BY EMILE HENRY

5.00 / 5 based on 1 Review

The Pizza Stone makes brick-oven style pizzas in ovens and on grills. Heats up in 15 minutes and cleans easily. Light weight. Made in France. For five generations, Emile Henry has been making bakeware, cookware and tableware in Marcigny, France. True to tradition, all Emile Henry pieces are carefully hand-crafted from Burgundy clay which is found naturally in the region. The mineral-rich clay is combined with 100-percent natural ingredients to create Flame Top, an innovative line of ceramic cookware that is lightweight, versatile, and unsurpassed for even heat distribution. The Emile Henry Pizza Stone features the superior heat properties of Burgundy clay with Flame Top technology turning your grill into an outdoor pizza oven. This pizza stone is designed to be used on grills; gas, charcoal and natural wood; in ovens; conventional and convection; can also be used under the broiler over an open flame. The stone heats very quickly and evenly, can withstand high temperatures and is resistant to mechanical or thermal shock. The Emile Henry Pizza stone is lighter than other stones and has integrated handles for easy transportation. A unique micro-crazed glazing makes a crispy, well-baked crust and is stain resistant. It will not become sticky or stained over time and you can cut directly on the stone without cutting or scratching the surface. Clean up is easy with soap and water and unlike non-glazed stones-it is also dishwasher safe. The stone can also be used as a grilling platter and is ideal for baking breads. Microwave, broiler, convection and conventional oven safe is has a 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects. Features:14-1/2-Inch Round Flame Top Pizza Stone is made in France of all natural materials Designed for use: On grills- gas, charcoal and natural wood; In ovens-conventional and convection; Can also be used under the broiler The glaze is micro-crazed contributing to crispy well baked crusts. It is also perfect for baking breads Pizza stone can withstan see more...

Review (1)
Buy on Bed Bat...*
Casey K.
Burlington, KY
ABOUT ME
I enjoy making my own pizza at home. I am still terrible with tossing dough, but that's beside the point. I make a number of doughs at the same time and then I freeze them. I pull them out of the freezer and put them in the fridge a day or two in advance before pulling it out of the fridge a couple hours before making. I turn the oven on the highest setting of 550 degrees and place the stone in the oven. This stone is still in perfect operating condition after a year and a half. I like using the stone, because it gets the crust really crispy. I've even used it in my charcoal smoker with no issues.

ABOUT THE STONE
This is by far my favorite item I received as a wedding present. I use it regularly on pizza, chicken patties, chicken breasts, pie, various vegetables, etc. I love it! It cleans up fairly easily without being easily scratched. I've even used a pizza cutter to remove grit off of it with no issues. The stone itself is 14.5" in diameter (16.5" with handles). The handles are definitely handy (no pun intended) when removing from the oven. I like the color, and it does a great job at crisping. It is a little bit more pricey than some alternatives, but I think it's more durable and easier to clean. In my opinion, its worth a little bit of a price premium.