BY ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR #1 in Rental Car Companies

Enjoy fast and easy car rental bookings from Enterprise Rent-A-Car at one of our 7200 branches in cities, airports and neighborhoods near you.

• Does anyone know the age requirement to rent a car?13 Answers
  • Do you use your own insurance or do they have their own?11 Answers
  • Would you recommend Enterprise to others?55 Answers
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
  • "customer services varies based on which location you go to, I've had one location tell me one thing and a location up the street say something totally different. " in 46 reviews
  • "I have not rented a car from them because i have been able to find lower rates elsewhere, but i have purchased a car from them and they give you GREAT deals on very well taken car of cars and they have great customer service!" in 19 reviews
  • "The few times that we travel we tend to use enterprise as we have found decent rates with them and the vehicles are always clean. " in 12 reviews
  • "I had a really good experience, but I was disappointed that I got a smaller car than I anticipated based on what was in stock." in 11 reviews
  • "This is a great place for rental car at least when it is provided by your car insurance or some one elses :) they are very friendly and have good customer service" in 10 reviews
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Honestly, I have had nothing but bad luck when it comes to renting a car to go somewhere. First, you have to have a bank account. Since I don't trust the government, I don't have a bank account, so strike one. Secondly, you have to have good credit, and since I can't get any credit cards or loans (since I have no credit) that's strike two. I've even offered to load money on a pay card, and was told no, due to it not being linked to a bank account, so that's a no. I don't think it's fair to be honest.In a way, I do understand they need some kind of background information, just in case you try to run off, and not bring the car back, but what are you supposed to do if you have no credit, and no bank account, and don't have anyone to sign for you to rent a car? It's pointless for people like me to even try, and honestly, it's not fair. I've tried to get credit cards and loans to try and build my credit to no avail. So in my experience, if you don't have credit or a bank account, you will not be able to rent a car. It's not right. Companies make it hard to give someone a chance to build their credit now days.
Georgette A.
San Diego, TX
The only good thing about Enterprise is the unlimited mileage. Other than that, the customer service is horrible. I rented a car online and had a free upgrade. When I called they told me they'd take care of the upgrade. I got there and was then told there wasn't one available in their lot so I couldn't get it. And after I went over my method of payment on the phone, I was then told i had to give a $400 deposit, and provide 2 proofs of residency. This was at 4:30 in the afternoon. I had to drive 15 miles back home while my family waited. I was told to be back by 5 or they were closing. Then the bills had to be in my mom's name because it was her debit card. It was a big mess. Online and over the phone was fine, then get there and I want to scream. 😒 The only reason we had to use Enterprise was because the other rental car companies are an hour away. I feel that they take advantage of this. My sister lives in a bigger city and didn't have to put that big of a deposit and got a decent car for a good rate. Never again will I rent from them..
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The following opinions are mine and mine alone. I have used Enterprise for a rental car every time my car has been wrecked, I am 39 and have had my share aprecs when I was younger and when I liked having a fast red sports car. Anyway, I used Enterprise because that's who my insurance company worked with when my car got totaled, but it was very nice because they picked me up since I obviously needed a ride, and when I got there to rent a car that was already reserved for me, I handed my license over and the man at the counter noticed it was expired.. and they could not let me Rent A Car on an expired license. I was stranded there. So, he drove my rental car with me as a passenger over to the closest DMV and let me get my license renewed and drove us back to Enterprise and then I realized I would need a print out a copy of my bank statement and did not have a smartphone at the time to do anything like that so they let me use their computer and printer to do it which is something they do for everyone I believe. All in all, this man went above and beyond and took me to get my license while he did not have permission to do so, because he knew I needed the car and was in a rush and that I would be without a car if he just took me back home until I got it all worked out with no ride. It was very nice because I didn't have to beg for a ride to the DMV and I was able to get everything done quickly and be on my way with my rental car and they called to let me know when my insurance was going to quit paying and I was able to let them know every time we spoke that I still needed the car and they would call my insurance company on my behalf and make sure that it was paid for, then they would call me back and let me know the new date for me to turn it in, which I was able to get extended several times while my car was being worked on. I totally recommend this company and I will continue to use them in the future because of the GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Luna L.
Miami Beach, FL
If I had a chance to give zero stars I would definitely give. I live in South Florida, and last year I left my city because of the hurricane.
Made the hotel reservation, and reserved the car.
I payed for a luxury SUV ( and it was not a bargain) with navigation system. Since I was in Tennessee and I didn't know nothing around)
They gave me a Dodge Conpass with a horrible engine, totaly uncomfortable and unstable. With a old school GPS attached to the glass. ( And they extra charge for that, and in my reservation was already paid)
When I was picking up the car, I questioned them about my reservation x what they were o giving me. They literally told me. Take or leave it. ( The airport was an chaos. Because tons of people were evacuating from Florida)
I paid for and Luxury car such as an Escalade and they gave me a Compass. And no refunds AT ALL.
