Emjoi Divine Battery Operated Epilator uploaded by Marycruz H.Emjoi Divine Battery Operated Epilator uploaded by Cheryl W.Emjoi Divine Battery Operated Epilator uploaded by Alisha W.

BY EMJOI #10 in Epilators & Hair Removal Devices

Emjoi Divine Battery Operated Epilator, AP-17B: 36 tweezers Massaging finger to minimize discomfort Battery powered Operates on 3 AA batteries Patented skin glide design Silver ion technology for anti-microbial protection

Buy on Jet.com*
Nonnie M.
Santa Fe Spgs, CA
I just bought mine. First it doesn't work after it's charged. First I tried it on my arms. Ouch it pulled my hair. Then I tried it on my face. Couldn't do it anymore. It was too painful. I immediately started getting rash. I bought it for my bikini area. Debuting whether I should try it or not. Well i though, let me put some location in my area, ouch ouch. It caught my skin in the machine. I pulled it out. Then I thought maybe I positioned it wrong so I tried again . It grabbed onto my skin again and had to yank the machine from my skin, leaving me with a big cut. I will try Sugary
Jessica R.
Lodi, OH
I have actually had my epilator for quite a while. I do grow a little bit of the neck hair beard hair extension haha I love it but I will let you know it hurts until you used to it. Emjoi Divine Battery Operated Epilator
Jovi P.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I really enjoy this epilator for days i don’t feel like waxing or tweezing! It’s super quick and easy to use. The price was affordable. I bought mine 4 years ago and it still works great! The one thing I hate about it is having to clean the hairs out.
member-96493
I look forward to using this in the future. My leg hair and arm hairs grow back quickly and im tired of constantly shaving. I hope this is way better and harmless to use. Razors can cause shaving bumps and cuts. This wont have any of those, so once again i look forward to using the Emjoi
Kat F.
Fairhaven, MA
I don't know if I can rightly give this emjoi five stars, given that it's my first ever epilator, but I'm gonna go ahead and do so any. I'm just that happy with it.
I had decided to try an epilator, because I have psoriasis on my legs, which makes it difficult to shave. But that really hasn't stopped me, so I've been shaving away, but my last outbreak of psoriasis was not clearing and my dermatologist said I might have to stop shaving, because the razor was irritating my skin and making my psoriasis worse. So, this is how I came upon the epilators. I read a bunch of reviews and went with this emjoi cord/cordless model. I was going to possibly go with the red 72-tweezer emjoi version, but I was afraid that the larger head size might make it hard to tweeze some areas.
Anyway...just got my emjoi two weeks ago. Did my legs after taking a nice warm bath. I also did take a pain pill before, as some reviewers had advised. It was somewhat painful for the first minute or so, but it was definitely tolerable. And, I have never waxed before (and have no tatoos or other major body modifications), so I would say that I am true novice in the pain for beuty spectrum. After one week, I only had a smattering of hairs that had grown back on my legs, which I assume was because the hairs had been broken off rather than actually plucked. But it was a small smattering...like 6 hairs on each leg or something. I touched them up like it was no big deal. This week I made it my goal to tackle some of my other body hair. I tried my underarms, but found it to be a bit too painful and thought it might be better to shave them first, as the hair might be too long. So, I went for the bikini area. This was decidedly more painful than the legs, but once I go going it was not so bad. I wasn't able to do a full brazillian, because it just got to be a bit much. Although, keep in mind I have never waxed my bikini area either, so my skin is not accustomed to having its hair plucked out. I think I may try doing a bit more of it tomorrow. There are definitely some red bumps which appear after using the epilator, but they go away within a couple hours. Of course you would want to keep this in mind if you were considering using your epilaotor directly before throwing on a bathing suit and heading to the beach. Incidently, I have also been using the after epilatoin cream. I have used it just the day of epilating my legs and bikini and not using it daily thereafter. I have also exfoliated my skin before using the epilator and once during the week after.
So, I hope that this review is of value to novice hair pluckers. I say go for it.
Allison C.
Portsmouth, VA
So I have had tons of issues with hair removal and I was always nervous about trying an epilator. I used my mom's 20 something year old Epilady and found that the coil of metal just didn't get the job done and took several pulls to finally get the hair out. I found it painful at first but once you use it for few minutes it becomes almost like a massage or like getting a tattoo. I decided that I would invest in a higher quality and newer epilator since I always seem to have problems shaving. First I tested it on my underarms and OUCH it was not pleasant but after a minute it was much more tolerable and only a minor burning sensation (which was soothed quickly with Aquaphor lotion). It took out all the hairs in one or two pulls and it left none of the little red bumps that shaving does. And no dark spots! On the legs, it worked just as well. It was still painful in the sensitive areas like behind the knee and thighs but all in all, it did a fantastic job at pulling out many of the short hairs although not all of them. I would say this is a great product and if you're tired of shaving this may well be a great investment for you to make. Have not tried on upper lip or pubic area but I would predict the same painful start and then not so bad. Hope this review helps you make a choice about purchasing this epilator!
Deborah O.
Love this epilator! Plucks out all the hairs (especially thick hairs) really well and leaves your skin (especially armpits) super clean. I never shave now, because since this epilator plucks everything from the roots, you don't need to worry about prickly armpits afterwards, and the hair grows back slower. Took off one star because it doesn't last the longest with batteries. The power dies a little quick, so I'd recommend the ones you can plug into an outlet if you're only going to use it in the restroom.
elaine p.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I really loved the idea of "no shaving" I tough it'll spend less time but... I was wrong.. even though is worthy.. legs are so smooth and hairs grows slower and thinner. Highly recommend this
Sarah F.
Tucson, AZ
You are ripping hair out of your skin, its going to hurt. If you have sensitive skin or are not used to abusing your skin(with waxing or other epilators) you are not going to be used to this and the first time you use it you WILL be sweating and shaking. But it does get better and it is so worth it!
I have been using my emjoi for over 3 years now at it was definitely worth the price. At first I tried a cheap $20 phillips one and it sucked so bad and scared me away from epilators but after a bit of research, I ended up buying my Emjoi and am so glad i did. It really did make a difference. You can take a pain killer, or soak in a bath to help ease the pain but honestly it wont do anything, but hey if the placebo works on you!
Amanda R.
Pittsburgh, PA
This is my first epilator and I was skeptical going into it. I didn't personally know anyone who used one but let me tell you this thing is a game changer. I used to wax my little mustache and chin hairs but hated it because I have sensitive skin. This thing gets rid of the hair quickly and with much less pain then waxing and it doesn't irritate my skin. It cost less than $40 and I have had mine for over 2 years and I have only replaced the batteries once. If you have facial hair you NEED this. No more waxing or bleaching.
Jacqueline M.
London, Ontario
Does it really hurt that much?
Alicia B.
Edgerton, KS
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This seems like a lot of work and time- does the result last?
Alexandra G.
Does this help minimize hair growth?
Glenys M.
Boston, MA
Compare to waxing which you say works better? Meaning gives you better results, lasting longer for hair to grow back?
Tati C.
I have developed really dark underarms, everyone says its from shaving. If i used this would my underarms get lighter?