BY ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR #1 in Rental Car Companies

Enjoy fast and easy car rental bookings from Enterprise Rent-A-Car at one of our 7200 branches in cities, airports and neighborhoods near you.

• Does anyone know the age requirement to rent a car?13 Answers
  • Do you use your own insurance or do they have their own?11 Answers
  • Would you recommend Enterprise to others?55 Answers
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
  • "customer services varies based on which location you go to, I've had one location tell me one thing and a location up the street say something totally different. " in 46 reviews
  • "I have not rented a car from them because i have been able to find lower rates elsewhere, but i have purchased a car from them and they give you GREAT deals on very well taken car of cars and they have great customer service!" in 19 reviews
  • "The few times that we travel we tend to use enterprise as we have found decent rates with them and the vehicles are always clean. " in 12 reviews
  • "I had a really good experience, but I was disappointed that I got a smaller car than I anticipated based on what was in stock." in 11 reviews
  • "This is a great place for rental car at least when it is provided by your car insurance or some one elses :) they are very friendly and have good customer service" in 10 reviews
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The following opinions are mine and mine alone. I have used Enterprise for a rental car every time my car has been wrecked, I am 39 and have had my share aprecs when I was younger and when I liked having a fast red sports car. Anyway, I used Enterprise because that's who my insurance company worked with when my car got totaled, but it was very nice because they picked me up since I obviously needed a ride, and when I got there to rent a car that was already reserved for me, I handed my license over and the man at the counter noticed it was expired.. and they could not let me Rent A Car on an expired license. I was stranded there. So, he drove my rental car with me as a passenger over to the closest DMV and let me get my license renewed and drove us back to Enterprise and then I realized I would need a print out a copy of my bank statement and did not have a smartphone at the time to do anything like that so they let me use their computer and printer to do it which is something they do for everyone I believe. All in all, this man went above and beyond and took me to get my license while he did not have permission to do so, because he knew I needed the car and was in a rush and that I would be without a car if he just took me back home until I got it all worked out with no ride. It was very nice because I didn't have to beg for a ride to the DMV and I was able to get everything done quickly and be on my way with my rental car and they called to let me know when my insurance was going to quit paying and I was able to let them know every time we spoke that I still needed the car and they would call my insurance company on my behalf and make sure that it was paid for, then they would call me back and let me know the new date for me to turn it in, which I was able to get extended several times while my car was being worked on. I totally recommend this company and I will continue to use them in the future because of the GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Luna L.
Miami Beach, FL
If I had a chance to give zero stars I would definitely give. I live in South Florida, and last year I left my city because of the hurricane.
Made the hotel reservation, and reserved the car.
I payed for a luxury SUV ( and it was not a bargain) with navigation system. Since I was in Tennessee and I didn't know nothing around)
They gave me a Dodge Conpass with a horrible engine, totaly uncomfortable and unstable. With a old school GPS attached to the glass. ( And they extra charge for that, and in my reservation was already paid)
When I was picking up the car, I questioned them about my reservation x what they were o giving me. They literally told me. Take or leave it. ( The airport was an chaos. Because tons of people were evacuating from Florida)
I paid for and Luxury car such as an Escalade and they gave me a Compass. And no refunds AT ALL.
The only positive part I can say about my experience with them is that I survived.
Mary K.
SUMMERVILLE, GA
If i could give this 0 stars I would. My car was involved in an accident and my insurance covered the rental while it was being fixed. I have so many had things to say about my experience I'm not sure I have enough space. First, our car wasn't ready when we arrived even though we called twice ahead of time to make sure it was.. second, once it WAS ready, when we arrived at enterprise, they had made our reservation at another location.. almost an hour away.. once that was fixed everything was fine.. or so I thought. #4 before I left enterprise after I asked when I needed to have the vehicle returned i was told that due to it being through insurance they would give me a call on the day it needed to be brought back. So I double checked to make sure they had all of my information correct, they did. 6th I never received the call, and when I called to ask them I was told that my insurance covered up to $1500 and that it could last anywhere from 2-3 months, not to worry. 7th after 1 month I receive a call saying that the vehicle was supposed to be returned and that it had been reported stolen.. 8th I never received a phone call. Or anything from this company. I'm not sure how, but someone from the company had contacted my sister in law attempting to get in touch with me... needless to say, the car was returned and the report was dismissed as a misunderstanding. However I do not recommend this company and will not be using them again.
Megan A.
Hickory, NC
My boyfriend works here so I use their services frequently. I’ve never had any issues with them- but I know some people get frustrated with them because they don’t realize they have to pay a $200 deposit for their rental (you get this money back once you return the car) So just be aware of this if you ever rent from them. Even if your insurance pays for the rental, you will still be required to pay this deposit. Also, just because you call ahead and make a reservation, you are not necessarily guaranteed a car. If they run out of cars before you get there- there’s nothing else they can do. I know that sucks and doesn’t really make sense, so be aware of this also. A lot of the issues that people face with this company are due to insurance companies and their corporate policies, not Enterprise- so keep that in mind when something goes wrong with your rental service
Jolene S.
Lititz, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I recently needed a rental car for a trip to Illinois from Pennsylvania and didn't trust my own car to get there safely. Through an online service I rented through Enterprise.

