BY ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR #1 in Rental Car Companies

Enjoy fast and easy car rental bookings from Enterprise Rent-A-Car at one of our 7200 branches in cities, airports and neighborhoods near you.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car
  • "customer services varies based on which location you go to, I've had one location tell me one thing and a location up the street say something totally different. " in 46 reviews
  • "I have not rented a car from them because i have been able to find lower rates elsewhere, but i have purchased a car from them and they give you GREAT deals on very well taken car of cars and they have great customer service!" in 19 reviews
  • "The few times that we travel we tend to use enterprise as we have found decent rates with them and the vehicles are always clean. " in 12 reviews
  • "I had a really good experience, but I was disappointed that I got a smaller car than I anticipated based on what was in stock." in 11 reviews
  • "This is a great place for rental car at least when it is provided by your car insurance or some one elses :) they are very friendly and have good customer service" in 10 reviews
Dana M.
Dana M.
Liberty, SC
We have had both good and not good experiences with Enterprise Rent-a-Car. I am disabled so my husband rents Vans for long rides so I can lay down. They have good competitive prices. The worst experience we had wasn't all together bad but wasn't the normal good experience either. My husband had a wreck and had to get a car through the insurance. They told him he had to get insurance for 3 days or something so he did thinking the insurance just hadn't approved the full amount or only gave so many days (we have full coverage.) That wasn't the case, somehow he had no coverage after those days from Nationwide paying. They didn't tell him that he could get some kind of package or that he wasn't covered until he turned in the car and they wanted $500+ for insurance alone. He talked to the girl who worked with him the day he got the car and she remembered everything and he ended up paying less than $100 which was fine. I think it was actually less than that but I don't remember exactly as he dealt with it and I have a bad memory from surgeries. The cars are clean, they are nice, the staff are friendly. We still use Enterprise. We also love that they help pick you up if you need.
Aneta L.
Aneta L.
These guys were completely dishonest when I rented a car from them this past August. I booked an economy rental online months in advance, pre-paid, and when I got to the airport they claimed they were completely out of economy cars but had a Smart car left. The clerk told me "no one likes this car, they always return it early" before he realized he wasn't going to sell me on an upgrade to a compact. Seriously. The economy cars listed on their website all claim to have 4 seats. The Smart car doesn't, so why would you say my "only" option is to upgrade for $11/day to a compact car? It was absolutely abysmal service at 11pm at night after a long cross-country flight (which was bad in itself!) and I will never rent from them again as long as I have the choice. They made their own error my problem and dragged it out for 30 minutes while we sat on the curb in the airport lot waiting for them to get their act together. Extremely dishonest and manipulative company who NEVER apologized for the burden they created. I went with Alamo for my next rental and was blown away by the courteous, prompt, and honest service.
Jo-Vonne L.
Jo-Vonne L.
I had an important family vacation planned and a rental was a part of the plans. Previously, I rented pretty regularly from enterprise. I knew the rules and it was close to my job. This time there was some new rule to rentals with debit cards in place at my location. I had all my paperwork together like every other time. I was denied my rental. I explained I was never told in advance these new rules and this trip was very important for my family. Denied. I asked to speak to the manager and explained again. Denied. My timeline was being destroyed by the second. I asked to speak with the district manger and was given his number to call. I called him and explained for the fourth time the urgency of this trip and rental. I had done at least six rentals at this location with the last year. I was a regular. He said he would call the location for me and call me back. No call to me. No call to the location. My trip was ruined! I had to contact another company that went above and beyond to help
Deann S.
Deann S.
Herriman, UT
So I rented with Enterprise for a 9 day vacation. Went with Enterprise because they had unlimited mileage and were competitive in pricing. Well my husband picked it up and it had a tiny ding in the windshield. We didn't think much of it and drove to Vegas from Utah. Stayed two nights for Thanksgiving and drove to California. Got to California and there was not a crack in windshield. We went to enterprise there in California and waited 3 hours to be seen so we left and decided to just take it in when we get home and we did speak with customer service and they noted it. Well we dropped it off with over night services and two days later my husband missed a call from manager needing him to come in by end if business day. Couldn't make it by end of day an Di received a call the next saying we are now being charged extra per day. Since neither of us could get off before their hours we ended up having to dispute it.
Patricia B.
Patricia B.
