Enfamil® EnfaCare® uploaded by Danielle B.

BY ENFAMIL #55 in Formula

Enfamil EnfaCare Infant Formula is formulated to meet the special nutritional needs of babies born prematurely or at a low birth weight, and is recommended to be used through 12 months of age. During the transition from hospital to home, you want to be sure you're giving your preemie the nutrition she needs to thrive. That's why EnfaCare has additional protein, calcium, and extra vitamins & minerals* to promote early growth & helps your little one catch up to full-term, breastfed infants**. *Increased caloric density, protein, and some vitamins & minerals compared to standard term formula to help support weight and growth in babies born prematurely. **When used in a program of Enfamil formulas: Enfamil® Premature, Enfamil EnfaCare, and Enfamil® Infant; based on a clinical study before the addition of prebiotics to Enfamil Infant.

• Clinically proven to promote catch-up growth similar to full-term breastfed infants**
  • Milk-based, 22 Cal/fl oz formula with enriched nutrition* to promote your baby's healthy development
  • Blend of nutrients to help your baby's immune system
  • Amounts of DHA & ARA as recommended by experts
  • Perfect for plan-ahead feedings

INGREDIENTS:

NONFAT MILK, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, LACTOSE, HIGH OLEIC SUNFLOWER OIL, SOY OIL, MEDIUM CHAIN TRIGLYCERIDES (MCT OIL), COCONUT OIL, AND LESS THAN 2%: MORTIERELLA ALPINA OIL*, CRYPTHECODINIUM COHNII OIL**, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, FERROUS SULFATE, MAGNESIUM PHOSPHATE, ZINC SULFATE, POTASSIUM CITRATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CUPRIC SULFATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, SODIUM SELENITE, POTASSIUM IODIDE, SOY LECITHIN, INOSITOL, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, ASCORBIC ACID, NIACINAMIDE, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE, RIBOFLAVIN, VITAMIN B6 HYDROCHLORIDE, VITAMIN D3, FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN K1, BIOTIN, VITAMIN B12, CHOLINE CHLORIDE, VITAMIN E ACETATE, NUCLEOTIDES (CYTIDINE 5’-MONOPHOSPHATE, ADENOSINE 5’-MONOPHOSPHATE, DISODIUM URIDINE 5’-MONOPHOSPHATE, DISODIUM GUANOSINE 5’-MONOPHOSPHATE) TAURINE, L-CARNITINE.

Buy on Walmart*
Alanis L.
Louisa , VA
My daughter was born at 34 weeks and was given this to supplement her breastmilk bottles while in the NICU, and it has done wonders for us. This helped her gain weight and we couldn't be happier.
Kim W.
South Lyon, MI
My 23 weeker was put on this in the NICU. At first we used to fortify breast milk combined with beneprotein. He showed regular weight gain and growth so we were able to eliminate beneprotein (at 8 weeks adjusted) but kept him on breast milk and enfacare. He doesn't like the two combined so we put the effort in to feed him equal parts of both. He seems to constantly be battling gas and irregular bowel movements on Enfacare - side effects that are apparently common from what I've seen on other reviews. I'm looking forward to being able to put him on regular calorie formula sooner rather than later to hopefully address this discomfort. He's progressed from 1 lb. 8 oz. to 13 lb. 7 oz. over his 5.5 months of life.
Casey T.
Bunker Hill, IL
Nutritionally I would give this 5 stars but the powder version of this made my son miserably gassy so his dr. Okayed switching to a regular formula. The premade like he was given in the special care nursery was so much better on his belly, not sure how they can be so different but I'm glad I switched.
Stacy d.
Levittown, PA
I'd give this product five stars if it wasn't so expensive, but that's just the nature of formula. Enfamil is great with sending out a lot of coupons though! We used this formula after my son was born six weeks early and I had to supplement my breast milk with this. He stayed on it for almost six months and never had any issues with it. Powder mixed well. He began growing fine thanks to the extra calories from the formula!
Valeria P.
Since my babies were born 6 weeks early, the doctors had us fortify my breast milk with this formula. So far, the babies have taken it very well. It is kind of pricey, but it is great for premature babies. I'm definitely going to stick to this formula until our doctor thinks we can change it up, but our babies have taken to it and it doesn't seem to bother them.
Danielle B.
Columbia , SC
This formula worked great for my son who was a preemie born three months early. It helped him gain weight quickly. I would definitely recommend this product to parent's that have a premature baby.
Bri F.
Colorado Spgs, CO
My sister uses Enfamil formula for my nephew. It definitely meets our expectations. We buy this at King Soopers usually and I don't think there is room for improvement. We would definitely buy it again.
Liliana G.
I have twin premature girls and this is the formula they were given in order for them to gain weight faster since its a high calorie formula, i have nothing but good things to say about this now my daughters are 11 months and are the height and weight of other 11months old not premature babies.
Cyndi B.
Redondo Beach, CA
I had teeny tiny baby girls in the NICU for months. Breast milk did not have enough calories so we had to supplement with this formula. Once you get over feeling guilty - it is a lifesaver, literally. Every calorie counts when your baby is born at 2 pounds!
Ashley S.
Stony Point, NC
My daughter was born a preemie, the formula is great and helped her gain weight pretty quick as well, she eventually caught up where she was supposed to be and they took her off of it.