I chose a standard full size car and received a 2018 model Ford Fusion with about 2000 miles on it. It spoiled me. The car was clean and drove wonderfully. I didn't expect to receive something quite so brand new so I was extremely surprised.

The selection will vary from location to location but I'm confident the quality of rentals will remain consistent. I may not always get the latest and greatest model but most vehicles are going to be a huge improvement over my current model.

I opted for their full coverage insurance even though I'm already an insured driver. I didn't want to take the chance of something happening to such a nice car. But I never once felt pressured into opting for the more expensive option from their customer service agents. They gave me a run down of the features since bluetooth, back up cam, push button start, etc were all new features to me.

They offer competitive pricing and ended up being the cheapest rental company based on the daily fee before adding the insurance. I will recommend them and will rent from them again when needed.

They also offer their older rentals for sale. I imagine they have a high turnover of vehicles due to high mileage.
Louie A.
Pullman
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I had an accident that left me car-less for a bit and my insurance only gave me a 20$/day allowance for a car. I visited an enterprise and they showed me my options (or option) and the only rental my insurance covered was a small smart car style car. The enterprise agent was sympathetic and agreed that the car was not something I would want, so he called his supervisor or manager and they both helped me get another car that I was comfortable with. The outcome of all this was a brand new Dodge Charger they provided for 2 months with no limit on miles. After that gesture I have always rented from enterprise, and it always a good friendly experience.
Brittany S.
Terrible experience with their employees all around. We needed a vehicle to drive home from the airport (we flew into an airport four hours away from home as it was quite a bit cheaper). Before booking the rental, we verified with an employee over the phone that we would be able to rent said vehicle upon arriving off our final flight using just our debit card. Unfortunately, that information wasn't true. I also encountered an employee at the airport that day who must have been having a terrible day as well. Upon seeing my boyfriend's distraught reaction when he tried to get the car to drive home in, I approached to see what was happening. I was shooed off by the wave of her hand. And when I made it known how I didn't appreciate her actions as I was just trying to get some information, I was verbally attacked and called rude. When I asked her name, she kept stating "Disrespectful" as her name. Aside from the terrible customer service, the vehicles have always been clean and maintained anytime we have rented through this company. However, these encounters left a terrible taste in my mouth and I probably won't rent from Enterprise in the future unless absolutely necessary.
Carlos C.
Anaheim, CA
The last time I dealed with this service it was an interesting interaction. I went in to pickup a reservation I made online for an outing to Truckee, CA for an airshow they were hosting. The first time one of their associate's range me up he charged me $296 after all the extras and their hidden fee I had no idea off until, voíla, I was paying. Unfortunately, my card was declined, after ringing it up twice I backed away and called my bank outside the facility. I fixed whatever the issue was and tried again. The second associate that helped me charged me $284! Uhmm, weird, his colleague was next to him and he ushered not a single word about his initial charge. Why would he skimp me out of 12 bucks? After we got to the point where the second gentleman was about to swipe my card , the first man stepped in, stopped him and said out loud for the guests to hear, 'his card was declined last time I'll check him out'. As I said I fixed the problem and the Enterprise ambassador was 2-0. I checked out payed my fees and had no problems after dealing with a different associate than the first. I was a constant user and I have since stopped dealing with Enterprise since 07/2017.
Jenny M.
Watertown, MA
I live in a city with decent public transportation and don't own a car. There is an Enterprise near my house, and they will pick me up at my door and bring me to their location. I don't know if they offer rides home because I always drop the cars off when they are closed, and I drop the keys in the box.

The cars are clean. The staff is diligent and thorough during the walk around. Once or twice thry didn't have the car I had reserved and immediately upgraded me to a nicer car before I was even aware they had a problem. I appreciate them noting an issue and solving it within minutes before I even know there is a problem! They do verify if the upgrade is acceptable. I also like that if I rented a specific class of car and they have more than one car in that class available. They will offer me my pick.

Enterprise also has good prices and often runs promotions and deal.

I use Enterprise every time I need to rent a car and have no plans to switch to another company.
Renata F.
Dayton, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I really had a horrible time and experiences with Enterprise I have booked for cars and going to pick them up and they were not available yet or I have been in accidents and this is the go-to place for my insurance company but due to the timing I guess by it being weekend they hardly ever have a car available and if they do they just made every thing about that transition hard for me getting all of the information from my insurance company to relate to them instead of the insurance company and them conversing I was just literally unhappy with my experience with Enterprise
Michela D.
Eagle River, AK
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Would you recommend Enterprise to others?
Hayley S.
Geneva, IL
How old do you have to be in order to rent a car?
Gabrina T.
Barstow, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Never use enterprise before do people drive you around or you rent the car and drive it
Lois A.
San Jose, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
How old do you have to be to rent a car from this service?
Ambar D.
Hollywood, MD
If something happened, like an accident, could I use my own insurance or...?