BY ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR #1 in Rental Car Companies

Enjoy fast and easy car rental bookings from Enterprise Rent-A-Car at one of our 7200 branches in cities, airports and neighborhoods near you.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Start your review of Enterprise Rent-A-Car!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "customer services varies based on which location you go to, I've had one location tell me one thing and a location up the street say something totally different. " in 46 reviews
  • "I have not rented a car from them because i have been able to find lower rates elsewhere, but i have purchased a car from them and they give you GREAT deals on very well taken car of cars and they have great customer service!" in 19 reviews
  • "The few times that we travel we tend to use enterprise as we have found decent rates with them and the vehicles are always clean. " in 12 reviews
  • "I had a really good experience, but I was disappointed that I got a smaller car than I anticipated based on what was in stock." in 11 reviews
  • "This is a great place for rental car at least when it is provided by your car insurance or some one elses :) they are very friendly and have good customer service" in 10 reviews
Inverness
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Recently we rented a car from Enterprise and had it booked several days in advance but the morning I called to make sure my car would be ready when we arrived, I was told that the car they had reserved for us had been damaged by an accident with a deer, and they had no other cars available for us. We needed a car to get to the airport in our return home from a vacation. After a lengthy conversation with the employee and not getting anywhere, I asked to talk to a manager and was told the manager would tell me the same thing. Not accepting that, the employee gave me the phone number to call the manager, but before I could get through the phone line, I got a call back from the employee who informed me that after hanging up that he talked to his manager and they would have a car for me within the hour. It all worked out but had I not demanded to talk to a manager, we would of had a bigger problem because Enterprise was the only car rental in and near the area we were vacationing.
Charlotte
I like the “pick em up feature” over the last few years but sadly, due to other ride services, there is. I need in this and it was the only perk for using Enterprise. We have always been given a hassle about having to have major credit cards or an outrageous amount available in our bank account. Then they are always pushing insurance, even if you are fully covered. Have a wreck and it goes on another person’s insurance and they are investigating you more than the police officer at the scene of the accident. Then, they ask a million personal questions, take forever to process things, stick you in a vehicle that you didn’t request or is filled with cigarette smoke or is on empty... Enterprise has never impressed me and slowly has been going down hi, ever since I rented my first vehicle, until the last..
Philadelphia, PA
I had to use enterprise in Philadelphia when my car was in the repair shop. I’m a mom of four and I drive a minivan, so I do not expect too much. However, when I arrived to get my car I waited to be served, then went out to inspect the car with the enterprise employee and it was filthy! She assured me they would clean it, so I went inside to wait again. When I got the car, it looked clean enough on the outside but the inside was still a little dirty. I did not have time to wait and my kids make crumbs anyway, so I just took it as it was. When I went to put something in the middle console there was trash and dirty tissues in there. I was pretty grossed out. There was also no gas in the car and they just said to return it on empty. Needless to say, I was not impressed with enterprise at all.
Oxford, ME
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I used Enterprise when my car was being fixed after the result of a hit and run. I was less than impressed. While the customer service was alright, they made no effort to make sure I was comfortable in the car I was driving. Not to mention, they got me a car way above the price my insurance pays for. I was stuck driving a giant van for over a week when I specifically asked for a sedan, which is what I am comfortable with. I ended up calling and asking if I can trade for something different. The girl on the phone said no problem and to come over the next day, when I did, I was told there was nothing they can do for me. Most likely will not be using them again in the future.
South Pittsburg
I have rented a 2019 chevy 1500, a 2019 ram 1500, and a 2019 chevy malibu from enterprise in the last 6 months. All three times, they lost my reservation (made through USAA so they also lost our discount) But they ended up all three times "upgrading" the car for free. Great customer service in office. Terrible over the phone. Both of the 1500s were super nice and clean. The malibu had a pack of rotten tomatoes under the back of the passenger seat. But I got a free phone block someone left in there. Not a bad experience and I will more than likely be back!
Roeland Park, KS
I use enterprise regularly for work travel. I usually have an easy time working with them. Just don’t accidentally leave anything in the vehicle. I recently left something in my car in Orlando. I noticed it as soon as I turned the car in. I was instructed to call the lost and found and create a ticket. This was less than 5 minutes after walking away from the car. No one answered the phone at this particular branch and no one would simply look in the car, which I’m sure was being cleaned. Needless to say, my jacket has never been recovered.
South Gate, CA
I recently took a trip to a different state using this rental service. Initially I had reserved my car through them and when I got there, they had a scarce amount of rentals so they did a free upgrade for me and gave me a discount to keep me satisfied. The car I ended up renting, was the best car I could’ve travelled with. I felt safe, it had amazing features. It felt luxurious and Comfortable. Not to mention, they offered the best customer service I could’ve encountered. Will definitely be renting from them again!
Seattle
Not a bad experience with them. Unfortunately we went at a time where it wasn’t convenient. They were undergoing some renovation and all of the check in platforms that are self service were broken and not in service. Thus we had to wait for quite a long time as the people behind the glass window were really taking their time with each and every customer. Things like that should not happen especially during summer where traveling is a huge thing. Nonetheless no problems, it was fun picking out the car!
Northwood
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I am a loyal Enterprise fan and have had great luck. They are located all over the US, even in more rural areas which is great! I do wish the drop fee at a different location would be dropped once you do it so many times or after so many rentals. I’ve only had one negative experience with Enterprise, but I truly think that was the person not doing their job and not a reflection of the company. Enterprise is so easy to book, modify, and work with on reservations. I also love the usability of the app.
Aumsville, OR
From the moment we got there to receive the car, to the moment we dropped it off after our trip, it all went well. The only reason I gave it a 4/5 stars is because the moment we got there our car wasn’t ready so we had to wait about 20 min for them to clean the outside of the car. We were just sitting waiting for the car to be ready. Overall, I liked that the day of the drop off day we could drop it off at whatever time even if it was after hours so I had a good experience renting a car from them!
Eagle River, AK
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Would you recommend Enterprise to others?
Geneva, IL
How old do you have to be in order to rent a car?
Barstow, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
San Francisco, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
How old do you have to be to rent a car from this service?
Hollywood, MD
If something happened, like an accident, could I use my own insurance or...?

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

If you have an existing Rakuten account, make sure to enter your Rakuten email