Skin CareFacial SkincareEltaMD
UV Shield Broad-Spectrum SPF 45

EltaMD UV Shield Broad-Spectrum SPF 45

by EltaMD

Treat your skin to this sheer, oil-free facial sunscreen. Cosmetically elegant EltaMD UV Shield is recommended for oily to normal skin. It is ideal worn under makeup or alone. UV Shield can be used in conjunction with photosensitizing medications.

I have dry skin but need an AM sunscreen. Is this moisturizing enough for dry skin or is it a drying finish? Does it sit well under foundation?
Does this feel thick or oily?
Has anyone with oily/ combination name tried any sunscreen they absolutely recommend? [product:elta-md-skincare-uv-clear-broad-spectrum-spf-46-facial-sunscreen-17-oz] ?
Start your review of EltaMD UV Shield Broad-Spectrum SPF 45!
How would you rate this product?
Angela C.
Los Angeles, CA
EltaMD UV Shield Broad-Spectrum SPF 45 uploaded by Angela C.
Purchased at: Dermstore
Lovely product like the rest of EltaMD sunscreens! This one is a bit more affordable than the UV Clear, so I don’t feel as guilty for using a lot of it. It goes on clear and feels like moisturizer! Can’t say much about the sun protection because I haven’t been out in the sun with it on, but I trust their products!
Rhonda D.
Greenville, SC
I feel that is a very good product. I goes on the skin very smoothly and did not feel greasy or heavy. I use it under my foundation even without a primer. I still use this product and I use it more often in the spring and summer I feel that this is a good product that isn't overly priced.
SkynCara L.
EltaMD UV Shield Broad-Spectrum SPF 45 uploaded by SkynCara L.
I love this brand, and decided to experiment with each different product. I felt this product did not protect my skin from the sun. I did not apply as you would say “a liberal amount” of product, but enough where it should have offered protection. I decided not to repurchase, and stick to the Elta 30, and the physical tinted 44. I used the remaining product on my hands. I find it was more effective for my hands it’s possible there was an issue with the product absorbing onto my face. Nevertheless, it’s a bit too expensive to use only on my hands, so again I would not re-purchase this
Jasmine S.
Bellmawr, NJ
EltaMD UV Shield Broad-Spectrum SPF 45 uploaded by Jasmine S.
Purchased at: Amazon
This Sun screen is alright. Not my favorite. Slight white car when I wear it and some days I look greasy. Still looked for my holy grail after this. It’s a good basic sunscreen if you want something simple and non toxic
Maryam I.
Maricopa, AZ
The best sunscreen I have ever used so far. I have brown-dark skin and its not so easy to find sunscreen that genuinely works and also does not leave residue or make your skin ashy. I love this product and it lasts me a long time. It does not have an awful smell either. Its perfect to me and I will continue to use it. A bit pricey but its amazing.
yacziri P.
oklahomacity
This product is perfect for those with naturally oily skin and acne prone skin. It’s a light layer and doesn’t leave you feeling gross and greasy. Would definitely recommend!
S P.
LA
This sunscreen is ALWAYS written that it’s the best and I can see why. It sinks right in leaving no white residue and no greasy feel as well. It’s gentle and I’d recommend and buy. I had some samples that I tried.
Roxie M.
Tacoma, WA
I really like that this goes on nicely. Not thick or sticky and absorbs quickly with little to no smell. It keeps me protected from the sun.
Pina G.
San Pedro, CA
Fantastic sunscreen! Leaves a minimal white cast on light skin. Works well under makeup. I would recommend this sunscreen!
Zahraa A.
Dearborn Hts, MI
It’s so beautiful it’s so nice it’s so good I love love it so much it’s so nice it’s so good
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Sophie S.
toronto, ON
il y a 2 ans
Luisa G. il y a 2 ans
This is my one and only sun block I love and trust! I have very oily skin and was recommended this one by a dermatologist. It does not add any oil to the skin like most sun blocks do. It’s almost like a matte dry consistency. I even got the tinted one to give me a touch of color since I don’t wear makeup daily. It keeps my skins oil in check throughout the day as well.