BY KEVIN LIMA #69 in Movies

A fairy tale comes to life in this thoroughly original, new Disney Classic. Drawing inspiration from its classic heritage, Disney creates an inspired story unlike any you've experienced before. Filled with excitement, fun, and incredible music from the legendary Alan Menken, ENCHANTED is the ultimate fish-out-of-water adventure. For princess-to-be Giselle, life is a fairy tale -- until she's banished from the animated land of Andalasia and thrust into the very unmagical, live-action world of modern-day Manhattan. When a cynical, no-nonsense divorce lawyer comes to her aid, little does he realize that this joyful, wide-eyed innocent is about to enchant him. ENCHANTED -- the musical comedy that will have your entire family under its spell.

• What is the movie about? I would like to see it 2 Answers
  • It's a great movie ,I watch it every time they show it on tv6 Answers
  • Is the movie any good? I want to watch it but don't want to wast...9 Answers
Enchanted
  • "This was a cute movie but not my favorite they made her act a little too ditzy for my taste and it got a little annoying " in 13 reviews
  • "I really enjoy this movie ..list a good family movie ,,,especially for girls they love all the songs" in 9 reviews
  • "This was a fun movie to watch and it made you want to sing along." in 6 reviews
  • "I took this movie from my aunt when it first came out and I still watch it all the time it's fun and it mixes up a little of all the Disney stories and I love the little twist to it the songs are cute the characters are great and I love the whole princess in the real world kind of vibe " in 6 reviews
  • "It is a cute and refreshing spin on a classic Disney princess movie that the whole family will love!" in 5 reviews
Vicky E.
Davie, FL
I just watched this movie for the millionth time and decided to come give it the best review I can give! Let's start with casting: Amy Adams and James Marsden were relatively unknown when this film came out and it worked in the films favor. Susan Sarandon and Patrick Dempsey were the only actors I recognized and I didn't even watch the film for them, I watched because the plot LOOKED AMAZING. Which brings me to the second point, this film is a complete love letter to Disney and it's so much for to just watch the movie a ton of times to spot the different Disney references. Finally, the soundtrack is lovely. The film is not overwhelmed with music but, being a Disney film, it does have its lovely musical gems. The final song "So Close" is probably the most beautiful song I've ever heard in a Disney film.
Elvia L.
Anaheim, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love this movie! Although I must warn y'all, the movie is super cheesy but it has a great cast, a cute story, and a catchy soundtrack. The song So Close is being used in Disney California Adventures show World of Color and it makes me want to cry cause it's so cute. Also this movie has some of the best Cameos.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
This story was so imaginative for Disney and that is really saying a lot. It incorporated animation and real live action into the whole film. The music was amazing and it takes place in NYC. Can't get anymore magical than that.
Adelynn G.
Garciasville, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie was so good! It was better than I thought it would be. The music is cute and makes you want to sing along. What I like about it the most, however, is that it gives the typical princess marries the prince story a little twist. It was a very enjoyable movie.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
Such a strange movie. I can't really even express whether it was good or bad. It was just odd overall. The music was a weird addition, and I think it could have gone without it. Also the plot was all over the place, so that was majorly confusing. Kinda recommend.
Rachel M.
Los Angeles, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is such a good movie! In my opinion, this should be a classic. The music in the movie is super catchy- I find myself singing it sometimes throughout my day. The acting was pretty good, also really good props! This is for sure a must watch for kinds and adults.
Catherine M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
La vi cuando era una niña y desde ese momento me encanto, no la volvi a ver hasta a3 años despues que disney la estreno en su canal y es que cada vez que la pasan , la veo, me encanta como los actores interpretan estos personajes, es una pelicula que lo tiene todo, drama, aventuras, amor y humor!
Debra P.
One of my favorite family-friendly, live-action fairy tale movies. The performances are strong (and truly sell the conceit), the story well-paced, direction confident, and the music memorable. The humor is pitched right, neither too cynical or twee. It's also one of those rare movies that I appreciated more the second time, as it rewards repeat viewing.
Molly S.
Philadelphia, PA
I've spent my life surrounded by movie people (yeah, like screenplay writers and producers) and I've heard nothing but good things about this movie. I love Amy Adams, so it's sort of a no-brainer that this movie is fantastic. By combining animation and live action, it's the Mary Poppins of the century. Besides, who doesn't love a Disney musical?
Tiffany M.
Santa Ana, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
My favorite Disney movie ever! It's such a clever take on a modern fairytale with so many references to older Disney princess movies that you see something new each time you watch it. Also Alan Menken wrote all new songs that are amazing!
Alicia R.
Is the movie any good? I want to watch it but don't want to waste my time
Shirley R.
Bronx, NY
It's a great movie ,I watch it every time they show it on tv
Melanie T.
Columbus, GA
What is the movie about? I would like to see it