The only positive part I can say about my experience with them is that I survived.
Andrea N.
Lyons, KS
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The car I received was great the only problem I had was with customer service. When you go in to the one by the airports in Virginia they stare at you like you’re in the wrong place and when you go to pick up your car they start adding extra charges for everything even though you’ve paid it online. And when they give you your receipt they just tell you oh you will get the compact car, and send you on your way. First of all it was my first time renting a car so I don’t know much about it and they were not specific on which car they didn’t even have the car and some random guy who worked there said oh just take that one and pointed at a random car which I didn’t know whether or not to because it’s not the type I rented so I didn’t want to get charged extra. So if they could be less confusing it would be great!
April P.
I've rented twice from this company and first time the rental was smooth quick and easy! Most rental companies do not accept Debit Cards so I was glad that they did and that they offered Unlimited mileage.
My second time renting was alright we got a free upgrade because they didn't have the car I had resereved online which was fine either way. But upon returning the car I was charged another $250 deposit. I went back and they told me it was a mistake and I would be getting $500 back in a couple days the manager of the location offered a free double upgrade for next time.
Third time I didn't even get to rent it was the weekend and every location was closed except the airport, come to find out they only accept Credit Cards or debit if you have a airline ticket showing your round trip and no unlimited miles (Didn't rent)
Celeste A.
Austin, TX
I am not sure if I can give enterprise a strong review. Their customer service was decent, however I had terrible luck with their cars. The first car they gave me wreaked of cigarettes. Super upsetting, it made me sick driving home. Finally they offered to do an ozone service, which just made it damp. I was pretty bothered that they refused to give me another car even though I was about to go on a long Roadtrip. Then I took it on a road trip and realized the alignment was terrible! So bad it threw out my shoulder. I had to get it changed out at an airport 6 states away, taking time out of trip when they could have swapped cars for me locally in the first place. I think they could do a better job evaluating their cars before handing them off to customers.
Mary K.
Summerville, GA
If i could give this 0 stars I would. My car was involved in an accident and my insurance covered the rental while it was being fixed. I have so many had things to say about my experience I'm not sure I have enough space. First, our car wasn't ready when we arrived even though we called twice ahead of time to make sure it was.. second, once it WAS ready, when we arrived at enterprise, they had made our reservation at another location.. almost an hour away.. once that was fixed everything was fine.. or so I thought. #4 before I left enterprise after I asked when I needed to have the vehicle returned i was told that due to it being through insurance they would give me a call on the day it needed to be brought back. So I double checked to make sure they had all of my information correct, they did. 6th I never received the call, and when I called to ask them I was told that my insurance covered up to $1500 and that it could last anywhere from 2-3 months, not to worry. 7th after 1 month I receive a call saying that the vehicle was supposed to be returned and that it had been reported stolen.. 8th I never received a phone call. Or anything from this company. I'm not sure how, but someone from the company had contacted my sister in law attempting to get in touch with me... needless to say, the car was returned and the report was dismissed as a misunderstanding. However I do not recommend this company and will not be using them again.
Michelle S.
Spring, TX
Enterprise is my go-to rental car company. I recently "strayed" to another company when they had a very cheap rate. Big Mistake. It was that recurring life lesson that goes something like "Once you've found a good business, stay with them, reward them for doing a good job for you." I returned the car early to the company that created my unhappy experience, even with all the hassle that entailed, and got a car for the next week of my stay with Enterprise. With my Enterprise reservation, I had a quick courteous check-out, no hassles at the counter, and (when they were short on intermediate cars) a free upgrade to another model. Rent from Enterprise next time... way better counter policy/employee training than others I've used.
Jennifer S.
Broken Arrow , OK
My husband and I married after we had families previously, so by the time we blended there were 8 of us all together. Having such a large family makes travel difficult. If we could afford to fly that would be preferable, but alas 2/3's of them will need braces and they all somehow grow out of their shoes almost immediately after they get a new pair and don't get me started on the food bill. So when we do get to take a mini vacation we have to rent a car so we'll all fit. Enterprise Rent-A-Car has always made it easy on us and their rates are the best. They have such nice vehicles that sometimes it's hard to give them back. Any time we need to rebut a vehicle I don't even look around, I go straight to enterprise.
Michela D.
Eagle River, AK
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Would you recommend Enterprise to others?
Hayley S.
Geneva, IL
How old do you have to be in order to rent a car?
Gabrina T.
Barstow, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Never use enterprise before do people drive you around or you rent the car and drive it
Lois A.
San Jose, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
How old do you have to be to rent a car from this service?
Ambar D.
Hollywood, MD
If something happened, like an accident, could I use my own insurance or...?