BY EMERGEN-C #49 in Vitamin D

Chew through 2X more vitamin C†† per chew, plus other key antioxidants, vitamin E, zinc, as well as Vitamin D for immune support*, in citrus-y Emergen-C Immune+ Orange Blast Chewables.

• Does this come in any other flavors? The 'orange blast' w...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried these? What are they like?2 Answers
Jenn R.
PFLUGERVILLE, TX
Disclaimer: I received this product for free in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

Vitamin C is often hailed as a super vitamin. Just one google search will show you many of its benefits - immune support, cardiovascular protection, prenatal assistance, a safeguard against eye disease, and even skin wrinkling! My husband and I have been a fan of Alacer Corp's Emergen-C and Emergen-zzzz products for a while now.

Each chewable is large, roughly the size of a quarter. The dosage amount is 2 per day.

The taste is great! While the flavor is 'orange blast', there almost seems to be a hint of a tropical taste to the chewables. I do appreciate the fact that the formula includes 600iu of vitamin D as well as 150mcg of biotin, and 5mg of zinc. It's almost like a vitamin lite if you will.

Now, if you are a vegan / vegetarian, this product is not for you. The ingredients include:

gelatin (fish, bovine)
fish (cod, pollack, haddock, hake, cusk, redfish, sole, flounder)
I do wonder why there is a need to include the fish as there are other vitamin and mineral sources that are vegan / vegetarian friendly. This product alienates vegans / vegetarians by doing this. Additionally, I do not like that the first ingredient is sugar. There are definitely ways around this where the formula would be just as tasty without having 4 grams of sugar.

I can't attest to whether it provided the immune support that it promises, but it does taste great and it delivers a powerful punch when it comes to vitamins and minerals. I think it would serve Alacer well to redo the formula, removing the sugar and finding plant based ingredients.

Would I buy it? No, I'll stick to my Emergen-c packets. I believe you get more for your money that way.
Geri Liz L.
I tried this chewables and I actually like them! They are so convenient specially if you are on the go. I also felt that they didn't irritate my stomach like the powder does. I take them when I start feeling sick and they give me that shot of energy! Perfect for my teenagers that won't drink the powder.
Christine G.
This is my favorite vitamin to take when I feel like I am coming down with a cold. I also take this before getting on a plane or going out of town. It always helps me feel better and it is easy to chew a little sour but yummy.
Ashley C.
The review below nailed it, awesome! I too received this to try in an exchange for an honest review. I also can't comment on whether or not it's doing anything for me, because taken as directed: 2 tabs a day, that amounts to a bottle lasting one week, which I don't think is really enough time to gauge how well it works. The orange flavor is really overwhelming, and the end of it is just super tart- which can be a turn off for some. And it does seem to have a bit of a tropical taste to it as well. Sugar is the first ingredient, and that's definitely off putting, as I generally don't equate things that are supposed to be healthy with sugar as the first ingredient. It DOES contain animal by products, so it's not vegan or vegetarian, and really, it doesn't have to be. There's a ton of other supplements on the market that do not contain animal by products. Although, I don't understand why they're in this product in the first place.
LaWanda B.
Pecks Mill, WV
I received this product for free in exchange for my honest opinion. I really liked these new chewables. I like that they don't have to be dissolved in water and you just chew them up. They have a great taste it's not a super strong taste. You don't notice the effects right away but after about three days I noticed a difference in the way I felt. I noticed having more energy and that I felt better. You have to take everyday faithfully to feel the full effect. In all the reviews I noticed that no one has mentioned there are fish products in this vitamin. If you are allergic to fish do not take. Ingredients say it contains cod, pollack, haddock, hake, cusk, redfish, sole, and flounder. So if your not allergic it's a great supplement. It's very pricey but it's well worth it because it did great with me. Will be buying more when I get a chance!
DAsia W.
Gulfport, MS
I've been looking for a Vitamin D dietary supplement and I was sent this product to try free. I love the fact that they aren't pills they're chewable and do not leave a bad taste in your mouth. They are a bit sweet like candy. It contains 4g of sugar but seems like more. Overall I enjoyed this product my ONLY dislike is the quantity & price. There are only 14 tablets per box and the average adult is to take 2 tablets a day meaning one bottle is only a weeks worth. $6 x 4 weeks I'll spend $24 each month and $288 for a year supply. Although $24 isn't much I wish a bottle would at least contain a months worth.
Myra H.
I got to try these for free, an I think these are great. more convenient since they're chewable so don't need to be dissolved in water. I also prefer the flavor over the packets. you do have to chew two for a full serving so that automatically cuts the bottle in half so it doesn't last very long, and the cost is pretty steep compared to other Emergen-C products and comparable products.
Jenna D.
To be honest, I'm not 100% sure if this provided me with the 'immune plus' feature it says on the bottle. I really was not fond of the orange blast flavor-- I found it really overwhelming and concentrated. Also, why is there FISH listed in the ingredients of this product? Turned me off to see that. I will probably stick with regular Emergen-c packets as I prefer the taste and the value I am getting.
Melissa G.
West Columbia, SC
I tried Emergen-C Immune-+ Chewables as a free sample. As someone who tries to eat well I like this easy way to get some of the vitamins I don’t always get all of through my diet (plant based) with a decent taste and without the extra vitamins and minerals I don’t (personally) need to supplement. I recommend this product and would definitely purchase.
Roseddy Piña D.
Recibí este producto por smiley 360 para dar mi opinión sobre el producto . Es realmente bueno . Ayuda a tu sistema inmunológico . Tiene un buen sabor a naranja . Dice que los adultos deben tomar 2 por día , yo solo tomo una porque tengo gastritis . Lo recomiendo
Michelle N.
Lexington, KY
Has anyone tried these? What are they like?
Jenna D.
Does this come in any other flavors? The 'orange blast' was WAY too tart for me!