BY ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR #1 in Rental Car Companies

Enjoy fast and easy car rental bookings from Enterprise Rent-A-Car at one of our 7200 branches in cities, airports and neighborhoods near you.

• Does anyone know the age requirement to rent a car?12 Answers
  • Do you use your own insurance or do they have their own?9 Answers
  • Would you recommend Enterprise to others?54 Answers
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
  • "customer services varies based on which location you go to, I've had one location tell me one thing and a location up the street say something totally different. " in 46 reviews
  • "I have not rented a car from them because i have been able to find lower rates elsewhere, but i have purchased a car from them and they give you GREAT deals on very well taken car of cars and they have great customer service!" in 19 reviews
  • "The few times that we travel we tend to use enterprise as we have found decent rates with them and the vehicles are always clean. " in 12 reviews
  • "I had a really good experience, but I was disappointed that I got a smaller car than I anticipated based on what was in stock." in 11 reviews
  • "This is a great place for rental car at least when it is provided by your car insurance or some one elses :) they are very friendly and have good customer service" in 10 reviews
Mary K.
Summerville , GA
If i could give this 0 stars I would. My car was involved in an accident and my insurance covered the rental while it was being fixed. I have so many had things to say about my experience I'm not sure I have enough space. First, our car wasn't ready when we arrived even though we called twice ahead of time to make sure it was.. second, once it WAS ready, when we arrived at enterprise, they had made our reservation at another location.. almost an hour away.. once that was fixed everything was fine.. or so I thought. #4 before I left enterprise after I asked when I needed to have the vehicle returned i was told that due to it being through insurance they would give me a call on the day it needed to be brought back. So I double checked to make sure they had all of my information correct, they did. 6th I never received the call, and when I called to ask them I was told that my insurance covered up to $1500 and that it could last anywhere from 2-3 months, not to worry. 7th after 1 month I receive a call saying that the vehicle was supposed to be returned and that it had been reported stolen.. 8th I never received a phone call. Or anything from this company. I'm not sure how, but someone from the company had contacted my sister in law attempting to get in touch with me... needless to say, the car was returned and the report was dismissed as a misunderstanding. However I do not recommend this company and will not be using them again.
Jolene S.
Lititz, PA
Globetrotter Expert
I recently needed a rental car for a trip to Illinois from Pennsylvania and didn't trust my own car to get there safely. Through an online service I rented through Enterprise.

I chose a standard full size car and received a 2018 model Ford Fusion with about 2000 miles on it. It spoiled me. The car was clean and drove wonderfully. I didn't expect to receive something quite so brand new so I was extremely surprised.

The selection will vary from location to location but I'm confident the quality of rentals will remain consistent. I may not always get the latest and greatest model but most vehicles are going to be a huge improvement over my current model.

I opted for their full coverage insurance even though I'm already an insured driver. I didn't want to take the chance of something happening to such a nice car. But I never once felt pressured into opting for the more expensive option from their customer service agents. They gave me a run down of the features since bluetooth, back up cam, push button start, etc were all new features to me.

They offer competitive pricing and ended up being the cheapest rental company based on the daily fee before adding the insurance. I will recommend them and will rent from them again when needed.

