eos® Organic Smooth Sphere Lip BalmInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY EOS EVOLUTION OF SMOOTH #48 in Lip Care

eos lip balm is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.

• Long-lasting moisture
  • Paraben-free
  • Petrolatum-free
  • Phthalate-free
  • 0.25 oz

Ingredients: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (Cire D'abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Natural Flavor (Aroma), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*

*Organic. **Component of Natural Flavor. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth.

Lily G.
Review for: Other
The price is rather expensive for what the product is - a lip balm. Chapstick is $0.99, and you get basically the same amount of product. What you're paying for is the gimmicky packaging - which I'll admit is super cute and easy to find in your purse or bag. The colours are very pretty and nice to look at. I don't mind leaving an EOS on the counter because it looks rather pretty - compared to a regular lip balm that just looks boring. The product itself is coated in a small wax covering. When you first open the EOS balm, you have to use it a couple times until the waxy coating goes away. The wax can leave your lips a bit dry and it is quite thick. But don't give up on the product until you get rid of the wax bit. The scent on these balms varies, but there is no flavor with these once you put them on your lips. The only exception to this is the mint one, which provides a wonderful tingly mint flavor. Flavor Descriptions: Summer Fruit - Strongest scent - Peaches and Strawberries (My favorite!) Pomegranate Raspberry - Mild pomegranate scent Tangerine SPF - Not very strong, smells more plasticy but has a hint of tangerine Honeysuckle Honeydew - A very light and fruity honeydew scent. Sweet Mint - Strong mint scent (and flavor) mixed with a light sweet sugary scent so the mint isn't too strong Blueberry Acai - A very sweet blueberry scent, like a blueberry candy. Not a true blueberry fruit scent. Passion fruit - A limited edition scent, smells vaguely fruity. Vanilla - Another limited edition scent, smells very plasticy. This is my least favorite. FORMULATION: The visibly smooth balms are much thinner, and more moisturizing. I find them to be a lot less waxy than the original line - but that was one thing I actually liked about the regular EOS balms so it's a bit of a toss up for me on which line I like better. There isn't a The visibly smooth line feels a bit more like melted butter (but less greasy) on the lips. PACKAGING: There's only two types out so far, and they are Vanilla Mint and Coconut Milk. The easiest way to tell the difference between the two lines of EOS balms is that the original balms are one solid colour, while the visibly smooth ones are one main colour with small stripes of an accenting colour. The Vanilla Mint balm is a light blue with pale blue (almost white)  stripes, and the Coconut Milk is light pink with pale pink stripes. SCENT: The Vanilla Mint one is very much like the original line "sweet mint" (the blue-green coloured one), but much less minty. The Coconut Milk smells sort of like coconut cream pie, minus all the sugar. It's a very nice scent, but the Vanilla Mint is definitely my favorite. Overall, I really like these balms and if you like the original line, I think you will also enjoy the new visibly soft line! I hope they come out with more scents in the future, because I really enjoy this line of EOS balms.
Ashley A.
Newhall, CA
Review for: Strawberry Sorbet, Sweet Mint, Pomegranate Raspberry, Summer Fruit, Honeysuckle Honeydew, Passion Fruit, Blueberry Acai
What is better than a lip balm shaped like an egg... Well nothing!!! Why? because the egg shape makes it impossible to stick in your pocket so it wont melt and you wont have to walk around with an oily  stain all day... AWKWARD!!!! and also the egg shape also makes it really easy to find in your purse unlike a tube which is shaped like every other item in your purse.. good luck finding a tube of lip balm in your purse with all the other tube shaped items... pens... ,, lip sticks ect.. there are so many reason why this lip balm is the best of the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets move on to formula because that's the best part.... its unlike any other lip balm i've ever used in that when i use it - it actually makes my lips feel hydrated when its all rubbed off. I don't tend to have to over do it with this lip balm because the formula is so amazing it leaves my lips feeling moisturized long after its gone! with other lip balms i feel like i constantly need to keep applying to keep my lips moist .... thank you so much eos for always having my back,.. you a real one!!!
Rhonda R.
Hastings
Review for: Summer Fruit, Blueberry Acai
When I saw these lip balms in the store, I thought they were so cute and that the shape was very innovative. It was a great marketing sell-point, and I knew why they became so popular so quickly.
No matter how cute they were, though, they just didn't work out for me. I'm not sure what ingredient caused this, but after using this product for a few days I started to get an allergic reaction from it. My lips became red and irritated, started peeling in some places and blistering in others. I knew it was this product causing it because I even tried another flavor and it did the same thing. It was sad to not be able to use this since it is such a cult favorite, but I am allergic to one of the active ingredients in this balm, and I've never had an allergic reaction to any other lip products.
I sometimes received these lip balms for free on my school campus, and I would just give them to my friends since I can't use them. They said they love them and have not had any allergic reaction to them, so I think they should work fine for the majority!
Nikki R.
O Fallon, MO
Review for: Honeysuckle Honeydew
I saw this in Honeydew which is one of my favorite flavors and really unique so I had to pick it up! A lot of people have them- I just see this little egg shaped lip balm pop up everywhere I go- so I thought it had to be great if everyone was using it right?
It just fell SO flat for me on my expectations. First the flavor was just not there, I was expecting a throwback to my lip smackers of my youth with a flavorful lip balm. The scent was strong so the flavor had to come with that right? Boy was I wrong! I was so disappointed it tasted like castor oil and wax.
Second the texture- it was hard and applied in a very thin layer like a dry lipstick. I was expecting a smooth creamy lip balm- this is a lip balm right? It made my lips almost feel dry and grainy.
I couldn’t figure out why these are so popular aside from the adorable packaging. I will say the package is fun and cute and so that part deserves at least a star.
I had to throw mine out I was so disappointed that it didn’t do anything for my lips at all :(
Joelle R.
Statesville, NC
Review for: Sweet Mint
I discovered my "egg balm" as I call it years ago as I was waiting to check out at the grocery store. I thought the shape was cool so I decided to try it out! This is a decent lip balm, it makes my lips feel velvety smooth although I have to reapply a lot. The shape is the biggest problem with this product. I like to carry my lip balm with me, and the round shape doesn't make that easy. I have stopped buying the brand for that specific reason. I can't carry it around with me unless I'm carrying a purse (which I rarely do). Also, the balm gets to a point where you can't easily rub it on your lips anymore. You have to use your finger, and I'm not a fan of digging my finger into my lip balm to get it on my lips. It's not sanitary and I don't like the feeling of lip balm on my fingers. If they could improve the packaging, I would for sure start buying again!
Laura H.
Kingwood, TX
Review for: Strawberry Sorbet, Honeysuckle Honeydew
I finally decided to jump on the EOS train after years of it being popular because I typically like a chapstick that fits in my pocket (one of the cons I think is the bulky packaging). I purchased the strawberry sorbet flavor and was given the honeysuckle on in a gift bag. Overall, I love the scent and how it initially feels on your lips however, I feel like it dries my lips out. I use this almost every morning and night after I brush my teeth and I feel like my lips are pretty dry soon afterwards instead of feeling soft and moisturized for a while after like I get with a Burts Bees or vaseline brand. I also feel like it doesn't last me as long as other brands even though it is more expensive. The scent is nice but I'm not super happy with the formula.
isabella E.
Nashville
Review for: Sweet Mint, Other
I discovered EOS lip balms in a beauty store years ago. Shortly after purchasing my first one, I became obsessed and had to have more!

