lips were back to normal! Never again will I ever use or touch any of the EOS products again!
Rosie G.
Newnan, GA
I used to love these. As you probably know, these were extremely popular for a while (I think about a year), but then the lawsuit happened. And the claims that eos lip balms were causing problems started trickling in. I had every eos flavor there was; they were amazing: they smelled good and tasted even better. And they were so unique and just... cool. I was using these every day, several times a day. I probably used at least three different flavors of eos lip balm per day. I kept buying more, and around the time that the first complaint became well-known, my stepmom warned me about it. She told me that it was leaving bizarre rashes around peoples mouths, but I didn't really care that much because I didn't think it would happen to me. So I continued to use it everyday. One day, I noticed that there was a dry patch right to the left of my mouth, but I didn't think much of it. I had never had an experience like this before, but I've had plenty of weird experiences, and I still brushed it off. It didn't even occur to me that it could be because of the eos. I forgot about the dry patch for a few weeks, but then I remembered that I had it and that I still didn't know why. It actually took me WAY longer than it should have to figure it out, but I eventually realized that the eos could be the problem. I didn't have a phone or a tablet or a computer because my parents didn't trust me, so I rarely had access to technology, and I never knew what was going on in the world. Eventually when I got to use technology, probably my stepmom's computer for homework, I looked up what was going on with the eos controversy and I found a few pictures. The rashes (or whatever they were) in the pictures looked EXACTLY like what was around, and next to, my mouth. I read an article and immediately realized what I had been seeing in my eos lip balms for a while. Even when I bought an eos lip balm that was brand new, even if I opened it immediately after buying it, there would usually be something in the cap that looked odd. It looked a bit like black pepper or dirt. Well, after reading that article, I realized that it was actually black mold. I have no idea why I didn't realize it sooner and why still used the lip balms without even questioning it, but I was so angry that the products that I loved and that I had wasted so much money on had ended up causing a horribly ugly rash on my face that ended up being there for months. I threw away all of my eos products immediately and never touched one again. Well, I did find one that I had bought pretty recently and I picked it up just to look at the cap, and sure enough, there was mold in it, too. It actually ended up causing me a lot of embarrassment and insecutity because the "rash" was a huge dry patch close to my mouth that was EXTREMELY itchy and EXTREMELY dry and no matter what I tried, it wouldn't go away. The only way it went away is somehow on its own several months later, and it probably went away because I had stopped using the products. By the way, I was not allergic to any of the ingredients in any of the eos lip balms, although the eos employees will say that anyone who has a bad reaction to the lip balms is only having it because they're allergic, which is not true. It was simply because of the mold (and yes, it was definitely, 100 percent, mold.) DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT.
Makia M.
Antioch , TN
Tried the pink one. It was alright but it didn't penetrate the skin. It just sat on my lips. I like products that help penetrate the skin and help you retain moisture.
Katie S.
Newton, NJ
I love the design of Eos Smooth Sphere lip balm. It's fun to put on, which sounds silly, but it's true. A lot of people are complaining that the shape is inconvenient because you can't put it in your pocket, but I avoid keeping lip balm in my pockets anyway because I'm afraid they'll melt. I also think this is easier to find in a bag than the little tubes of lip balm. My only complaint is that I wish is was more moisturizing. It does a decent job, but especially at bed time, I would prefer something that lasts longer.
Alexis D.
Clintondale, NY
Very purse friendly (doesn't take up much room) At first was a little strange to apply, but nonetheless a great smooth and moisturizing effect. Love that it is organic!
Shannon G.
North Liberty, IA
I am obsessed with these lip balms! At first I didn't see the big deal about these except for their shape. And then I got one for my birthday and now I am hooked! They are so smooth and smell so delicious. The large amount you get is perfect for a quick application. LOVE THESE! MUST HAVE!
Corrine W.
New Smyrna Beach, FL
I really like the sphere shape, it is hard to misplace and easy to find in my bag. This lip balm isn't waxy and is very soothing & hydrating. Right now I have Lemon Drop, but I liked Summer Fruit the best.
Maia C.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Passion Fruit more...
I discovered EOS lip balms in a beauty store years ago. Shortly after purchasing my first one, I became obsessed and had to have more!

EOS lip balms in general are decent sized, and are supposedly more "ergonomic" to apply. I haven't noticed that I use it more or less than other lip balms, but I do like how smoothly it applies. The product is also smooth once applied (not gritty), and lasts on my lips for a couple hours. I also like that it is certified organic; I am conscious about what I put on and in my body so this allows me to have no worries about what chemicals I'm consuming when I wear this!

I have found that though this lip balm is difficult to carry in a front pants pocket, it fits well in a sweatshirt pocket, or is easy to find in my purse. It stays closed well- the lid is screw on/screw off and "clicks" to secure it when fully closed.

I have a lot of flavors of this lip balm, and though I cannot claim to be an expert on passion fruit, I do enjoy the scent of this one. It is light and tropical, just enough to remind me of a summer day while (somehow still) being stuck in the dead of winter! It actually reminds me of EOS Evolution of Smooth Pomegranate Rasberry Lip Balm .25oz a lot, so if you missed this one, try that one instead.
Christina B.
St. John's, NL
What is your favorite flavor?
Nicole s.
I always see this product and am tempted to buy it, should i make the investment?
Mia I.
Collinsville, IL
Do you like the packaging?
Kelly W.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Whats your favorite flavor?
Blanca C.
Have you guys had any awkward moments when you're applying this & people who don't know its lipbalm are looking at you like "what is she doing?" LOL