They also offer their older rentals for sale. I imagine they have a high turnover of vehicles due to high mileage.
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
Globetrotter Expert
The following opinions are mine and mine alone. I have used Enterprise for a rental car every time my car has been wrecked, I am 39 and have had my share aprecs when I was younger and when I liked having a fast red sports car. Anyway, I used Enterprise because that's who my insurance company worked with when my car got totaled, but it was very nice because they picked me up since I obviously needed a ride, and when I got there to rent a car that was already reserved for me, I handed my license over and the man at the counter noticed it was expired.. and they could not let me Rent A Car on an expired license. I was stranded there. So, he drove my rental car with me as a passenger over to the closest DMV and let me get my license renewed and drove us back to Enterprise and then I realized I would need a print out a copy of my bank statement and did not have a smartphone at the time to do anything like that so they let me use their computer and printer to do it which is something they do for everyone I believe. All in all, this man went above and beyond and took me to get my license while he did not have permission to do so, because he knew I needed the car and was in a rush and that I would be without a car if he just took me back home until I got it all worked out with no ride. It was very nice because I didn't have to beg for a ride to the DMV and I was able to get everything done quickly and be on my way with my rental car and they called to let me know when my insurance was going to quit paying and I was able to let them know every time we spoke that I still needed the car and they would call my insurance company on my behalf and make sure that it was paid for, then they would call me back and let me know the new date for me to turn it in, which I was able to get extended several times while my car was being worked on. I totally recommend this company and I will continue to use them in the future because of the GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Christine B.
Webster, TX
Globetrotter Expert
Enterprise road side assistance is wonderful but their customer service inside of their locations needs work. My car flooded during Harvey so I was given an Altima. One day the car wouldn't start. Battery was good and I had plenty of gas. Enterprise towed the car and said I could go pick another up. No big deal it's not their fault the car wouldn't start. The information was sent to the store so they would have a car ready for me. When I showed up the manager was rude and wouldn't look up my information. I told him he should have an email explaining what's going on. He said he didn't have anything. I called road side assistance again and the rep I spoke with confirmed the email was sent but she would send another. Still nothing. She sounded fed up with the manager because the workers were ignoring me and not telling me what's going on so she asked to speak with the manager. After some time he said he got the email and hung up my phone and gave it back to me. The rep wanted to stay on the phone with me to make sure I was given a car. The manager then tells me he needs to find out what's wrong with the car I was driving and where it was towed. This is all going on while it's storming outside and the lights are flickering. An employee asked the manager to go home because the street we were on is known for flooding. After surviving the Houston floods all I wanted to do was get out of there and the manager was taking his time. He finally tells someone to get me a car but the worker goes back and tells him they don't have any. The manager turns all nice and tells me he upgraded my car with no charge. Ok that's to be expected. Since the lights had been flickering the printer had shut off and would not print. Now they tell me they need to write everything out on a piece of paper. I can't wait until I can return this car and be done with them. Terrible experience with the location at Hobby airport.
Kara M.
We had to use enterprise due to an accident we were in. The service is okay, communication was lacking terribly. Our car is a focus, when we went to pick up our rental they gave us a mini van. We had the mini van for a few days before they called and asked us if we’d like to trade for a Jeep. That was fine with us, so we took the hour or so long drive to switch vehicles, once we got there they told us the Jeep wasn’t ready but they had an impala for us. Once our car was ready, and we were on our way to return the car, they called saying we would have to pay for the car because they hadn’t heard from the insurance company. (It was the other persons insurance company) once we got there, they told us that they didn’t know who called us. Lucky for us, we didn’t have to pay a thing!
Denise R.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car we rented an SUV and and drove it straight to our hotel. The next morning I had an appointment and the car was dead!(electrical short) STRESS. Thankfully, our hotel had a car rental on site. Problem solved.

Not reading the fine print we didn't pay extra for roadside service and we were told we'd be charged $50.00 for someone to come and jump the car. I found that annoying. A lesson learned. Instead we called our AAA roadside service.

When we told the manager at Enterprise how inconvenienced we were because the car wouldn't start, that we had to rent another car that cost more than the Enterprise rental; without any hesitation they paid for the car rental, deducted their car rental for the day and gave us a 15% discount coupon for our next rental with an apology. She could not have handled the situation anymore professionally. Not one word of...well you should have blah blah. We used them 2 weeks later and had no problem with another SUV. Actually, we've never had that happen; it's the reason we never purchase roadside service!

Be aware that the tax is 40% if you rent a car from the Sky High airport. An employee at Enterprise enthusiastically wanted to itemize all of the tax fees. I said -no thanks I'll just pay!

