BY EM MICHELLE PHAN

Inspired by the girl who wants luminous skin. This sheer illuminator creates a special skin brightening effect - just like a filter to a photo. Apply alone, or mix with any foundation to illuminate skin. The five shades let you customize any look you’re going for: Dewy Skin creates that instant fresh face, Golden Candlelight creates a warm glow, Pink Flush creates that rosy glow from a glass of wine, Golden Hour creates a peachy glow of sunset, and Sparkles in the Sand creates a warm bronze glow from a summer getaway. see more...

• What is the purpose of this product? does it help your fa...3 Answers
  • What exactly is a "makeup mood enhancer"? What is its pur...1 Answers
  • Im pretty new at using mood enhancers. I have the Golden ...1 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Chelsea J.
Caledonia, MI
Definitely not for full face use. It states that it can be mixed with foundation to leave a glow, but I feel like I just spread glitter all over my face and I'm left looking like an orange sparkley vampire. I have the golden candlelight color which has an orangey bronze tone to it and it works great as a liquid highlight. The color looks gorgeous for the summer months and leaves a really romantic glow on the cheek bones.
Jacqueline C.
Longmeadow, MA
Alright. Here's the thing. I do like this product. The golden candlelight shade is a very pretty highlight, and works really well as a base for a powder highlight too. I love that one. It gives such a pretty, natural looking glow that you can easily enhance. I also have the golden hour as more of a bronze highlight, and I'm not a huge fan. It's a lot more orange than I thought it would be, and the color itself blends and looks a little funny.
I also feel like the actual price doesn't justify the product (I got them with my ipsy points). Over $20 for 0.49fl.oz. when I think you can get about the same amount or more for a drugstore one that works just as well at half the cost. Or just splurge and get a really nice brand for essentially the same price, and you get more product. Do I like it and will I keep using it? Of course! But will I repurchase? Nope. Not for the cost. And especially since it's a lot easier to hit up the drugstore or Sephora/Ulta.
Kristina N.
Memphis, TN
I mix this makeup mood enhancer with my MAC liquid foundation for a soft and glow type finish on my skin. It comes out looking like a liquid pearl and has quite a bit of sparkle attached to it. If you mix it with something, it wont be overbearing and be just right. The only thing I can think of that is a con for this product is the fact that I personally can't find a use for it if I use a powder foundation. It goes on too shimmery when you use a powder as opposed to when its mixed in with a liquid foundation.
Patti A.
Kailua, HI
I got Em Michelle Phan Makeup Mood Enhancer Illuminating Skin Filter (WHEW! That's a mouthful!) in pink flush. The color is very, very light pink, and it's very glow-y. I've worn it only once so far, and it felt a bit greasy to me. I do have oily skin, so this may not be the ideal product for me. I'm going to try it as a highlight on my cheekbones to see how that works.
Ashley I.
STAFFORD, VA
I bought this is two shades. the light pink one is my least favorite because once it is applied it turns white. the other shade is candlelight (or something like that) gives a great dewy glow to my skin. I would recommend trying the shades before you purchase them because they are lighter one applied.
Jennifer T.
Rochester, NH
I have to start off by saying this is my first time using this type of product so its a work in progress. However for my first one I loved it. It highlighted the areas on my face I wanted it to and it was very light to put on and it left my face feeling soft and my confidence up a notch As a newbie to this I would definitely recommend this product!
Lindsey L.
Middletown, CT
This product is a great new find of mine for the spring time. This is a great illuminator and highlighter! I would even compare it to the NARS and Benefit liquid illuminators. It gives your skin a healthy, summery glow. A definite as we move into the warmer months!
Lauren S.
Love this product! It creates a natural dewy glow without too much illumination. It only takes about a pea sized amount to get the desired affect. I mix with my foundation and apply that way.
Temis P.
Corona, NY
I got this in dewy skin, with is more like a shimmery, I only worn it twice so far to high light my night make up it gave a nice touch a little greasy, Wich I didn't like as I have oily skin.
Andrianna S.
Gilroy, Ca
I Felt Like This Product Was Pretty
and Everything But What Got Me Was
that It Contained Alcohol and Had a Crazy
warning On It. that's Was Kinda Is Stopping
me Frm Wanting To Use It...
Nashely s.
Philadelphia, PA
What is the purpose of this product? does it help your face glow? or a dewy look?
Danielle T.
Trenton, FL
What exactly is a "makeup mood enhancer"? What is its purpose and how does it work? I'm very curious and would love to try if it is something that would be beneficial and somewhat like a toner.
Jennifer T.
Rochester, NH
Im pretty new at using mood enhancers. I have the Golden Candlelight but I saw a mention of a pink one? What does the pink one do?