EOS lip balms in general are decent sized, and are supposedly more "ergonomic" to apply. I haven't noticed that I use it more or less than other lip balms, but I do like how smoothly it applies. The product is also smooth once applied (not gritty), and lasts on my lips for a couple hours. I also like that it is certified organic; I am conscious about what I put on and in my body so this allows me to have no worries about what chemicals I'm consuming when I wear this!

I have found that though this lip balm is difficult to carry in a front pants pocket, it fits well in a sweatshirt pocket, or is easy to find in my purse. It stays closed well- the lid is screw on/screw off and "clicks" to secure it when fully closed.

I have a lot of flavors of this lip balm, and though I cannot claim to be an expert on passion fruit, I do enjoy the scent of this one. It is light and tropical, just enough to remind me of a summer day while (somehow still) being stuck in the dead of winter! It actually reminds me of EOS Evolution of Smooth Pomegranate Rasberry Lip Balm .25oz a lot, so if you missed this one, try that one instead.
Shannon L.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
I have used EOS for a long time. I have purchased the Costco pack with about 6 EOS included and what I love about this is how I can carry them with me no matter what I do. I keep one in my work bag, my makeup bag, my purse, my car... etc.
I also like that EOS last a long time. They smell great and I love the rounded look.
What I don't like about EOS is that it doesn't hold the moisture on my lips. I find myself consistently reapplying throughout the day. While I think the shape of the EOS applicator is unique and easy to find rummaging through your bag, they are also difficult to keep in my pocket or anywhere compact.
I still really enjoy this product but wouldn't be opposed to a more moisturizing product.
Desiree H.
Ft. Oglethorpe
Review for: Strawberry Sorbet
I only gave this three stars because I did not find that it worked any better than plain medicated chapstick. An item I did find that works extremely well is a lip balm that is thicker and you do not have to reapply as often. It is called Water In Lip by shiseido and you can buy it on ebay or you can find it on Amazon but you may have to wait because sometimes it must ship from Japan where the color I get..which is blue and has a picture of a snowflake on it..is the one they make for the coldest part of Japan which are icy mountains on an island. I love it because it has hyaluronic acid and is thick so it keeps my lips moisturized and I don't have to reapply very often.
Cassie C.
Review for: Sweet Mint
I've had these in pomegranate and mint and they were great. They're so easy to carry around, they smell great, and they taste great. They last FOREVER and I really like that. I don't tend to lose them as often as I lose the other basic shaped chapsticks because I tend to literally roll it around in my hand all the time. All of my friends know I can't leave the house without a lip balm, so I tend to get stuff like t his as gifts. They're actually very addicting to me and I tend to spend minutes at a time just running the egg shaped applicator over my lips. Highly recommend! You can get them almost anywhere at like CVS or I know personally that my friend bought me one at ulta. Go get yourself one!
Christina B.
St. John's, NL
What is your favorite flavor?
Nicole s.
I always see this product and am tempted to buy it, should i make the investment?
Mia I.
Collinsville, IL
Do you like the packaging?
Kelly W.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Whats your favorite flavor?
Blanca C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Have you guys had any awkward moments when you're applying this & people who don't know its lipbalm are looking at you like "what is she doing?" LOL