I would use them in a heartbeat just because the customer service was outstanding.
laymashia b.
las vegas, NV
I recently had a bad experience with an Enterprise Rent a car in Las Vegas. When I picked it up it was the last vehicle available at any of the local locations due to several national  Basketball tournaments going on at the time.  The Employee informed me that I could not rent the vehicle without purchasing there insurance, although I told him that I had insurance and I even showed them my insurance card. Knowing that it was the last vehicle available at any location, I had no choice but to accept the terms. When It came time to return the vehicle, the location that I picked up from was closed, so i had to return to a different location. The manager came to do a walk around the car to check for damages and then informed me that I was lucky that I paid for their insurance because there was damage to the roof!?!? I did not damage the roof and the vehicle was parked in a garage. We do not have many rain storms her in Las Vegas and hail storms are super rare. I feel as if I was forced to pay for the insurance because someone had damaged it previously and it was not caught by the employee that checked it i prior to me renting it! I felt hustled after the check in manager told me that it was against policies to force the insurance sale! SHEESh! NEVER AGAIN!
Felicia S.
Spanish Fork , UT
My husband and I rented a car for our trip to Vegas. We rented a little Nissan Altima. When my husband went to pick up the car they “upgraded” us to a mini van. My husband told them no thanks and that we would like to stick with a smaller car. They turned around and told him it was the only car left...Seriously?! I hate when people use the upgrade card. Just be honest and say hey, this is the only car left. The perks of the car: a lot more room, heating/cooling vents in the back for my girls, not bad on gas. Downfalls: it was a really big car compared to what we are used to driving.
Overall. It wasn’t a terrible experience
Brittany S.
Terrible experience with their employees all around. We needed a vehicle to drive home from the airport (we flew into an airport four hours away from home as it was quite a bit cheaper). Before booking the rental, we verified with an employee over the phone that we would be able to rent said vehicle upon arriving off our final flight using just our debit card. Unfortunately, that information wasn't true. I also encountered an employee at the airport that day who must have been having a terrible day as well. Upon seeing my boyfriend's distraught reaction when he tried to get the car to drive home in, I approached to see what was happening. I was shooed off by the wave of her hand. And when I made it known how I didn't appreciate her actions as I was just trying to get some information, I was verbally attacked and called rude. When I asked her name, she kept stating "Disrespectful" as her name. Aside from the terrible customer service, the vehicles have always been clean and maintained anytime we have rented through this company. However, these encounters left a terrible taste in my mouth and I probably won't rent from Enterprise in the future unless absolutely necessary.
Carlos C.
Anaheim, CA
The last time I dealed with this service it was an interesting interaction. I went in to pickup a reservation I made online for an outing to Truckee, CA for an airshow they were hosting. The first time one of their associate's range me up he charged me $296 after all the extras and their hidden fee I had no idea off until, voíla, I was paying. Unfortunately, my card was declined, after ringing it up twice I backed away and called my bank outside the facility. I fixed whatever the issue was and tried again. The second associate that helped me charged me $284! Uhmm, weird, his colleague was next to him and he ushered not a single word about his initial charge. Why would he skimp me out of 12 bucks? After we got to the point where the second gentleman was about to swipe my card , the first man stepped in, stopped him and said out loud for the guests to hear, 'his card was declined last time I'll check him out'. As I said I fixed the problem and the Enterprise ambassador was 2-0. I checked out payed my fees and had no problems after dealing with a different associate than the first. I was a constant user and I have since stopped dealing with Enterprise since 07/2017.
Michela D.
Eagle River, AK
Globetrotter Expert
Would you recommend Enterprise to others?
Hayley S.
Geneva, IL
How old do you have to be in order to rent a car?
Gabrina T.
Barstow, CA
Globetrotter Expert
Never use enterprise before do people drive you around or you rent the car and drive it
Lois A.
San Jose, CA
Globetrotter Expert
How old do you have to be to rent a car from this service?
Ambar D.
Hollywood, MD
If something happened, like an accident, could I use my own insurance or...?