Emjoi Divine Battery Operated Epilator

by Emjoi

#23 in Epilators

Emjoi Divine Battery Operated Epilator, AP-17B: 36 tweezers Massaging finger to minimize discomfort Battery powered Operates on 3 AA batteries Patented skin glide design Silver ion technology for anti-microbial protection

How bad does it hurt and does it irritate your skin ?
I heard this one is really painful 😖, is it?
How painful is this and does it leave behind redness or irritation?
Start your review of Emjoi Divine Battery Operated Epilator!
Kat F.
Fairhaven, MA
I don't know if I can rightly give this emjoi five stars, given that it's my first ever epilator, but I'm gonna go ahead and do so any. I'm just that happy with it. I had decided to try an epilator, because I have psoriasis on my legs, which makes it difficult to shave. But that really hasn't stopped me, so I've been shaving away, but my last outbreak of psoriasis was not clearing and my dermatologist said I might have to stop shaving, because the razor was irritating my skin and making my psoriasis worse. So, this is how I came upon the epilators. I read a bunch of reviews and went with this emjoi cord/cordless model. I was going to possibly go with the red 72-tweezer emjoi version, but I was afraid that the larger head size might make it hard to tweeze some areas. Anyway...just got my emjoi two weeks ago. Did my legs after taking a nice warm bath. I also did take a pain pill before, as some reviewers had advised. It was somewhat painful for the first minute or so, but it was definitely tolerable. And, I have never waxed before (and have no tatoos or other major body modifications), so I would say that I am true novice in the pain for beuty spectrum. After one week, I only had a smattering of hairs that had grown back on my legs, which I assume was because the hairs had been broken off rather than actually plucked. But it was a small smattering...like 6 hairs on each leg or something. I touched them up like it was no big deal. This week I made it my goal to tackle some of my other body hair. I tried my underarms, but found it to be a bit too painful and thought it might be better to shave them first, as the hair might be too long. So, I went for the bikini area. This was decidedly more painful than the legs, but once I go going it was not so bad. I wasn't able to do a full brazillian, because it just got to be a bit much. Although, keep in mind I have never waxed my bikini area either, so my skin is not accustomed to having its hair plucked out. I think I may try doing a bit more of it tomorrow. There are definitely some red bumps which appear after using the epilator, but they go away within a couple hours. Of course you would want to keep this in mind if you were considering using your epilaotor directly before throwing on a bathing suit and heading to the beach. Incidently, I have also been using the after epilatoin cream. I have used it just the day of epilating my legs and bikini and not using it daily thereafter. I have also exfoliated my skin before using the epilator and once during the week after. So, I hope that this review is of value to novice hair pluckers. I say go for it.
Amanda R.
Pittsburgh, PA
This is my first epilator and I was skeptical going into it. I didn't personally know anyone who used one but let me tell you this thing is a game changer. I used to wax my little mustache and chin hairs but hated it because I have sensitive skin. This thing gets rid of the hair quickly and with much less pain then waxing and it doesn't irritate my skin. It cost less than $40 and I have had mine for over 2 years and I have only replaced the batteries once. If you have facial hair you NEED this. No more waxing or bleaching.
Alisha W.
Pueblo, CO
I just bought this. Worked great. OF COURSE it hurt but hey what do you expect? I took 1000mg of ibuprofen 45 minutes before hand plus had a really hot shower.
Ves C.
Orlando
I started using this product about 17 years ago. My first one finally died. I ordered another one. As long as they continue making them, I will use them. They are very economical. I would definitely recommend this product to.
Sana A.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Emjoi Divine was the first epilator I bought to try out epilating. Although painful at first and it took a while to get used to it, I found epilating a better alternative to waxing. The only thing I wish was different is that it had a power cord instead of batteries. Having to find or buy batteries can get a bit annoying after a while.
Tanya B.
Fulton, NY
I hated this...cost a good chunk of change and I was so disappointed by this product. I have a chronic pain ailment and this did not help what so ever except to cause more pain to my daily dose that I already have before self inflicting more. I would not recommend to people with fibromyalgia
Allison C.
Portsmouth, VA
So I have had tons of issues with hair removal and I was always nervous about trying an epilator. I used my mom's 20 something year old Epilady and found that the coil of metal just didn't get the job done and took several pulls to finally get the hair out. I found it painful at first but once you use it for few minutes it becomes almost like a massage or like getting a tattoo. I decided that I would invest in a higher quality and newer epilator since I always seem to have problems shaving. First I tested it on my underarms and OUCH it was not pleasant but after a minute it was much more tolerable and only a minor burning sensation (which was soothed quickly with Aquaphor lotion). It took out all the hairs in one or two pulls and it left none of the little red bumps that shaving does. And no dark spots! On the legs, it worked just as well. It was still painful in the sensitive areas like behind the knee and thighs but all in all, it did a fantastic job at pulling out many of the short hairs although not all of them. I would say this is a great product and if you're tired of shaving this may well be a great investment for you to make. Have not tried on upper lip or pubic area but I would predict the same painful start and then not so bad. Hope this review helps you make a choice about purchasing this epilator!
Allison G.
Flowery Br, GA
Pure pain. I was physically sick after I did my legs. Just stick with waxing or a razor.
Tina V.
Kingwood, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Works great. I owned this one for awhile and now it does not hold charge. It works being plugged in. It takes a bit to get use to the process but well worth it.
Tina O.
Works great no pain and my money stays in my pocket. Love that I can use it anytime I feel the need.