BY JOURNEY #77 in Music

• Who's bought the soundtrack? The music in this game is amazing~1 Answers
  • Would you recommend this game? :)5 Answers
  • How did you try to communicate with your partner in the game? c:4 Answers
Emerson String Quartet: Journeys
  • "On paper, it sounds ridiculous for a video game, a sort of thought experiment that would work best on the pages of a dreary novel that would get excellent literary reviews but be read by roughly zero real people." in 7 reviews
  • "From what I have seen it is a beautiful game, it is one of those games thatyou would want more and more of." in 6 reviews
  • "One of my friends made me play this one day telling me that it would be one of the best games I've ever played." in 5 reviews
  • "I was having fun running through the desert and jumping around with my glowing scarf, but it wasnt until i found another player that this game suddenly made sense to me." in 5 reviews
Ashlee B.
Ashlee B.
Morrow, GA
I watched my husband play this game, but because I'm so creative and imaginative the characters had a bit of significance because they couldn't speak. So I literally let the game play in my head adding scenarios and conversations. It's something you'd want to play if you're looking for something different. It may take a while to get into it or mainly understand but overall it's good. Good story.
Bambi F.
Bambi F.
Winter Park, FL
THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE PS3 VIDEO GAME JOURNEY. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE TITLE WAS CHANGED BUT THAT"S PRETTY SHADY IF YOU ASK ME. I am honestly shocked that there are no reviews for this game yet, and honored to be the first. Journey is a truly unique and special gaming experience. Journey is The ultimate combination of art, storytelling and musical brilliance. You embark on a journey alone to start with, but soon companions join you in your game play. There is little ability to communicate, and you never know with whom you are playing until your journey is completed. Still, once completed, you feel a sense of closeness to your companions, especially if you are lucky enough to find one that stays with you through out the entire journey. I've been gaming for most of my life, and I can honestly say that no game has ever touched my soul until I played Journey. It is something that you just simply must play to understand. If you are looking for button mashing, hectic action, or first person shooting, this is not the game for you. But if you are willing to open your mind to a truly majestic gaming experience, please try Journey. I promise you won't regret it.
Sara R.
Sara R.
Saylorsburg, PA
I loved this game. The graphics were awesome and unique. It was a great game altogether.
Alexa B.
Alexa B.
Yakima, WA
According to the VGA game awards Journey was voted Best Indie Game of the Year and very well so.
Jamie J.
Jamie J.
Oneida, Il
I watched Pewdiepie play this on youtube. It it defiantly worth playing.
Antoinette P.
Antoinette P.
Littleton, CO
This is the kind of well thought out, extensive, and inclusive atmosphere all other games should strive for. I love the artistic/stylistic graphics in this game. You could literally stand still in any point of the game, print it, and frame it -- it's that beautiful. The music is wonderfully haunting. It is something I can't capture in words, please give it a listen! I really didn't think it was boring although I can see where some people are coming from. THe gameplay is very different and you have to have an open mind. The storyline is emotionally captivating. My problem with this game is that it could have been longer. I probably could have played this game forever. As it is now, I just play it over and over again. I think one negative is that a lot of your experience is dependent upon your partner. I got the game around launch so for me and the person I was playing with it was our first encounter. I feel like that's how it is meant to be played. My friend got it much later and had a partner that had no patience, led the entire thing, and showed her all the secrets. For her first time through the game, that's probably the least ideal experience. Otherwise, this game is amazing if you commit yourself to it and immerse yourself in it.
Mary A.
Mary A.
Winter Park, FL
Journey is a fantastic interactive experience where you the player get to move through this mysterious world along side companions that you cannot speak to nor know who they are. You both have to interact by instinct. Help eachother out, solve ways of getting through to the next part of the game. As you learn more about this world you are in, it slowly creates a strong bond you carry with the companion you are with that by the end you very protective of one another and are emotionally engaged with whats happening as you play. The gameplay is very smooth and it feels as though your movements bleed into the next area as you explore. The contrast of strong reds and orange work well with the dark blues and grays. Great atmosphere, gorgeous world, and an emotionally impacting mechanic. A fine way of perfecting Co-Op with minimalism.
Jinelle B.
Jinelle B.
N Chesterfld, VA
One of my friends made me play this one day telling me that it would be one of the best games I've ever played. She was right. It only takes about two hours to beat but journey through this game is amazing. The music is great. The graphics are fantastic. And despite having no dialogue, it moves you.
Alissa S.
Alissa S.
Portsmouth, VA
I don't fully finish games due to my reading hobby, which drives my husband nuts. He was playing this game one day and said that I would like it. I finished it in one sitting and I am with the other reviewer in saying that I wish it was longer, but it is a GREAT game that is different from the rest.
Lina C.
Lina C.
Brooklyn, NY
This is one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. It's just so simple and elegant that by the time I got to the end and realized what the journey was about, I had to play it over to catch all of the little things I missed. It brought me to tears without having any dialogue or clear cut story line.

The graphics are gorgeous as is the music.

This is the perfect game to play when you need to feel mellow. I will play a random level after a really stressful day because it feels like meditation on a console.
Chantal H.
Chantal H.
Irvington, KY
Would you recommend this game? :)
Brittany M.
Brittany M.
Henderson, KY
How did you try to communicate with your partner in the game? c:
Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.
Haddonfield, NJ
Who's bought the soundtrack? The music in this game is amazing~