El Cajon, CA
We were in a car accident and the other guys insurance covered our rental for the amount of time that our car was being fixed. We went to pick up the rental and the car they gave us was dirty and dusty and it was also at a half tank of gas when it was supposed to be at full tank. They told us about 2 weeks later that we had to trade cars so we went to another location thinking that we would get a clean car and we absolutely did not!! The next car we got was also dirty from the outside and dusty inside so we turned around and took it back to the place to get it washed and the person that washed it only hosed it down, didn't even dry it and he didn't clean the inside. My daughter had asthma so I didn't want her riding around in a dusty car and they didn't clean it inside. The reps inside were very professional and polite but they failed to have the car wash rep do his job correctly.
Dana H.
Dana H.
Stafford, TX
Customer service is always great but I dislike that they do not physically hold vehicles once you make a reservation. I reserved a car a few weeks in advance of my vacation and when I went to pick up at the designated date/time, they didn't have ANY cars for me and told me they would get one from another location. It took about 2 hours for me to finally drive away in my rental car and that's after I was taken to the other location by an enterprise employee. Like I said, customer service is great, but with this policy of not holding vehicles it really sets the employees up and makes them deal with unhappy customers for no reason. I don't see why they wouldn't have a vehicle ready at the time and date you set up with your reservation.
I also rented from enterprise when my car was at the dealership for repairs. It was a pleasant experience and the car was great.
Rachel W.
Rachel W.
Alvin, TX
Horrible customer service and I will not select them again in my future car renting needs. I rented a large vehicle while I had a big amount of family in town. Made my reservation online and read all the details. After arriving and dealing with a rude person at checkin, I asked to speak with the manager when they were going to hold my card for an extra $350. When the manager approached he was cocky and extremely unprofessional toward me and my aunt. He then told me the extra hold is due to the fact that I live to close to the rental facility and that was a surcharge to help alleviate people that live close from renting from their location, as they're close to an airport. I ended up allowing the hold for the mere factor that I needed the car. Other than that reason I would've walked straight out. No somewhere I'd recommend anyone doing business.
Charity B.
Charity B.
Nampa, ID
My husband was recently backed into leaving his parking garage and since I was on vacation I was in charge of handling his car getting fixed. The other person's insurance paid for everything, including a rental car. They used Enterprise and the agent was very friendly and helpful. I had an 8 month old at the time and the agent picked me up. Or more so dropped the car off for me. My baby is in a car seat so when he pulled up with an F150 that is fairly high I was concerned about the feasibility of getting her into the car safely. The agent answered all of my questions and even helped me get my baby strapped in safely. When it was time to return the truck I just had to drop it off and everything was taken care of. They would pick it up from the auto body shop that day. Great experience overall.
Amanda F.
Amanda F.
Clarkson, KY
I had a very poor experience with enterprise. I rented a vehicle for a trip to Texas. When renting the car I was asked about insurance. I told them I had insurance and asked did I need to purchase their insurance as well. They said no. But when a semi truck shredded a tire right in front of me on the highway, causing a large chunk of its tire to hit the front corner of the cars front end. The damage was hardly even noticeable. They later told me I owned almost a thousand dollars for the damage to be repaired. I was later told my insurance would not cover the damage and the car rental company didn't want to use their insurance to cover the damage. I was billed for the damage and I will never ever use them as a car rental company again.
Bailey B.
Bailey B.
Recently rented a car through Enterprise in Portland, Oregon at the airport. They had a nice selection of cars and even offered to upgrade us (as they do) but for a really cheap fee. The upgrade car was a Porche or something as flashy. That was really awesome option but for that occasion decline. I give them three starts because of their reservation policy I suppose. We were in line ready to rent a car we googled and had prices on but in order to get that car for that price we had to book online and wait 30 minutes. If we were to rent it w/o reserving it online, it would have cost 2x more. So we stood in line, at Enterprise, reserved this car online and waiting...it was the weirdest policy and very inconvenient at the time.
Michela D.
Michela D.
Eagle River, AK
Globetrotter Expert
Would you recommend Enterprise to others?
Hayley S.
Hayley S.
Geneva, IL
How old do you have to be in order to rent a car?
Gabrina T.
Gabrina T.
Barstow, CA
Globetrotter Expert
Never use enterprise before do people drive you around or you rent the car and drive it
Ambar D.
Ambar D.
Hollywood, MD
If something happened, like an accident, could I use my own insurance or...?
Lois A.
Lois A.
San Jose, CA
Globetrotter Expert
How old do you have to be to rent a car from this service?