Lily G.
Review for: Other more...
The price is rather expensive for what the product is - a lip balm. Chapstick is $0.99, and you get basically the same amount of product. What you're paying for is the gimmicky packaging - which I'll admit is super cute and easy to find in your purse or bag. The colours are very pretty and nice to look at. I don't mind leaving an EOS on the counter because it looks rather pretty - compared to a regular lip balm that just looks boring. The product itself is coated in a small wax covering. When you first open the EOS balm, you have to use it a couple times until the waxy coating goes away. The wax can leave your lips a bit dry and it is quite thick. But don't give up on the product until you get rid of the wax bit. The scent on these balms varies, but there is no flavor with these once you put them on your lips. The only exception to this is the mint one, which provides a wonderful tingly mint flavor. Flavor Descriptions: Summer Fruit - Strongest scent - Peaches and Strawberries (My favorite!) Pomegranate Raspberry - Mild pomegranate scent Tangerine SPF - Not very strong, smells more plasticy but has a hint of tangerine Honeysuckle Honeydew - A very light and fruity honeydew scent. Sweet Mint - Strong mint scent (and flavor) mixed with a light sweet sugary scent so the mint isn't too strong Blueberry Acai - A very sweet blueberry scent, like a blueberry candy. Not a true blueberry fruit scent. Passion fruit - A limited edition scent, smells vaguely fruity. Vanilla - Another limited edition scent, smells very plasticy. This is my least favorite. FORMULATION: The visibly smooth balms are much thinner, and more moisturizing. I find them to be a lot less waxy than the original line - but that was one thing I actually liked about the regular EOS balms so it's a bit of a toss up for me on which line I like better. There isn't a The visibly smooth line feels a bit more like melted butter (but less greasy) on the lips. PACKAGING: There's only two types out so far, and they are Vanilla Mint and Coconut Milk. The easiest way to tell the difference between the two lines of EOS balms is that the original balms are one solid colour, while the visibly smooth ones are one main colour with small stripes of an accenting colour. The Vanilla Mint balm is a light blue with pale blue (almost white)  stripes, and the Coconut Milk is light pink with pale pink stripes. SCENT: The Vanilla Mint one is very much like the original line "sweet mint" (the blue-green coloured one), but much less minty. The Coconut Milk smells sort of like coconut cream pie, minus all the sugar. It's a very nice scent, but the Vanilla Mint is definitely my favorite. Overall, I really like these balms and if you like the original line, I think you will also enjoy the new visibly soft line! I hope they come out with more scents in the future, because I really enjoy this line of EOS balms.